Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat (1892 Views)

Sufism(mysticism) / Sufism: A Peacful Path In Islam? / What Is Sufism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by binsidi(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
We need to know how SUFISM relates to ISLAM in terms of spirituality. It means:
. seeking the pleasure of ALLAH S.W.T
. love and peace with oneself
. harmony with all creations(animals and nature)
. to be dressed with the beautiful attributes of Prophet and Saints (Qur'an 33 vs. 21)
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by teryorluv(f): 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
binsidi:
. to be dressed with the beautiful attributes of Prophet and Saints (Qur'an 33 vs. 21)
I would av love dis if its in details but its nt bad.
Pls what is d difference with those called Allisunnah and Tijjaniyah (Suffi)
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by CivilzedTyger(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
Anoda name for sufism is Boko Haramism
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Empiree: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2015
binsidi:
Sorry I have to cross out "saints". I think Islamic term should be implemented. We must use the term used in the Qur'an and the sunnah rather than christian version. Islamic term used is Awliya.

Anyways, Sufism is the "heart" of Islam. The word "sufi" should never have been invented to begin with. It should have been Ihsan/Islam. Well, everything changes as time goes. Like if you visit hospitals, one notices names of drugs have changed etc. Same applies to religious terms like this and Wasila now called "tawasul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie4YV0PTQ50

1 Like

Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
ASSALAMUALAIKUM, in my own opinion, according to the prophet, islam is an easy religion, it is even in the quran that nobody is given a burden higher than his capacity, before the prophet died he said that no prophet or apostle will come after him and he is leaving us with two things the QURAN and his SUNNAH(HADITH), that who ever follow these will never go astray, but we muslims of today are now inventing things causing confusion upon confusions, to me i wont advice anyone to go into sufi, because even majority of the ulamas do not implement the practice of sufis, i even heard the sufis do not give much importance to 5 fard prayers(it is unconfirmed) before the prophet died he warned that at the end time they will be numerous sects, but only those that follows the QURAN and his SUNNAH will never go astray. this is my opinion and i stand to be corrected with a valid source. the verse you even gave is telling us to immitate muhammad(s.a.w) not some awliya or what do you call them. ASSALAMUALAIKUM.

1 Like

Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Empiree: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
^ I think you talking about sect. I dont know what op's mission is but here, I am talking about essence. I dont worry about sects or nonsense some people do
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
Empiree:
^ I think you talking about sect. I dont know what op's mission is but here, I am talking about essence. I dont worry about sect or nonsense some people do
with my research on sufi i think it is a sect.
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Empiree: 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
On importance of salat, i think you need to ignore some muslims spreading hate and ill-gotten rumors about others. The allegation is simply false. But i will not like this to escalate though. Couple of weeks back, a sufi tijaniyah was asked the question of salat. Read the attachment.

Whoever ignores 5 obligatory salat is misguided. Simple as that.

Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
i think i've been totally mistaken
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Empiree: 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
^ lol @lexicon, well, to be fair, there are some muslims who are dividing islam and creating sects. Allow me to do a little breakdown.

Islam is one but it gives room for flexibility base on Shariah. For instance, I decide to spread islam in my region by creating a group for development purposes. And everything done within the group is base on Sharia. So i decide to take spiritual path by doing group dhrik every night (for example). There is nothing wrong with this. But if i enforce this dhikr on people, it becomes something else. While group dhikr is beneficial, I cant force it on others or make it obligatory. But if i insist it's obligatory every night, then I am creating sect.

On the other hand, i know tijaniya etc have steps they follow. These steps are still in accordance with islam. The steps is like a map. If you get on plane from nija to london, you will see electronic map displaying your location and progress. In the same way, when you do dhirk, you have to have a 'map'. You want to know where you stand, your position before Allah(Ta'ala). This steps can be found in "At-tassawuf" or Islamic spirituality. That's what sufism is about. But if you see a sufi distinguishing himself from the rest of muslims then thats sect. You can't say you can not pray behind your fellow muslims bcus they do not do dhikr (much). That's rubbish. This is just a tip of iceberg.

Like a brother, Abu Usamah once said, that "we need to do dawah for people to return to the way of Aslaf (predecessors)." But his audience thought he was calling to the way of "salafi". He said "I am not talking about salafi sect. I am talking about the essence". You got it?

1 Like

Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2015
i now get it @empiree all we need is the essence. jazakumullohu khairon

1 Like

Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Empiree: 2:47am On Sep 10, 2015
Same question and answer from tijjaniyah was replied today. Goes thus,

Salaam Alaikum,

I came a cross allegation made by a fellow who supposedly a Muslim made broad allegation against Tijjaniya sect and I quote.

Question:

"all tijaniyyat do believe that you earn more reward when reciting solatul fatih than observing the obligatory solat"

Answer:

Wa aleykoum Salam dear brother.

Sorry for answering late.

Sure, there is no such statement in Jawahiroul Maani. There is nothing greater than Salat. Be careful because errors have been slipped in some editions of Jawahiroul Maani and some people said that it has been done deliberately by detractors.

Seyyidina Sheikh Ahmed Tidjani, may ALLAH be pleased with him, said: "IF YOU HEAR ANYTHING ATTRIBUTED TO ME, WEIGH IT ON THE SHARIA'S SCALE, IF IT CONFORMS, ACCEPT IT, OTHERWISE REJECT IT."

Feel free to ask any question you have...

May ALLAH bless you dear brother.

Salam.

Source: Conception.Web Tidjaniya
Conception.Web Tidjaniya's profile photo
conception.web@tidjaniya.com

So as you can see, I sent out the question to two(2) different places and got same answer.
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by true2god: 7:24am On Sep 10, 2015
I think this topic should have been on the 'Islam for Muslims' sections.
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by true2god: 8:48am On Sep 10, 2015
Islam is an effective tool the Arabs are using in conquering the world and it worked perfectly. Most blacks that had contact with Mohammed in the early days of islam where all his slaves. I wonder how the Arabs are still, till date, able to control the minds of black people with islam, quite unbelievable!

Until black people see islam as a perfect tool for Arab expansion in sub-sahara Africa, we are in soup and we shall remain poor and backward. It is high time we Africans go the way of China, invest in education, science and productivity. What the op had written has no relevant in this modern world. Look at non-oil exporting Arab nations to have a clue of what I'm talking about.

My people it is day-break, please wake up.
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by HAkorehdeh(m): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2015
@ Empiree . I think the best thing is just to have a good knowledge of the Deen "Islam". Sufism has been in existence right from time and there had been many reputable sufi scholars in the past, though we have some of them now too but the problem is that most sufi scholars (i see) in Nigeria are just bunch of 'jaahiluun'. They know very little (or nothing) about the Deen yet claiming to be an aarif, this gave a lot of chances for the 'protestant Islam' to condemn them as they already prepared a lot of evidences(against them) . I maintain the same stand with you (and Sheik Adam) on sufism.
Though, i am still a student but from the little i have read and from my little research,i have come to discover that Islam has only two Sects (majorly) 'the sunni' and 'the Shia'.. sufi is just a subset hence one can be a sunni-sufi or shia-sufi, and sufi itself is nothing but 'ihsan' ie the third 'martaba' after Islam and Imaan. Many of them here are not even worthy enough to be in the first stage (Islam) yet they claim to have attained the last stage 'ihsan".
Sheikh Ibrahim was a great scholar of tijaniyya sufism, i have heard a lot about his scholarship, debates he had with many other sunni of his time, how much he travelled and many books he published. Even amongst His book was "تبصرة الأنام في أن العلم هو الإمام" which by the title alone suggests many reasons to seek for knowledge first... I haven't read the book before anyway. I wonder why some people will then claim to be a tijaniyya sufist then without seeking for knowledge first.
I had some Little problems with the salafi/wahabi too My first year in the University, it really affected me even till my second year, I can tell you i am just recovering from it lately after reading from some sunni websites and forums (in my little research). I have read about the sheikh from 'najd' and how everything began from there. Then i found many reasons to learn about this Deen without been bias, partisan, and trying to play politics.
Re: Sufism:: The Dariqatul Tijjaniyyat by Empiree: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2015
HAkorehdeh:
[size=2pt]@Em.piree. I think the best thing is just to have a good knowledge of the Deen "Islam". Sufism has been in existence right from time and there had been many reputable sufi scholars in the past, though we have some of them now too but the problem is that most sufi scholars (i see) in Nigeria are just bunch of 'jaahiluun'. They know very little (or nothing) about the Deen yet claiming to be an aarif, this gave a lot of chances for the 'protestant Islam' to condemn them as they already prepared a lot of evidences(against them) . I maintain the same stand with you (and Sheik Adam) on sufism.
Though, i am still a student but from the little i have read and from my little research,i have come to discover that Islam has only two Sects (majorly) 'the sunni' and 'the Shia'.. sufi is just a subset hence one can be a sunni-sufi or shia-sufi, and sufi itself is nothing but 'ihsan' ie the third 'martaba' after Islam and Imaan. Many of them here are not even worthy enough to be in the first stage (Islam) yet they claim to have attained the last stage 'ihsan".
Sheikh Ibrahim was a great scholar of tijaniyya sufism, i have heard a lot about his scholarship, debates he had with many other sunni of his time, how much he travelled and many books he published. Even amongst His book was "تبصرة الأنام في أن العلم هو الإمام" which by the title alone suggests many reasons to seek for knowledge first... I haven't read the book before anyway. I wonder why some people will then claim to be a tijaniyya sufist then without seeking for knowledge first.
I had some Little problems with the salafi/wahabi too My first year in the University, it really affected me even till my second year, I can tell you i am just recovering from it lately after reading from some sunni websites and forums (in my little research). I have read about the sheikh from 'najd' and how everything began from there. Then i found many reasons to learn about this Deen without been bias, partisan, and trying to play politics.[/size]
Jazakallahu khayran. I understand. Really dont care about individual so called sufis in nigeria. I am only concerned about it essence and remove falsehood some brothers tried to attached to it. I dont call myself sufi. I only understood some of its essence. You know, as the world goes, every good thing will be tainted including so called salafi now. I dont subscribe to any sufi group at all. But i believe in pursuing it knowledge. Yes, Ihsan is how Qur'an and Hadith portray the heart of Islam. The name, Sufi should never have been invented to begin with. The reason I posted this is to clear misconceptions some brother tried to attribute to it.

Also many true sufi shuyuk have said time and again that a person cant call himself tijaniya while not maintaining its standard. And ofcourse, Islam is Islam. Simple. It's Shaytan that divided up the whole thing. Sufism is just 'heart' of islam. Yea, I fraternized with Wahhabi/salafi thing for 4 yrs. Damn, had headache a lot and finally chilled out. I recovered from their 3yrs after I left. Was crazy. But, we are all brothers. I dont subscribe the idea of singing "wahabi/salafi" everywhere unless when it's absolutely necessary. Nor do i buy the idea of sufi idea because if I should call myself one, it means i have to defend every single practices by some morons that are not in Shariah. That's why I stayed within pristine. If some brothers here dont understand that i can't help them. Indeed knowledge first has been the very first layer of this great religion.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From The Just Concluded Abuja Crusade With Pastor Benny Hinn / Please, Help Me Out With Your Knowledge Of The Bible / Tribute To Ladi Lawal Of Daar Communication.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.