Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? (2493 Views)

Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan / Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK / It Is Too Late For President Buhari To Disown The Campaign Promises- Budgit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 07, 2015
While reading through the Sunday Oliseh Igbo denial thread so many things spinned inside my head. It wasn't a thing of susprise hearing such scathing denial from the former eagles captain. Afterall Oliseh is not the first Ika man I have heard making such remark. Neither will he be the last man with Ndokwa marternity to say such words.
Still, it didn't come to me as shock despite the large audience he fortunately spoke to at the TEDx talk. While I acknowledge many of my Anioma brothers who still hold the Igbo tag high and my fellow SEastern Igbo who handled their comments with maturity and decoruium in that thread, the likes of Pazienza and co, I still find it apt to spell the bitter truth, of which many of us are reluctant to hear. This bitter truth that I had nurtured in my heart was psychologically spelt out by a fellow comrade, though wittingly but which contains much truth.
Excerpts:

[b]You do not sit by and watch people denounce you publicly...your pride and name is at stake.
Fact is...due to the events that have transpired as a result of this confusion, the issue is not trivial.
Let me prove it to you.
But consider this too...and please be honest.
What if the Igbos from the Eastern Region or say Ojukwu being the SE Region governor in the aftermath of January 1966 had issued the following statement:
"We wish to make this known to the whole and Nigerians, the peoples bearing Igbo-sounding names
and speaking Igbo dialects in the Mid-Western Region are actually Bini and Igalla people.
If you thought they are Igbo, they are not and are actually from a city called Bini, their fathers migrated
down and somehow forgot their Bini tongue and just found it expedient to adopt Igbo language,
Igbo names, Igbo traditions over their native Bini ones.
So we wish to clarify that it was these Bini people called Ikas who killed Ahmadu Bello,Akintola, Balewa,
Ademulegun,Shodeinde, Largema,Okotie-Eboh and others.
Eastern Region Igbos do not recognize these impostors and Nigerians should be wary of them too."
Now how about that? Just like the way Oliseh and the rest are publicly denouncing...aint it okay too?
Have you ever wondered why during the civil war campaign, after Asaba indigenes came out singing "One Nigeria"
to welcome the Federal soldiers...they were invited to the square, men and boys were separated from women.
And then on the orders of Murtala and Ibrahim Taiwo...over 700 of these men and boys were gunned down in one fell swoop.
No where in the whole history of the civil war was this repeated, even when the federal troops were taking SE Igbo towns
one after the other.
The Northern officers knew that the bulk of the officers who killed in cold blood the leaders of other regions were Ikas.
Even Ifeajuna from Onicha being Zik's cousin was Anioma...did you know that?
The Eastern Region could have saved themselves enormous loss in lives if they had simply taken the route Oliseh and his
kinsfolk are taking now...clarify where you belong. Don't you think so?
Or lets carry it to a logical conclusion, cos I'm surprised the Igbos in their typical crude manner have not started calling
the bluffs of these shameless people.
What if where ever the Ikas and Aniomas stand up in a public setting to introduce themselves and announce their names,
(and ofcourse it will be some hard core Igbo name)...an Igbo speaker rises up and tells the audience...
"don't mind that man bearing Igbo names, he's actually a Bini man bearing an Igbo name.Don't confuse them for Igbos. I do not know why they are not comfortable with their Bini culture and tradition.Please tell them to stop the attachment to anything Igbo".
Imagine if the next Nigerian at the Euston Ted talk being an Igbo man had done that.
Swell punch..don't ya think.[/b]

Source: PabloAfricanus.

6 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by AnambraDota: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2015
Oliseh is just ignorant and stuupid, when Keshi selected his AfCon squad in 2013 Yoruba and Hausas tagged it Biafra National team because Keshi is from Illah another Aniomatown in Delta State.

Do Oliseh think they will treat him like an Ahmed or Segun if he fork up, they will remind him of his root even if he mass produced the TED talk video and distributed for free to who cares.

I have friends and family members from Anioma, so Oliseh can be whatever he choses to be like Bruce sorry Caitlyn Jenner did

10 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2015
AnambraDota:
Oliseh is just ignorant and stuupid, when Keshi selected his AfCon squad in 2013 Yoruba and Hausas tagged it Biafra National team because Keshi is from Illah another Aniomatown in Delta State.

Do Oliseh think they will treat him like an Ahmed or Segun if he fork up, they will remind him of his root even if he mass produced the TED talk video and distributed for free to who cares.

I have friends and family members from Anioma, so Oliseh can be whatever he choses to be like Bruce sorry Caitlyn Jenner did
Funny my dear. Even more funny when you mentioned the name 'Biafra national team'. The same people he wants to please will turn around to taunt him when the going gets tough. Let him ask Keshi if he dosent know what selective amnesia is?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by abagoro(m): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2015
AnambraDota:

You guys are so incorporated in Igbo that you cannot see through the glasses. Igbos are generally self destructive and derive joy being victims of what they didn't do.

When some Delta boys took up arms and assassinated leaders of other ethnic groups, the rest of the country condemned their acts but Igbos hailed them as heroes instead of condemning such. The resultant effect was massacre of Igbos to revenge killing by the uninformed youthful soldiers. Isn't it ironical that same Deltans condemned the coup and resisted Biafra to the last.

Today the subject is Jonathan's recent destruction of Nigeria which the entire world including Europe, America and Niger Deltans condemned but alas only Igbos are causing trouble because Jonathan lost. Now I will still tell you that the rest of the country will still unite against Igbos including the Bayelsa where Jonathan comes from.

8 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by hakeem4(m): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2015
Who's ojukwu
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 07, 2015
abagoro:

You guys are so incorporated in Igbo that you cannot see through the glasses. Igbos are generally self destructive and derive joy being victims of what they didn't do.

When some Delta boys took up arms and assassinated leaders of other ethnic groups, the rest of the country condemned their acts but Igbos hailed them as heroes instead of condemning such. The resultant effect was massacre of Igbos to revenge killing by the uninformed youthful soldiers. Isn't it ironical that same Deltans condemned the coup and resisted Biafra to the last.

Today the subject is Jonathan's recent destruction of Nigeria which the entire world including Europe, America and Niger Deltans condemned but alas only Igbos are causing trouble because Jonathan lost. Now I will still tell you that the rest of the country will still unite against Igbos including the Bayelsa where Jonathan comes from.

Abagworo has spoken his mind. Well good to hear your view.

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by owobokiri(m): 10:02am On Aug 07, 2015
Just let the sleeping dog lie. It is a very humbling topic, but let it be. . Time will fix all things. This is just a phase and believe me, it can't get worse than this. There are many ikas who don't tow this line too, even on forum like this. . , their matured approach should comfort you too. . Don't forget, these communities went through hell during the war and were desperate for a rezpite. . That doesn't excuse this behaviour but atleast it provide a base for all to move on. . We in the hinterland should also accept our failures in the larger Nigerian politics. As long as we are still in the periphery, unable to force our way in and wrestle that "cake" away from the hands of our traducers, we lack the bargaining chips to solidify an igbo base that will be all inclusive. Give time, plot strategically, ignore the taunts and ruthlessly pursue ultimate power. . , it is power that dictates. . Don't sweat it bro, igbos know themselves world over. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 10:07am On Aug 07, 2015
[b] ANIOMA AND THEIR FUTURE IN A PROPOSED NIGER DELTA REGION Anioma people had always been victims of domination real or imagined. It dates from the colonial era. They were balkanized and lumped for “domestic colonization” by the dominant Bini of old Benin Province and Urhobo of the old Delta Province. Abraka , an Urhobo town was at a time the headquarters of the old Aboh division. Leading to the neglect of core Ndokwa land while the Enuanis of Asaba had to fight to get their voice considered in the old Benin Province. It was strange that Anioma people throughout its colonial history was never consistuted into a distinct Igbo speaking province despite covering an area of over 7,000 km2 with a relatively large and sophisticated indigenous population. Today , we have found ourselves mainly in a Delta State and as usual failed political leadership have not thought it wise to deliberate on our future in a Delta State , prospects of an Anioma State and our future in a Niger Delta region. This is critical because we are often considered now as a small minority in Delta State. Nigeria is going through a very critical time yet our people do not seem to ask ourselves questions and self-reflect. If Nigeria is to be restructured into regions could we be better and stronger position in the present South-south or in a Southeast? It should be noted that our present definition as part of Delta does have its own merits. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 10:10am On Aug 07, 2015
[b] These includes 1) More Capital for development –Delta is one of the richest states in Nigeria. Anioma hosts the state’s capital Asaba and this means a centre that will it will always attract government attention. Also Delta workers get one of the fattest salaries in the entire country. The Niger-Delta (Southern) region accounts for over 90 per cent of Nigeria’s oil wealth translating to more than 80 per cent of the capital rose for the authorities for development. With the prospect of increment of derivation, the Niger Delta will be very rich and since an Anioma town is Delta’s capital, there will be spillover of some of the development to other Anioma towns gradually opening up the area. 2) Preservation of our minority identity-Despite being Igbos, Anioma people kind of cherish their own distinct sub-identity. Being in a Niger Delta region could project that identity since it is supposed to be a region for minorities. However, there are possible and realistic demerits involved with associating or being placed in a Niger Delta region 1) IGBOPHOBISM –Believe it or not , Anioma people are Igbos. Since the Niger-Delta is projected as a minority region, this will undermine our interest . This is unfortunately the situation in the present Delta State. There are some evidences suggesting that we are actually the largest group in the state but anti-Igbo sentiments and indifference and lack of political will by Anioma elites and people generally have made us a “minority”. With an Anioma man as Gov, there is a growing trend to split Anioma people as if there are 3 different groups of Ika,” Igbo” and Ukwuani in oder to make it easier to lord over them and secondly to ensure they never come together and perpetually remain as “minorities”. If this trend continues it will have negative implications for us in a Niger Delta region. 2) POLICY OF DEVELOPMENT- With the policy of allocating a substantial part of oil revenues to oil producing areas, Aniomaland will not get that needed attention for development. This is reflected in the deliberate allocation of 50 per cent of the funds via the 13 per cent derivation funds to DESOPADEC, the duplication of projects, the fact that the federal government will never take Anioma alnd as an area of priority for development in the ethnic-sensitive Niger Delta etc. This also explains why the NDDC and the Niger Delta Ministry cannot point to several projects that is worth mentioning in Anioma land. Also this explains why Anioma alnd despite its long stretch along the Niger was not considered to host a single river port because decision-makers assume that with four seaports at Warri, Sapele, Burutu and Koko, Delta State is already well adequately served. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2015
[b] 4) The next question would be how come the Ikwerre and other Igbo speaking peoples of Rivers State are readily accepted as Niger Deltans whereas Aniomans who are grouped as Igbos despite some geographical uniqueness. The answers are as follows – a)The Ikwerre and other Igbo speaking peoples of Rivers State tend to be “hostile” to their eastern Igbo kith and kin. The Anioma on the other hand especially those from the Aniocha-Oshimili axis are not or are just indifferent. If the Anioma had been hostile to their eastern kith and kin, they would have been regarded as “non-Igbos”. I even heard from some sources that the Ogba people of Omoku in Rivers State do not sell land to Igbos. Anioma people except for a small minority do not have this kind of mentality. b)Most “core Niger Deltans” are often intimidated by the caliber of persons Anioma land has produced and keep producing. The human capital is quite rich considering the modest population of the people. On the other hand, the Rivers Igbos until recently did not really project themselves as a very resourceful people. They are too domestic (tied to Rivers State) and were easily manipulated by external forces to transfer unfounded hostilities even to their own detriment. A sort of emancipation came when Bayelsa was created and they became without doubt the most powerful political force within Rivers State. [/b]
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 10:14am On Aug 07, 2015
[b] c) The roles in the Civil war must have played a part. Anioma people in most part supported their eastern kith and kin and fought for Biafra producing thousands of veterans are a result. They were fully involved in the “Igbo coup” of January, 1966 and suffered in the counter coup of July, 1966. The Rivers Igbos did not play such a role like the Aniomas. In fact a good percentage of them, not all of course supported the Nigerian forces . They are also accused by the eastern Igbo to have absconded with their properties in Port Harcourt which is yet another source of conflict. d) The Anioma people are homogenous being just of Enuani or Ukwuani stock. This is not the situation with the Rivers Igbos. The Ekpeye (Ahoada) speak a dialect which is practically a distinct Igbo language. Yet you have the Etche which is clearly related to Owerri axis of Imo and most Igbos including Anioma would naturally find the dialect quite intelligible. No special arrangement has been made to bring the Ogba, Ekpeye, Etche and Ikwerre together like Anioma people. They are even scattered in different senatorial districts. There has been some attempt to bring the Ogba and Ekpeye as one “Orashi ethnic group” but bringing them together will require some time and efforts. With the Rivers Igbo politically fragmented they cannot pose any threat to the political interests of their non-Igbo speaking neighbours. [/b]
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Change2015(m): 10:15am On Aug 07, 2015
The people who claim every ibo-speaker for their biafra project are deluded. Instead of using persuasion to deal with reality, they paper over the many cracks in igbo society, hoping to impress outsiders with the resulting numbers. Onicha and anioma etc, have always been on the fringes on the core East and were for quite a while, integrated into the Benin Empire. Their path has been different enough historically irrespective of whether they share a language. (Exactly the same problem with assuming everyone in the north is hausa). Perhaps the Peoples of Nigeria who were empire builders in the past, actually learned something in that process that many Igbos have failed to take on. Unity, the power of ideas and persuasion, and the forging of cross cultural ties to enhance power, security and opportunity...

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 10:15am On Aug 07, 2015
[b] e) Oil is no longer as expensive as it used to be but its still a powerful political tool in Nigeria and the main source of revenue for the federal government. Oil production from Anioma has grown substantially since the past few years and if Anioma had been a state, it would rank as the fifth most endowed state in oil and gas in the country. But its still not as substantial as the Rivers Igbo area. Port Harcourt and Omoku are generally regarded as oil and gas centers. From our experience, it seems that the greater oil you have in your area the more Niger Deltan you become. f) Anioma is not of strategic interest to the federal government compared to the Rivers Igbo area. We dont have massive oil reserves , we are mainly not Igbophobists and lastly and very importantly we don’t have any access to the sea. The Rivers Igbos have all these “advantages”. It is therefore wrong for anyone to compare the Anioma to the Rivers Igbos including their interests. 5) If we are we constituted as part of a Niger Delta, it will bring to question the cohesiveness of the Anioma people. Some of our detractors would want to leave us fragmented and the result is that we will end up being different “ethnic groups” in the region. Yet another case of divide and conquer. It should be noted that these are my personal reflections. Personally I prefer a political alliance with the southeast. I will write on that in subsequent write-ups. Opinions are welcomed! [/b]
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 10:21am On Aug 07, 2015
Btw, I culled that from an Anioma facebook group, by the name; PROUDLY ANIOMA: PROUDLY IGBO.

The writer of that piece is Osita Mordi. An Anioma member of that group.

I don't agree with all he wrote there, but I just want to put that out there. As the piece represents to a certain degree the things fueling Anioma's identity crisis.

I will be back later to bare my own thoughts on this discussion.
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2015
owobokiri:
Just let the sleeping dog lie. It is a very humbling topic, but let it be. . Time will fix all things. This is just a phase and believe me, it can't get worse than this. There are many ikas who don't tow this line too, even on forum like this. . , their matured approach should comfort you too. . Don't forget, these communities went through hell during the war and were desperate for a rezpite. . That doesn't excuse this behaviour but atleast it provide a base for all to move on. . We in the hinterland should also accept our failures in the larger Nigerian politics. As long as we are still in the periphery, unable to force our way in and wrestle that "cake" away from the hands of our traducers, we lack the bargaining chips to solidify an igbo base that will be all inclusive. Give time, plot strategically, ignore the taunts and ruthlessly pursue ultimate power. . , it is power that dictates. . Don't sweat it bro, igbos know themselves world over. .

I use to think like this too, but recently I had been pondering; of what use is a brother that will only identity with you when the goings are good, but not in Times of adversity? Knowing fully well that the whole world would identify with you when the going is good.

I came to the conclusion that such a brother is useless, and one you can do without.
If we need to be at the top of our prowess to have the Anioma fully identify with us, then it's safe to say we don't need them, as virtually the whole wide world would identify with us, if we attain such levels.

But is the Anioma situation really as simple as I had presented above? The answer is No. Cos within the Anioma, we still have proud Igbos, do we throw the baby with the bad water? No.

So, what do we do?

Personally, I would embrace any Anioma that accepts his Igbo identity, and simply ignore those with identity crisis.

3 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Macelliot(m): 10:55am On Aug 07, 2015
The politics of oil has really divided the Igbo Nation...
The arewa-oduanistans tactics to divide us...

3 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 07, 2015
pazienza:

I use to think like this too, but recently I had been pondering; of what use is a brother that will only identity with you when the goings are good, but not in Times of adversary? Knowing fully well that the whole world would identify with you when the going are good,

I came to the conclusion that such a brother is useless, and one you can do without.

If we need to be at the top of our prowess to have the Anioma fully identify with us, then it's safe to say we don't need them, as virtually the whole wide world would identify with us, if we attain such levels.

But is the Anioma situation really as simple as I had presented above? The answer is No. Cos within the Anioma, we still have proud Igbos, do we throw the baby with the bad water? No.

So, what do we do?

Personally, I would embrace any Anioma that accepts his Igbo identity, and simply ignore those with identity crisis.

I agree with the bolded wholeheartedly. And I feel that from our current predicament Olisa bi nelu is definitely placing a brighter future for the Igbo either in Nigeria or elsewhere. And when that time comes only those who stood up to be counted will be considered. History will surely justify the patriots. Dalu my Aniocha/Oshimili peeps, Dalu my Egbema/Asa/Obigbo peeps. Igwebuike.

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by zendy: 11:20am On Aug 07, 2015
Oliseh ( which is how Delta Igbos pronounce 'Olisah' meaning God) introduced him self as "Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh" then immediately said " and if you are Igbo, I am not Igbo" after which he laughed.

Am I the only one who could see that the man was just joking and never denied being Igbo?

Another thing that amuses me is the way some Urohbos, Itshekiris, Isokos and even some Yorubas vehemently agree that Delta-Igbos are not Igbos but behind the back of the Delta-Igbo Man they will say "look at that Igbo man".

2 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 07, 2015
abagoro:

You were making sense until you derailed and you derailed so badly beyond help. Jonathan did not destroy Nigeria, if anything he tried to unite her but your power-hungry Huasa-Fulani folks prefer divide and rule and to make Nigeria ungovernable. The result is what you get.

4 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 11:27am On Aug 07, 2015
Chiwude:

I agree with the bolded wholeheartedly. And I feel that from our current predicament Olisa bi nelu is definitely placing a brighter future for the Igbo either in Nigeria or elsewhere. And when that time comes only those who stood up to be counted will be considered. History will surely justify the patriots. Dalu my Aniocha/Oshimili peeps, Dalu my Egbema/Asa/Obigbo peeps. Igwebuike.

Bro, you see that's the problem. Even in Abavo awo, there are proud Igbos there.

Igbodo and Ekwuoma are two proud Igbo towns of Ika extraction, We use to have an Igbodo man on this forum by the moniker " Ogbuefi", dude was a proud Igbo man and defended Igbo integrity on this NL forum and on Best Nigerian forum.
Even the Obi of Owa wrote a published book proclaiming his Nri ancestry.

This Anioma identity crisis,issue is like a fly that perched on the scrotum, you can't just kill it without injuring yourself in the process.

You want to rule out Ikas as proud Igbos, but what about proud Igbos amongst them? Do you punish the innocents just to get at the guilty ones?

I say No.

3 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by AnambraDota: 11:31am On Aug 07, 2015
pazienza:
Btw, I culled that from an Anioma facebook group, by the name; PROUDLY ANIOMA: PROUDLY IGBO.

The writer of that piece is Osita Mordi. An Anioma member of that group.

I don't agree with all he wrote there, but I just want to put that out there. As the piece represents to a certain degree the things fueling Anioma's identity crisis.

I will be back later to bare my own thoughts on this discussion.

Osita Mordi is one of the most respected, intelligent and sophisticated historian I have ever seen, the dude is deep and with great erudition.
Am his FB friend.
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2015
Chiwude:

Bro, you see that's the problem. Even in Abavo awo, there are proud Igbos there.

Igbodo and Ekwuoma are two proud Igbo towns of Ika extraction, We use to have an Igbodo man on this forum by the moniker " Ogbuefi", dude was a proud Igbo man and defended Igbo integrity on this NL forum and on Best Nigerian forum. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbodo

This Anioma identity crisis,issue is like a fly that perched on the scrotum, you can't just kill it without injuring yourself in the process.

Even in Rivers state, do you know that the late Ogbuehi Francis Ellah, the Eze Ogba was a proud Igbo man until the day of his death and represented Ndiigbo at national conference in 1999? Do you think he and his families are the only remaining Proud Igbos of Ogba extraction?

How about the Uche Okwukwus and Agumas of Ikwerreland, the Obi walis ? Do you condemn them with the rest of Igbophobic Ikwerres?

You want to rule out Ikas as proud Igbos, but what about proud Igbos amongst them? Do you punish the innocents just to get to the guilty ones?

I say No, Even the biblical God was going to ignore Sodom and Gomorrah if he found atleast 3 righteous people there. Well we have hundreds of proud Igbo people in those Igbophobic Igbo lands, so I say let's Ignore the Igbophobic ones, for the sake of the Igbotic ones.

That's my personal suggestion.

2 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2015
pazienza:

Igbodo and Ekwuoma are two proud Igbo towns of Ika extraction, We use to have an Igbodo man on this forum by the moniker " Ogbuefi", dude was a proud Igbo man and defended Igbo integrity on this NL forum and on Best Nigerian forum.

You want to rule out Ikas as proud Igbos, but what about proud Igbos amongst them? Do you punish the innocents with just to get to the guilty ones?

I say No.
Yeah I remember Ogbuefi. I remembered how he ferociously defended his Ika folks from Bini usurpers. From the heated argument in the Nigerian Best Forum he rushed in pursuit to confront the denials to Nairaland. That dude was one hell of a guy. He was even one of the main reason for my joining nairaland. It is for his sake and other proud Ika Igbo that I try as much to ignore the likes of Oliseh. But my brother no matter how difficult you try to ignore these minorities it seems as if their voices booms louder than the silent majority. Our people say that when oil stains one finger it spreads to others.

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by AnambraDota: 11:47am On Aug 07, 2015
zendy:
Oliseh ( which is how Delta Igbos pronounce 'Olisah' meaning God) introduced him self as "Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh" then immediately said " and if you are Igbo, I am not Igbo" after which he laughed.

Am I the only one who could see that the man was just joking and never denied being Igbo?

Another thing that amuses me is the way some Urohbos, Itshekiris, Isokos and even some Yorubas vehemently agree that Delta-Igbos are not Igbos but behind the back of the Delta-Igbo Man they will say "look at that Igbo man".

You don't even understand what your saying, isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw or Itshekiri know Aniomas are Igbos, Yoruba and Hausas know they are Igbos.

They only chose what favours then when.

This is where Urhobo Progressive Union is accusing Aniomas of using the advantage of SE Igbos to hijack FG appointments in meant for Delta State.

Go through this link and see where the UPU was calling them Igbos.

www.advocateng.com/upu-berate-aniomas-on-2015-guber-quest-accuses-them-of-hijacking-all-fg-appointments-meant-for-delta-state/

During 2013 AfCon Yoruba media houses called Keshi's team "Biafra National Team" because it was Igbo dominated.
Hausa and Yorubas didn't call the team Ika or Anioma or Ndokwa dominated team but Biafra dominated team because of majority Igbo players.

Do you think that if they want to kill during riot in North that they will ask

Igbos go to left,

Aniomas go to right,

Ikas go to center,

Ndokwa sit on the floor

....after which they will slaughter Igbos and give the rest Kirishi and Suya garnished with Onion and Lettuce to eat while sipping fura d nunu grin grin grin

You better wake up oooooooooooooooooooooo

5 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2015
AnambraDota:

Osita Mordi is one of the most respected, intelligent and sophisticated historian I have ever seen, the dude is deep and with great erudition.
Am his FB friend.

I just knew him from that group. He always makes reasonable inputs there. He is quite intelligent.
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by abagoro(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2015
Xetima:

You were making sense until you derailed and you derailed so badly beyond help. Jonathan did not destroy Nigeria, if anything he tried to unite her but your power-hungry Huasa-Fulani folks prefer divide and rule and to make Nigeria ungovernable. The result is what you get.

I guess Americans, Europeans, Africans, Rivers people are equally Hausa-Fulani. Do you think only Igbos have this your perception (which of course is false)? Why not let Ogbia and Bayelsans cause the trouble and face the consequences than buy a case you have no hand in. The resultant war will still lead to Bayelsans conniving with the rest of Nigeria against you.

Igbos really need to understand this my adage. Failure is denied by the parents but Igbos adopt failures as children in Nigerian politics. People like Pat Utomi are success and are solidly into Igboism but because he supports Buhari or is against rebellion, they will label him traitor.

2 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2015
Chiwude:
Yeah I remember Ogbuefi. I remembered how he ferociously defended his Ika folks from Bini usurpers. From the heated argument in the Nigerian Best Forum he rushed in pursuit to confront the denials to Nairaland. That dude was one hell of a guy. He was even one of the main reason for my joining nairaland. It is for his sake and other proud Ika Igbo that I try as much to ignore the likes of Oliseh. But my brother no matter how difficult you try to ignore these minorities it seems as if their voices booms louder than the silent majority. Our people say that when oil stains one finger it spreads to others.

I understand where you are coming from. The Anioma situation can be humiliating for an Igbo man from the SE. The natural impulse is to deny those that deny you.

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by AnambraDota: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2015
abagoro:

I guess Americans, Europeans, Africans, Rivers people are equally Hausa-Fulani. Do you think only Igbos have this your perception (which of course is false)? Why not let Ogbia and Bayelsans cause the trouble and face the consequences than buy a case you have no hand in. The resultant war will still lead to Bayelsans conniving with the rest of Nigeria against you.

Igbos really need to understand this my adage. Failure is denied by the parents but Igbos adopt failures as children in Nigerian politics. People like Pat Utomi are success and are solidly into Igboism but because he supports Buhari or is against rebellion, they will label him traitor.

What about Igbo APC in Lagos that went to Akiolu to pledge their solidarity and were threatened with genocide, what is your take on that
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by ARIZONA123(m): 11:56am On Aug 07, 2015
abagoro:

. What is this one saying! Abagworo. Onye PH. Leave igbo matter for igbos biko. Hiaaaannnn!

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by pazienza(m): 11:59am On Aug 07, 2015
abagoro:

Igbos are loyal to a fault. Once we are with you, or see you as one of our own, we would always stand by your side, in failure and in success. GEJ won in 2011, we were with him, and even now that he lost, we are still with him.

Such trait will serve us well in Biafra, but I see why such could be a big problem for us in an anomalous entity like Nigeria.

And since Igbos will never stop being Igbos, ie we can never master the treachery game other Nigerians play. Our best bet I had concluded is Biafra. If not we will keep going in circles.

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 07, 2015
abagoro:

Nobody labelled Pat Utomi a traitor. I repeat no one. In the case of my Governor Rochas he is to blame for his misfortune. There was no doubt that he was loved by his own people even after aligning with APC. However, his penchant for courting controversies nailed his coffin. You hardly find an Hausa man insulting his people just to prove a useless political point. I used to be a huge fanatic of his until I discovered his chameleonic attitude. Well let us not deviate from the thread. Please let's stick to the topic.

3 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by asha80(m): 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
abagoro:

my comment is off topic...that the west condemn your government does not mean they are really wishing you the best...it is a case of if their interest is served by your govt.eg Libya,iraq

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi To Be Allocated Minister Of Defence / ''we Are Suffering Under Buhari''--kaduna Ram Dealers / Obama Receives Formal Petition Against Buhari For Disregard Of Court Orders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.