Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,728 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki (26101 Views)

Wasted Tricycles Bought By Atiku Bagudu As Constituency Project Contribution / Artillery Weapons Bought By Jonathan, Used By Late Col. Abu-led Troops (Video) / AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by chrisblack: 9:02am On Aug 07, 2015
koboko69:
The immediate past National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki, (retd), has given a hint that some arms and ammunition procured by the Jonathan administration had not arrived the country.

The former NSA said that some elements whose identities he did not disclose were frustrating the nation’s efforts to get the critically needed equipment to fight the Boko Haram insurgency.

According to Dasuki, the government had to issue queries to some arms suppliers for the delay in the supply of the items paid for by the government.

Dasuki was quoted as having made the comment in an interview with PR Nigeria, an Abuja based Media Consultancy outfit for the Nigerian military and security agencies.

He was also quoted as having said that some of the equipment procured by the Jonathan administration would arrive in the country very soon.

“It was unfortunate that some elements are frustrating the efforts. We even had to query some suppliers for the delay in the delivery of arms and ammunitions,” Dasuki was quoted as saying.

Dasuki said that the previous administration acquired a lot of highly sophisticated equipment to fight and reclaim 22 local government areas from the insurgents after years of frustration by Western countries.

It was stated that the items procured included “Alpha jets, Armoured Personnel Carriers, MRAP vehicles, advanced artillery pieces, assorted arms and ammunition, highly sophisticated surveillance drones, T72 and carried out modification of F7 supersonic jet fighters.”

The items also include armoured tanks with comprehensive NBC protection system, Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles with capacity to withstand explosions, Improvised Explosive Devices and assorted armoured personnel carriers with effective protective system against small arms fire and shrapnel.

He said that the equipment were effectively utilised to recover 22 local government areas then under Boko Haram control and prevent the Boko Haram from disrupting the 2015 general election.

Dasuki was also quoted as having said that the security forces were able to use the equipment to prevent the leader of the sect, Abubakar Shekau, from releasing videos of threats against the country.

“We are glad that we also provided assorted Armoured Personnel Carriers to transport troops to the battlefield. They were armed for self defence and to provide protection from attacks from shrapnel and small arms fire.

“All these were acquired in the last one year after years of frustration by Western powers who denied us of the equipment and sabotaged our efforts to acquire same from other sources which are reasons for some delay in delivery,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/arms-bought-by-jonathan-govt-havent-arrived-nigeria-dasuki/
this is serious .how can dasuki still have the joy of lying. This news is rubbish. Alfa jets are very old jets that even the AIRFORCE is tired of .this are jets that have been in the air for over 30yrs.so how come they are been mentioned as part of new procurement.the trucks are styer rucks. we have a styer truck manufacturing/assembly factory in bauchi.the F7 jets purchased from China were failures. One problem after the other.confirm this from the force.even the chines drones have been falling of the sky.the image resolution is very poor.in terms of the tanks they are not really needed for this type of war we are engaging.so placing emphasis on tanks is a total waste of time.in guerrilla warfare how effective have the tanks been.ask the Americans.we need more of air/satellite surveillance technology,powerful drones lethal and precision strike capabilities. Rapid air deployment capabilities for soldiers and firepower.let dasuki go and sit down.they never purchased any weaponry worth celebrating

1 Like

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Goke7: 9:05am On Aug 07, 2015
so all the photo album of arms and ammunition that the guy was busy entertaining us with yesterday never reach our dormot, chai!

Can we all see that the witches in this country are too much and some people say we should not hunt them when even the bible says that we should not suffer a witch to live hmm, na wa o

1 Like

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by AprokoMan: 9:06am On Aug 07, 2015
Tomorrow, an idiot like Passingshit would open a thread and attribute it to buhari
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by kardoso(m): 9:07am On Aug 07, 2015
Dasuki and the likes of himself should bury themselves in shame. It makes me seriously sad to realise that the Nigerian Army I loved so much from child hood, has been desecrated by a group of satanic rulers who actually held my beloved country hostage. To this very day my country can't boast of a military that has in it's arsenal, battle tanks of about fifty to eighty thousand pieces, helicopter gunships of hundred thousand pieces, fighter and bomber planes of about a hundred thousand pieces. And those Demonic rulers continue to run their mouths of leading the giant of Africa(Nigeria). What a big shame. If president Buhari can truly carry out this campaign against corruption to wipe out the likes of the Dasukis. This will do a lot for our military. A lot of good. We need a bery strong military to enable us stand
As a strong super power nation on the continent of Africa. Instead of those Demons running their mouths, boasting to be what they not. Today Boko haram has exposed the rot in the system , tomorrow, it might be any of the other African countries that will invade and overrun us . too bad... We have still not learnt our lesson. God help us all. God bless Nigeria. Amen.
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Barcanista &co did you hear him? i hope this man still make sense right?

God is with this country, the attempt to buy ammunition for the militants failed as South Africa refuse to sell and seized the cash ment for the purchase of the ammunition, so that the can cause katakata in the Niger Delta should GEJ loose.

God will exposed all of you including those on Nairaland they know themselves.

I don't know what you people benefits from a failed government.
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Jesusloveyou: 9:13am On Aug 07, 2015
IdiAmin1:
...and when the arms arrive, Sai Buhari will take the praise again.

Dasuki doesn't need to call names, APC boko sympathisers and sponsors don't need introduction. undecided
are u saTANist not confuse? D guy said, d weapons are on their way, and d same weapons that are yet to come was use to claim 22 local govt, maybe i am d one that is confuse
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by xaggar(m): 9:14am On Aug 07, 2015
chrisblack:
this is serious .how can dasuki still have the joy of lying. This news is rubbish. Alfa jets are very old jets that even the AIRFORCE is tired of .this are jets that have been in the air for over 30yrs.so how come they are been mentioned as part of new procurement.the trucks are styer rucks. we have a styer truck manufacturing/assembly factory in bauchi.the F7 jets purchased from China were failures. One problem after the other.confirm this from the force.even the chines drones have been falling of the sky.the image resolution is very poor.in terms of the tanks they are not really needed for this type of war we are engaging.so placing emphasis on tanks is a total waste of time.in guerrilla warfare how effective have the tanks been.ask the Americans.we need more of air/satellite surveillance technology,powerful drones lethal and precision strike capabilities. Rapid air deployment capabilities for soldiers and firepower.let dasuki go and sit down.they never purchased any weaponry worth celebrating
And you think he has to spill the entire content of the purchase just to satisfy doubters like you? Where is his orientation as a NSA to keep secret things requiring confidentiality especially from the public? Is he in court so as to reveal everything to the world? How was the the turn around defeat of 14 local govt area possible? Why the drop in frequency of deserting soldiers? Why the sudden turn in troop morale from low to high? Some weapons were bought and used! I don't understand why u guys just feel everyone in the past administration should be lynched. Try to be reasonable in your arguments
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by persius555(m): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2015
OMG. I cant believe this man was a former NSA. He cant lie to get a box of chocolate from my four year old cousin. T72 tanks, F7 jets, Alpha jets are being retired worldwide. Most of these equipments are all second hand value. Its funny how men like this got so high in the seat of power. GEJ's govt was clownish that made a joke out of this country. Never again will PDP rule this country.
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by SirShymexx: 9:21am On Aug 07, 2015
koboko69:
TIt was stated that the items procured included “Alpha jets, Armoured Personnel Carriers, MRAP vehicles, advanced artillery pieces, assorted arms and ammunition, highly sophisticated surveillance drones, T72 and carried out modification of F7 supersonic jet fighters.”

Lol.

So, the relics haven't arrived yet, no?

I hope the country has a massive military museum to keep these sophisticated junk and relics, for viewing.

You can't even procure all the hardware listed here directly from the manufacturers cos they have been discontinued - I believe they ordered them from the black market, or from countries trying to dispose them. grin

And F7 and supersonic should never be in the same sentence - that's the Chinese version of the obsolete MiG-21.

1 Like

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by chrisblack: 9:33am On Aug 07, 2015
xaggar:

And you think he has to spill the entire content of the purchase just to satisfy doubters like you? Where is his orientation as a NSA to keep secret things requiring confidentiality especially from the public? Is he in court so as to reveal everything to the world? How was the the turn around defeat of 14 local govt area possible? Why the drop in frequency of deserting soldiers? Why the sudden turn in troop morale from low to high? Some weapons were bought and used! I don't understand why u guys just feel everyone in the past administration should be lynched. Try to be reasonable in your arguments
my guy let's be reasonable. He said they bought alfa jets .this is not true.ever since I was growing up alfa jets have been part of the AIRFORCE. He mentioned trucks.this is the cheapest they can get even within Nigeria. He talked about T2tanks what T2 in this present in time. All this things are not secrets.there is really no secrets in terms of weapons purchase any more globally. All you Are saying is just trying to personify failures. What has changed in terms of equipment in the war.the soldiers are still using the same ak47 or rifles. You guys fail to understand the actual dynamics of the six weeks Battle. Bulk of the fighting was by the Chadians 2500 men and the south African rented private commandos. Then why were we paying chad over $1m per day which we never gave our own soldiers. The ddefence,air and army immediate past Chief have all said the same thing.are u saying they are lying or no truth in them or only dasuki is saying the truth.nothing is hidden in global military purchases. Jane which is an authority will track it.even equipment's u never new when it was bought. Will be listed with dates ,countries etc.no need explaining all this you.you all like supporting failures and corrupt officials
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by tbagjames(m): 9:33am On Aug 07, 2015
ONIjibit1:

Amen.

I have a gift for you too!

When Abubakar Shekau retires, you will take over the vacant post of BH leadership.
That is not God's plan for me. thanks anyway
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by IYANGBALI: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha they will be arriving on the day of ressurection. Dis guys think we are stooopid or something? God punish you all
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by IYANGBALI: 9:36am On Aug 07, 2015
chrisblack:
my guy let's be reasonable. He said they bought alfa jets .this is not true.ever since I was growing up alfa jets have been part of the AIRFORCE. He mentioned trucks.this is the cheapest they can get even within Nigeria. He talked about T2tanks what T2 in this present in time. All this things are not secrets.there is really no secrets in terms of weapons purchase any more globally. All you Are saying is just trying to personify failures. What has changed in terms of equipment in the war.the soldiers are still using the same ak47 or rifles. You guys fail to understand the actual dynamics of the six weeks Battle. Bulk of the fighting was by the Chadians 2500 men and the south African rented private commandos. Then why were we paying chad over $1m per day which we never gave our own soldiers. The ddefence,air and army immediate past Chief have all said the same thing.are u saying they are lying or no truth in them or only dasuki is saying the truth.nothing is hidden in global military purchases. Jane which is an authority will track it.even equipment's u never new when it was bought. Will be listed with dates ,countries etc.no need explaining all this you.you all like supporting failures and corrupt officials
God bless you for standing by the truth
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by chrisblack: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol.

So, the relics haven't arrived yet, no?

I hope the country has a massive military museum to keep these sophisticated junk and relics, for viewing.

You can't even procure all the hardware listed here directly from the manufacturers cos they have been discontinued - I believe they ordered them from the black market, or from countries trying to dispose them. grin

And F7 and supersonic should never be in the same sentence - that's the Chinese version of the obsolete MiG-21.
please tell them. I saw a mig I'm markudi way back1987.the Chinese F7 is an adaptation of the main Mig21 which we have abandoned. It has I t of issues.it is not really effective they are just managing it.and this they claim is the latest in our fleet.
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 07, 2015
He was also quoted as having said that some of the equipment procured by the Jonathan administration would arrive in the country very soon.
Dasuki only said "some of"... APC propagandists sha
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Mufasa1805(m): 9:42am On Aug 07, 2015
This guy is nothing but a bastard...
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by IYANGBALI: 9:43am On Aug 07, 2015
persius555:
OMG. I cant believe this man was a former NSA. He cant lie to get a box of chocolate from my four year old cousin. T72 tanks, F7 jets, Alpha jets are being retired worldwide. Most of these equipments are all second hand value. Its funny how men like this got so high in the seat of power. GEJ's govt was clownish that made a joke out of this country. Never again will PDP rule this country.
never,never,never again
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 07, 2015
This guy is a damn joker
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by IYANGBALI: 9:47am On Aug 07, 2015
uncle005:
Barcanista &co did you hear him? i hope this man still make sense right?

God is with this country, the attempt to buy ammunition for the militants failed as South Africa refuse to sell and seized the cash ment for the purchase of the ammunition, so that the can cause katakata in the Niger Delta should GEJ loose.

God will exposed all of you including those on Nairaland they know themselves.

I don't know what you people benefits from a failed government.
God bless you my brother we need more of people like you in Nigeria and none like barcanista
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by ojinuocheibi(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2015
joiroper:
Soon Buhari is gonna claim that he bought all of those weapons
yaradua bought those weapons not Jonathan. Stop fooling you generations.
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by rman: 9:55am On Aug 07, 2015
Bayswater:
Koboko69 and the bias mods, why push a thread with a controversial title to the front page?

The title says "arms bought by Jonathan's regime has not arrived". One can see the crafty sensationalisation.

Dasuki said in that interview that the equipments bought were used to recover territories from Boko Haram, that even makes your mischief more obvious.

Seun, this is one of the reasons why some of us have reduced our visit/contributions on this forum.

You need to call your mods to other, they have been tasked with doing some functions, it is very obvious some of them are sentimental or are downright inept. No forum is formidable enough not to witness a hit, you need to put your house in order before these elements in the name of mods help you pull it down.

We all know majority of the arms bought during Jonathan's administration came in handy during the decimation of Boko haram in their held territories.

Nowhere in that interview did Dasuki say all arms bought have not arrived so I am wondering why you have decided to sensationalize it.

His Mods are guilty of this and do it all the time while Seun looks on.

1 Like

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Touchforfree(m): 9:56am On Aug 07, 2015
ndrisl:
Why is it yet to arrive. . all this years

Make PMB make him Minister of State for Defence so that the containers will land wella grin grin
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by SirShymexx: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2015
chrisblack:
please tell them. I saw a mig I'm markudi way back1987.the Chinese F7 is an adaptation of the main Mig21 which we have abandoned. It has I t of issues.it is not really effective they are just managing it.and this they claim is the latest in our fleet.

Lol. The Chinese version of the cold war era relic is the flagship fighter jet of the Nigerian air force, with alpha jets. grin grin Even little countries like Uganda, Kenya, Eritrea et al have better fighter jets.

The money they wasted on those relics should be able to buy them a squadron of Yak-130 and Su-30 (even Su-35). These folks are utterly corrupt loafers. God forbid a country like Algeria, or even Angola decides to attack Nigeria, it will be a walk in the park based on air superiority alone.
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Yomboy4ever(m): 10:04am On Aug 07, 2015
koboko69:
The immediate past National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki, (retd), has given a hint that some arms and ammunition procured by the Jonathan administration had not arrived the country.

The former NSA said that some elements whose identities he did not disclose were frustrating the nation’s efforts to get the critically needed equipment to fight the Boko Haram insurgency.

According to Dasuki, the government had to issue queries to some arms suppliers for the delay in the supply of the items paid for by the government.

Dasuki was quoted as having made the comment in an interview with PR Nigeria, an Abuja based Media Consultancy outfit for the Nigerian military and security agencies.

“It was unfortunate that some elements are frustrating the efforts. We even had to query some suppliers for the delay in the delivery of arms and ammunitions,” Dasuki was quoted as saying.

Dasuki said that the previous administration acquired a lot of highly sophisticated equipment to fight and reclaim 22 local government areas from the insurgents after years of frustration by Western countries.

It was stated that the items procured included “Alpha jets, Armoured Personnel Carriers, MRAP vehicles, advanced artillery pieces, assorted arms and ammunition, highly sophisticated surveillance drones, T72 and carried out modification of F7 supersonic jet fighters.”

The items also include armoured tanks with comprehensive NBC protection system, Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles with capacity to withstand explosions, Improvised Explosive Devices and assorted armoured personnel carriers with effective protective system against small arms fire and shrapnel.

He said that the equipment were effectively utilised to recover 22 local government areas then under Boko Haram control and prevent the Boko Haram from disrupting the 2015 general election.

Dasuki was also quoted as having said that the security forces were able to use the equipment to prevent the leader of the sect, Abubakar Shekau, from releasing videos of threats against the country.

“We are glad that we also provided assorted Armoured Personnel Carriers to transport troops to the battlefield. They were armed for self defence and to provide protection from attacks from shrapnel and small arms fire.

“All these were acquired in the last one year after years of frustration by Western powers who denied us of the equipment and sabotaged our efforts to acquire same from other sources which are reasons for some delay in delivery,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/arms-bought-by-jonathan-govt-havent-arrived-nigeria-dasuki/

Delay in delivery my foot
GEJ was in power for close to 6yrs , why import D
ammunitions in just months to his reelection?
What has he been doin over d years?
does take six years to get ammunitions even from planet pluto?
Abeg give us another explanation and u give dis stupid excuse to ur PDP Supporters.

1 Like

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by malikisah: 10:06am On Aug 07, 2015
timilehin007:
2nd

Koboko I stayed up just to announce my daughter's birthday nd I feels being at the very top will make it more entertaining...so can u be kind enuf to come down below? Just a step downward
happy birthday little one and God bless you for your family

1 Like

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by malikisah: 10:09am On Aug 07, 2015
joiroper:
Soon Buhari is gonna claim that he bought all of those weapons
not in our character. Peper eye go give una hypertension!
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by malikisah: 10:10am On Aug 07, 2015
clefstone:
I miss you GEJ......There was a president
shameless people
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by malikisah: 10:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Realdeals:
Really, what happens to the arms allocation from 2011-2013, since western powers were frustrating you.

Read top newsheadlines at www.newsheadlines.com.ng
dem don chop am
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by texazzpete(m): 10:19am On Aug 07, 2015
Alpha jets and the mid range F7 fighter jet from China is what this fellow is calling 'advanced weaponry'?

Na wa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rare Photo Of Amaechi & Yahaya Bello At Zahra Buhari's Wedding / Eight Politicians With N232bn Corruption Cases Working For Buhari’s Re-election / Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.