Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks (59343 Views)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / 16 moments those depositing money in the bank can Relate To. (pics) / Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2015
For sale
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Sanchez01: 9:15am On Aug 06, 2015
From observation. ATMs that allow cash deposit have two cash slots. One for withdrawal and the other for deposit. I've seen some in some First Bank outlets.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by HirstMOG(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2015
This has been happpening over a year now in Lagos. I first experienced it 2012 in Abj at Bannex.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by happney65: 9:16am On Aug 06, 2015
jcmaiah:
What are they paying the tellers for? Na them go collect my money!

Yes boss..Who get time for rubbish kee.. grin
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by MrCork: 9:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:
There new method of depositing cash in Banks is either the use of ATM.
I witnessed this last week Friday at a GTBank and the practice has not stopped.
But I don't think other banks have started this.

How it works:
* You can use it to deposit N10,000 and below. The denominations must be in N500 or N1,000.

* To deposit, you have to type the banks general pin of 0000 and press the action. eg: deposit. Then you ll type the account number to deposit the cash, the phone number of the depositor. The machine will open its deposit hole and instruct you to place in your cash and you ll type the amount you are sending.

* It will notify you by showing you the full names and account number of the recipient which you ll v to confirm with the yes or no buttons.

* After this, the machine will credit the account of the receiver.

Note:
You must arrange your cash in a straight way so that it can enter the machine. Failure to do this will result in cash ejection. During this process, your cash may get rough or torn.
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.

Cc: Lalasticlala

...WOW...u people hav cash point machine in Nigeria? ...SHOCKED!!!!! undecided
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by DollyParton1(f): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2015
So this is just getting to naija. And it made news.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by magabounce(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Soft!!!!!
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Lol
khassy:
UBA bank no fit get this kind tin

usele.ss bank undecidedundecided
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Noted
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by honeric01(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Risky and unsafe fo naw..I prefer to go inside the bank..please..I don't like stories that touches the heart

What makes it risky? been using it for more than a year now.

@op..

Wrong, you can deposit more than #10k at a time, all you need do is make sure you put 20 notes of either #1k or #500 at a time.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Pierocash(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2015
old news. Access Bank in Portharcourt here has been using it since 500bc
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by honeric01(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Osyxcel:
This has been on for a time now, and the service is only offered by GTBank, not all banks, so the title is misleading.

Anyway, I prefer to give my money to a human teller and not a machine teller than can malfunction. I don't machines that much yet.

Not only GTB, Sterling now offer it.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by idongesit88: 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
veekid:
e no new to me jor

u can deposit more than 10,000 contrary to what the op said, the machine is not even ATM, na deposit machine dem dey call am cos it can't dispense, it has been programmed only to deposit and not to dispense.

na only GTB get am sha
Osyxcel:
This has been on for a time now, and the service is only offered by GTBank, not all banks, so the title is misleading.
Anyway, I prefer to give my money to a human teller and not a machine teller than can malfunction. I don't machines that much yet.
first bank uses it 2 in AKS
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by opmoore(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
This OP is a novice sha...The method is Old as Buhari...same way you can withdraw from The ATM without using ur ATM Card...Moreover the method I'd not exclusive to GTBank alone.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by ojnnaco(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
First bank has been doing this since decade mehnnnn!!!!
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by noblegrex: 9:18am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:
* You can use it to deposit N10,000 and below. The denominations must be in N500 or N1,000.

* To deposit, you have to type the banks general pin of 0000 and press the action. eg: deposit. Then you ll type the account number to deposit the cash, the phone number of the depositor. The machine will open its deposit hole and instruct you to place in your cash and you ll type the amount you are sending.

* It will notify you by showing you the full names and account number of the recipient which you ll v to confirm with the yes or no buttons.

Note:
You must arrange your cash in a straight way so that it can enter the machine. Failure to do this will result in cash ejection. During this process, your cash may get rough or torn.
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.is it for only deposit or both cash n deposit matchine.

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by delezac(m): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2015
This has been in existence for some years now..are you a learner?
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by dayojags10(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2015
I don try am before,very risky. Gtbank wey they carwash bus-stop along Egbeda still chop my #2500 till today. No try am ooh

1 Like

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by 9jatatafo(m): 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
Have seen it for over a year now.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by babyfaceafrica: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
honeric01:

What makes it risky? been using it for more than a year now.

@op..

Wrong, you can deposit more than #10k at a time, all you need do is make sure you put 20 notes of either #1k or #500 at a time.
good for you...I prefer old school
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by chemmerfrank(m): 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
I dey use voice command pay..here in pluto
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
I've heard of it but never used it.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Happiness87(f): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:

Note:
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.

its not new, its getting to 2years now, only GtB has the machine, its only for deposits no withdrawals.

the machine rejects soft notes and notes that has cellotapes on it
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:

Note:
Last Bullet

Mtcheeew. Pics or Idontbelieveit
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by damiloladuke: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2015
ITS BEEN LONG SINCE I KNEW ABOUT THIS, BUT ITS QUITE FOR THE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE ONLY LIKE US

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by dearie(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:

Note:
Last Bullet

It's not new though...Thanks for the information.

Check out My signature for banking news.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by olufemide: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2015
First Bank was the first to introduce the deposit machines... This has been on for more than 3years. You may try any of the branches on the Lagos - Abeokuta expressway(e.g Oke-Odo branch, Abule Egba branch etc) of first bank
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by gary400(m): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2015
oti wa tipe...first bank introduced it first....i used it while I was in mapoly abk around panseke 2 yrs ago....
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by awesometed(m): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2015
Access Bank Maitama here in Abj have been doing it close to a month now, op stop making it look like its only a GTB thing ok.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by olufemide: 9:23am On Aug 06, 2015
First Bank was the first to introduce the deposit machines... This has been on for more than 3years. You may try any of the branches on the Lagos - Abeokuta expressway(e.g Oke-Odo branch, Abule Egba branch etc) of first bank
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 06, 2015
Awon late comer. embarassed since when?
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by matingo(f): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2015
I no dy queue for bank b4, I use my atm to transfer to any account I wish to credit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.