Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan (41899 Views)

Urgent: How Do I Get To Immigration Office In Festac / Pls What Is The Cost Of An International Passport In Immigration Office Abuja / Who Knows D Address Of D Immigration Office In Asaba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by constantchanges: 7:23am On Aug 06, 2015
Well, that's bad.From 17k to 27k, still it was delayed.

Since when has int Passport become a rocket science?

As for corruption, let PMB fight corruption children and grand children first.

Corruption has spread so so so wide. It will take alot to fight it, even the people shouting change , most of them have not changed from their old corrupt ways.

Bribery is still on in many high and low places, Police still mount illegal roadblocks to collect white, Judges still pass judgement in favour of the client with highest bid, appointments in major offices are still going to one side of the divide, landlords still eject poor tenants while their rent is still running, people that died in immigration during the last deadly recruitment process have not been compensated, unemployed graduates have not seen one kobo from the promise made by APC, $1 is not #1 yet, BH has become worst since May 29, 2015, roads are still bad...

The truth of the matter is that nothing, if the change is not from above.

Na only God that can save this country o.

2 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 06, 2015
bigass:
I say it everyday that people who live in Nigeria are not normal. The official price is 17000 yet you paid 27500 and people are saying that's normal. My brother it is not normal. The immigration officers get salary to do this. There's nothing like express as they are capable of and have been ordered to deliver passport same day.

When will all these stop.
Don't mind them. And this is happening in spite of the "change"change? How come things are not taking shape there because of the new sheriff in town or baba's body language?

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by bengoodcreature: 7:25am On Aug 06, 2015
I have gotten 3 Intl pax, each time I go, I wld claim as if I came to colect, so when I sat at d colection side, I wld ask like 4pple how much they did it, pls lets b wise as serpent
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by habeembolah: 7:30am On Aug 06, 2015
Well that's naija for you, but they asking you to come on friday is out of it. Cos. Even you collecting it that same day doesn't attract that amount. All you should have done is have a one on one chat with the officer, you know now naija tins. These year I went dia with a friend for same purpose, he did it same day and collect it same day with less dan 20k
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by bigerboy200: 7:31am On Aug 06, 2015
Op..just don't worry ur self..That's d amount they collect from almost all applicants..In that same Immigration office at agodi(gate),i paid 25k for renewal,tho I know d official price is around 17k or so...if u want to go d official price way,u will wait and wait for weeks upon weeks b4 getting ur passport...I doubt if any passport office collects less than 25k dis days..Nigeria is in a big mess..
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by tellwisdom: 7:32am On Aug 06, 2015
10,000?? ..Op are you poor? angry
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by goryorhal(m): 7:37am On Aug 06, 2015
tellwisdom:
10,000?? ..Op are you poor? angry
Omotayor123:

It's still a cheat. Not just by the man but by all immigration officer.

Why are they not selling at the official price
It pure cheat.!

Madam there is nothing I can do about it .

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by otokx(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Most of the immigration staff have become agents in passport processing, they even have staff working under them.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by godoluwa(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:

Thanks... After I collect the passport. I will confront him and let him know what he did was wrong...
bro no think am, this is 9ja. gboju, collect ur passport & move on. i also experienced the same despite the fact that its my childhood that i paid for the passport
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by donkunzman: 7:43am On Aug 06, 2015
Lol. The guy that collected 27500 from you told you that too?
kaka22:

Tuesday... It takes 3days for international passport to be ready...
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:
I went to immigration office in Ibadan today to apply for my international passport. On getting there, I consulted one of immigration staffs who was in uniform on how to go about it. He told me that 32pages passport was 27500 while 64pages passport was 35k. I didn't doubt him since he was an immigration staff and I had seen on nairaland that international passport was 27k. I paid and waited for interview and biometric scanning. While waiting, I talked to people around who then informed me that the official amount was and still is 17k. I thought they were joking. Then, I opened immigration website to see the authenticity of what I was told. I saw 17k as official price. I was flabbergasted. I realised that I have been duped of 10500 by immigration staff.
Note: 1.For those that want to confirm the official price on immigration website, click on 'apply online' icon. Then fill your details or any details and proceed to payment. You will then see the official price.

As I am now, I am still in shock and furious at the the same time.

No one dupe you, even in Oshogbo, I paid N52k back in February for 2 passport. The one corruption that is happening in Immigration offices is being told to pay this money to immigration officers rather than paying to the Bank. The same goes for the new driving licence money being paid to Road Safety officer instead of paying straight into the bank
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Leon2036(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2015
He didn't job you anything jor, if u risk do am your self my brother 3months u never get am, all could. Have done was to bit the prize down with him to @least 24k and with that prize u re suppose. To collect it on express,,,,that's how it is everywhere my brother nah so them take dey get their money!!!
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by boma95(f): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2015
Smilelo:

Guy I did my International passport that same day and collected it that same day. I paid 30k in Portharcourt . And na Express.
So why you see I been they ask you those questions na to first confirm from you. So my brother the guy for there job you.

I did mine in ph too...collected it the same day
Nd I paid 20k cheesy tongue
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by gidjah(m): 7:58am On Aug 06, 2015
10k difference plenty sha,...just saying though.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by kunyeo(m): 8:00am On Aug 06, 2015
I needed my own passport urgently and I paid 35k (60 pages )i in Ikoyi.Got it within 4hrs.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by yoged(m): 8:07am On Aug 06, 2015
I did renewed mine at the same ibadan. And I paid 27,000. Went there late but collected it the following day.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by hollowpot15684(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2015
For my people will suffer because of lack of information
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by missKiffy(f): 8:18am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:
I went to immigration office in Ibadan today to apply for my international passport. On getting there, I consulted one of immigration staffs who was in uniform on how to go about it. He told me that 32pages passport was 27500 while 64pages passport was 35k. I didn't doubt him since he was an immigration staff and I had seen on nairaland that international passport was 27k. I paid and waited for interview and biometric scanning. While waiting, I talked to people around who then informed me that the official amount was and still is 17k. I thought they were joking. Then, I opened immigration website to see the authenticity of what I was told. I saw 17k as official price. I was flabbergasted. I realised that I have been duped of 10500 by immigration staff.
Note: 1.For those that want to confirm the official price on immigration website, click on 'apply online' icon. Then fill your details or any details and proceed to payment. You will then see the official price.

As I am now, I am still in shock and furious at the the same time.
I don't think you were duped, there's a normal process and there's a faster process, the normal process which cost 17k usually takes a lot of time before it is ready while you get the other one on time
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Tmaritas76(m): 8:19am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:

Thanks... After I collect the passport. I will confront him and let him know what he did was wrong...
that is the same amount they are collecting anywhere in Nigeria, don't go start making trouble with him because he didn't force you to pay him for the job after all you know they are online why not visit their site before proceeding for payment. You think you have the necessary documents when you want to do it yourself is when you will know you don't have even up to half of the requirements besides, they will frustrate you and by the time you know it, two month you have not gotten your passport to be frank.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Emmahunk(m): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2015
I deem it necessary to throw more light on this since I am obviously opportuned to be better informed than the writer.
Having said that , there are two official prices of the e-passport in Nigeria. This can be confirmed from the Nigeria Immigration portal :
There are two main payment platforms for the E passport namely a) pay arena and b) Pay 4 me and these are the official prices inclusive bank commission and the newly introduced address verification fee ;
PAY ARENA ;
1. Minors below 18 years and senior citizens above 60 years
=N11225
2. All others = N17300 while this is N17600 in Pay 4 me
3. Then the new 64 pages for frequent travellers = N22300 with pay arena and 22700with pay 4 me
You should however note that these payments are made online and where you refuse to do it yourself, someone might offer to do it for you for a fee. Be sides,
the print out that comes after the capturing of the applicant's image and data gives you the date you should go for the collection of your passport. However, most Nigerians love to cut corners and want to collect the passport same day thereby creating room for possible additional charges.

6 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2015
stepo707:
We need to start exposing all tis corruption.Very soon Baba will ear about it and e will come for tem, for now NNPC sanitation is going on

Mtchew, bros u dey lag behind... we don move on to aviation.
Go-slow don dey clear wink cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by stepo707: 8:25am On Aug 06, 2015
sunnyeinstein:

Mtchew, bros u dey lag behind... we don move on to aviation.
Go-slow don dey clear wink cheesy cheesy
with the way nnpc dirty so?
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Truck01: 8:32am On Aug 06, 2015
@OP truth be told, you failed to mention to us that you informed the officer you would like to wait and GET your passport the same day... If that is so then am afraid the corruption has to stop from you.

You obviously did not go to the immigration office with ALL the required documents...how do you presume to get it without proper documentation and even if you filled your form and submitted with required document it will take about 5 working days to get you a passport.

Corruption can stop from US.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Zeddicus001(m): 8:34am On Aug 06, 2015
guy nobody cheat you at all... the one you will do it your self at least it will take you 3month to get it cos all the document u will provide will be verified and many things like that... when u go to abuja they can't take more than 17 k but u will get it after 3-4 month
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Bluffly: 8:39am On Aug 06, 2015
MrCuddles:
As long as you get your passport, thats all that matters. The immigration officer will probably pull strings so you don't have to queue for hours. It isn't the change we need but sometimes we need to get things done on time

There are legal and transparent ways of getting things done on time. We need to start getting things right by advancing in our technologies. Do you know why citizens of developed are well serviced?, It is because there are monitored cctvs everywhere including online real-time monitoring programs. W can have same in our society here if we are serious about getting value for our tax

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Funjosh(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2015
God bless you for the way you respond its show you have a matured heart, if you read through what the OP said well, if he had know that he can process it for 17500 without going to their office, he would have carried it out on his own. Now that he know, he should just request for his balance or his whole money(that if he will get it) and do it on his own.

tochimas:

I don't want to be insultive
But what ignorant are you talking about.
That he went to an immigration officer to make enquiries , this is someone that was suppose to be authority on such matters, someone that is being paid with our hard earned money to provide such service and the person lied and cheated him and you are here calling him ignorant.
Did he go to passer by, traders or just any individual ?
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by insure1: 8:39am On Aug 06, 2015
[

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Obunse1: 8:45am On Aug 06, 2015
kilode100:
That was how one Ibezim from ikoyi immigration duped my cousin and still didn't deliver.

Ibezim is a criminal.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by claremont(m): 8:49am On Aug 06, 2015
constantchanges:

The truth of the matter is that nothing, if the change is not from above.

Exactly!

True change has to come from upper management, and then the citizenry will be encouraged to abide by the change. We cannot expect to toe the honest line in a country where corruption is endemic, nothing will ever be achieved.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:55am On Aug 06, 2015
kaka22:

Then, it is general agreement on the part of immigration staffs in Ibadan and Lagos to get illegal money through that means. I had all the necessary documents with me but I wasn't informed by the immigration officer that the official price was 17k. If I was informed, I would have done it myself...

Try do it urself and see the frustration.
You will end up paying over 27500 that was collected from you after you have wasted weeks,then you'll realise the documents u think you have are not valid.
I tried t once b4 for my mum my brother,I'm sure ts not a path you want to thread.
9ja is sincerely corrupt,maybe Buhari will see to these soon,same applies to the DL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad / FG To Evacuate Nigerians From China After Viral Video Of Forced Eviction / Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.