Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder (660 Views)

Edo Yahoo Boys Pay Ritualists To Help Them Kill Police Informant - Facebook User / Police Charge Unmarried Man With Adultery, Collect N10,000 Bribe at ATM (Pic) / My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by missbehave247(m): 6:43am On Aug 06, 2015
Twelve men, including a traditional ruler, Chief Nojeem Abioye, have been arraigned by the police over the death of one Alhaji Olatunji Rasak, touted as an informant of the police and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Rasak, aka Alhaji Gay, a hotelier with an alleged reputation for homosexuality, was reportedly murdered during a riot on July 20, 2015, in the Alagbado area of Lagos State.

Abioye, the Baale of Temidire Alagbado, allegedly spearheaded the protest which occasioned the death of Alhaji Gay and one Ganiyu Adebayo, said to be son of a landlord in Alagbado.

The riot had reportedly started shortly after a meeting of landlords and community leaders in Alagbado, who were aggrieved by Alhaji Gay’s alleged land grabbing activities in the area.

The unrest was said to have started when Alhaji Gay’s thugs engaged some youths in the area shortly after the elders’ meeting on July 20.

The traditional ruler, Abioye, was on Tuesday arraigned along with his son, Ganiyu and 10 others before the Lagos State Magistrates’ Court in Igbosere.

The accused were arraigned by the police on five counts of conspiracy, rioting, malicious damage, arson and murder.

The 10 others who were arraigned alongside the traditional ruler and his son were Adeola Ogungbade, 37; Ogundare Ogunsanya, 63; Olanlerewaju Ololade, 62; and Bello Lasisi, 60. Others were 54-year-old Ajani Kasali; Oyedele Musiliu, 64; Jonathan Sanyaolu, 68; Taoreed Bakare, 61; Olaidi Albert, 66; and Wahab Abioye, 38.
In one of the counts, the police prosecutor, J.I. Enang, alleged that the accused “unlawfully caused the death of one Alhaji Rasaki Olaniyi Olatunji, aka Tunji Alaso, by shooting him with a gun and also attacking him with other weapons, and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.”

The men were also accused of forming “an unlawful assembly and acting in a disorderly manner to disturb the peace of the community and its environs, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 45(2) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.”

Enang also charged the 12 accused with malicious damage and arson, saying that they were liable to punishment under Section 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.

When the charges were read to the accused before the court, presided over by Mrs. O.M. Ajayi, they all pleaded not guilty.

Ajayi remanded the suspect in prison pending the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions on the matter.

Cc:lalasticlala

Source: http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-charge-traditional-ruler-others-with-informants-murder/

Re: Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by sentaljohn(m): 6:44am On Aug 06, 2015
i taya for traditional rulers oo..Gone are those days when they are respected. they should know they don't have authority like b4.......imagine my village king during last election, he ordered somebody to be writing down the names of people that didn't vote for the party of his choice...just imagine
Re: Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by Oche211(m): 6:45am On Aug 06, 2015
K
Re: Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by INTROVERT(f): 6:45am On Aug 06, 2015
[quote author=sentaljohn post=36656349]i[/quote
isn't this old news
Re: Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by boboLIL(m): 6:46am On Aug 06, 2015
Alhaji gay?? Hmmmm

Notin to comment sha oh
Re: Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by weyreypey: 6:47am On Aug 06, 2015
Joke of a police force

Abeg I will like to charge that officer for treasonable felony for wasting taxpayers money on this joke!
Viazi please advice
Re: Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by kossyablaze(m): 6:49am On Aug 06, 2015
Nice

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by bewla(m): 7:12am On Aug 06, 2015
u c. my country police
Re: Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by EmmyBoy2(m): 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
boboLIL:
Alhaji gay?? Hmmmm

Notin to comment sha oh
grin
Re: Police Charge Traditional Ruler, Others With Informant’s Murder by EmmyBoy2(m): 4:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
boboLIL:
Alhaji gay?? Hmmmm

Notin to comment sha oh
grin

(1) (Reply)

Pirates Attack Military Base In Nigeria, 5 Dead / Man Impersonating Ex-lagos Police Commissioner Nabbed / Son Spent His Inheritance Proving His Father Was Guilty Of Murdering His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.