Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) (31521 Views)

How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) / Memory Cards (SD) Not Detected On Mobile Phones Solved / How To Test For Fake SD Card Or USB Flash Drives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by dammybas(m): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
Several times, I've had crazy and sometimes hilarious experiences of buying an 8gb memory card to discover it can not take more than 250mb worth of files or that its really a "cloned" 2Gb SD card. This has been a major theme with other buyers in the Nigerian Market. Its time we are all made aware of easy ways we can identify such fake SD cards so as not to fall victims.

Sometimes, its as easy as looking at the SD card. Most times, fake SD cards have vital information missing on them. But these days, you can hardly tell because manufacturers of these fake cards have also grown smarter. Luckily, there are two applications which you can easily use to detect such fake SD cards:

1. SD Card Insight (An android app)
2. H2Testw (A free PC tool)

METHOD 1: SD Card Insight
SD card insight is a mobile application that helps you get "insights" on the SD card. It displays the Manufacturer's details, original size etc of your SD card in an instant. It is a free, fast and easy to use application. All you have to do is insert your SD card in your phone and in an instant, it displays vital information about your device like Name of manufacturer, date of manufacture, product name, serial number etc. The application can also view the validation of the SD card against its class rating (Class 2,4,6 and 10) for the minimum data transfer rate. You can download SD card insight from Google Play store or Alternative Mirror Link.

METHOD 2: H2testw

H2testw is a free PC tool which can be used not only to detect fake SD cards but also fake USB drives. You can even check your USB flash drive for errors by filling it with test data while it verifies it. It is a must have tool if you own a PC.

With these two tools, you should definitely not fall victim to fake SD card peddlers. You are now smarter. The following images below show you how to identify fake SD cards at a glance (though this may not be 100% effective), so you don't even have to look twice at that fake SD card.

http://dammybas..com/2015/08/how-to-detect-fake-sd-cardsmemory-cards.html

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by INTROVERT(f): 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
insightful....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by alonzoiv(m): 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
Very true. MODIFIED. Yippee!!!!!!! I made STC (2nd to comment) for the 1st time. Any STC after INTROVERT is FTC. But i feel no different from other times. May God bless all those who like this comment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by ishiamu(m): 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
undecided kiss
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by boman2014: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
TRUE ! GOOD INFO

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by BurnaKing21: 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
I'm yet 2 find an original M.CARD.....nice info sha..itz gonna help
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by Whizzcute(m): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
nice info..

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by frinx: 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
Good
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by fatdon2(m): 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
That means i have been using fake all this while. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by jom28gy(m): 10:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
where do you get it?
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by sennyaca(m): 12:17am On Aug 04, 2015
Move to front page Pls and let's spoil the market for all those fake sd card sellers

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by willian10: 12:51am On Aug 04, 2015
Testin mode
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by wheesin(m): 2:17am On Aug 04, 2015
undecided
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by SporaD8: 3:12am On Aug 04, 2015
Aba boys are not smiling! Nice one op.
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by Willizano(m): 3:43am On Aug 04, 2015
Chaiii omo see cause trouble,kasala don burst 4 all fake mem card dealer..........Thankz OP 4 lettin dat info out
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by muaa(f): 5:22am On Aug 04, 2015
Thanks Jare. I don buy fake taya

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by rapthugx(m): 6:05am On Aug 04, 2015
Fake things everywhere. undecided
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 04, 2015
No wonder my phone keeps shouting "memory full " despite na just two songs dey inside 8GIG memory

Aba boys,which level?

9 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by chimajii: 6:28am On Aug 04, 2015
ishiamu:
undecided kiss

Sorry! Do u knw d meaning of ur name undecided? Choi! Nairalanders dey answer anything these days ha!

8 Likes

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by chimajii: 6:32am On Aug 04, 2015
Good
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by fatyleemarx(m): 8:12am On Aug 04, 2015
Thanks.
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:57am On Aug 04, 2015
I'm not trying to spoil a product but I think Sandisk has the most counterfeited memory cards in the Nigerian market so I've just decided to stop buying Sandisk mmc altogether.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by Chimezie250(m): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2015
OgidiOlu3:
I'm not trying to spoil a product but I think Sandisk has the most counterfeited memory cards in the Nigerian market so I've just decided to stop buying Sandisk mmc altogether.
you just said the truth ,I bought one from jumia still same problem

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by youngsahito(m): 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
Baba, u make sense...Gbayi!!!
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by jiggar(m): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
OgidiOlu3:
I don't think, you are spoiling any product name. It's just that, people tend to give a bad tag to the good name and creative efforts of others, by using their brand name for nefarious activities. And unfortunately, Sandisk has been affected too many times,with all these evil people using their name, in producing fake and substandard memory cards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by Youpele52: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
Whoa

Only the geniuses on nairaland can interpret this art https://www.nairaland.com/2501343/only-smart-ones-amongst-us
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by Fulaboy(m): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Very informative.

Lalasticlala front page please
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by Opinedecandid(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
Itz okay.
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by youngice(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
Well most phones newer phones don't come with any avenue for sd card
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by NotNairalandi(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
Wetin this op de yarn sef? grin
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by donholy28(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
many people no get time to check this sef but nice info
Re: How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) by sanc2s(f): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
As long as it will store my things for me for sometime, I dnt care

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Kitkat, Lollipop, Jellybean, Marshmallow? / Price Of Tecno Camon CX Air In Nigeria And Other Africa Countries / Nokia To Change Name To 'Microsoft Lumia'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.