Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Why General Overseer Of C & S Church Dumps Christianity For Islam, Converts Chur - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why General Overseer Of C & S Church Dumps Christianity For Islam, Converts Chur (1234 Views)

Meet Kehinde Adegbolahan, The Assistant General Overseer Of MFM? (Photos) / Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo / Adeboye Still General Overseer Of RCCG, But Stepped Down As Nigerian Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why General Overseer Of C & S Church Dumps Christianity For Islam, Converts Chur by TessyNkennor(f): 6:38am On Aug 07, 2015
I must admit that this is the first time I'll be seeing a Pastor of a church convert to Muslim. Hardly do we see a Christian turn to Islam, but Pastor Adekunle Afolabi, Founder and Leader of Apata Adu­ra Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Ekute, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, broke that jinx recently. He converted fully to Islam after practising Christianity for over 25 years and even rising to become the General Overseer of his church, which have branches across Ekiti State.

Now known and addressed as Alfa Abubakar Afolabi, the 45-year-old man attributed his conversion
to a divine encounter he had with a strange man in white in his dreams who showed him certain flaws in Christianity and convinced him that indeed Islam is the only religion that leads to heaven.

In this interview with WOLE BALOGUN of SunNews at his Ekute, Ado Ekiti residence, Pastor Adekunle Afolabi spoke extensively on his experience. Excerpts:

Q: How did your journey to Islam begin?
A: I am former Pastor Adekunle Afolabi, General Overseer and founder of Apata Adura Cherubim and Seraphim in Ekute, Ado-Ekiti, I have been a believer in Christianity for 25 years. I have been tutored at the Deeper Life Bible Church school in Ayobo, Lagos and my parents were attending the Assemblies of God Church.

I later left the church to set up a C &S church where I became a Shepherd because God always reveals things to me either by vision or by dreams and to be candid, God re­veals things to me and when God wants to make a confirmation of them, they always come to pass.

The spiritual gift has enhanced my career as a cleric in Christianity such that my church grew so fast that by the time we were celebrating fifth anniversary, the church has had branches across the state and over 150 members attended my headquarters in Ekute alone. I have also become the state chair­man of the association of our church unification in Ado.

I was preparing for the anniversary when I

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Trinity / Heralding The Lordship Of The Word, Demonstrating The Influence Of The Spirit / Adeboye To RCCG Pastors: Double Attendance Or Get Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.