Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor (1920 Views)

Adeosun Pleads With National Assembly To Cut CBN Governor’s Powers / President Buhari Receives Emefiele, CBN Governor In Aso Rock / EXPOSE: Former CBN Gov, Sanusi To Appear Before EFCC For Alleged Fund Diversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by salterswan: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
As President Muhammadu Buhari finally resurrects the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFFC, to clamp down on fraudulent individuals, the question about if he would prosecute his friends and associates continue to compromise the sincerity of his anti-corruption campaign.

Buhari has already initiated plans to investigate Ministers and appointees of his predecessor as well as the Nigerian civil service. He has publicly claimed he has no intentions of sparing any sacred cows even if found in his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC. This was revealed during an interview on CNN where he reaffirmed total commitment in to making his anti-corruption campaign all inclusive.

“It is not the issue of party members. If you have stolen, no party member can escape justice,”
Reacting to this, a former Deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Obadiah Mailafia during an Interview aired on AIT’s “Money Show” insisted that Buhari cannot bite the fingers that fed him, adding that Buhari’s corruption fight can never be targeted at those who financed his campaigns during the election.

“Some of the people fingered in corruption come from the states that supported him during the election and even finance his campaign, I don’t expect him to wake up one day and start chasing them.”
“In the African culture, you don’t bite the finger that gave you milk, you cannot do it. You have to find the most civilized way of handling such cases”

“Your mother is giving you breast milk as a baby and then you bite her, that is not African.”. Read more here: http://www.post-nigeria.com/corruption-can-buhari-bite-the-finger-that-fed-him-former-cbn-governor/
Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by 4stylz: 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
he has already chewed the fingers, he must arrest ameachi, tinubu ,oshimole (my state governor ) and many more, without that... He still dey play for sand.

3 Likes

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by jlinkd78(m): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
we are watching him but ll respect him if he does bite

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by ojun50(m): 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
He dear not if he want to last long in that seat
Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by Heromaniaa: 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi and CBN should be investigated. The outcome will serve as a litmus test to ascertain if Buhari is merely barking or really biting on issues of corruption, bearing in mind his spoon and plate relationship with the former.

2 Likes

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by DropShot: 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
And who arr the "fingers"?

All the speculations and insinuations don't translate to being guilty of Corruption. Besides, none of those that sponsored him was a minister under mr. Clueless.

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by Imortal001: 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
I see the blood of pdp running in the vein of this former cbn governor!

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
4stylz:
he has already chewed the fingers, he must arrest ameachi, tinubu ,oshimole, your state gov and u cant even spell his name correctly?...shame and many more, without that... He still dey play for sand.
did oshiomole stole ur money? or do u hv any evidence that he stole edo state money? or u re just seeking for mere attention? if u dnt knw, let me inform u that he oshiomole has succeeded in helping edo state(ur assume state) access abt 14bn world bank loan through buhari, such loan is gonna help both oshiomole and edo state compliment on d already available and ongoin storm water project, erotion control, more reconstruted red roof pri and sec schs, reconstruct more roads, complete the ongoing central hospital, etc. and lastly, dnt 4get goodluck and pdp denied him this same loan just to stop him continue all d projects he had started and planed to embark on just for d fact of winning edo state,..but they failed and shal stil fail in nxt year gov election.

2 Likes

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by apeoyemojo: 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
You are a fool,edo state got the first tranche of the loan under Jonathan,the current one is the second tranch,what did Iara's husband achieve with the previous tranche? Meanwhile do you also have evidence Okonjo iweala,diezani,and others stole money?

2 Likes

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by DDoubleUps(m): 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
That is exactly the mentality that have kept us where we are now... corruption is corruption and whoever that is find guilty should face the law... unafrican to probe a looter? while millions wallow in hunger.... every one of them should be probed and they should return the money of the masses they stole and they should face the consequences according to the law!!!

3 Likes

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by 4stylz: 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
mystage:

did oshiomole stole ur money? or do u hv any evidence that he stole edo state money? or u re just seeking for mere attention? if u dnt knw, let me inform u that he oshiomole has succeeded in helping edo state(ur assume state) access abt 14bn world bank loan through buhari, such loan is gonna help both oshiomole and edo state compliment on d already available and ongoin storm water project, erotion control, more reconstruted red roof pri and sec schs, reconstruct more roads, complete the ongoing central hospital, etc. and lastly, dnt 4get goodluck and pdp denied him this same loan just to stop him continue all d projects he had started and planed to embark on just for d fact of winning edo state,..but they failed and shal stil fail in nxt year gov election.

Shut up your smelling mouth dere; what do you even know about development? Have you even been to Benin city; he did some roads and we should die; are we suppose to praise him for the unfinished projects that costs the state billions of naira.??

I am sure you are one of those people that we refer me back to the previous governor's tenure.. if you don't have what to say.. read a book or something

2 Likes

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
4stylz:

Shut up your smelling mouth dere; what do you even know about development? Have you even been to Benin city; he did some roads and we should die; are we suppose to praise him for the unfinished projects that costs the state billions of naira.??

I am sure you are one of those people that we refer me back to the previous governor's tenure.. if you don't have what to say.. read a book or something
bros, i xpected u to hv done d needful which is checkin d profile of d nairalander u quoted b4 askin if hv been to benin b4. thanks for admitting he constructed some roads bt am disappointed in u dat u didnt add wit walkways, street lights and in some underground drainages. and talking abt unfinish projects, there is nowhere in d world where a govt finished all it started when leavin office. and dnt u tink its lack of knowledge on ur part to tag a project unfinish when d govt dat started it hasent elapse? sure am gona read my book bcus am a reader nd a leader.
Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by BankeSmalls(f): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
If he Rochas is not in jail by 2016, I will know buhari is a joker
Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
apeoyemojo:
You are a fool,edo state got the first tranche of the loan under Jonathan,the current one is the second tranch,what did Iara's husband achieve with the previous tranche? Meanwhile do you also have evidence Okonjo iweala,diezani,and others stole money?
sorry, are u refering to me? if yes then its bad on ur part dat u dnt even knw hw to tag sum1 for the person to be aware dat his/her attention is needed. and to ur question/claim, i cant remember where i mentioned gudluck stopped d first loan and if u re interested am ready to enlighten u why gudluck actually allowed d first loan bt refuses d 2nd and am also ready to enlighten u wat "lara husband" did wit d first loan. bt b4 i enlighten u, u hv to first admit u re a fool, an illitrate, a biggot, an slowpoke and above all a poor and suffering church rat.
Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by 4stylz: 10:08pm On Aug 04, 2015
mystage:

bros, i xpected u to hv done d needful which is checkin d profile of d nairalander u quoted b4 askin if hv been to benin b4. thanks for admitting he constructed some roads bt am disappointed in u dat u didnt add wit walkways, street lights and in some underground drainages. and talking abt unfinish projects, there is nowhere in d world where a govt finished all it started when leavin office. and dnt u tink its lack of knowledge on ur part to tag a project unfinish when d govt dat started it hasent elapse? sure am gona read my book bcus am a reader nd a leader.

So where at the billions? And what does he need the one he just borrowed for; to pass the debt to the next government.. see eeh Nigeria politicians cannot decieve the likes of me, its ok if you are clapping for them.. bravo.. Nigeria is simply a joke

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by 4stylz: 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
mystage:

So where is the state billions? And what does he need the one he just borrowed for; to pass the debt to the next government.. see eeh Nigeria politicians cannot decieve the likes of me, its ok if you are clapping for them.. bravo.. Nigeria is simply a joke weda u like it or not
Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
4stylz:

what does he need the one he just borrowed for; to pass the debt to the next government.. see eeh Nigeria politicians cannot decieve the likes of me, its ok if you are clapping for them.. bravo.. Nigeria is simply a joke weda u like it or not
And am happy for u dat u replied me without a single insult in ur messg,..bravo. and am also happy u re 1 of those that politicians cant deceive,..dats wat i wanna hear bt i hv to tel u politicians all over the world are the same. u asked what he need d one he just borrowed for?..well, its to complete most of d abadoned projects u pointed out earlier and also to compliment the ekenwan, auchi and queen ede golly erotion works which if u reside in benin lik me wud agree has started nd both state igr nd federal allocation cant solve it bcus its a huge project dat is gonna gulp 100s of billions of naira. pass debt to d nxt generation,..all over d world countries/states including usa/chicago are in very huge dept.
Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by 4stylz: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
mystage:

And am happy for u dat u replied me without a single insult in ur messg,..bravo. and am also happy u re 1 of those that politicians cant deceive,..dats wat i wanna hear bt i hv to tel u politicians all over the world are the same. u asked what he need d one he just borrowed for?..well, its to complete most of d abadoned projects u pointed out earlier and also to compliment the ekenwan, auchi and queen ede golly erotion works which if u reside in benin lik me wud agree has started nd both state igr nd federal allocation cant solve it bcus its a huge project dat is gonna gulp 100s of billions of naira. pass debt to d nxt generation,..all over d world countries/states including usa/chicago are in very huge dept.

Look at those states you are mentioning , you will see the handwork of government, some states in USA don't get as much as Nigeria states in 1Year.. These guys are only deceiving who they can because i haven't seen where all the state billions went into and they are still borrowing more, and i am sure that money is for his retirement because he is leaving next year and the next government will carryover the debts and the circle just continues until thy kingdom come. Must we wait forever before we see common good roads 8years for one state is enough my broda ..stop backing this governor , maybe you are his agent ...i don't know

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
4stylz:

some states in USA don't get as much as Nigeria states in 1Year.. These guys are only deceiving who they can because i haven't seen where all the state billions went into and they are still borrowing more, and i am sure that money is for his retirement because he is leaving next year.... stop backing this governor , maybe you are his agent ...i don't know
bro, d bolded is 100% wrong. just googld it and u wil see urself. the poorest state in usa is richer than the richest state in nigeria. let me giv u an example, new york fire service budget alone in year 2013 was bigger than akwa ibon state 2013 budget and to some xtent akwa ibom is the richest state in nigeria. despite d already available infrastructures and huge finance state of chicago, new york, etc stil do borrow billion of dollars yearly. d last time i checked edo is d least indepted state in s/s despite receiving d smallest federal allocation and smallest igr.
Re: Can Buhari Bite The Finger That Fed Him? – Former CBN Governor by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
4stylz:

and i am sure that money is for his retirement because he is leaving next year...Must we wait forever before we see common good roads ...stop backing this governor , maybe you are his agent ...i don't know
yea oshiomole tenure ends nxt year, so u xpect he become dormant bcus he is leaving so dat people wont accuse him of gatherin his retirement fund?

so u mean since oshiomole bcame gov u cant cant more than 10 good roads in edo state nt to talk of 1 as u claim?

am nt backing him neither am i his agent as u also claim. am just appreciating him nd his gud works, e.g. (1.) i stayed in benin nd in all my years in benin never for once did i ever see walkways until i left to lag bt we both wud agree d case is diff nw. (2.) i went to emokpae pri sch nd ihogbe sec sch, i knw hw it was then and we both wud also agree these schs just like many others has totally transformed nd dis same oshiomole also did it, etc. AM I LIEING?

(1) (Reply)

Judge Who Tried To Stop Saraki’s Arraignment Had Played Dubious Role Before / 1969: Nigeria Bans Red Cross Aid To Biafra BBC News / Dear PMB, Fighting Corruption Is Not A Fiscal Responsibility, By Tony Osborg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.