Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,398 members, 7,800,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? (61749 Views)

Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / Fish Farming Vs Poultry Farming / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by fromnigeria(m): 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
tayo52:

The only risk I know might be theft that all,I guess they are disease free cos u can't hear anybody prescribing drugs to use for either snail or grasscutter,in any forum have read,u can make it big in grasscutter,buy selling it to intended breeders,if u decided to sell for any eatry or joint,in less dan 3 months u might be tempted to sell your parent stock,I have vass knowledge on piggery,grasscutter n snail,but I prefer piggery n grasscutter biz over snail,but u can do both grasscutter n snail farm 2geda,cos in terms of feeding it very cheap to start n feed unlike other livestock animals

Thanks, am getting set. I love the business, its just cool.
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by fayahsoul: 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
tayo52:

The only risk I know might be theft that all,I guess they are disease free cos u can't hear anybody prescribing drugs to use for either snail or grasscutter,in any forum have read,u can make it big in grasscutter,buy selling it to intended breeders,if u decided to sell for any eatry or joint,in less dan 3 months u might be tempted to sell your parent stock,I have vass knowledge on piggery,grasscutter n snail,but I prefer piggery n grasscutter biz over snail,but u can do both grasscutter n snail farm 2geda,cos in terms of feeding it very cheap to start n feed unlike other livestock animals
Guy every organism is susceptible to disease. Grsscttrs do have diseases but the problem is that knowledge of it remains obscure due to its novelty. It's new relative to other types of livestock farming. Also, grsscttrs are very strong and resilient so it's difficult to dictate signs of illness becos they push themselves to a breaking point at which any treatment will probably be futile. One minute they appear healthy next minute they are prostrate on the floor and within an hour they are dead. The annoying thing is that, apart from pneumonia, the cause of death can hardly be know. More research is definitely needed.
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by salauoladipupo: 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
[color=#770077][/color] where can I buy Achantina Achantina for for rearing?
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by crossblane1(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
is it normal for the snail to be dormant in the afternoon and why is it that most of my snail leave the soil in the cage and climb up.pls don't be angry with my questions'am a newbie in this line of biz.
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by tayo52: 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
crossblane1:
is it normal for the snail to be dormant in the
afternoon and why is it that most of my snail leave
the soil in the cage and climb up.pls don't be angry
with my questions'am a newbie in this line of biz.
ask google must u post the same question on every snail forum u see? Atleast our oga's av answer ur question on the previous post y copy pasting it here again undecided
crossblane1:
is it normal for the snail to be dormant in the
afternoon and why is it that most of my snail leave
the soil in the cage and climb up.pls don't be angry
with my questions'am a newbie in this line of biz.
ask google must u post the same question on every snail forum u see? Atleast our oga's av answer ur question on the previous post y copy pasting it here again
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by world1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
Agriculture is blooming! It is forecasted as the next mega industry. The Market is more than the Supply.

Where would you rather be on October 1st independence day?

Come, Learn and be inspired at Yabdi 2015 summit !

With successful practical training events in Ogbomosho and Abeokuta gone by, successful farms sprung up from partakers of the training,

YABDI (Youth in Agribusiness Development Initiative) is set to expose you to immediately-practicable and profitable farming practices again!

Get ready for profitable, practical and Innovative training on Cucumber, Fish Culture, Plantain/Pineapple Cultivation and an introduction to free range Grasscutter/ Snail farming (including Practical and Q&A session) Come 1st October in Lagos.‎

Venue: LEADWAY ASSURANCE TRAINING CENTRE (LTC). ‎10, Abebe Village Road, Apex Mill Building Iganmu, Lagos.‎ (‎Directly opposite Nigeria breweries)

Time: 8:00am ‎
Fee: 15000 at the venue.‎
10000 (earlybird fee)

To participate Send your name and email to the Admin +2348065220074

For Exhibitions/Enquiries and Bookings call Admin.

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by omo17(m): 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
world1:

There many ways to build your pen.
Brooding Stocks are available

Pls hw much is ur brooding stock. Tanks
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by raymondhill: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
Snail farming is more profitable and involves less stress than grasscutter. I know this based on my experience of many years. It is easily affordable than grasscutter. It has great health benefits. You can get more info from my snail ebook.Contact raymondhillnig@yahoo.com
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by world1(m): 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
October Agribusiness Bonus offer !!!!

Already Planted Acres of Plantain farm available for sale urgently.

Benefits:
1. Genuine land with documents and 4 corner piece.
2. Land has been cleared.
3. Land preparation and treatment has been done.
4. 800 plantain has been planted on each acre using 2m by 2m spacing.
5. 3 weeks old plantain.

Located at Highhill Plantain Village Ilao Village via Awowo Town Ewekoro LGA.

WhatsApp +2348065220074
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by omonnakoda: 8:07am On Oct 13, 2015
world1:
October Agribusiness Bonus offer !!!!

Already Planted Acres of Plantain farm available for sale urgently.

Benefits:
1. Genuine land with documents and 4 corner piece.
2. Land has been cleared.
3. Land preparation and treatment has been done.
4. 800 plantain has been planted on each acre using 2m by 2m spacing.
5. 3 weeks old plantain.

Located at Highhill Plantain Village Ilao Village via Awowo Town Ewekoro LGA.

WhatsApp +2348065220074
How many acres is this land?

1 Like

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by world1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
omonnakoda:

How many acres is this land?
We have enough, how many do you need?
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by omonnakoda: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
world1:

We have enough, how many do you need?
about 100 acres
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by world1(m): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
about 100 acres
Available. You can contact me
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by world1(m): 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
about 100 acres
The land is within Highhill Agric Estate 100% genuine and secured.

1 Like

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by vikacydevato(m): 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
Which eggs are these?

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by mrsage(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Educative
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by babytejiri(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2016
Grasscutter farming is indeed very profitable. Get the business plan.
http://www.businessplannigeria.com.ng/grasscutter-farming-business-plan-manual-pdf/
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by phillip001(m): 11:05am On May 10, 2016
Giant African snails have showed up in the news over the past few years. They've been castigated for destroying the environment and giving people meningitis. It turns out that they are being unfairly maligned! Kind of!

Giant African snails are hand-sized snails that have been favored, for a time, as pets by irresponsible jerks. We know the pet owners were irresponsible jerks, because they let their pet snails out into the wild. The snails decided to respond to this by giving their new country the virtual middle finger. They ate everything in sight, including valuable parts of our ecosystem. And that's when calumny entered the equation. In news stories about giant African snails, writers talked about environmental degradation, but also alleged that these foreign snails can give people meningitis. That's not African land snails so much as every snail.

Meningitis is not brought on by any specific disease. It's the term for the swelling of the membranes around the brain and spinal cord. It can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or a fungal infection. In the case of the snails, it's caused by a rat parasite. The parasite's natural life cycle shuttles it between two creatures. In its adult phase, it burrows around in the lung of a rat. At some point, it drops out larva, which migrate to the feces of the rat. Snails, while grazing on leaves, eat the rat feces along with everything else. The larvae infect the snails, living in them until they are almost mature, at which point the snails are eaten by rats and this majestic cycle of life can begin all over again.

The parasite only gets passed to humans when people eat uncooked snail meat. (This happens more often than you'd think. Check your salads before you eat them.) Most of the time, people aren't affected by the parasite, but on occasion the parasite causes an infection that spreads to the spinal cord and the brain. Meningitis, thankfully, can be treated with antibiotics, but it's important to catch it as soon as possible.

Now you may have noticed that there's nothing in there about how giant African snails are more likely to carry the parasite than any other snail. That's because they aren't. All snailscan be infected, including the cute little ones sliming around your garden. The only reason there's not a wave of meningitis spreading across the country is you would pretty much have to eat the snail to contract it. It takes more than a little poke with a finger to get them inside your body. African snails are, if anything, less likely to be agents of infection, since no one misses a hand-sized snail in their food.

SPONSORED
So you can sleep soundly tonight, knowing that foreign snails aren't coming for your spine. Just keep yourself awake thinking that, if you let a snail climb across your hand, you have been bathed in the juices of something that eats rat poop so often that an entire species' reproductive cycle depends on it
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by DiligentMan: 3:08am On Jul 10, 2016
myners007:
Snail farming is synonymous with high turnover resulting to high profit. Grasscutter reminds people of Ebola Virus..............Snail gat my vote

Yeah I get your opinion about ebola fears, don't forget that with proper cooking virus wont affect the meat. A lot of beef in our markets are tainted by tuberculosis (cows), but it hasn't led to an epidemic, so did swine flu and the avian virus not affect the human populace... So proper cooking (have no fear)... Grasscutter got my vote, snails take time from eggs to maturity (2yrs )... In that same time you'll av turned out a whole legion of grasscutters

grin
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by heezey(m): 6:19am On Oct 01, 2016
Are you interested in Snail farming?
Click here to discover the success secrets of snail farmers that no one talks about: Snail farming In Nigeria: Exposing the hidden secrets
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by shams040(m): 6:21am On Oct 01, 2016
Now on sale

200 Acres of land for sale in okoga town off badary express way, Lagos.

For more info visit https://properties4saleblog./?ref=spelling
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by shams040(m): 6:22am On Oct 01, 2016
Now on sale

200 Acres of land for sale in okoga town off badagry express way, Lagos.

For more info visit https://properties4saleblog./?ref=spelling
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by easykeludeme: 9:12am On Jan 19, 2017
I want to know, for those already in snail farming, what's the best and safest way of eliminating ants already present in the snail farm amongst the snails. I have interest in snail farming
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by Preprobiotics: 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by yorlq94: 12:25am On Jun 26, 2017
heezey:
Are you interested in Snail farming?
Click here to discover the success secrets of snail farmers that no one talks about: Snail farming In Nigeria: Exposing the hidden secrets
where can someone to train me about snail farming in ibadan coz I really like this business you can whatsapp or call msg me on 08133474042 thanks
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by Derealme(m): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Do you want maize at the cheapest price? Do you want maize in large quantity any where in Nigeria? Call or WhatsApp Folabi on 07069596909
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by Derealme(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
Do you want maize at the cheapest price? Do you want maize in large quantity any where in Nigeria? Call or WhatsApp Folabi on 07069596909

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by ubyobot10(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2017
Get your best breeder of AA, AF and MM @affordable rate across Nigeria.
The best feed also available.
25kg = 1,500
50kg = 2,500
Pay for it after delivery....
Email: ubyobot@gmail.com
Phone: 08143219574
Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by ubyobot10(m): 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
Xclusiv farm

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by ubyobot10(m): 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
Xclusive farm

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by ubyobot10(m): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
Our Professional Services

Re: Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? by esty27: 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2018
hello house. how can one make snail eggs hatch during dry season?my snail eggs have refused to hatch this harmattan season

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Joystick Shape Of This Cassava Tuber Will Shock You- Ladies Beware.. Photo / These Animals Were Killed While Ploughing My Farm Yesterday / 11,000 Hectares Coconut Plantation In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.