Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (28839 Views)

"3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Tallesty1(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
How is it your fault? ?
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Will make this very brief, 3 months ago i joined my friend at his place of work, with his help i was able to be employed there.

It all started with the manager complaining about my friend's work style and always comparing him with me, despite the fact they don't know we are close pals and we live together, this really get me worried he is not so good on computers yet they kept comparing him to me, always saying he's not fast enough, and later after some weeks the boss concluded he's withdrawing the appointment of some workers due to shortage in patronage, to my disbelieve my friend name was among the 14 workers discharged, and ever since then he not been talking to me in the house, he kept mute even when I try talking to him, now I've decided to quit the work at month end, for the sake of peace between us.

Though I have no other means yet but you know that feelings when someone you always talk to just begin to act strange and wouldn't release his anger by speaking just looking since his fired.........

Please what can I do? Should I quit the job as well?

If you quit, he wouldn't still talk to you.

You weren't responsible for his temporary misfortune.

Move away to your own place as soon as you can.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by BE811APP: 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Why should u
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by GodblessNig247(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
u dont have to quit. Be nice to him. He would definitely get over it. Is absolutely natural bro. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by zicoraads: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Am using an I pad to browse... It's really cool grin grin
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Will make this very brief, 3 months ago i joined my friend at his place of work, with his help i was able to be employed there.

It all started with the manager complaining about my friend's work style and always comparing him with me, despite the fact they don't know we are close pals and we live together, this really get me worried he is not so good on computers yet they kept comparing him to me, always saying he's not fast enough, and later after some weeks the boss concluded he's withdrawing the appointment of some workers due to shortage in patronage, to my disbelieve my friend name was among the 14 workers discharged, and ever since then he not been talking to me in the house, he kept mute even when I try talking to him, now I've decided to quit the work at month end, for the sake of peace between us.

Though I have no other means yet but you know that feelings when someone you always talk to just begin to act strange and wouldn't release his anger by speaking just looking since his fired.........

What you should do is to stay away from the guy if he refuses your hand of friendship. It is not your fault if he refuses to develop himself, you want to drag urself down because of someone elses inadequacies?? Have you heard of the saying, misery loves company? Develop urself and grow, we all have individual destinies to fulfil. if it was ur wife now, its a different thing, no let me konk you o abeg.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Duru009(m): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pls dont try it dear. You might regret it.
Its not your fault.
If you do it. You will certainly regret it.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by emmalexabl(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Op do you copy....please don't quit the job and i repeat again dont quit. Your competence kept u at the job but his incompetence got him sacked.You can assist him financially as much as you can for the time...... While making arrangement for accommodation.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Emilokoiyawon: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
grin Quit now so that TWO people instead of ONE will be JOBLESS grin Shay oro ni eleyi so bayi? grin

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by lanreashabanti: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
YES
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by eazzzy1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2015

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
This is one major reason some folks don't like helping people to their workplace. Try to work something good for your friend.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by MrsAnyanwu(f): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kingsasian:
It isn't your fault. You should talk to him and let him see reasons with you. I believe if he was to be in your shoes he won't quit because you were fired. God used that visit to grant you what you have been praying for which is a job. If you quit the job because of him now what makes you think he will reconcile with you? Will you be happy to call him a friend if he reconciles after quitting? Don't live your life to please others. true friend will always be with you both in good and bad times. For him to be angry at your success shows that He isn't a true friend.
my dear u just said d truth, Op pls take dis advice, somtn quite similar happened to my elder bro too, his neighbour while in school,had a job , so dere was an opening,he informed my bro, my bro now got d job in d same company with his neighbour, the MD picked interest in my bro nd started taking him along to some meetings, dis his friend became jealous all of a sudden nd started embarrassing my elder bro in d presence of his juniors in d office, my bro said he would quit, I told him for what, why do u want to quit, cos of d embarrassment,I told him to stay in dat company, fortunately for my bro, he got another job offer nd left, Op pls like I said take dat advice, God bless

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Laredojohn(m): 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
You dnt need quit your job, just join hands with him to search and get a berra job, sure he wil change his mood soon...just get along with him and also help search for a better job for him.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by eazzzy1(m): 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Femolacaster(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:
grin Quit now so that TWO people instead of ONE will be JOBLESS grin Shay oro ni eleyi so bayi? grin

Exactly my thought!

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by talk2riel: 5:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
millionboi:
Be giving him half of ur salary........
You really have sense.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by greatiyk4u(m): 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
Instead of quitting ur job place ur friend on monthly allowance say 20 percent of ur salary until he finds another job.........its not ur fault......his incompetence cost him his job
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Bdemmy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Do not quit your job o!

the best you can do is to always support him whenever your salary is paid and as much as possible let him know that you regret his job loss.

With time, he'll soon be under financial pressure and would be needing help. Please always be humble while you assist him.

Also, try and see if you can help him get another job if you can. He'll eventually appreciate you and will be willing to make sacrifices for you too - just like you are willing to do for him right now.

if you quit your job, both of you will end up hating each other.

His bitterness is normal. It's a difficult time for him. But the reality is that: IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. Of course he'll soon realize and apologise.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by dammytosh: 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

It is not your fault. They could have sacked him even if he did not help him.

If i were you i will seat him down and tell him to thank God that I was in before they sacked him if not the two of us would have suffered greatly.

Start footing some bills to assist him and be more patient because he can get crancky
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by An2elect2(f): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
maadman:
..give him half of ur monthly salary for 6 months..

grin

Go ahead and quit your job if that's the 'only' way to make peace. Onye oma!
You want public opinion, that's mine.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by publisherz: 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
I have been in your shoes before. You are a good person but there is something you need to know about life which i had to learn in a hard way

Life is cut throat!. No one will quit their job of they were in your shoes. DO NOT CARE about what others think about you and DO NOT try to please anybody for the sake of friendship or so that they will like you. DO NOT quit your job for the sake of friendship. It makes you look weak and he might take advantage of that weakness in the future. If he is a good friend he should not keep malice with you

Sit him down and ask him why he is not talking to you. If he refuses to tell you why, Find a new place or keep going to your work.

Dont act like a weak person!
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
@@@powerfulsettingz

Please don't ever quit it. No true friend. He can betray you one day, don't try to be too good and kind so your enemies don't use ur weakness against u to pull u down.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by anytexy: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
....just be sowing seed into his account every month end till he gets a new job. Hope you comprehend what I mean. That settles it OK.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
maadman:
..give him half of ur monthly salary for 6 months..
the best coMment so far
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by dannewlife(m): 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
Look for another house.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
jingiss:
firstly, for yhu to have Even thought of quitting your job,shows yhu are actually a nice person..
your friend is only acting the way every normal human being in his shoes would act..
it's best you call him and you guys sort it out...definitely he would see reasons to knock the beef off...
but if he keeps on beefing, den Bro I advice you quit the job,I know it's hard,but God knows this did your best...

Your post is very sensible.
Though I don't support him quitting the job.
The friend has acted normal by being sad and cold. That doesn't mean he is not a good friend.

Talk to him even if he is not responding and let him know you will not rest till he gets a job.
He may as well be thinking you are diabolical, you know we Africans.

I suggest you support him financially starting now. You owe him that at least. At the end of each month, send cash into his account if he is broke and take upon the responsibility of the house if you guys have rented it together.
Start looking for a new job too but more importantly do not quit your job.

If after a week, he doesn't stop keeping malice, invite another friend to talk to him or leave the place temporarily.
I guess this advice is practical enough.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Kingsasian(m): 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
my dear u just said d truth, Op pls take dis advice, somtn quite similar happened to my elder bro too, his neighbour while in school,had a job , so dere was an opening,he informed my bro, my bro now got d job in d same company with his neighbour, the MD picked interest in my bro nd started taking him along to some meetings, dis his friend became jealous all of a sudden nd started embarrassing my elder bro in d presence of his juniors in d office, my bro said he would quit, I told him for what, why do u want to quit, cos of d embarrassment,I told him to stay in dat company, fortunately for my bro, he got another job offer nd left, Op pls like I said take dat advice, God bless
well said.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by babseg(m): 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

Abeg resign with immediate alacrity and please let me know the date so i can hand in my CV.

Dont forget to put the address on nairaland
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
1st and foremost its nt ur fault, then there is no guarantee that u guys will make up after u quit. Finally u will feel worse abt him knowing fully well that ur broke because of him. U can always help him with part of salary till he gets something else..
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freemanan:
YES
its possible you are that his friend o abi?
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by adanny01(m): 6:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
I would sit him down and ask him if he wants me to quit. His choice is final.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wema Bank Salary: How Much Does Wema Bank Pays Their Staff? / Mortuary Workers Seize Corpse At A Cemetery In Ghana Over Balance Payment / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.