Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,160 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

[story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / [story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 1 (7785 Views)

[story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 14 FINAL PART / [story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 6 / [story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 1 by mrPortable1: 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
iTS STORY TIME WITH Www.ProudlyNation.Com.Ng

A Story written by Dan Chucks (Danchucks@gmail.com)

A new Form Teacher’s earliest observations in her focus-classroom includes a good-looking young student, Stanley. While she does not intend to make an ocean out of less than two drops of what was an obvious crush between them, she still fights with the lust that has come with the attraction. How well can she cope with the young boy’s apparent attention, while still being the ‘teacher’?

As I read out loudly from the Home Economics textbook in my hand with both my eyes steadily fixed on it, I could feel Stanley’s gaze firmly on me as always! I dutifully read through the texts, line after line as I earnestly sought to round up the ‘Sewing and Stitching’ topic we had been treating for the past four classes already. Expectedly, each time I momentarily looked up from the textbook, I would comfortably catch the young boy’s eyes on me! But ironically, I was always the one who would look away – consequently returning my eyes to the textbook with several thoughts running through my head! While I had put in a lot to sound as audible and clear as possible, it was still remotely obvious that I wasn’t very firm in how I was reading.

I was occasionally lost along the line, mixing different words from different lines of the texts after what usually looked like a momentarily lapse in concentration. On one or two occasions, the students have had to bring me back to where I was required to be, and sometimes even attempting to continue the reading themselves. Of course, I had always refused, regaining control at once and pushing forward with the reading. All I had always needed them to do was to look into their own textbooks as I read, following me at my pace and taking note of important aspects of the texts. While a great number of students were doing this with little or no problems, Stanley Ovuarokpe wasn’t in anyway doing so. He had chosen to keep starring instead – to keep starring at me, as I read from my own text!
My name is Ms. Daniela Chucks, and I was just recently made the Form Teacher to Stanley’s class – S.S. 2D. Before I was given that role, I hadn’t had anything to do with the class and was just handling S.S 2A and 2C in Home Economics, my only primary class subject of interest since I joined the school. It was just after I was selected to replace the teacher who used to be the Form Teacher to S.S 2D, that I was also told that I should replace S.S. 2C with S.S. 2D on my class teaching roaster. I now started handling Stanley’s class on Home Economics while also doubling as their Form Teacher. Sincerely it was an entirely new horizon for me. I didn’t exactly understand the entire roles of a Form Teacher until I effectively became one. The demands and expectations of the position where usually high, with your students completely looking up to you as their only voice before the school authority. They were usually very quick to complain to you about their academic problems, seeking for your advice when they have tight knots between themselves and certain teachers. There overall interests were to be protected by you and it wasn’t just about academics only. In fact being essentially a boarding school meant that other matters with regards to personal growth and development would occasionally be brought forward to you by the students. While it is mostly the girls who do bother to do so as the guys definitely find it awkward bringing private boy-discussions to me, I still have learnt to be prepared for whatever case it ever turned out to be. I was determined to be the complete Form Teacher and that was one of the first promises I made the class on the day I was introduced to them for the first time. That was the same day, I first lay my eyes on Stanley!
Stanley was comfortably the most handsome boy I had ever seen within the school. And to make it even more beautiful, I soon learnt he was the overall best student among all S.S 2 classes! He never failed coming first at the end of each term, making him overwhelmingly popular within the school.

How I hadn’t known him yet before I became his Form Teacher, was something I couldn’t understand. After all, my housemate, Chiamaka comfortably recognized him the day I briefly talked about him back home and even described him as ‘very handsome’. Sounding consistent with what I had already known about the young boy. On becoming his Form Teacher, I had gotten access to his academic and bio records. That was how I knew he was from the South-south and was only just 16. Which was something that did stun me further. From what I had seen so far, he always looked bolder and more confident than a 16 year old and that was partly what caught my attention on the very day I noticed him for the first time. He was seated somewhere in the middle of the class and among all the many heads and eyes of students, his beautifully bulgy eyes, distinctly shown through. They were firmly fixed on me as the Vice Principal introduced me to his class. Even when I eventually began speaking, I noticed how he also stared, following my every movement as I talked. Of course, he wasn’t the only one looking at me, but it was easy to spot the difference in the manner with which he looked at me. I could feel a definite attraction and interest and when I inevitably met his eyes, I instantly felt this unusual shiver run through my body, causing me to quickly look elsewhere! Before I could effectively finish my supposed stand-up address, I had more or less taken a mental picture of who he was. Maybe it was easy because of his striking comeliness or worse still, because I equally felt an attraction towards him on my part too; however strange!

WATCH OUT FOR PART 2 READ IT HERE:- http://proudlynation.com.ng/2015/07/story-the-new-form-teacherrated-18part-2/

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Day & Night (Fantasy) / Light And Darkness (new Book From Me To Nairalanders) / An Open Sent-off Letter To 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.