Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) (11789 Views)

I Need Advice On The Estimated Cost Of This Duplex Please! / Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow / What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
Good afternoon dear Nairalanders. My uncle in US wants to build a duplex in my village in Ebonyi State. He has a land already. No work has been done on the land so far. He believes so much in me to the extent that he has asked me to handle the entire work from start to finish. I don't intend betraying this trust for whatever reason either through price hike or other underground activities. In fact, my uncle is also a proud Nairalander, so he is aware of this thread. grin grin

I recently was going through some buildings online, I stumbled on the one attached below with that staircase inside. It is a building in India. You can see their website pasted to the building. I sent it to him and he loves the building with passion. The only issue with the house is that we don't know what the roof top is made of and if it can stand the test of time! Pls can someone help explain the roof top? Or should we use the normal Nigerian roofing (zinc) while maintaining every other thing about the building?

Here are what my uncle wants with this same plan/ design, materials (most likely) and colours.

TOP FLOOR
1. 3 bedrooms (2 plus the masters bedroom, all with modern toilet/bathroom gadgets). Each bedroom will come with big wardrobe that can accommodate other valuables other than clothings alone.
2. A sitting/living room (palour).
3. A reading/study room
4. Gym/fitness room

DOWN FLOOR
1. One bedroom (visitors room with ensuit modern toilet/bathroom)
2. Main Sitting/Living room (palour)
3. Visitors Lounge
4. Store
5. Kitchen
6. Dining
7. Guest toilet
8. Inbuilt swimming pool at the back end of the building as attached below. The person outside must not see the pool

COMPOUND SURROUNDING
1. Overhead water borehole (with 2 big GP tanks)
2. Mini bush bar
3. Side car park (3 to 4 cars) by the side of the building not the compound
4. Interlocked compound
5. Well patterned flower lawns and trees within the entire compound
6. Play ground (kids and basketball)
7. Enough space for about 10 to 15 cars in case of meeting/function
8. Tall fence and good quality gate with a selfcon security house

PS: [/b]The house will still come with the small fence around it but with a well structured sizeable water fountain (like the one attached without causing any flooding or nuisance) in front of the house where that car is parked inside.

[b]NB:
Any Nairalander giving a complete breakdown of costs and materials should also include his pay (as the contractor/supervisor). He should also estimate the completion time in months (assuming all the money needed was available). Only authentic materials will be used. No substandard materials will be used and no improvisation.

The Nairalander with the most comprehensive information (exactly this design, may be or not with a slight change of the roof top as earlier stated, most suitable materials and costs estimates) will be contracted to handle this work.

Best of Luck!

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
What Do You Mean?
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by snakebeat: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
Na invitation for tender be this o...
Let the bidding commence.... cheesy
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by fendorf(m): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
Contact us for your Granite and sharpsand. 07064696356
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by obua: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
Funny
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by vicmoore(m): 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
1st get an architect to perfect the design wit adequate regulations then set out for a QS either...

U can check our profile https://www.nairaland.com/1972824/building-plans-taste

My regards
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 12:34am On Aug 05, 2015
vicmoore:

1st get an architect to perfect the design wit adequate regulations then set out for a QS either...

U can check our profile https://www.nairaland.com/1972824/building-plans-taste

My regards

Hello Mr Victor, I have gone through your link and you have nice collections. Pls what do you mean when you say I should first get an architect to perfect the design with adequate regulations then set out for a QS either?

Pls note the following:
1. The first thing we want to achieve is someone who can design exactly that building going by our taste/quality
2. As a professional in this field, what type of roofing is that? Can it stand the test of time or do you advise we modify it?
3. Any other vital information from you as a building expert?
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 05, 2015
Following.. Check my signature. Eperts are coming in.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 1:07am On Aug 05, 2015
adeekiti:
Following.. Check my signature. Eperts are coming in.

Noted sir

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by HVILLE: 1:33am On Aug 05, 2015
Building a house can be easy and hard depend on the process followed. Lot of technical support is needed has this very early stage, stage 1,,,arc drawing and structural drawing,mechanical and electrical drawing,
Stage 2, soil test, most time is the soil test report that we use in structural drawing that helps to know the can of Foundation and other structure details needed
When all this are in place we can now talk of money what is total cost of construction. You can call me if you want for more details, 08056887674 staybless
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 1:44am On Aug 05, 2015
HVILLE:
Building a house can be easy and hard depend on the process followed. Lot of technical support is needed has this very early stage, stage 1,,,arc drawing and structural drawing,mechanical and electrical drawing,
Stage 2, soil test, most time is the soil test report that we use in structural drawing that helps to know the can of Foundation and other structure details needed
When all this are in place we can now talk of money what is total cost of construction. You can call me if you want for more details, 08056887674 staybless

Thanks for your contribution. Can't you make do with the information provided above? Isn't it that sufficient?
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 05, 2015
WhatDoYouMean:

Thanks for your contribution. Can't you make do with the information provided above? Isn't it that sufficient?

Any competent builder should be able to give you an idea but welcome to Nairaland where artisans don't know about ranges and wants you to call them.

Someone should be able to say that I can build this house for N20 - N30 IF the soil and land is standard.

If I were building this house there's only one builder I would consider but I doubt that he builds outside of Lagos.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by HVILLE: 2:58am On Aug 05, 2015
WhatDoYouMean:

Not at all lot of important information is missing like, size in length and breathe in Figure, soil test report we just can't build on land that we don't know soil structure and so many things to consider but let me give rough estimate 25million upward the figure can be more depending on the can of finishing you want and has for the roof I think is better you remodel it little bit to better design and cheaper finishing but if you want this design it can be work on, you can call 08056887674 or 568f9c24
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by HVILLE: 3:28am On Aug 05, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Any competent builder should be able to give you an idea but welcome to Nairaland where artisans don't know about ranges and wants you to call them.

Someone should be able to say that I can build this house for N20 - N30 IF the soil and land is standard.

If I were building this house there's only one builder I would consist but I doubt that he builds outside of Lagos.
bros is not about competent or not is about getting right information to work with it let me give you example I once build a 4 bedroom detached (duplex) house for a client at18m and build another 4bedroom detached (duplex) at almost 50m there was three major factor that contributed to differences in cost of construction
1...design and size of the building
2...soil structure was totally different and one other thing there can be up to three different soil structure on piece of land
3...finishing some times the money u use in the finishing can be more than what was use building the skeleton of the house
So bros I hope you understand

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 05, 2015
HVILLE:
bros is not about competent or not is about getting right information to work with it let me give you example I once build a 4 bedroom detached (duplex) house for a client at18m and build another 4bedroom detached (duplex) at almost 50m there was three major factor that contributed to differences in cost of construction
1...design and size of the building
2...soil structure was totally different and one other thing there can be up to three different soil structure on piece of land
3...finishing some times the money u use in the finishing can be more than what was use building the skeleton of the house
So bros I hope you understand

Nope, sorry I don't understand at all.

A competent builder should still be able to give a per square foot estimate.

No offense but this is an unwavering position of mine.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 4:03am On Aug 05, 2015
EgunMogaji:

If I were building this house there's only one builder I would consider but I doubt that he builds outside of Lagos.

I understand the angle you are coming from. I also think the guy was right to demand sufficient information. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 4:13am On Aug 05, 2015
HVILLE:

Not at all lot of important information is missing like, size in length and breathe in Figure, soil test report we just can't build on land that we don't know soil structure and so many things to consider but let me give rough estimate 25million upward the figure can be more depending on the can of finishing you want and has for the roof I think is better you remodel it little bit to better design and cheaper finishing but if you want this design it can be work on, you can call 08056887674 or 568f9c24

Thanks for the insight. The land is 100 X 200 (2 plots of land). The soil is standard AGL. Looking at the description of the house I gave up there and the supposed facilities, I think a professional designer/builder should be able to come up with a workable estimate. As for the roof, I think Vicmoore has given me a sound backstage insight. What do you think you can do to the roof to amend it? Any pictures to support the type of roof you propose for us?
We are only interested in getting someone who can give us that exact design, including all of our descriptions with professional and approved estimates
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by eghosajohnny: 8:28am On Aug 05, 2015
First of all the roof type in india would not be advisable cos of our hot weather and the other one is where in ebonyi state are you building this edifice cos I have built there as at last year and I know the area well enough cos the farther the location the higher the cost of getting materials to site,which of the areas below is the plots location.

Ezangbo,abakiliki,nwofe,ishike this are close areas to town and only abakiliki is where materials are cheap so if yoi state the location then the lump total will be stated but the breadown will be sent your mail

U can call 07031886484,07014709098

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by MrP7: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2015
WhatDoYouMean:
Good afternoon dear Nairalanders. My uncle in US wants to build a duplex in my village in Ebonyi State. He has a land already. No work has been done on the land so far. He believes so much in me to the extent that he has asked me to handle the entire work from start to finish. I don't intend betraying this trust for whatever reason either through price hike or other underground activities. In fact, my uncle is also a proud Nairalander, so he is aware of this thread. grin grin

I recently was going through some buildings online, I stumbled on the one attached below with that staircase inside. It is a building in India. You can see their website pasted to the building. I sent it to him and he loves the building with passion. The only issue with the house is that we don't know what the roof top is made of and if it can stand the test of time! Pls can someone help explain the roof top? Or should we use the normal Nigerian roofing (zinc) while maintaining every other thing about the building?

Here are what my uncle wants with this same plan/ design, materials (most likely) and colours.

I don't know who you are but I think you need to change your strategy.
Firstly you will have to pay a good architect to reproduce the drawing in terms of structural design.
You need a civil engineer and architect , also you must see there work and speak to the owners of those property lest the architect claims
something he didn't do.
Furthermore a lot of the chaps on nairaland are not civil engineers / architects so may not give you that qualityyou desire
In addition piece of advice buy your own materials, research the cost of materials it's not a hard task
Just pay for labour/ supervisor cost.
It would also be a good idea not to give them lump sums , you won't go wrong with pay as you go.
All the best
And if no architect impresses u go for Julius Berger

TOP FLOOR
1. 3 bedrooms (2 plus the masters bedroom, all with modern toilet/bathroom gadgets). Each bedroom will come with big wardrobe that can accommodate other valuables other than clothings alone.
3. A reading/study room
4. Gym/fitness room

DOWN FLOOR
3. Visitors Lounge
4. Store
5. Kitchen
6. Dining
7. Guest toilet
8. Inbuilt swimming pool at the back end of the building as attached below. The person outside must not see the pool

COMPOUND SURROUNDING
2. Mini bush bar
4. Interlocked compound

PS: [/b]The house will still come with the small fence around it but with a well structured sizeable water fountain (like the one attached without causing any flooding or nuisance) in front of the house where that car is parked inside.

[b]NB:
Any Nairalander giving a complete breakdown of costs and materials should also include his pay (as the contractor/supervisor). He should also estimate the completion time in months (assuming all the money needed was available). Only authentic materials will be used. No substandard materials will be used and no improvisation.

The Nairalander with the most comprehensive information (exactly this design, may be or not with a slight change of the roof top as earlier stated, most suitable materials and costs estimates) will be contracted to handle this work.

Best of Luck!
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by HVILLE: 9:07am On Aug 05, 2015
WhatDoYouMean:

Thanks for the insight. The land is 100 X 200 (2 plots of land). The soil is standard AGL. Looking at the description of the house I gave up there and the supposed facilities, I think a professional designer/builder should be able to come up with a workable estimate. As for the roof, I think Vicmoore has given me a sound backstage insight. What do you think you can do to the roof to amend it? Any pictures to support the type of roof you propose for us?
We are only interested in getting someone who can give us that exact design, including all of our descriptions with professional and approved estimates
before we start talking cost of construction, a good arc is needed to reproduce what you want so we can know total area the building is going to cover and total length and breathe of each rooms other details needed
60k to 90k per sqm will idea what cost of construction when the arc and structural finish with there design, it can take like 4 to 6month to complete
Has for the roof I have sent the design to my roof man to take a look at it and come up with something realistic
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
HVILLE:
before we start talking cost of construction, a good arc is needed to reproduce what you want so we can know total area the building is going to cover and total length and breathe of each rooms other details needed
[b]60k to 90k per sqm will idea what cost of construction [/b]when the arc and structural finish with there design, it can take like 4 to 6month to complete
Has for the roof I have sent the design to my roof man to take a look at it and come up with something realistic

So you were able to come up with an estimate grin
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by snakebeat: 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
WhatDoYouMean:

Anyone can give u a conservative or an outrageous estimate, there are no dimensions on 3d, this project is somewhat big. Workable estimate can only be gotten when the arc & struct. Drawings are done. a Qs or an experienced blder or civil engr. Can take the estimate. So I suggest u contact a land surv. & an architect. visit any of the architectural thread & discussed with them. Thereafter an arc, blder, or engr. Will take it up from there, then practical construction cost can be discussed depending on ur finishes taste..

If the area is waterlogged, then a soil test must be done to determine the type of foundation, but whether waterlogged or not, it's always safer to test the soil, since it's a storey building...
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by segcymoor(m): 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
Roong:Conctrete slab!
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
snakebeat:

Anyone can give u a conservative or an outrageous estimate, there are no dimensions on 3d, this project is somewhat big. Workable estimate can only be gotten when the arc & struct. Drawings are done. a Qs or an experienced blder or civil engr. Can take the estimate. So I suggest u contact a land surv. & an architect. visit any of the architectural thread & discussed with them. Thereafter an arc, blder, or engr. Will take it up from there, then practical construction cost can be discussed depending on ur finishes taste..

If the area is waterlogged, then a soil test must be done to determine the type of foundation, but whether waterlogged or not, it's always safer to test the soil, since it's a storey building...

An estimate, from a seasoned house builder, doesn't have to be conservative or outrageous.

An estimate is different from a quote.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
eghosajohnny:
First of all the roof type in india would not be advisable cos of our hot weather and the other one is where in ebonyi state are you building this edifice cos I have built there as at last year and I know the area well enough cos the farther the location the higher the cost of getting materials to site,which of the areas below is the plots location.

Ezangbo,abakiliki,nwofe,ishike this are close areas to town and only abakiliki is where materials are cheap so if yoi state the location then the lump total will be stated but the breadown will be sent your mail

U can call 07031886484,07014709098

Thanks. It's Afikpo! Hope that helps out
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
HVILLE:
60k to 90k per sqm will idea what cost of construction when the arc and structural finish with there design, it can take like 4 to 6month to complete

I think you are close to speaking my language! I will be awaiting the roof sample
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
EgunMogaji:

So you were able to come up with an estimate grin

Free my guy jorh grin

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 11:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
snakebeat:

Copied sir.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
EgunMogaji:

An estimate, from a seasoned house builder, doesn't have to be conservative or outrageous.

An estimate is different from a quote.

You may be right!
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 06, 2015
Wrong thread.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by eghosajohnny: 12:54am On Aug 06, 2015
WhatDoYouMean:

TOP FLOOR
3. A reading/study room
4. Gym/fitness room

DOWN FLOOR
3. Visitors Lounge
4. Store
5. Kitchen
6. Dining
7. Guest toilet

COMPOUND SURROUNDING
2. Mini bush bar
4. Interlocked compound

[b]NB:

Best of Luck!

Doing all the checking I have made and concluded this figures to what will be needed to delivering this project afterall its in nigeria and its nothing more than a 6bdrm duplex all I did was see the building as a normal building and not the picture we are seeing here and calculatively a duplex of 6bdrm will not more than 22m and adding to it based on the specification of standard materials I presume jacuzzi and other things that are not seen to balance the cost to 25m,going further to the pool at 2.5m,fountain at 600k,compound design at 2.8m,fence 1.6m,gate 250k.

All this I did and putting all together for someone to handle wouldn't take more 27-28m and although I don't know much abt afikpo but once I need any assistance in getting materials to site I will to powerline tipper garage and I will get material cheap
Re: Estimated Cost Of Building This House (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 2:05am On Aug 06, 2015
eghosajohnny:

Doing all the checking I have made and concluded this figures to what will be needed to delivering this project afterall its in nigeria and its nothing more than a 6bdrm duplex all I did was see the building as a normal building and not the picture we are seeing here and calculatively a duplex of 6bdrm will not more than 22m and adding to it based on the specification of standard materials I presume jacuzzi and other things that are not seen to balance the cost to 25m,going further to the pool at 2.5m,fountain at 600k,compound design at 2.8m,fence 1.6m,gate 250k.

All this I did and putting all together for someone to handle wouldn't take more 27-28m and although I don't know much abt afikpo but once I need any assistance in getting materials to site I will to powerline tipper garage and I will get material cheap

Commendable effort.
Copied for onward processing/study/consideration.
As for the materials and other things you raised about Afikpo, itz a big town where you can get virtually everything. Whatever can't be found there can be gotten from the State capital which is just about one hour drive or there about and transport about N300 as it were!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Call Us For Your Best POP Designs / ,, / Seven Room Bedroom Duplex @fagbile Estate Isheri Ijegun,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.