Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,800 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) (206521 Views)

Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations / EDOLAND Teach Me Edo With English Translations...Emwen Edo Na Zedu Ere Y'ebo / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses (with Direct English Translations) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 04, 2015
goodgate:
Yeh, chowlade, please forgive me ohh, if i've wronged you, do not take up my case. Thanks.

grin grin grin grin..... u be dey toast her cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by mapet: 9:56am On Aug 04, 2015
godson36:
ITSAWRAPP:
hehehehehhe grin
What about MADARIKAN?
Somebody help with the english translation cheesy

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below

Madarikan --- I can only explain..... I don't know how to put it down in English...

This charm is use for protection against all bad and evil people.... If you do this charm and someone curse you, the curse will go back to that person....

Any evil thing done to you will go back to the person that is doing it....

The downside is that even if someone wishes you good, Madarikan will ward it off and return it to the sender......... grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by sunsplash99(m): 9:56am On Aug 04, 2015
I think no 3 would be useful for some HR in most organisations.
And no 15 for the nairaland girls.
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by mapet: 9:57am On Aug 04, 2015
omojeesu:

Great stuff!
But let's compare these with this:

Matthew 5:43 YE HAVE HEARD THAT it hath been said, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR, AND HATE THINE ENEMY.

Matthew 5:44 BUT I SAY UNTO YOU, LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, BLESS THEM that curse you, DO GOOD to them that hate you, and PRAY FOR THEM which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for HE MAKETH HIS SUN to RISE ON the EVIL and on the GOOD, and sendeth rain on the JUST and on the UNJUST.

IF YOU LOVE YOU DON'T NEED TO INFUENCE AND USE REMOTE CONTROL ON ANOTHER BY EVIL POWER NOR DO HARM, EVEN TO YOUR ENEMY.

GOD IS LOVE AND WE SHOULD LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

Jesus is LORD!

Claps! Claps!! Claps!!!

This is classic strategy to share the gospel

2 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by vislabraye(m): 9:57am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:

My grandfather was Babalawo, he died April of this year... cry. he thought me alot of things like this

pls reduce the font size. u r occupying alot of space

shocked . Person no fit do anyhow with you .
The kind legacy ur grand papa leave you with na wa O.

But wetin surprise me be say with all these juju, oyibo still colonise us

5 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:57am On Aug 04, 2015
kellyvoski12b:
What is the moral of this post?? angry sad

Metaphysical still exists.

Children of God have to be more prayerful. Devil is not resting sad

Anyway, my hairs are numbered, one can't just get missing without God knowing about it cool
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by semitunde: 9:59am On Aug 04, 2015
TonySpike:
I am most intrigued by inventions of "Kanako" and "ofe" by our forefathers. These two charms would make Harry potter and his minions jealous of African science. As a scientist, "Kanako" is a called road shortener, actually it should be called "space-time manipulator". How were our fathers able to develop these potent charms that rubbishes modern physics law of relativity? Ofe is simply a simpler form of "space-time manipulations", in those days, "ofe" was only invoked when in danger.

Now, my thoughts:
1. Could our forefathers have used Kanako to travel from one point to another while migrating?

On a softer note, there existed a form of Kanako in Igbo culture. With Kanako, you could travel from Lagos to Kano in a matter of seconds!

Maybe gatiano can have a few explanations on this...
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 04, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Aworo...this chrm is used to draw people to you business..fke pastos use it and some of this wicked food selles use it..tke heed. Mayehun........use to make you not reject ny thing ask from you by the user,vey potent,419 and fraudsters use this a lot. Iruju or isiju....used to confuse someone so he or she cnnot deceipher whts actully going on....will update latter wen I remember the rest
Hmmm Aworo

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by neocortex: 10:00am On Aug 04, 2015
Chowlade, I throway salute!

I no wan talk my mind , so you no go use afose and his
likes to reply me grin

I hope your boyfriend is also knowledgeable , otherwise ....
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by mapet: 10:00am On Aug 04, 2015
fpeter:

Chascop: :
THE WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE ARE CANRNAL BUT MIGHTY THROUGH GOD TO PULLING DOWN THE STRONG HOLDS..........

IF YOU MUST QUOTE THE BIBLE, THEN AT LEAST TRY TO STUDY IT SO YOU CAN QUOTE IT CORRECTLY.

2CORINTHIANS 10:4[b] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink[/b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by tenry(m): 10:01am On Aug 04, 2015
Hawlahscho:

EGBEJI
Thanks jare
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by mapet: 10:02am On Aug 04, 2015
twosquare:

TonySpike:
:
I am most intrigued by inventions of "Kanako" and "ofe" by our forefathers. These two charms would make Harry potter and his minions jealous of African science. As a scientist, "Kanako" is a called road shortener, actually it should be called "space-time manipulator". How were our fathers able to develop these potent charms that rubbishes modern physics law of relativity? Ofe is simply a simpler form of "space-time manipulations", in those days, "ofe" was only invoked when in danger.

Now, my thoughts:
1. Could our forefathers have used Kanako to travel from one point to another while migrating?

On a softer note, there existed a form of Kanako in Igbo culture. With Kanako, you could travel from Lagos to Kano in a matter of seconds!
I like your thoughts on road shortener, but their is always a price to pay for Kanako, especially. It is often used on urgent matters, dire situation and when you are running out of time to save an important situation. When you use it, your spirit will still come back and walk that same distance in the middle of the night.

.or it takes you to a dangerous and unexpected destination, on top of a tree, in the middle of wild forest or inside water and you cannot swim....

2 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2015
cucumba:
Well none of these is Biblical and they don't affect people in Christ Jesus.All power belongs to God. Don't be decieved, what so ever a man sows he reaps.

You said it all in simple term.
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by soleexx(m): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2015
OP is it possible for Egbe charm to help you get to UK or france?
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by mapet: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2015
stoicism:

chowlade: :
21.Ifunra (Charm to suspect) it reveals future event before it happens. Anyone can use Ifubra, Ifunra is mostly used by politicians to protect themselves from devastating occurence to come in Minute, days e.t.c
Also can be used by Prophet in prophesying
Still thinking of some more however, you can remind me and add yours if you have any grin

Cc:Lalasticlala, Ishilove please help me do the needful. i no use afose o (with humility) grin
I beg....after looking at your pic ma, na that no 15 na im I want to use on YOU

O boy! I pity you, you wan use a charm on the original owner? O fe soda....

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:
21.Ifunra (Charm to suspect) it reveals future event before it happens. Anyone can use Ifunra, Ifunra is mostly used by politicians to protect themselves from devastating occurence to come in Minute, days e.t.c
Also can be used by Prophet in prophesying
Still thinking of some more however, you can remind me and add yours if you have any grin

Cc:Lalasticlala, Ishilove please help me do the needful. i no use afose o (with humility) grin

Are u born again now, cos the smile is looking pure. Lol.
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Ahmeduana(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:
1.Ijaya
(To Frighten). A charm used in frightening an adversary or an antagonist in a place of work, school e.t.c or is there anyone you want to take advantage of that you want him/her to keep mute while you express your opinion and explore every good things to your advantage. Ijaya will do it all. it causes overwhelming fear unreasonably to human and animals.

2.Eru
(Fear) if you place someone on "Eru" he or she will be afraid of you for life when around your vicinity

3.Mayehun (Refuse me not) it is used when you want a person to grant your request after a command is made) could be used in wooing a lady, request money from people, Miser, tight-fisted friend or wealthy man. There is a simple incantation that goes with some Mayehun formulas:

"In Yoruba Language; Orun Lo ngba towo omode Orun Lo ngba towo agba " x5

Translation: "Sleep takes from the young Sleep takes from the old Part of the preparation goes thus. You put a cowry (cowrie shell) in each hand when going to sleep . The following morning it would have dropped from your hands. Pick them up and pound them (to powder) with the herbs"

4.Afose
(To Speak and come to pass or Speak and happen) is a quite advance form of Ase. it is usually prepared with black soap
and put inside an Animal's horn e.g Cow's, Antelope's, Cow' e.t.c
Whenever Afose is Spoken with happens immediately or later in the future depending on the potency of the charm or the nature
of the issue the Afose is addressing.

Yoruba forefathers possessed some Afose to address nature elements such as rain, fire, outbreak e.t.c and on the negative size to curse(Epe)
I personally had one that i use to stop a car from starting also have seen one that is use to dry up a very big tree in three days.
The tree was cursed with that Afose
with Afose you could place a curse on somone or any Object be it animated or Non.

5.Gbetugbetu
This is more of a hypnotizing charm. The person under the spell doesn't really know what he is doing. It is used in compelling people to do the most impossible things. Things they would naturally not do or refuse to do. It is somewhat difficult to prepare but there are some simple formulas too, however they also vary in degree of potency. The powerful ones that I know has in it as part of its ingredients the rope that a man hanged himself with. To illustrate its power I would narrate an incident that happened which was manipulated by the use of Gbetugbetu. A friend once used it to call a stubborn but pretty lady into his room. (Normally she would have shunned him right off.) When she got inside he commanded her to strip, which she instantly did, but he didn't touch her. 3 days later the girl came to her senses, she confronted my friend and an argument broke out. It was settled but after that incident the girl avoided my friend from then onwards. Moral of story -- You don't play such jokes 'cos you've got the power. Our forefathers used it when they were attacked by a gang of thieves; they just commanded them to fight (each other) or hand over their weapons

6.Olugbohun
The "sound picker." It is believed to be a powerful spirit that picks whatever is said and makes it happen, if not immediately very soon. (Even if u mistakenly curse your children out of frustration.) Now this is not a genie that will drop things physically in front of you, like food, wine and a flying carpet. However it will create a situation that will cause your request to be met. It is not kept in the house but far away in the bush and its consulted only once in a while.

7.Ase
(To command Power and authority) it has the ability to make whatever Statement you make to come to pass or happen or ability to compel anything to compel to your will which include Animated and inanimated object)

By Chowlade
OMO MAMA E MA JINA SILE OTA PO OH

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by babyfaceafrica: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:

Hmmm Aworo
do you now how to mke it?...lol.....there is also anabo...use by wicked people by spending. A charmed money that will return back to the latter...and OP please remind me of that jass that. People use to change there face and ppearance in the dream when they want to do bad..this is so as to concel themselves and implicate anoda person
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by solidifi: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade,
So by 1:35am as people were enjoying their sleep, you were busy typing juju names?
You better have a change of mind.

If you are not married yet, with this I don't think anybody will marry you.
better prepare to marry your juju.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by jantavanta(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2015
My concern is for the ingredients used in making these charms. Does any one of them require human life? Animal parts? #TeamVegan.
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by neocortex: 10:06am On Aug 04, 2015
gassdon:
If you are truly child of God, this charms will never work on you.

With the blood of Jesus, it will return back to the sender in Jesus name.

Amen.

For God is great than the greatest including any form of juju/charm.

Please do not patronize this guy is just looking for members in evil doing.

I pity you , don't dare(deja) or you face the consequences grin
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:07am On Aug 04, 2015
njays24:
Yes o! My father was not a herbalist,but he was neither a Christian nor a Muslim. He believed in our traditional religion. When armed robbers visited us so many years back'my father faced these criminals,they shot at my father about nine times,but the bullets kept bouncing back,you won't belive how shocked we were,from then I fear my papa o! [b]He used that same protection charms on us.[\b] But he later became a Christian.

Where are you right nowundecided @ least I gat to test some things on you before I believeundecided
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Ahmeduana(m): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2015
sainty2k3:

U this lady, how come u know all this things, what stuffs have u been doing cheesy
PROBABLY SHE MUST HAVE READ YORUBA LINGUISTIC OR LITERATURE!
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by mapet: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2015
solidifi:
chowlade,
So by 1:35am as people were enjoying their sleep, you were busy typing juju names?
You better have a change of mind.

If you are not married yet, with this I don't think anybody will marry you.
better prepare to marry your juju.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by ifihearam: 10:09am On Aug 04, 2015
And the OP/devil will not reveal the repercussion of this evil acts. Note nothing comes free from the devil.
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by derecho(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2015
jantavanta:
I am aware that Pastors use these charms to gather followers and display "miracles".

Europeans never saw "miracles", that we claim to be doing.
Wetin Pastors do una again?
BTW,if these charms are so potent many of these powers will not be outsourced to those "Pastors "those babalawo too will come to cities,establish "churches" and become babaOLOWO instead of always boasting of those beggarly powers.
When these people met the likes of Ayo Babalola,wetin dem do?Just because pple meet disco-dancing churchgoers they think those are Christians.

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2015
leahcimzil:

loooL stupid lying girl giving US that cock and bull bout her late grandpa. lie lie go kill yu

lol

No dey curse again Bro, may the ones you've said come to pass. grin
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by kobe79: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:

D site got it frm somewhere

credit where u got it from plagiarism is not only criminal it is also evil.
STOP FORMING BABALAWO THAT YOU ARE NOT
so ur life doesn't end up wretched like them. All in the name of front page be careful wat u call YOURSELF

and some mod moved this without a source msthewwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by arabaribiti(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2015
Agbosa one cult guy was using this in my sch when he shot a gun anybody that hear it must run but na kill then kill na
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by jantavanta(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2015
Some people use these charms to procure govt contracts that may end up as an abondoned project.

In our being bounty - hunted into "modernity" we have not negotiated our transformation, developing what we uniquely have, to get what we want.
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Ahmeduana(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2015
Vanquay:
Yo Chowlade I'm really happy for you and imma letchu finish BUT for all I care your Herbalists can go Suck Mohammed's D*** undecided
YOU NO FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE BA?
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by MrPresident1: 10:13am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:

7.Ase
(To command Power and authority) it has the ability to make whatever Statement you make to come to pass or happen or ability to compel anything to compel to your will which include Animated and inanimated object)

By Chowlade

Dem don use Ase to command Ishilove and Lalasticlala to carry this thread go front page grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Benin Art And Architecture / HAUSALAND: Teach Me Hausa / The Culture Lounge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.