Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan (41897 Views)

Urgent: How Do I Get To Immigration Office In Festac / Pls What Is The Cost Of An International Passport In Immigration Office Abuja / Who Knows D Address Of D Immigration Office In Asaba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by ifeoluwasegun(m): 5:47am On Aug 06, 2015
I b wan go do my own soon too, and certainly now that I even know, m gonna b intentionally duped too. Poor country!

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by henrysilver(m): 5:48am On Aug 06, 2015
Trying to get all the documents and do it the normal way at the rate of 17K will take you like 7 days+ if care is not taking. For the of 27K if its here in Lagos you will have ur Passport withing two days so which do u prefer..?
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by mimicious(f): 5:50am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:

Then, it is general agreement on the part of immigration staffs in Ibadan and Lagos to get illegal money through that means. I had all the necessary documents with me but I wasn't informed by the immigration officer that the official price was 17k. If I was informed, I would have done it myself...

Hi dear, u were not duped. If u had processed it by yourself it will take a long time before it comes out. Hope u asked him when u are to collect it.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by bigass(f): 5:51am On Aug 06, 2015
I say it everyday that people who live in Nigeria are not normal. The official price is 17000 yet you paid 27500 and people are saying that's normal. My brother it is not normal. The immigration officers get salary to do this. There's nothing like express as they are capable of and have been ordered to deliver passport same day.

When will all these stop.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by lonelydora: 5:51am On Aug 06, 2015
Tell us more......
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by nedby: 5:53am On Aug 06, 2015
My bro he did not cheat you at all.the official price of passport is 19500,most of the money are used for administrative purpose.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by lonelydora: 5:53am On Aug 06, 2015
Smilelo:

Guy I did my International passport that same day and collected it that same day. I paid 30k in Portharcourt . And na Express.
So why you see I been they ask you those questions na to first confirm from you. So my brother the guy for there job you.

Same with me. Paid 30k and collected it same day.

2 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by omojeesu(m): 5:54am On Aug 06, 2015
Buhari has a lot of work to do.

Corruption is a monster. His children and converts are just too many. I don't know how he's going to do it. Can only pray for him that God should please help him to succeed in his almost impossible crusade against this monster and its die hard agents in high and low places!

The Immigration Dept is one of the cesspools of corruption in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by denisbath(m): 5:55am On Aug 06, 2015
guy dey don chop u cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by toprealman: 6:00am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:

Then, it is general agreement on the part of immigration staffs in Ibadan and Lagos to get illegal money through that means. I had all the necessary documents with me but I wasn't informed by the immigration officer that the official price was 17k. If I was informed, I would have done it myself...
DIY IS GOOD AND CHEAPER BUT CAN TAKE LIKE FOREVER TO BE READY. DID MINE 24K, TOOK THEM ABOUT 4HRS TO SORT ME OUT.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by omojeesu(m): 6:08am On Aug 06, 2015
bigass:
I say it everyday that people who live in Nigeria are not normal. The official price is 17000 yet you paid 27500 and people are saying that's normal. My brother it is not normal. The immigration officers get salary to do this. There's nothing like express as they are capable of and have been ordered to deliver passport same day.

When will all these stop.

Terrible!

Many have just thrown in the towel against corruption. We are fearful, impatient and unwilling to stand for the truth and fight against this monster. Many are also corrupt in their own stations of life and can't complain when they are on the receiving end or, in fact, enjoy the situation and actually actively promote it.

It has become 'if you can't beat them, you join them'.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Btruth: 6:08am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:

You are right with the official price, but the thing is you will have to wait some months before your application can get processed. If you are not in a hurry, then, goodluck.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by usmana911(m): 6:09am On Aug 06, 2015
We still have a long way to go in this coountry, pls we need more details of the guy you paid the money to.

2 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by DonDiego(m): 6:11am On Aug 06, 2015
nedby:
My bro he did not cheat you at all.the official price of passport is 19500,most of the money are used for administrative purpose.

Listen to yourself. No, he REWARDED him. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by JayJustus(m): 6:17am On Aug 06, 2015
you didn't collect the same day Lol...

#YouDeyYourLaneTrailerComeJamYou
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by nnatom: 6:19am On Aug 06, 2015
Demmocrats:
Bro forget about the money and move on

this is the majoy problem with us Nigerians.we knw something is wrong and everybody expects u to forget it and move on.if dey bash ur car some fellow we say forget it and thank God for life wen ut car is messed up and they don't care if u have d money to fix it or nt.then why are we shouting our leaders are corrupt when we keep making them feel we can move on.Thats why our leaders are messing up with us.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by georgefunk01: 6:20am On Aug 06, 2015
Kai! Na wa o
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by yorke1: 6:20am On Aug 06, 2015
I went through the same experience as well. I paid 28K but I just ignored because the money is a small token to me.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Rassco(m): 6:31am On Aug 06, 2015
yorke1:
I went through the same experience as well. I paid 28K but I just ignored because the money is a small token to me.
I paid same amount and got mine in 1 week time cos they said their printing machine developed fault.

That immigration office in Ibadan is something else.

3 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by funkybully(f): 6:36am On Aug 06, 2015
kilode100:
That was how one Ibezim from ikoyi immigration duped my cousin and still didn't deliver.

That guy and Tunde in festac office are crooks

6 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Omotayor123(f): 6:37am On Aug 06, 2015
goryorhal:
The man no cheat you bro .. That's the amount here in Lagos .. Ikoyi ..
The price you saw online was the official price from the FGN .. You can do it yourself so far you can go extra length to get those documents requested ..
No big deal bro ..
The man no cheat you ..
It's still a cheat. Not just by the man but by all immigration officer.

Why are they not selling at the official price
It pure cheat.!

3 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by sheymoni(m): 6:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Op that's the price everywhere, I did mine same price at their Ikeja office but I got it same day. The advantage of paying that extra 10,000 is that it will be ready that same day or within a week compare to those who do it online who will have to wait for 8 - 12 weeks before they get it.
Whichever way we look at it, it is still corruption

2 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by david22uu(m): 6:39am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:

Thanks... After I collect the passport. I will confront him and let him know what he did was wrong...

Oga it's like ur not nigerian... Na. Ur type person dey use over sabi put ur self in trouble..
I assure u that if u pay the official fee, by 1month u never see ur passport, what he charged u is for simply fast tracking it... Go confront am na..and see if he wld not tear ur passprt and u wld have to gather all d report from all d organization in nigeria before it wld be done again
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by dejt4u(m): 6:40am On Aug 06, 2015
It is not the fault of that officer but of his ogas at the top..

That price of 27.5k is constant.. It is even pasted permanently on their board in their office in Osogbo.. That is the instruction givn to them by their bosses whereas only 17k will be remitted to govt..

If u want to prosecute anyone at all, it shld be the head in those offices.. Thanks

NB: Was the payment receipt of N27,500 issued to you??

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 06, 2015
Smilelo:

Guy I did my International passport that same day and collected it that same day. I paid 30k in Portharcourt . And na Express.
So why you see I been they ask you those questions na to first confirm from you. So my brother the guy for there job you.
bros please I want to do mine here in Port Harcourt; how do I go about it?
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by bigtt76(f): 6:43am On Aug 06, 2015
Na we de take our hand look for trouble. You're computer literate and educated, you could have carried on witb your passport acquisition online without resortinto seeking and immigration officer's assistance. You probably did to get undue advantage and now you rush here to cry wolf because of the 'service charge'. The amount charged you is for running the rounds by the officer to help you get your passport out on time. You could have waited weeks if you did it yourself. Other factors to consider include but not limited to availability of passport booklets.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:
I went to immigration office in Ibadan today to apply for my international passport. On getting there, I consulted one of immigration staffs who was in uniform on how to go about it. He told me that 32pages passport was 27500 while 64pages passport was 35k. I didn't doubt him since he was an immigration staff and I had seen on nairaland that international passport was 27k. I paid and waited for interview and biometric scanning. While waiting, I talked to people around who then informed me that the official amount was and still is 17k. I thought they were joking. Then, I opened immigration website to see the authenticity of what I was told. I saw 17k as official price. I was flabbergasted. I realised that I have been duped of 10500 by immigration staff.
Note: 1.For those that want to confirm the official price on immigration website, click on 'apply online' icon. Then fill your details or any details and proceed to payment. You will then see the official price.

As I am now, I am still in shock and furious at the the same time.

Did mine 15k in enugu.....early 2014.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad / FG To Evacuate Nigerians From China After Viral Video Of Forced Eviction / Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.