Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Good People,great Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good People,great Nation (872 Views)

NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION, TERRIBLE GOVERNMENT / Nigeria, Good People, Great Nation / Nigeria: Good People, Great Nation, Good Leaders, Great Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good People,great Nation by jesuseun1(m): 6:57am On Mar 21, 2009
fellow compatriots,

This thread is about good Nigerians who are doing somethings great either at home or in diaspora,Also about good things things happening in Nigeria.enough of focusing on our wealkesses as a nation,lets start talking and write about the negative side of nigeria .enough of promoting our negative side and weaknesses, enough of yahoo yahoo,corruption ,election rigging,power failure,kicknapping,militancy,bribery and corruption in public sector especially among our police.it is true that they real,in this thread ,lets pretend as if they are not there.Lets contribute and write about the good side of our great nation in sports,politics,medicine,engineering,media,jornalism and so on.

i dont think we are all corrupt,i dont think we are all militants,i dont think we are all 419ners,i dont think we all give and take bribe.i dont think it is all our police men that takes bribe.there is still exceptional Nigerians who are invlove in a noble cause,lets talk about them.

i dont think it is all our roads that are bad,i dont think there is 24hrs blackout all over d nation,i dont think its all our traffic lights that are not working.lets talk and give news about good things happening in our communities,at least we can all see what is happening in lagos.if it can happen in lagos ,it can as well happpen all over the nation,its a gradual thing.

what we see is what we get.it is true that our country is not yet where we want her to be,it might seems as if we are stagnant or moving backward,but we are really moving forward ,the movement might be slow.

positive contributions are welcome from u guys.good pple,great nation.
Re: Good People,great Nation by jesuseun1(m): 7:11am On Mar 21, 2009
for instance if u read the punch of wed,march 18th,2009,pg 72.it talks about three US based nigerians who may be part of obama govt.they are professional who may emerge as white house fellows under obama govt.they are among 108 regional finalist being consider for the limitedslots this year as white house fellows.the nigerians are Abimbola Omoniyi(a surgoen), obinna onyeagoro( a business analyst),charles Asomugha(a peadiatrician).

later this month,an interview will be conducted for the 108 including the 3 nigerians,which afterwards 30 finalists will be selected,and the 3 nigerians might be among.d prog is regarded as america most prestigious prog for leadership and public service.
Re: Good People,great Nation by jesuseun1(m): 7:16am On Mar 21, 2009
there is traffic light now at iyana ejigbo junction and jakande estate junction ,this as ease traffic congestion a lot.kudos to our Gov fashola.

also at ikotun junction,construction of a round about is in progress,which i believe will ease traffic.bravo to gov fashola
Re: Good People,great Nation by jesuseun1(m): 7:19am On Mar 21, 2009
fifa has invites aishat falode to world cup tour in south africa,this is a gud news.she is to be part of the media awareness tour in SA.read futher in d punch of wed, march 18,pg 79

MORE contributions are welcome from u guys.together we will lead and make change.
Re: Good People,great Nation by kosovo(m): 7:46am On Mar 21, 2009
no comment!
Re: Good People,great Nation by pga2009: 7:47am On Mar 22, 2009
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][i][i]"i don't think we are all corrupt,i don't think we are all militants,i don't think we are all 419ners,i don't think we all give and take bribe.i don't think it is all our police men that takes bribe.there is still exceptional Nigerians who are involve in a noble cause,lets talk about them."

"i don't think it is all our roads that are bad,i don't think there is 24hrs blackout all over d nation,i don't think its all our traffic lights that are not working.lets talk and give news about good things happening in our communities,at least we can all see what is happening in Lagos.if it can happen in Lagos ,it can as well happen all over the nation,its  a gradual thing."
[/i][/i]
[/font]

nice thots and interesting things said which i commend, but i hope it's coming from ur heart and not from ur pocket, catch it? grin
Re: Good People,great Nation by proudly9ja(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2009
NIGERIAN FINDS CURE FOR DIABETES

It’s official – a Nigerian scientist, Louis Obyo Obyo Nelson, has finally found a cure for the dreaded diabetes disease which afflicts over 123 million sufferers all over the world.
The minister of state for health, Aliyu Idi Hong, Tuesday, described as “epoch and historical” the production of Antidiabetic Phytophar-maceutical by Nelson in collaboration with the Nigerian Pharmaceutical Research and Development.
Diabetes is a potentially life- threatening condition in mammals brought about by an inability of the mammals to produce insulin. Insulin, a polypeptide hormone produced in the pancreas of the mammal, controls the amounts of glucose present in the blood by stimulating the uptake of glucose by the muscle and adipose tissue.
Re: Good People,great Nation by jesuseun1(m): 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2009
great contributions from u guys! d thread is just to make us develop a consious effort to beyond our present predicament as a nation.

more contributions are welcome.remember only good news,great impact and great happening are only welcome.tell us the good things ur govt is doing in ur communities and states.
Re: Good People,great Nation by SuperPap: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2009
heres anoda 1
Jesu seun, member of nairaland forum, opens thread to promote naija regardless of what the rundown people like kobojunkie and kosovo would say.

Nice 1 dude.
All around lagos iv bin seeing traffic lights to help make the streets sane. Brt is working nicely. More indigenous telecoms and satelite tv provider, banks, henbe more jobs.

Oh! Naija!
Good people, Great Nation!
Re: Good People,great Nation by jesuseun1(m): 7:46am On Apr 02, 2009
i think one of d good thing the FG is doing is d free immunization of infants.it has really gone to the remote areas in Nigeria,my baby is presently benefiting from it.and i know millions of infants are benefitting too.we ought to be paying close to 1k for every immunization appointment in our private hospital but we opted for the free immunization in a primary health care center in our area,which is free.i think this is commendable.

i know its only in d north the program havs been having resistance from d pple,but their emirs are mediating on behalf of FG to convinced d pple about the programme.

kudos to FG.
Re: Good People,great Nation by gessense(m): 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2009

May God Help Nigeria. Amen.
Re: Good People,great Nation by jesuseun1(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2009
i believe God will help us as a nation.but we all need to see d change,embrace d change and promote d change.we shoud remember d story of caleb and joshua,we need to hav a diffrent attitude like dem.
Re: Good People,great Nation by xterra2(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2009
Nigeria; Good people,great nation ,USELESS GOVERNMENT
Re: Good People,great Nation by Pepeye(f): 7:54am On Apr 14, 2009
Its obviously a tactical way of looting public funds
Re: Good People,great Nation by jesuseun1(m): 10:53pm On May 02, 2009
@xterra2 ,lets remember that dis tread is for us to post the positive little thing our govt is doing and the exploits of great nigerians all over d world, it is not to post a statement as useless govermment,if u say dat ,u are also inclusive,hav u forgottten dat democracy is d govt of the pple for the ppple and by the pple.so please such words are not allowed in dis tread.lets stop bad mouthing our nation.
Re: Good People,great Nation by jesuseun1(m): 10:56pm On May 02, 2009
if u watch the news at 10 on STV ON sat may 2nd 2009, a nigerian scientist has won the int'l science competition .he is a young agricultural lecturer.his design is on bio diesel.

gud pple great nation.

(1) (Reply)

Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? / Niger Delta Re-orientation Program / Adesina Impeached:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.