Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,487 members, 7,781,459 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:46 PM

It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. (1780 Views)

Homosexuality: An Abomination / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay / "Selfie" Are An Abomination In The Eyes Of The Lord. POPE FRANCIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by uchkochi(m): 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
ONCE YOU ARE DIVORCED AND YOUR SPOUSE IS STILL ALIVE, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO MARRY AGAIN EXCEPT THAT SPOUSE DIES. If you re-marry, you are only living in adultery and no matter what you do for God, on the last day you will still go to hell.

This is the truth, You can divorce your wife or husband for certain reasons especially infidelity, but can you remain single all your life? Especially after you have tested the bliss in marriage? MATTHEW CHAPTER 19:3-9. So you must apply wisdom and make things work, divorce is never an option.

It is better not to be married than to be married to a bad wife or a bad husband. The bible says it is better to stay on top of the roof of a house than with a nagging woman. That is why God must be involved in choosing your life partner, not all that glitters is gold, God knows your life till forever, He can see the end, so let Him be involved. Yes you have the responsibility to find, but you are to find God's choice for you, that is to recognise her. If it is God that gave you that partner and it becomes bad tomorrow, you can meet Him to fix it in prayers. Proverbs 18:22. Romans chapter. 7.

The reason why God is against divorce is this; In marriage, the man and the woman are one flesh, being one Flesh, is ONE BODY. And that union cannot be broken by divorce, it can only be separated by death. Genesis 2:24.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by ifeoluwasegun(m): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
Personal opinions!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Young03(m): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by kossyablaze(m): 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ok o

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Delusiongirl20(f): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
It can't be so. If relationship with my spouse went soar and we divorced, why mustn't i remarry?

Whatever the bible said concerning that, an intelligent person shouldn't give a damn about it, especially anything that got to do with personal happiness.
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Tallesty1(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
Delusiongirl20:
It can't be so. If relationship with my spouse went soar and we divorced, why mustn't i remarry?

Whatever the bible said concerning that, an intelligent person shouldn't give a damn about it, especially anything that got to do with personal happiness.
Hope you know that killing gives shekau personal happiness??

Intelligent people pay attention to what the scripture says, believe me, there will be no divorce if we adhere to what the scripture says about marriage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Ovacoma: 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
Truth is always true, very bitter though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Delusiongirl20(f): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
Hope you know that killing gives shekau personal happiness??

Intelligent people pay attention to what the scripture says, believe me, there will be no divorce if we adhere to what the scripture says about marriage

First of all, i never said that in the pursuit of ones happiness, one ought to discomfort, harm or kill others. For instance, if am a divorcee and there is need for a man by my side, i will not start killing people to fulfill that urge, i will rather remarry to stabilize my emotional need.

Sincerely, it is nearly impossible, that why thousands of those said believers are violating or are not adhering to what the scripture said. Especially a situation where one of the spouse continued doing things that the other don't like, and having being warning him or her to stop. For instance, i may not like a binge drinker, despite all warnings from me, our friends, parents etc and he continued, why mustn't i get rid of him, then remarry,
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
Delusiongirl20:

Your monicker
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
But God would not allow His children live in unrepentant sin. Even if they rebel for long, they would still come around! Nothing like hell for the saved child of God!

Divorce and getting married again is wrong. And also saying a genuine Christian who is guilty of this would go to hell, is completely false. It is not biblical.

1 Like

Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Delusiongirl20(f): 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
An2elect2:

Your monicker

What happened to that.
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
Delusiongirl20:

What happened to that.
It says a lot.
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Delusiongirl20(f): 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
An2elect2:

It says a lot.

About what?
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
Delusiongirl20:

About what?
you
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Delusiongirl20(f): 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
An2elect2:

you

What did i do?
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Delusiongirl20:

What did i do?
u are bored undecided
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Delusiongirl20(f): 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
An2elect2:

u are bored undecided

Making no sense sis.

Stop quoting me.
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
Delusiongirl20:

Making no sense sis.
Stop quoting me.
am not a sis
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Delusiongirl20(f): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
An2elect2:

am not a sis

Stop
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
uchkochi:
ONCE YOU ARE DIVORCED AND YOUR SPOUSE IS STILL ALIVE, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO MARRY AGAIN EXCEPT THAT SPOUSE DIES. If you re-marry, you are only living in adultery and no matter what you do for God, on the last day you will still go to hell.

This is the truth, You can divorce your wife or husband for certain reasons especially infidelity, but can you remain single all your life? Especially after you have tested the bliss in marriage? MATTHEW CHAPTER 19:3-9. So you must apply wisdom and make things work, divorce is never an option.

It is better not to be married than to be married to a bad wife or a bad husband. The bible says it is better to stay on top of the roof of a house than with a nagging woman. That is why God must be involved in choosing your life partner, not all that glitters is gold, God knows your life till forever, He can see the end, so let Him be involved. Yes you have the responsibility to find, but you are to find God's choice for you, that is to recognise her. If it is God that gave you that partner and it becomes bad tomorrow, you can meet Him to fix it in prayers. Proverbs 18:22. Romans chapter. 7.

The reason why God is against divorce is this; In marriage, the man and the woman are one flesh, being one Flesh, is ONE BODY. And that union cannot be broken by divorce, it can only be separated by death. Genesis 2:24.
Your article reflects the truth on marriage and remarriage but I beg to differ on one ground--sexual sin.However our lord made an exception.Matthew 19:9 And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful."sexual sin unlike any other sin affects God's temple which is our body.so remarriage is permitted only on that ground
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Anomnity: 8:00am On Aug 04, 2015
An2elect2:

am not a sis

Very clear that you both are not female.
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by misreal(m): 8:21am On Aug 04, 2015
An2elect2:
But God would not allow His children live in unrepentant sin. Even if they rebel for long, they would still come around! Nothing like hell for the saved child of God!

Divorce and getting married again is wrong. And also saying a genuine Christian who is guilty of this would go to hell, is completely false. It is not biblical.
a saved person cannot go to hell?hahahahahaha....my dear,can you just listen to yourself talk..
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by misreal(m): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2015
tyuhd:

Your article reflects the truth on marriage and remarriage but I beg to differ on one ground--sexual sin.However our lord made an exception.Matthew 19:9 And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful."sexual sin unlike any other sin affects God's temple which is our body.so remarriage is permitted only on that ground
it is only sexual sin that breaks asunder the bond of marriage,but the bitter truth is,no one is allowed to get married again after divorce..
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2015
Anomnity:

Very clear that you both are not female.
well am female but am not her sis.
And whatever u think, amounts to 0.00
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 8:28am On Aug 04, 2015
misreal:
a saved person cannot go to hell?hahahahahaha....my dear,can you just listen to yourself talk..
yes i can and i am right
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 04, 2015
misreal:
it is only sexual sin that breaks asunder the bond of marriage,but the bitter truth is,no one is allowed to get married again after divorce..
Bros,NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED AGAIN ON ANY OTHER GROUNDS BESIDES ADULTERY that is the whole point Christ Jesus was driving at.we must always stick to the truth of God's word and not adopt a'pharasaical' rending and application of God's word to our lives.besides we can't be holier than Christ who permitted it.
it seems u didn't understand the verse i just quoted,lemme quote it again.Matthew 19:9 And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—UNLESS his wife has been unfaithful.”.
Let me paraphrase this verse and tell me if this paraphrase is wrong
Whoever marries someone else UNLESS his wife commits adultery is also guilty of adultery
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2015
An2elect2:

you
sister are u calvanist or do u know anything about calvinism?
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by misreal(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2015
An2elect2:

yes i can and i am right
you are wrong dear.
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by misreal(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2015
tyuhd:

Bros,NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED AGAIN ON ANY OTHER GROUNDS BESIDES ADULTERY that is the whole point Christ Jesus was driving at.we must always stick to the truth of God's word and not adopt a'pharasaical' rending and application of God's word to our lives.besides we can't be holier than Christ who permitted it.
it seems u didn't understand the verse i just quoted,lemme quote it again.Matthew 19:9 And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—UNLESS his wife has been unfaithful.”.
Let me paraphrase this verse and tell me if this paraphrase is wrong
Whoever marries someone else UNLESS his wife commits adultery is also guilty of adultery
OK oh..I don hear.
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
tyuhd:

sister are u calvanist or do u know anything about calvinism?

No dear but i know about Calvinism. Are u a Calvinist?
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by sorextee(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
The Bible says "it's not good for a man to be alone "... when u divorce, u will be alone..... u guys know the rest..
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
An2elect2:

No dear but i know about Calvinism. Are u a Calvinist?
I'm a 3 point calvanist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 1st Hijra In Islam History Was From Mecca To Ethiopia / How To Conquer Controlling Powers / Dreamt About Floating In The Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.