Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today (75949 Views)

Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA / Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State / Photos Of A Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by NotNairalandi(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cutehector:
The meat of hippopotamus is called what?
it is calld Hippopota-meat!
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Cutehector(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
NICENEDU29:

It is called hippomeatpotamus, hippopo-Otameat or hippopomeatus
hahahahahhahahahhaha

Ota meat... Lmao... Obasanjo go fine u ooo grin
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by MrCork: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
According to Naziru Muktar who shared the photos online, this mighty hippopotamus had been terrorizing some farmers in the community - in Dadinkowa dam Gombe State - and they had to hunt it down today August 6th.

http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/08/see-photos-of-mighty-hippopotamus.html

cc : lalasticlala

....YOU PEOPLE SO GADEMM BAKWARD IN THAT BUSH NIGERIA....SERRRIOUSLY...DONT U ZOO?...DONT U HAV ANIMAL RIGHTS?....MUSS U PEOPLE KILL EVERYTIN??...HEAR IN LONSON, WE CAPTURE & TAKE THEM TO VET...BUT THERE,u kill & eat...why?...YOU HOMEBASE PEOPLE MENNNNNNNN!!! (no oofense) undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by carzola(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided
cave men killed it
a rare creator going extinct
when would naija learn..?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by davidque007(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
Nigerians can be very primitive

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Superman11(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dbboy:
WE DONT NEED TO KILL THIS ANIMAL.

they think they are being protected. What of if that is the last Hippo on earth. and they just slaughtered it. They probably want to eat it!!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by bugzbunny: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
josephobaro:
meat
If u r literate
Pls go for a refund of ur school fees
Its a waste of funds

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Cutehector(m): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Lol right now tz my unborn children, m tryn to push them out for d past 5hrs, they re just coming out slow slow
who z d baby daddy?
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cutehector:
The meat of hippopotamus is called what?

HippopoMeat tongue
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by aku626(m): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
We still have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go in Nigeria. SMH
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
adjoviomole:
Na wa o must we kill everything undecided...they can use a tranquilizer to make it sleep and then move it to a game reserve or zoo....

They don't even have a Game reserve and zoo
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Amazo: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
kITATITA:
What happens to conservation?

Why not place yourself in a situation where an hippo is trying to slice you with one bite into halves, then ask it, "What happens to conservation?" and find out whether it'll conserve you undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Hawlahscho(m): 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
anonimi:

Can you elaborate on the difference between a hippo and a rhino? Does a rhino live in the river Thanks.

oh yea, "river"

Rhino is mainly forest animal. Thanks anyway.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
d meat is called hippo meat

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by tunde1200(m): 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
i tire for these people ooo...

Dbboy:
WE DONT NEED TO KILL THIS ANIMAL.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Proffdada: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Poor hippo, endangered species definitely
It's a vegetarian and doesn't attack unless disturbed or someone breaches its territory
SMH.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
hippos are an endangered specie.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cutehector:
who z d baby daddy?

I av no babydaddy, I av a husband cheesy
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
wetin mama peace find go gombe shocked
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by lonelydora: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
Wow. Nigerians will always be Nigerians. And some people are crying over Cecil the lion.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by iswallker(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
According to Naziru Muktar who shared the photos online, this mighty hippopotamus had been terrorizing some farmers in the community - in Dadinkowa dam Gombe State - and they had to hunt it down today August 6th.

http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/08/see-photos-of-mighty-hippopotamus.html

cc : lalasticlala

why @op come dey shine teeth... grin

meanwhile someone is on trial in zimbabwe for killing a lion...

smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by deltateam: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
kITATITA:

The only place I see hippotamus is TV,google,books. Sad they jusst killed the oppportunity too see it alive.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
kITATITA:

Conservation ke? You recall Abraham Maslow Hierarchy of Needs? This is Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Opiosko: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
kITATITA:
We don't know, our president is a certificateless dull@rd. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Pavore9: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
lf they were in Kenya, they would all be cooling off in a cell by now reflecting over their lives. Kenya do not joke with wildlife as it is their source of foreign exchange.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Cutehector(m): 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
MhizDeedy:

I av no babydaddy, I av a husband cheesy
what is d surname of ur husband? cheesy
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by olerugod: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hip-pop
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Rikidony(m): 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
tchidi:

Will soon ke?? Dem don chop am before you typed this comment sef! cry cry

CHEI angry
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Proffdada: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
MrCork:

....YOU PEOPLE SO GADEMM BAKWARD IN THAT BUSH NIGERIA....SERRRIOUSLY...DONT U ZOO?...DONT U HAV ANIMAL RIGHTS?....MUSS must U PEOPLE KILL EVERYTIN??...HEAR here IN LONSON london, WE CAPTURE & TAKE THEM TO VET...BUT THERE,u kill & eat...why?...YOU HOMEBASE PEOPLE MENNNNNNNN!!! (no oofense) undecided
one eyed cockney
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by sapientia(m): 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
Might be the only remaining one in the state and yet they killed it

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by adanny01(m): 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Why did they have to kill the poor thing! sad

It must have strayed out of a games reserve....i very much doubt you can find Hippos in the wild in Nigeria just like that!

Most really wild locations in Nigeria are game reserves. Those are the only really wild areas. Yankari game reserve in Bauchi is very large which animals live aa wild. I was lucky to see a pride of a lion as wild animals not to talk of the so many wild hippos. A grown male lion can leave his pride and stray out of the reserve but should just be killed in certain conditions.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
Yankari game reserve has a hippo population.... there is another one i think... kanji game reserve, they also have a hippo population.... i just think maybe these reserves were not informed to come and relocate the hippo and the farmers just killed it.

prince3009:

They don't even have a Game reserve and zoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.