Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,691 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times (12314 Views)

Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin / Speculators Get Burnt As Naira Gains Value / Anxiety As FG Completes Review Of Mtn’s N34bn License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by 2sex(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2015
Fears were heightened at the weekend that the economy may be heading for a cataclysmic crash as the Naira fell to an all-time low of between N250 and N265 to a dollar at the black market.

The official market rate on the website of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) was, however, N197 to the American currency.

The apex bank put the inflation rate at 9.2, the Monetary Policy Rate (MPR) at 13 and crude oil price at $54.76 per barrel.

The wide disparity between the official rate and what obtains in the black market in an incentive to financial institutions to engage in round-tripping, according to financial experts who spoke with Daily Times at the weekend.

If the trend continues, the government have be left with no choice but to further devalue the Naira.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/anxiety-as-naira-falls-n250-to-dollar/
Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by chiboyo(m): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2015
Wahala dey!

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by adeyiga3(m): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by 2sex(m): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2015
INTROVERT ooo
Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by MRpii(m): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2015
NAIRA IS FALLING,CORRUPTION IS RISING!

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 03, 2015
Only last week, the papers reported that the naira was gaining ground and now this? That is what you get when a country is on autopilot

Meanwhile, I'm on way to Benin republic already. My president says we're better off there

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Mogidi: 8:29am On Aug 03, 2015
Fears were heightened at the weekend that [size=15pt]the economy may be heading for a cataclysmic crash [/size]as the Naira fell to an all-time low of between N250 and N265 to a dollar at the black market.

Lesson 101: Never vote a dullard, he'd crash your currency. We're heading the same way as Osun state> to the abyss.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2015
chai!! mah kukuma go buy dollar bfor it gets even higher
Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by buki5: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2015
Read news from Punch, Vanguard, Premium times, Leadership, Bellanaija, Stargist, Goal.com and other publishers on www.newspepa.com
Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by 2sex(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2015
EroticAngelina:
lol
Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2015
Buhari is messing up everything in this country, I couldn't place order for my stocks with this astronomical rise in dollar

22 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 03, 2015
EroticAngelina:
speculation is not advisable in this volatile market.

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by bonechamberlain(m): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2015
what kind of country is this naira would rise for two days by 2% and have a continuous fall for weeks and months by 20%. .. truly everyone needs to go their separate way in this useless country.

21 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by PRYCE(m): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2015
Black Market ke? The fact that we black doesn't mean we should patronise it... those aren't official figures!

But Buhari please get your acts right!

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by kodded(m): 8:38am On Aug 03, 2015
undecided

''when i say buhari is a dullard, i mean it''..........el rufai

undecided

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 03, 2015
Una never see anything.

All this change nonsense was just to reanchor our economy back to the dollar.

US portfolio venture capitalists are waiting to swoop in on Nigeria and one of the conditions the white house is pushing is devaluation of the naira so that these western capitalist pigs can scoop much of our country with fewer dollars.

And boy oh boy things are going to get worse because as the dollarization of our economy continues to gather steam, the US stock market has been predicted by several analysts to go bust in the last quarter. The Chinnese stock market is facing probably the greatest recession in history where over $9 trillion has been wiped out. The Chinnese govts is very good at managing crisis that is why we don't hear much of this but US investors in China are not sleeping well. Their next port of call is Africa and Nigeria specifically. Their usually tactic is to poverize the polity then sweep in and buy it out cheaply - classic take over move.

The APC in desperation to wrest power for sake of power only have entered a pact with the devil.

Expect the Naira to further crash to 500 before December.

Change is here.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
speculation is not advisable in this volatile market.

I won't advise on the dollar but it will still be better than the soon to turn toilet paper naira.

If you can buy CFA it will still be more stable than even the Euro.

PvtParts:
We must start buying up forex and dumping the naira.

Once we do this Nigeria's economy will further crash.

Our oil can not suppport them all anymore.

We must use this blessing in disguise to further destroy their economy.

If you earn 100k use 60k and buy forex.

It is time we started using economic terrorism to bring this beast to the ground.

Or what is the need in holding the currency of a Nation that is on its last leg?

Convert your earnings to forex , only hold what you need to survive and pay bills.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 03, 2015
The wall street $500 billion monster Black Stone which is linked to companies like Black Water and with well established links to the CIA has since appointed Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as their VP for Africa.

Blackstone is set to edge the Chinnese out of many bilateral trade relations involving mineral deposits and oil.

Blackstone is looking to take over the power sector in Nigeria.

Recall that Obasanjo rescinded a Chinnese agreement to invest directly in the power and rail sector in 2004 and in place of the Chinnese Obasanjo awarded most of the failed $16billion contracts to revamp the power sector to crooked western companies.

The likes of Obasanjo are western stooges who do what Washington tells them to do. This is why Obasanjo was against Jonathan who wanted to diversify our reserves away from the dollar.

Why will Obasanjo condemn one of the most massive infrastructural developmental projects which is nearly completed in the form of the rail network embarked by GEJ? Well because it involved the Chinnese.

The sooner you fools know that this useless country you live and breathe in is nothing but a modern day slave plantation run by slave foremans then you are one stp towards emancipation.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by keeeem: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2015
This news report is a big lie. I called aboki this morning to buy dollar and what I was told is 225 to buy even though I know it could be lower. He started with 230 before I told him it is not so. He then said I should come with 225/dollar.

Please do your verification before you comment.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2015
keeeem:
This news report is a big lie. I called aboki this morning to buy dollar and what I was told is 225 to buy even though I know it could be lower. He started with 230 before I told him it is not so. He then said I should come with 225/dollar.

225 vs 250?

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by 400billionman: 9:36am On Aug 03, 2015
Haven't the commercial banks stopped accepting dollar into domiciliary accounts?
Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by 400billionman: 9:37am On Aug 03, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Buhari is messing up everything in this country, I couldn't place order for my stocks with this astronomical rise in dollar

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by 400billionman: 9:38am On Aug 03, 2015
keeeem:

I suppose. This is the real heartbeat.. Dollar is falling against Naira..

10 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 03, 2015
400billionman:

I suppose. This is the real heartbeat.. Dollar is falling against Naira..

And why will the dollar fall?

Why should the naira appreciate with lowered forex flows?
Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by omenka(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2015
Lmao.

See how the Wailers all flocked to this thread to celebrate. cheesy

In the thread about the capture of Boko haram commander and the rescue of some captives, they were nowhere to be found.

In the thread about the appreciation of the naira, they were MIA.

In every thread containing good news, you find them scurry back into their dingy holes, only to crawl back out when they sniff the stench of carcass.

Your desires to see Nigeria bogged down with all manner of problems will backfire a million folds. The country will grow stronger, more peaceful, more united, and a lot more prosperous IJN, amen.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by 400billionman: 9:51am On Aug 03, 2015
PvtParts:

And why will the dollar fall?

Why should the naira appreciate with lowered forex flows?

News has it that CBN Restricted the Importation of 41items. Last week commercial banks stopped accepting dollar, euro and pound deposits into domiciliary accounts citing they have excess foreign currency in their system for which CBN pays them no interest income.

Those funds will be channeled to the black market. It is enough reason for Naira to appreciate.

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 03, 2015
This report is different from what's happening in the black market where d naira has been appreciating.

Over d weekend, the naira traded around N215 to the dollar. The Tribune of today even reports N208. The dollar is also set to tumble more!

So where did this report get its own 'facts' from? Lies upon lies! This kind of sponsored lies should be investigated by the Nigerian Press Council!

Whose interest does this fake news serve?

Abi na black market people sponsor am?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2015
There are many factors to this that any lame man wouldn't know

Y'all just be shouting buhari
It doesn't take a day to revive a nation like ours
Abeg let the man be

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by otokx(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2015
This looks like a big lie from the pit of hell.

9 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by fyneguy: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2015
Lie!...Dollar is less than N210 now

10 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by MyMouth(m): 10:57am On Aug 03, 2015
What the foolish wailer op did was to bring up old news and make it look like new! I jus bought at 220/ dollar at the black market this morning!

8 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Naira Falls N250 To Dollar - Daily Times by alaoeri: 10:59am On Aug 03, 2015
keeeem:

Don't mind those never do well ppl cooking up fake news, as at friday i bought $1000 for #230,000 how will that jump to 250 today considering Saturday & Sunday as off days?
If naira rises its the work of CBN governor but if reverse is the case they will blame PMB, wailing wailers are pathetic.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3)

Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit 3-year High At $33.112 Billion / BUA, Lummus Sign Contract For The Construction Of 285,000tpa Polypropylene Unit / Who Knows About Revenuevault.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.