Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? (3100 Views)

Please How Do I Unbrick My Infinix Note 2 / Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device / Help!how Do I Unbrick My Gionee M2mini. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
Please gurus on Nairaland, how do I unbrick my xperia S Arc LT18i? I just on my Bluetooth and the phone went off. I switched it on and it got stuck at sony xperia logo. USB debugging was off before it bricked. Please help me to unbrick it. Tanx.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Please gurus on Nairaland, how do I unbrick my xperia S Arc LT18i? I just on my Bluetooth and the phone went off. I switched it on and it got stuck at sony xperia logo. USB debugging was off before it bricked. Please help me to unbrick it. Tanx.

are u in lagos if yes meet up with me and I will fix it for you for 1k within 15mins

Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
fbtowner:

are u in lagos if yes meet up with me and I will fix it for you for 1k within 15mins
Bro pls help me, am not in Lagos. Tanx.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Bro pls help me, am not in Lagos. Tanx.

I wish to getting the right firmware for that phone online a lil difficult

mu advice take it to a nearby software engineer

don't kill the phone trying to unbrick xperia are very fragile
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
fbtowner:

I wish to getting the right firmware for that phone online a lil difficult

mu advice take it to a nearby software engineer

don't kill the phone trying to unbrick xperia are very fragile
Pls tell what to do if I manage to get the device firmware. I have a laptop and there are no engineers at my location that can unbrick the device. Pls..
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Pls tell what to do if I manage to get the device firmware. I have a laptop and there are no engineers at my location that can unbrick the device. Pls..

google and download sony xperia flashtool lets begin from there
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
fbtowner:

google and download sony xperia flashtool lets begin from there
I have the flashtool, sir. Tanx.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
I have the flashtool, sir. Tanx.

google and download sony xperia usb driver

also download sony companion google them all
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
fbtowner:

google and download sony xperia usb driver

also download sony companion google them all
I have downloaded and installed them in my system. What's next pls? Tanx a lot.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
I have downloaded and installed them in my system. What's next pls? Tanx a lot.

Now google and download the firmware of your phone

Always a .ftf file
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
fbtowner:

Always a .ftf file
Ok sir.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 6:46am On Aug 07, 2015
fbtowner:

Always a .ftf file
Sir I have downloaded the firmware. Tanx.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Sir I have downloaded the firmware. Tanx.

navigate to your localdisk c you should find a folder called flashtool open it u will see a folder call drivers open it and install the driver there make sure u thick as many modells as possible you will understand wen u get to the folder
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2015
fbtowner:

navigate to your localdisk c you should find a folder called flashtool open it u will see a folder call drivers open it and install the driver there make sure u thick as many modells as possible you will understand wen u get to the folder
I have done that, sir! Tanx
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
I have done that, sir! Tanx

Ok now run your flashtool

Click on the. Voltage icon on the top left conner then browse and select the firmware and follow the onscreen instruction
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
fbtowner:

Ok now run your flashtool

Click on the. Voltage icon on the top left conner then browse and select the firmware and follow the onscreen instruction
Sir I did exactly as you said but the firmware I downloaded doesn't appear in the flashtool. I paste the firmware I downloaded in in c:\flashtool\firmware but I cannot be found in the flashtool. I downloaded the firmware in rar format and extracted it to firmware folder in flashtool. Pls wat should i do?Tanx for the response sir. God bless you.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
And remember sir, USB debugging is not enabled. God bless you.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by sauceEEP(m): 11:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
I equally bricked my Sony Xperia z2 but it's OK now after I flashed the stock 5.1.1 firmware.

Copy the ftf file to c,user,emeka,flastool,firmware
Details ;
-Acer(c) or hp(c) depending on your pc model
-Users( click on it,you'll see public and the name you saved on your pc)
-Click on the name and not public
-Once you click on name you'll see a drop-down menu
-Click on flash tool
-You'll see firmware folder, then copy the ftf file to the folder,I believe your laptops os is windows 8.

Now go back to the flashtool and continue. It should be able to detect the firmware.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by timbros(m): 5:00am On Aug 08, 2015
Please guys help me too. I bricked my tab while upgrading it to lollipop. I downloaded the firmware update from the website and after installing, it reboots and got stuck in the boot logo. When I tried to do factory reset, it shows error in 'recovery mode'.

The tab is Asus Fonepad 7 FE170CG. Help me out please. Thanks.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Sir I did exactly as you said but the firmware I downloaded doesn't appear in the flashtool. I paste the firmware I downloaded in in c:\flashtool\firmware but I cannot be found in the flashtool. I downloaded the firmware in rar format and extracted it to firmware folder in flashtool. Pls wat should i do?Tanx for the response sir. God bless you.

that u said is not possible if tge firmware u download and cipy to d folder is in ftf format then it should appear otherwise u are doing something else
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
fbtowner:

that u said is not possible if tge firmware u download and cipy to d folder is in ftf format then it should appear otherwise u are doing something else
I downloaded another firmware and successfully flashed it using the flashtool but it still stuck at xperia logo. Please any other suggestion? Thanks.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
I downloaded another firmware and successfully flashed it using the flashtool but it still stuck at xperia logo. Please any other suggestion? Thanks.

try another firmware better still a lower version like 2.3 gingerbread
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 10:16am On Aug 09, 2015
fbtowner:

ok sire. Tanx, am really grateful.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
fbtowner:

Sir I downloaded it and flashed, but only the boot animation (logo) that changes, what should I do pls? Tanx.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by fbtowner(m): 8:31am On Aug 12, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Sir I downloaded it and flashed, but only the boot animation (logo) that changes, what should I do pls? Tanx.

that is the only software solution only if the phone have a hardware problem

or when it writes SONY or SONY ERRICSON does it fade away and go blank?
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 9:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
fbtowner:

that is the only software solution only if the phone have a hardware problem

or when it writes SONY or SONY ERRICSON does it fade away and go blank?
No sir, I doesn't fade away and go blank. Sir it its a an hardware problem, what could could possibly cause it? Tanx.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by sleader32: 5:50am On Jan 16, 2016
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by AwesomeRomeo: 5:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
sleader32:
Read this http://xtechmobile.com/2016/01/16/how-to-flash-and-unbrick-lt18i-sony-xperia/
Still It didn't work bro. Sony PC companion is viewing the device as LT15. If I plug the device to my laptop, PC companion says the device is sony xperia LT15. Am confuse bro. Thanks for the help.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by Trustdee(m): 7:24am On Jul 11, 2016
are you around Enugu ... i can help you.
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by Naughtylyn: 8:31am On Jul 11, 2016
Become A Guru too

Know any good phone repairs outlet? Find out. A great technician makes thousands per day supporting the latest smartphones and other cellphones!

Employ Yourself 

For the comprehensive book on Mobile phones and Tablets Repairs everyone is talking about, click the link below and get it here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8
Re: Please How Do I Unbrick My Xperia S Arc Lt18i? by ddjay: 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2018
just download the pc companion, find the phone, connect to pc as directed and update. u av unbricked the phone.

(1) (Reply)

Airtel 6gb For #1500? How True? / Micro Usb Mini Dvb - Hd Tv Tuner / How To Transfer Data From One MTN Sim To Another.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.