Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted (12571 Views)

Nigerian Governors At Presidential Inauguration In Niger Republic (pix) / Assessment Of Some Nigerian Governors In The Year 2015 - Moses Ochonu / Nigerian Governors Meet In Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Roscodaddy(m): 12:05am On Sep 29, 2006
How come you are so so tribalistic,it  shows from what you are typing,check this out,Obj can decide to do anything he wants because he has nothing to lose,since he is going to hand over,what I am saying is simple,on that particular account Atiku is been indicted,it shows clearly that Obj also gained from the account so who is judging who,well you only read all those cheap news paper PM NEWS AND ALL THAT BECAUSE IF YOU ARE IN THIS COUNTRY,YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON,I am sure you must have benefited from PDP poverty programme,idiot.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Roscodaddy(m): 12:12am On Sep 29, 2006
Oh you are not in Nigeria,then you have no idea of what you are talking about,how come we make so much noise about all the money we have in our foreign reserves and yet we have no full functional refinery,this is the only country that has oil and still imports fuel,also we do not have steady power,imagine say Nepa still dey take light,check out our roads and see how bad they are,who is to take responsibilty of such failures,is it my dead father or yours,we had a man for 7 years and some months,what good did he do for us,imagine how many times he increasd the price of fuel that has made the commmon man to suffer,what are you even saying about stealing,come back home and see what people are going through instead of yarning dust,is it to live on welfare that you prefer,is OBJ son's not known as the only authentic business man from Nigeria,go get your facts straight,I will like you to come home and see what is gioing on.Do not rely on one sided story.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 12:14am On Sep 29, 2006
Roscodaddy:

How come you are so so tribalistic,it  shows from what you are typing,check this out,Obj can decide to do anything he wants because he has nothing to lose,since he is going to hand over,what I am saying is simple,on that particular account Atiku is been indicted,it shows clearly that Obj also gained from the account so who is judging who,well you only read all those cheap news paper PM NEWS AND ALL THAT BECAUSE IF YOU ARE IN THIS COUNTRY,YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON,I am sure you must have benefited from PDP poverty programme,idiot.

In case you directed the above post to me. yes i have benefited and yet i live in a foreign land all becos of wanting a greener pasture. so who is the idiot between u and i? a normal mind orger than urs that is very abnormal would see this.
to drive home the fact that u have schrezophenia that is on the break, why would someone dat has less than a year left want to put his life at a risk by exposing criminals? how does he not have anything to loose by exposing them? does that not contradict ur view tht he has stolen monies? or why would he steal monies in the first place if he knows he would probably be killed by the pple whose sins he has exposed or even be jailed for his own corrupt activities after his reign.? this to me shows someone that has a lot to loose. every one likes life and want to live. so obj does really have lots to loose becos he is soon going to shed off all the proctective shields he has round him now. not disappointed with ur post. u proved urself as a dumb once again.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 12:17am On Sep 29, 2006
@ronkebaby and her cohorts
i'm really killin myself with laughter here.
i guess u r feelin that u are brialliant, wen u sed u can see i'm not that brilliant.and u still come add say okonjo iweala resigned for some allegation u mention(lol)if the fight aginst corruption was really true.that's going along with your point.she would have been arrested and made to refund the money.and

brilliant gurl i wonder wetin make u feel say okonjo iweala.dey do employment(roflmao)why is there civil service commission.them tell u say she dey employ her relatives.ehwo.na pple like u.sense nor jst do @ all.

okonjo iweala left because,illegal withdrawal's were made thru her ministry(finance)and from the excess crude oil accounts with no approval from the senate.she didn't want to be part of the mess that was coming up so she washed her hands of the activities.

and bushgurl.obj has an economic team which u probably don't know abt and they bworked together for debt cancellation so she would have inflated with out the likes of those in the economkic team el-rufai and co.

inshort short sightedness for your views jst dey make me laugh.were u dey get your info from.eh be like na city pple.shey.lmao na wah to you oh
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 12:17am On Sep 29, 2006
l left niaja just in 04 and u don't have to be in naija to know what goes on. i call naija every other day, have families come over too and yet the internet makes the world a global village.
all those problems u highlighted are the reasons why we have to support this war against corruption. that is the reward of living in a country where corruption is the way of life.
till tomorow, am out of here!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 12:22am On Sep 29, 2006
don jazzie

so you can't influence unemployment in the civil service commision? u are a dunce to think personals aids of ministers are appointed for them. do ur research very well.
would answer u beter 2morrow as i am supposed to be in bed now. u can sieze this opportunity to do some yahoo/google search to enlighten ur brain.

goodnight!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 12:26am On Sep 29, 2006
u wan tot know why obj has a yr or less left.is doing all this.wen the issue of third term came up he didn't believe in his wildest dreams that it would fail.his beef is dat atiku fought against his third term ambition to be president so he dosent want to see atiku b president wen he eventually leaves.and he want's to be like a God father wen he leaves office but the irony of it all is dat wen he eventually leaves he's going back to were he came from to be president and dat na JENTE.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Roscodaddy(m): 12:29am On Sep 29, 2006
I can see you are just like the other section of the yorubaS that makes so much mouth and no action,why did you leave your country for greener pastures abi,why did  you not wait here till NAIJA GETS BETTER,come back home and serve you so called motherland if you know you love the country so much,in 1998,Ob had nothing to his name save that big parcel of land he stole from Nigeria,he was indebted to some banks,now 7 years later check how much he is worth,bj holdings,a modernised farm,Bells school up to University level,a construction firm and 200 million shares in transcorp,how did he get all these ,even Clinton did not have such,these are the ones we know what about the ones we don;t know ,see forget the fact that you call home,just come back,come and work here,.Olodo
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Roscodaddy(m): 12:32am On Sep 29, 2006
I can see you are just like the other section of the yorubaS that makes so much mouth and no action,why did you leave your country for greener pastures abi,why did  you not wait here till NAIJA GETS BETTER,come back home and serve you so called motherland if you know you love the country so much,in 1998,Ob had nothing to his name save that big parcel of land he stole from Nigeria,he was indebted to some banks,now 7 years later check how much he is worth,bj holdings,a modernised farm,Bells school up to University level,a construction firm and 200 million shares in transcorp,how did he get all these ,even Clinton did not have such,these are the ones we know what about the ones we don;t know ,see forget the fact that you call home,just come back,come and work here,I will pay for your ticket and get you hooked u pobably in Atku's office.Olodo
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 12:37am On Sep 29, 2006
omo eh b like u need som update engine in lifer because ever since u left 9ja u never do any update.

what do you understand by politicail appointment?
them tell you say civil service commission they handle their employment?
eh b like you know kno say every minister get i'm own fair share of pple wey him go appoint to work with.

common gurl go get an update.for ur life i'll also recommend u install a search engine.so dat u go kno wetin time
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 12:59am On Sep 29, 2006
daddyrasco
abeg tell make she hear becuz she b like one of those people wey ear dey pain.so she nor dey hear word.lol.bumboclat
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by superman(m): 2:46am On Sep 29, 2006
now EFFC here we go! now your listen carefully we no get time to waste chairman no bi am.

these fools should refund all they ve stole and their investment and properties seized afterward they shuold be sent to jail in china or india to rust for good!

i think thats a warning shot to all the fuckeries out there underground!

never worri ! down with soldier mentality as talk is too cheap.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by zebudaya(m): 4:31am On Sep 29, 2006
make una leave ronkebaby alone, all three of you are making sensible points but you are so busy playing Win/lose. In conclusion

Everybody steals but some are stealing more than others.
In the Bible Whenever Israel sinned God used Assyrians, and Cannanites to punish them, whenever Israel did good, God used them to inflict havoc on Assyria and Cannan, so make Obasanjo Inflict havoc on all those state governors until his judgement day (obasanjo's) comes!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ono(m): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2006
How is it that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan' name is not on that list? His wife was fingered by the EFCC for corrupt enrichment, recently.

I still dey look as events unfolds.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 7:53am On Sep 29, 2006
don jazzie

brilliant girl i wonder wetin make u feel say okonjo iweala.dey do employment(roflmao)why is there civil service commission.them tell u say she dey employ her relatives.ehwo.na people like u.sense nor jst do @ all.

what do you understand by politicail appointment?
them tell you say civil service commission they handle their employment?
eh b like you know kno say every minister get i'm own fair share of people wey him go appoint to work with

you've just butressed my opinion about u. see the two contradictory statements you made above. u really need to work on the state of your brain!!! tongue
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 8:00am On Sep 29, 2006
Roscodaddy

How come you are so so tribalistic

See a pot calling a kettle black. it shows you do really have a dense brain. who is tribalistic here? pple like u with small brains are always quick to introduce inflamatory angles to discussions. you have probably not been reading my posts, otherwise you would have seen me make mention of my own state governor that is being indicted - ayo fayose. is he ibo or hausa. no wonder your own governor dey chop u dry! ayo tried it in ekiti, and ekitis be who we are, are proud to expose him!!!
so mike adenuga is not yoruba or fasawe, atiku's friend? you must be a fanatic always looking for a means of setting the country on fire with ur tribal views. to you everything must be tribalized. shioooooooooooooooo!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Afam(m): 10:33am On Sep 29, 2006
Nigeria needs a completely deaf president.

Nothing pleases us.

Maybe until OBJ takes a stroll from Aso Rock to Kirikiri, Nigerians won't be happy.

I am in full support of the EFCC even though its fight is selective. Selective fight against corruption is 100% better than no fight at all.

If we have been seeing this type of selective fight against corruption for the past 20 years, Nigeria would have been a whole lot better.

For those that never see anything good about the EFCC, may we know what you want the government to do now? Scrap EFCC or let them be?

Maybe answers to such a question will help us know where these guys are coming from.

I find it hard to believe that a Nigerian that knows what corruption has done to the very fabric of this country will be rubbishing the EFCC's fight against corruption even if selective.

Corruption kills more people than any known weapons because while the number of deaths can be counted even in a war situation, the voiceless victims of corruption die in millions and nobody is counting.

The able bodied and intelligent young men selling sweets or pure water on the road may have been doing something better.

That child that rushes to clean the big man's wind shield for N10.00 when he or she should have been in school is a victim of the atrocities of these men being exposed by EFCC.

That our roads are not working, power supply epilieptic, health system near decay are as a direct consequence of corruption.

We need completely deaf leaders because Nigerians are highly inconsistent, insatiable and difficult.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2006
Afam

Thanks o for that post. the efcc haters like don jazzie and his friend Roscodaddy need to hear this. e day pain them well well that a wind of change is blowing in nigeria and it is no longer biz as usual.
whether atiku like they said is being persecuted becos of third term or not, the fact remains it takes something for another thing to start. anyhow or any form it takes, what majority are saying is that we are happy efcc is doing a good work. maybe they would have preferred atiku to be spared becos he is anti third term and them get himself through dubious means to be elected as the president and continue with his thieving style.
the essence of criminal justice is even that it's a few caught in a criminal offence that would be used as scapegoats for the others. it is not possible to catch all thieves, but then the few that are caught send the message loud and clear to the others that there is fire on the mountain, so ,
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by MAligbe(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2006
Yes Sir, That is my point. Atleast someone is fighting this evil called Curruption. OBJ could have done thesame thing every other President did, steal and move on or stay on.

Even if at the end he is affected, to me he will be even braver because he had the will to fight something he did.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Roscodaddy(m): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2006
Don Jazzie,he be like say when people manage try cross that airport for Ikeja dem eye dey blind,Ronkebaby,are you saying that obj is not corrupt,in the past did you hear anything about obj farms,it was quoted that he is making 1 million naira from that farm alone,please how and when,well I don't blame you,cos your brain is as small as your you know what.How foolish of you to think that only the ones under obj are the rogues,what about him,stop giving excuses come back home to work and let me know if you would survive here,I am not saying that corruption is good but obj should admit that he too has helped himself to the nation's purse.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donmayor(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2006
How can u say OBJ did not loot the treasury? I know it wasn't expressly stated that way but it's time Nigerians find their voice and stop accepting half jobs. Nigeria has never had it so good in terms of oil money. Oil prices have never been this high before and OBJ's government is the government that has had the highest amount of cash passing through it's hands yet there is no major infrastructural dvelopment. Look at the middle east where they depend on oil money, they are carrying massive expansion of their airports and airways, their roads are wow, lights and internet working properly. Look at Nigeria where we also depend on oil money, no good roads (even if they claim to repair it, 6 months time it's bad e.g presidential route), for 7 years they have been tryin to fix NEPA but it's as bad as when Abacha was there, in that 7 years they might have built a nuclear plant angry, universities are not better, there is no accountability in government ("Atiku's fraud" was not commited in a year's period). And u say OBJ is not a fraud, a criminal and a thief? He has increased the fuel price to levels unbelievable 5 years ago and we export so much oil but no changes. Nigeria is being raped daily and just because EFCC pulls a few stunts we shout to commend OBJ. Isn't it the same OBJ that yesterday said the so called EFCC allegations are spurious at the PDP NEC? If EFCC was being empowered to fight this war won't OBJ say EFCC has made some serious allegations and the government is going to pursue it to a logical conclusion? Doesn't this show that it is only what baba has seen and approved of that EFCC is meant to talk about and fight? We are easily deceived in Nigeria and it would continue until men of integrity get to power and independent bodies monitor the affairs of our government. May all the enemies of Nigeria, raping Nigeria die a violent death angry. Amen
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2006
donmayor

So in essence, Obj should hands off this corruption war?

From my own understanding i think Obj disburses monies to ministries, states and local governments from the federal account on a monthly basis. So how can he be held responsible if ur state or local government chairman for instance deliver on their election promises? I am he sees the rot in the polity, that is why the rogues in government have to be taught a lesson.

secondly atiku is the chairman of the privatization exercise. it was discovered that the monies meant to affect pple's lives, he chose to distribute between his friends and personal businesses. maybe if he was not too greedy but had used a little of these monies to provide infrastrutures and revamp NEPA (understand it has a new name) for instance, things would have been better for u and i

lastly, i still prefer obj government to the others before him for the singular reason that he is the first person bold enough to prosecute the nigeria untouchables and show an interest in getting rid of corruption in our country. that alone is a legacy and don't be surprised if nigerians forgive him whatever sins he might have committed becos of this. remember pple say ibb would have put his name in history in a favourable manner had it been he did not annul the june 12 election. pple were really ready to overlook his faults had it been he transfered power genuinely to civillians. This is also the singular reason why abubakar's name doesn't seem to elicit much hatred from pple despite his government's corruption, judged to even be worse than that of his previous i.e. abacha becos he transfered power to the pple. As for me i am proud of obj for what he is doing. a lot of interesting dramas are unfolding before my very eyes. my state governor - fayose for instance is being dealt with like a criminal that he is. he at least is one of the scapegoats!!!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2006
I meant to write this.

From my own understanding i think Obj disburses monies to ministries, states and local governments from the federal account on a monthly basis. So how can he be held responsible if your state or local government chairman for instance fails to deliver on their election promises? I am sure he sees the rot in the polity, that is why the rogues in government have to be taught a lesson.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Kajiang02(m): 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2006
Orji Uzor kalu is on dat list cos he challenged obj 2 declare his assets which of cause he(obj) wouldnt.We all know he was very rich b4 becomin a Gov. and hes one of d only Govs who declare the spendings of the states money so far.
Ibori and Igbenedion shuld b hung 2 a stake and suffer lik fools,
Donald duke is a wolf in sheep clothing.i say dis cos he's my state Gov.
U'ld nt know until u go realy deep
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Jaybaba(m): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2006
The EFCC is a gestapo force! What we want is a more transparent anti-corruption body whose chairman or dg would be appointed by the senate and ratified by the supreme to serve 2years and the president or vp has no say in his appointment or proceedings and such a person will be seen be running an organisation that truly investigates people and prosecutes them. To start with, past leaders down to present. If this department were to exist, we would see corruption being fought. EFCC is even corrupt, they take bribes. They do no respect court orders, they have no respect for due process. Their selectiveness in fighting corruption goes to prove that they are puppets or hypocrites. And for crying out loud these stunts are the very obvious manipulations of the poor manipulator OBJ.

Im try manipulate 3rd term, e no fit, e don dey try remove Atiku wen be thief like am but, he is not intelligent at all. Atiku will outwit him and OBJ will be left with nothing than to put him where Bola Ige, Funsho Williams and others are and then, some people wen go look for greener pasture eye and ear go open.

EFCC my arse! Which wind of change? If there were, OBJ should answer these questions: How did OBJ holdings raise money to buy 200milion shares in Transcorp? How many eggs & chiken did they force on COJA? Why did he remove Audu Ogbeh after receiving his letter? How come he was in debt until 1999 and now OBJ farms is doing well? When I get believable answers to these, I will ask more.

OBJ is busy trying to find a puppet he can godfather but too bad, he is not as skilful as maradona or Okocha in politics, he does not even have true loyal supporters, you will all see what Fani Kayode will do, few months from now.

OBJ and EFCC will all go down to kiri-kiri.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donmayor(m): 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2006
Why then did OBJ say the allegations are spurious and the governors shuld not pay attention. Read today's punch
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Afam(m): 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2006
Suddenly, Nigerians want an independent and saintlike EFCC that is flawless when they have endured brazen looting of public treasury without anyone challenging the looters all their lives in Nigeria.

Anybody looking for the most difficult people to satisfy in the world? Come down to Nigeria!

Even if OBJ goes to jail tomorrow his place in the history of the country cannot be debated even if it is just for the courage to fight corruption.

It is on record that others chose to do otherwise.

Maybe those that are affected by the current fight that is making it difficult for fraudulent people to make quick more are the most disturbed.

Even in the developed world, you do not have flawless and impartial law enforcement agencies but here we are looking for one just because someone took the bold step to challenge corruption even if he is corrupt himself.

Someone must start it and that is what OBJ has done. Do we have any clean person in the corridors of power today?

If yes, name the person.

If no, then why should we be sad that someone has decided to begin a fight that will mean well for Nigeria on the long run?

As they say, the enemies of this great country lie within.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by joelmo(m): 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2006
Is Ribadu the EFCC boss a police commissioner or army colonel (rtd)
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donmayor(m): 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2006
oof course even Abacha's place in history cannot be debated. Everyone knows we cannot get a saint out of an morally bankrupt country.Every past government had it's own way of fighting corruption. Abacha's own was the strike force, he had a different definition of corruption while that of OBJ is EFCC cos his recent utterance shows that he is lord of EFCC.We should commend EFCC for tryin to expose some high profile cases but do u want to tell me they can't do better? Why are we scared of embarrasing thieves in Nigeria? I'm enjoying the circus and I can see the tricks are really deceiving.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by IykeD1(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2006
Kajiang02,

It looks like you have formed your own EFCC, maybe we should call it KEFCC.
You have single-handedly given Orji Kalu a clean bill of health and condemned
Duke right from your bedroom. By the way, EFCC thought it was the other way
around.

Even the EFCC is not talking about "hanging" anybody like you want to do to
both Ibori and Igbinedion. I guess you have investigated them, found them
culpable and has decided that the punishment is death by hanging.

Finally, don't fool yourself to believing that because one is rich before entering
a political office, they can not be corrupt or get corrupted. Haven't you heard
that businesses fail? Of course, if that business was built on political access,
and that access is gone, the entire thing could be in jeopardy, it could happen
you know,
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Chxta(m): 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2006
Afam:

Suddenly, Nigerians want an independent and saintlike EFCC that is flawless when they have endured brazen looting of public treasury without anyone challenging the looters all their lives in Nigeria.

Anybody looking for the most difficult people to satisfy in the world? Come down to Nigeria!

Even if OBJ goes to jail tomorrow his place in the history of the country cannot be debated even if it is just for the courage to fight corruption.

It is on record that others chose to do otherwise.

Maybe those that are affected by the current fight that is making it difficult for fraudulent people to make quick more are the most disturbed.

Even in the developed world, you do not have flawless and impartial law enforcement agencies but here we are looking for one just because someone took the bold step to challenge corruption even if he is corrupt himself.

Someone must start it and that is what OBJ has done. Do we have any clean person in the corridors of power today?

If yes, name the person.

If no, then why should we be sad that someone has decided to begin a fight that will mean well for Nigeria on the long run?

As they say, the enemies of this great country lie within.

Excellent post!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2006
well ronkebaby  
by now u shud have opened your eyes to the the other posts on this thread.need i say more for your locked up brain to open and catch wat really happenin than your ridiculous persecpective of happenins in nigeria

yesterday @ PDP NEC meeting atiku was suspended and ronkebaby's saint obj told governor's that were indicted that nothing substantial has been found against them.except 2 or three of them.

i wonder why the saint obasanjo has no seen any subsatantial evidence aginst this governors after ribadu told a full house of the senate that.local government funds have been tampered with by 31 state governors.

if OBj want to fight corruption all i expect him to do is lay his filthy hands off corruption as well and face the fight squarely.it's annoying when you see keetle callin the pot black

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inec Rules Out Election In Michika, Madagali / Forgery: Saraki And Ekweremadu’s Arraignment Is Today / Open Grazing Ban: We’re Open For Discussion, Miyetti Allah Tells Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.