Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget (3931 Views)

NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice / The lopsided NNPC Appointment That Got Everyone Talking / NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Rose2014: 12:21am On Aug 05, 2015
So far this government has made over 19 appointments out of which about 15 are northerners while 4 are southerners.smh

What I don't understand is why Yorubas don't see anything wrong with the lopsided appointments rather they want SS to hold a thanksgiving service because Kachikwu is from SS.

First of all, is NNPC oil not coming from SS? If not for marginalization in nigeria, why would a SSner be excited over NNPC appointment?

Well I guess when u consider the fact that a refinery was cited all the way in Kaduna while the oil is coming from same SS, anything is possible in Nigeria

Lastly, to set the record straight, an average Igbo man has given up on buhari and his so called appointments. He made it clear in his US interview that he's out to marginalize those that gave him 5% and he's making good of his threat, Even if he gives the rest of the appointments now to SS or SE, people like me will naturally not be excited for out of the abundance of his heart, his mouth has already spoken.
This explains why no Igbo man/woman I know have even made any comment about the NNPC appointment rather the Igbo man is thinking of another strategy to make millions out of Nigerian catastrophe.

Don't forget The 5% statement by buhari has made another Igbo man a millionaire.
Most of the people on nl are not even thinking of how to generate wealth out of the current trend rather they're hoping that appointing their kinsmen will put food on their table(a topic for another day)

Now what I want to know is why people think SS should hold a thanksgiving service because NNPC appointment which should be their birthright anyway? Who should have gotten the appointment before? Another Daura guy?

Mature response please. No insults

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 05, 2015
Alright. Ignore any Yoruba or hausa that says Igbo should rejoice over that. It is indeed their right. And we cannot deny them if it. Buhari should stop his bigotry and appoint the people equally.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by BRIGHTTAZ: 12:27am On Aug 05, 2015
De day of reckoning wil soon come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by coolitempa(f): 12:28am On Aug 05, 2015
Ibichukwu is not iboe.......no appointment for any iboe in this new dispensation....Biafra they want....Biafra they shall get.... cheesy

9 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Rose2014: 12:29am On Aug 05, 2015
Teempakguy:
Alright. Ignore any Yoruba or hausa that says Igbo should rejoice over that. It is indeed their right. And we cannot deny them if it. Buhari should stop his bigotry and appoint the people equally.

Imagine over 19 appointments and only 4 to whole south altogether but Yorubas don't see any problem with it. It beats my imagination

Now they want us to hold a thanksgiving service over NNPC appointment while witch hunting GEJ

Their son is not fit to be president and we should hold thanksgiving service over NNPC GMD
Such an insult

Just tell Buhari to hurry up with his campaign promises. The appointment ish is already boring

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Obiokk(m): 12:29am On Aug 05, 2015
American wonder again!!! This is an obvious bargain between PMB and Obama. Must the GMD NNPC be selected from Exxon mobile? an American company hahaha!!!! Americans are closely watching/manipulating our economic main stay. Naija be wise for once.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Rose2014: 12:30am On Aug 05, 2015
coolitempa:
Ibichukwu is not iboe.......no appointment for any iboe in this new dispensation....Biafra they want....Biafra they shall get.... cheesy

You're missing the point, aren't you?

Typical slave mentality

Aren't u worried that Even the SW (that feel included) is only worthy of producing a spokesman in Buhari's appointments so far

Open ur eyes dear

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by coolitempa(f): 12:32am On Aug 05, 2015
Rose2014:

You're missing the point, aren't you?

Typical slave mentality

Aren't u worried that Even the SW (that feel included) is only worthy of producing a spokesman in Buhari's appointments so far

Open ur eyes dear

See wailing wailer looking for partner in crime...... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Rose2014: 12:35am On Aug 05, 2015
coolitempa:

See wailing wailer looking for partner in crime...... cheesy

Yoruba? Be my partner?

Stop smoking weed pls

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Candyrain(m): 12:37am On Aug 05, 2015
Rose2014:
Now what I want to know is why people think SS should hold a thanksgiving service because NNPC appointment which should be their birthright anyway? Who should it have gone to before?

I believe the SWners don't care if the North takes up all the appointments going by their attitude on the appointments so far. I think they are contented with the fact that they contributed immensely in removing GEJ.

To your question, what more do you expect? SS is part of the 5% and they are expected to jump up and go for thanksgiving for having clinched the NNPC appointment. This can only happen in an insane country. Smh

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by coolitempa(f): 12:37am On Aug 05, 2015
Rose2014:

Yoruba? Be my partner?

Stop smoking weed pls

Go get ur Biafra......go n die...... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Rose2014: 12:39am On Aug 05, 2015
Candyrain:

I believe the SWners don't care if the North takes up all the appointments going by their attitude on the appointments so far. I think they are contented with the fact that they contributed immensely in removing GEJ.

To your question, what more do you expect? SS is part of the 5% and they are expected to jump up and go for thanksgiving for having clinched the NNPC appointment. This can only happen in an insane country. Smh

While going over their comments on how this is a great feat for SS, I was like 'are these guys high on ewedu?' undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Candyrain(m): 12:48am On Aug 05, 2015
Rose2014:

While going over their comments on how this is a great feat for SS, I was like 'are these guys high on ewedu?' undecided

Hahahaha... Ewedu has a way of making them have this orgasm and they lose their mind in the process. You just made me remember something I witnessed during my nysc in kwara state of a man eating his ewedu soup. OMG!!! It was so disgusting. Ewwww...

SW can turn blind eye to this lopsided appointments, it's their problem. We didn't vote for Buhari so we ain't expecting much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 05, 2015
Rose2014:

they are not high at all. They are simply wondering why would would crave for political positions when you are planning to secede. What's the point?

As for their non-chalance, I think it's pretty obvious that the yoruba's interests in politics have diminished. They do not see the value in it anymore. Instead, the focus is now shifting towards intellectual and technological pursuits. Igbo should do the same too. Don't you think?
I think the sweetest thing for a Yoruba is making it despite the state of the country. Such people are highly honored in the Yoruba culture.

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by UncleJudax(m): 1:05am On Aug 05, 2015
No matter how much I try not to comment on tribal related threads, sometimes I just cant help but call out the many one Nigeria chanters.

I don't understand why any person/tribe would so brazenly think it has the right to lord over others and term them second class.

The SS have failed to speak in unison. They are constantly reminded by some people how they were saved from some people. undecided

These self-acclaimed liberators always feel the need to taut the SS and remind them why they have to be loyal and prostrate to them for allowing them to have a say in 'one Nigeria'.

Thus, the latest episode, Mr Ibe's appointment, should not be an exception.
He is a 'second class' citizen and his people, once again, have to be grateful to the liberators for allowing their son to head NNPC, an institution that ironically exists almost exclusively because of them (SS).

Change is not only constant, but a must. The day of reckoning beckons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Candyrain(m): 1:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Teempakguy:
they are not high at all. They are simply wondering why would would crave for political positions when you are planning to secede. What's the point?

As for their non-chalance, I think it's pretty obvious that the yoruba's interests in politics have diminished. They do not see the value in it anymore. Instead, the focus is now shifting towards intellectual and technological pursuits. Igbo should do the same too. Don't you think?
I think the sweetest thing for a Yoruba is making it despite the state of the country. Such people are highly honored in the Yoruba culture.

Intellectual and technological pursuits? Seriously?

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by kokoA(m): 1:15am On Aug 05, 2015
Rose2014:

Imagine over 19 appointments and only 4 to whole south altogether but Yorubas don't see any problem with it. It beats my imagination

Now they want us to hold a thanksgiving service over NNPC appointment while witch hunting GEJ

Their son is not fit to be president and we should hold thanksgiving service over NNPC GMD
Such an insult

Just tell Buhari to hurry up with his campaign promises. The appointment ish is already boring
Who are the northerners replacing? So it was okay when it was southerners occupying those positions but it becomes an issue when northerners replace southerners. Mention all the appointments PMB has made so far and mention the names of the former occupants of those offices.

I'm not in support of any region marginalizing other regions but we have to be sincere when we talk about these issues. You're guilty of what you are acusing Baba of.

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Candyrain:

Intellectual and technological pursuits? Seriously?
yes. Seriously. Just because yoiu cannot notice it yet doesn't mean it's not happening. I am an avid follower of research trends in the Nigerian educational system and other systems in all, and trust me, the Yoruba tribe is upping their game. Both at home and abroad. smiley

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by UncleJudax(m): 1:21am On Aug 05, 2015
coolitempa:
The write up didn't suggest that Mr Emanuel Ibe is IGBO.
What? You couldn't read, or just failed to comprehend?

If how some people reason/talk on here mirrors their persona in 3D, then Nigeria is indeed, fuckkked.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Candyrain(m): 1:24am On Aug 05, 2015
Teempakguy:
yes. Seriously. Just because yoiu cannot notice it yet doesn't mean it's not happening. I am an avid follower of research trends in the Nigerian educational system and other systems in all, and trust me, the Yoruba tribe is upping their game. Both at home and abroad. smiley

Hahahahaha... All the best bro. That's all I can wish you.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by UncleJudax(m): 1:27am On Aug 05, 2015
kokoA:
Who are the northerners replacing? So it was okay when it was southerners occupying those positions but it becomes an issue when northerners replace southerners. Mention all the appointments PMB has made so far and mention the names of the former occupants of those offices.

I'm not in support of any region marginalizing other regions but we have to be sincere when we talk about these issues. You're guilty of what you are acusing Baba of.
I think you are not saying the truth. But for the sake of argument, what happened to CHANGE?
Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Candyrain(m): 1:47am On Aug 05, 2015
@Rose2014: We can argue this and ask questions from now till the world end, as long as SW is siding the North to maintain this present status quo, nothing is going to change. There was an article by one Ena Ofugara posted here on NL about two days ago, you'll get all the answers you seek from there. It's a pity we found ourselves in this situation.
Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 05, 2015
Candyrain:

Hahahahaha... All the best bro. That's all I can wish you.
okay then.

Candyrain:
@Rose2014: We can argue this and ask questions from now till the world end, as long as SW is siding the North to maintain this present status quo, nothing is going to change. There was an article by one Ena Ofugara posted here on NL about two days ago, you'll get all the answers you seek from there. It's a pity we found ourselves in this situation.
it is a pity indeed. However, I don't know why the Yorubas are discussing this issue so much. Perhaps they find it funny to make fun of the Igbos? grin
But seriously, no one likes what is going on. The yorubuas are only siding with the north to spite their Igbo counterparts. It's more like a lose-lose situation. Which is very sad, by the way.
Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by fegflu: 2:16am On Aug 05, 2015
I see tinubu hand in this guy emerging honestly. You remember tinubu first work in Exxon Mobil in Chicago.- and this guy also work in Exxon Mobil. This is not coincidence. He just brought his colleague in by referring the guy to Buhari or cutting a deal with Buhari either way. Thinking since This guy is Igbo , this will smokescreen the public opinion about his hand in it. This is 100 percent bola tinubu handpick. Only time will reveal this my prophecy.

Mark it
Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by azzima(m): 2:18am On Aug 05, 2015
Rose2014:

Such an insult

like Joe Igbokwe just rightly wrote, Yorubas want good governance over the "he is our own" syndrome. What did Jonathan do for Niger Delta for 6 years??

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Rose2014: 2:36am On Aug 05, 2015
Candyrain:
Please share the link, I missed that
Perhaps that'll help me understand somethings. I'm confused at all these
Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by jumpandpass: 2:47am On Aug 05, 2015
angry
Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Rose2014: 2:51am On Aug 05, 2015
jumpandpass:
[color=#006600][/color]

Imagine that Yorubas are contended that out of the first 15 appointments, the only thing they're worthy of is spokesman while the rest went to north.
For them as long as Igbos don't get any, they're happy with any crumbs from the masters table.
4appointments for the whole of south and Yorubas are having orgasm

#shrugs#

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by ITSAWRAPP: 2:52am On Aug 05, 2015
Waiting patiently for the ministerial list before requesting for a refund of my vote and campaign fund sad angry
Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by Rose2014: 2:54am On Aug 05, 2015
ITSAWRAPP:
Waiting patiently for the ministerial list before requesting for a refund of my vote and campaign fund sad angry

Are u among the 5% or 97%? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by jumpandpass: 2:54am On Aug 05, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
coolitempa:

Stop being silly. angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Appointment: Before We Forget by jumpandpass: 3:18am On Aug 05, 2015
Rose2014:

Imagine that Yorubas are contended that out of the first 15 appointments, the only thing they're worthy of is spokesman while the rest went to north.
For them as long as Igbos don't get any, they're happy with any crumbs from the masters table.
4appointments for the whole of south and Yorubas are having orgasm

#shrugs#

It's such a shame and so much for the change warriors. The truth is that whoever sees nothing wrong in this current progression of things is either a hypocrite or a slave.

Time will tell...

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From Anambra Rice Factory / BIAFRA. Massive No Election Rally In Awka Today. VIDEO / INEC Declares PDP winner in Taraba Gubernatorial Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.