Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Was Eve Really A Woman? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Eve Really A Woman? (5734 Views)

Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? / Did Adam And Eve Really Exist? / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by deuce7(m): 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
You are not sure any preaching can't change my mind, unless you have concluded that there's no convincing proof for me of his existence.

You have said that your soo so sure about your stand on religion, why leave room for a change of heart?

I think what can change your heart is divine touch because your more intelligent than any of our bible preachers.
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
I've got proof that GOD is so real.

I know you won't understand but keep searching you'll get there...

Don't be Scared of athiests that always question the existence of God, Be scared of those that beyond the questions (the silent phase).
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by freecocoa(f): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
deuce7:

You have said that your soo so sure about your stand on religion, why leave room for a change of heart?

I think what can change your heart is divine touch because your more intelligent than any of our bible preachers.
I am agnostic atheist, anything can happen.
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by tpiander: 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
Is google your enemy btw.

you can just google the info you are looking for.

1 Like

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by freecocoa(f): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
tpiander:
Is google your enemy btw.

you can just google the info you are looking for.
Yea Tpia, google is my emeny.
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Eddlad: 10:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
Yea Tpia, google is my emeny.

So what do you want to prove or draw our attention to.

1 Like

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Tolexander: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2015
freecocoa:
So I should leave them be, abi.grin
sure, instead of having your worry complicated!
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by johnydon22(m): 10:57am On Aug 08, 2015
Nothing is more hurtful, degrading, sad, pitiful than seeing Africans hyping the myths of other people more than theirs yet none of them knows anything about theirs. . .You will see them swearing and hyping Jewish myth as a universal truth..

It is indeed a tragedy to Africa..

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by tpiander: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2015
the op is not a christian, so hold your horses.
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by menesheh(m): 11:24am On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Nothing is more hurtful, degrading, sad, pitiful than seeing Africans hyping the myths of other people more than theirs yet none of them knows anything about theirs. . .You will see them swearing and hyping Jewish myth as a universal truth..

cheesy

You don't blame us. We taste for anything foreign, not only religion, especially whatever that come from whitemen.

2 Likes

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by johnydon22(m): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:

cheesy

You don't blame us. We taste for anything foreign, not only religion, especially whatever that come from whitemen.

If the missionaries had brought Greek myth here instead all of these folks will swear by their left butt than GOD (Zeus) created the world or if they brought plain Roman mythology here they would have been hyping Jupiter and mars same way...

Most of them here hyping this jewish myth have no idea that the same Genesis creation account as absurd as it sounds which they chose to ignore was a reworked version of the Babylonian creation story Enuma elish... Sometimes ignorance is bliss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Osisie(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
What is this thing with Atheists and God?

Apparently, without GOD there'll be no atheists. Atheists need something to disprove - GOD.

So, Atheists need GOD to stay relevant....of course for all the wrong reasons.

*In 2face Idibia's voice*
One Love, Nothing dey Happen

5 Likes

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
The question is was Eve a clone of Adam? The answer is no! Saying she was a clone of Adam cos a rib from Adam was taken to create her, would be like saying Adam is a clone of the dust from which he was taken from.

5 Likes

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by MuttleyLaff: 2:59am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:
"And the lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon adam, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
And the rib which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
And Adam said, this is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh, she shall be called woman because she was taken out of man"
Genesis:2:21-23.

I came across this and was wondering, because I know that the DNA in the rib when used in creating a clone, will give a replica of the original rib owner, so how come a woman was created out of a man's rib?
First, because that is the only bone out of 206 bones in the body that regrows itself back

Second, if you've admitted knowing that the DNA has genetic instructions used in the development, functioning and reproduction of all known living organisms and many viruses (i.e. the DNA in the rib has instructions when used in creating a clone) why are you asking how come a woman was created out of a man's rib?

freecocoa:
Please Bible people help me out here
We are light years away from replicating what God did in making Eve
It is a huge step for man at the moment but it wasn't that much of a step for God when He made Eve from Adam's rib
freecocoa, brush up on bone marrow and stem cells to get a face palmed clearer picture
whilst doing that you'll see how we are slowing making strides in that direction too

3 Likes

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by MuttleyLaff: 2:59am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:
1. A woman created by taking the rib off a man and inserting into a moulded structure
Easily done by God

freecocoa:
I'd like to know how this happened, as it is still biologically impossible
Already answered this when I mentioned that we are in an extremely long time far in the future in biologically making this possible

We are making small strides in regrowing limbs and organs using stem cells obtained from bone marrows, however this is a far cry in regrowing limbs and organs for a full bodied human being like was done for Eve

3 Likes

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Auxigen(m): 3:30am On Oct 26, 2015
Eve wasn't a CLONE
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by GerogeI(m): 5:27am On Oct 31, 2015
freecocoa:
"And the lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon adam, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, this is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh, she shall be called woman because she was taken out of man"

I came across this and was wondering, because I know that the DNA in the rib when used in creating a clone, will give a replica of the original rib owner, so how come a woman was created out of a man's rib?

Please Bible people help me out here.

Is this really hard for you? - talking from scientific point of view.
From Genetics, even a lion can be turned into a. Tigger.

So basically God could have taken out the rib, re-engineered both Adam and the genetic material in his rib in a Yin Yang Fashion. Allow Adam to heal, and let embryonic or stem cell like rib material develop into a full being via cell multiplication and variation according to the blue print design he added to the DNA.

Are you aware that it is due to our likely ability to create all kinds of biological things that Genetic Engineering is Highly regulated world wide?

2 Likes

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
freeDR:
Someone will soon tell you that the ways of God are not the ways of man. That some spiritual things are too deep to understand grin

kai, chai grin grin grin guy where you dey, 3 cold crates of any beer of your choice dey await you.... u finish talk for here grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
What if Adam wasn't a "Man" what if Adam was A sexual? I don't know! Who i gonna ask

Nice try op cheesy
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 19, 2016
freecocoa:
"And the lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon adam, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, this is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh, she shall be called woman because she was taken out of man"

and since you dont believe in the bible why dont you just let it be?
Why the incessant discrepancies and arguments and you keep incuring Wrath upon yourself.
Why dont you just mind your business?
Foolish atheist

1 Like

Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Unlimited22: 11:31am On Sep 16, 2016
johnydon22:

If the missionaries had brought Greek myth here instead all of these folks will swear by their left butt than GOD (Zeus) created the world or if they brought plain Roman mythology here they would have been hyping Jupiter and mars same way...

Most of them here hyping this jewish myth have no idea that the same Genesis creation account as absurd as it sounds which they chose to ignore was a reworked version of the Babylonian creation story Enuma elish... Sometimes ignorance is bliss
So according to African tradition who created the world? Amadioha? Osanobwa? Sango? Ubangiji?
My man go find food chop abeg, hungry dey catch you.
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by adjoviomole(m): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
The passage u quoted have the answer already , a woman. And yet you are still asking if its a woman...

The passage clearly states that the rib was used to create a woman. The meaning of woman is - made out of a man. Simple.
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 30, 2016
freecocoa:
because I know that the DNA in the rib when used in creating a clone, will give a replica of the original rib owner, so how come a woman was created out of a man's rib?

see what science (magic) caused our world... just so wishing i'd meet you.
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by Heartbender: 9:59am On Apr 05, 2018
Simple. If I take a part of Sprite and add salt it cannot be Sprite but O.R.T. He made her from the rib, not he cloned her from the rib. Same cow that suya is made from, is also from what milk, corned beef, etc are made from. Why doesn't the milk look like the cow or the suya look like it? When you take something from something to make another thing it is called modification and not a replica. God be with your understanding in Jesus' name
Re: Was Eve Really A Woman? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
johnydon22:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adeboye And Others Are Thieves / "Spiritual Warefare Prayers By Servant Vic" / Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.