Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today (75933 Views)

Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA / Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State / Photos Of A Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Efomeh2020(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
The hunters should be arrested and tried. These are already endangered species and we don't have to celebrate killing them.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cutehector:
study shows dat girls at this age are very spoilt

Lol
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by fairheven: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
kITATITA:
What happens to conservation?

Same Nigerians will spend their hard-earned money to go on SAFARI in Kenya just to watch the same animals they slaughter at home ,same pple will spend money to subscribe to DSTV and be watching animal planet on "Discovery channel" ,then go to our zoos you only see Lizards ,Alligators and monkeys.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by junkyarddog: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
Looks like patience shepopo jonathan
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by mickey45: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
omenka:
My brother, I DON'T JUST KNOW! angry

Yet we intend to have a tourism industry. Are the tourists only gonna come see hills, rocks, caves, forests and no wildlife??

Today we see pictures of giant snakes killed for no reason, the next day, a hippo.

It is high time those redundant legislators make laws criminalising these acts. Let them be allowed under conditions of self defence only. angry

Nope! Since it has nothing to do with allocations, revenue or posts- sharing, I wont expect them to discuss it.
They'll even prefer to visit hippo-peppersoup joints and wear the hide as a "toga" of their feats.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by whytepawn1(m): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
frankay430:
chisos!!! FTC.....dancing ShakitiBOBO
mufu you no go allow us hear word again because you be FTC.
disclaimer *** no one should interfere, its personal lol.
on a lighter note.. guy wetin dey shelle... how is the "ramaring " ministry moving.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by kafeii123: 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
MrCork:

....bro I gots moiney, u don't....I gots Pounds Sterlin, u don't...be nice to me & I will post u £10 cash to buy a suit ther in Nigeria!!! (REAL TALK) angry

U got a conceited, less than-a-mm-deep brain brain and by God he "don't"
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by azezola(m): 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
Trophy hunters or Poachers.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by RaptorX: 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
sonofananimal1:
THIS IS BARBARIC angry

AFRICA WILL ALWAYS REMAIN DUMB, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST CATCH IT AND MAKE A TERRITORY FOR HIM.

COS HIPPO IS A TERRITORIAL ANIMAL AND ALSO AN ENDANGER SPECIES.

BLACK MEN MENTALITY!!
I don't think this is a black man mentality, but a Nigerian mentality. Because these animals are well protected in East and South African nations, i think Nigerians are not sensitized about wildlife conservation and the government probably thought they have more urgent and critical issues to deal with rather than wildlife conservativion.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Pennywise(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
This is shameful. Am not happy the way our people are making a fool of Africa.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by ibkgab001: 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hipolum
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by bigiyaro(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
kITATITA:
u r talkin abt conservation in naija? Hehehehheheh, naija dat can't even conserve her ppl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Baroba(m): 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
kITATITA:

Can you imagine, I bet you many Nigerians haven't seen a live Hippo before..

Tranquilize the animal, create a conservative enclose and charge people to come and see it, how difficult is that.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by JaneYave(f): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
boujaye:

hipopomito grin
u got me laughing. like a jackal.funny you
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by lakeside04(m): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
WTH! Damn oversize
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by eumans1yahooc: 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
Must we eat every meat we set our eyes on in this country? Nawa to 9ja o
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by boujaye: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
JaneYave:
u got me laughing. like a jackal.funny you

grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
According to Naziru Muktar who shared the photos online, this mighty hippopotamus had been terrorizing some farmers in the community - in Dadinkowa dam Gombe State - and they had to hunt it down today August 6th.

http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/08/see-photos-of-mighty-hippopotamus.html

cc : lalasticlala

U don't catch a mighty hippo, rather the Hippo is a mighty
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Smooyis(m): 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
Caught or killed? I can see water at the background. Is it an aquatic animal?
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
Wicked people! WWF! Come n see how they're abusing this hippo ooo
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
Smooyis:
Caught or killed? I can see water at the background. Is it an aquatic animal?
It loves playing inside the water.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by MARKone(m): 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
36STATES:
This breaks my heart. I paid kings ransom in 2004 to go on safari to see these animals both in Malawi and Botswana. I have been to many parts of the world, but seeing those beats in Africa then was a humbling experience that has ever stayed with me. It's heart wrenching seeing rare animals being killed everyday by illiterates. I thought these animals are protected by law because of their engendered status.

You even have a bunch of bushmen on Nairaland supporting such a barbaric act.

My brother, we have a problem in this country, big one o, in fact before things will normalise in this country, the trumpet might sound. I was watching a programme in NatGeo Wild, somewhere in Philippines, Philippines o..that is a third world country. One humongous Alligator killed a woman, the villagers later caught the gator, is was huge, what amazed me, was that this villagers decided just to relocate the Alligator to a games reserve. Here we kill everything, from pythons to baboons now hippos. It is unfortunate.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by snipesdam(m): 6:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
These Zoo men will go and kill that poor wild life now embarassed embarassed embarassed

Please inform them to send that hippo back to the wild.

Sometime 1 year back a few guys caught a huge and long alligator @ Bayelsa, a white man had to pay them a few dollars to let the reptile back into the swamp. Well who knows if they didn't go back to kill it.

Most of us have no idea what roles the wildlife play in keep the balance in the ecosystem and preserving endangered spices.

Help save the world........
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
RaptorX:
I don't think this is a black man mentality, but a Nigerian mentality. Because these animals are well protected in East and South African nations, i think Nigerians are not sensitized about wildlife conservation and the government probably thought they have more urgent and critical issues to deal with rather than wildlife conservativion.
SERIOUSLY, I DON'T LIKE SEEING ENDANGER SPECIES BEING KILLED AND CELEBRATE
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by grandstar(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
Rikidony:
POOR ANIMAL THOSE HUNGRY BAST.ARD WILL SOON FEAST ON IT.angry

every day endangered species are being killed,
nature will be angry with us if we don't allow future generations to see this animals. angry

Calm down. I hear say dem plenty for that side. Everywhere no be lagos
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by legatto(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cutehector:
The meat of hippopotamus is called what?
Hiptamus meat
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Oluschenco(m): 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
who killed that gift of nature?
Animal i guess is the person's name.
UI zoo is inneed of such.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Smooyis(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

It loves playing inside the water.
Whaooo and with all its weight it does not sink in the water. God is great!
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Rikidony(m): 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
grandstar:

Calm down. I hear say dem plenty for that side. Everywhere no be lagos
so because them plenty any stray animal caught should be killed immediately angry
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
Smooyis:

Whaooo and with all its weight it does not sink in the water. God is great!
No, It doesn't swim! Let's say it loves frolicking in water like the pig... Kinda

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.