Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing (46247 Views)

Wizkid And Femi Kuti Performing At Felabration2017 (Photos) / Charly Boy Performs ‘'Nwata Miss'’ On Stage In Lagos 1983 (Throwback Photo) / Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by ManTiger(m): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
kossyablaze:
They should just build Fela Kutis school of music to immortalise him cuz he's a Legend and my mentor
MY BEST TRACKS
1.African lady
2.Gentle man
3.Trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am
4.Army arrangement
5.Beasts of no nation
6.Parambulator
7.Water no get enemy

If u no get any Fela song for ur fone,den u r a dullard!
I dedicate this FTC to all MAN UTD and Premier League fans worldwide!
Wish I can like your post more than once.

In the 80s and 90s, Fela's album is a banger. There is a lewd track of his i'm still looking for, when I say Panpala you go say oyoya, when I say Oyoya, you go say Panpala *not sure If I get it correctly*.
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
ayatt:
lol..Fuji stars

Fuji ? You be small pikin
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
Spybradd:

COMMMOOOOONNNNN,MENNNN...YOU MEAN..."TEACHER NO TEACH ME NONSENSE" AIN'T PART OF YOUR BEST FELA TRACKS?!!!?!

Well in addition to your above and mine,i also luv "OVERTAKE DON OVERTAKE OVERTAKE and AUTHORITY STEALING"

grin

Coffin for head of state - my personal best

1 Like

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by kossyablaze(m): 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
ManTiger:

In the 80s and 90s, Fela's album is a banger. There is a lewd track of his i'm still looking for, when I say Panpala you go say oyoya, when I say Oyoya, you go say Panpala *not sure If I get it correctly*.
lol Fela na d bomb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by kossyablaze(m): 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
anonimi:

I see why you nor put Kolomentality inside your list grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q2F2TaRghE
Lolz

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by kossyablaze(m): 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hidentity:

How come we both support Manchester United and still like Fela? But, I don't agree that anyone without his song on his phone is a dullard o. I'm still listening to him now. I listen to him anytime I want to write.
Lolz na God o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by kossyablaze(m): 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
sonnie10:

Suffering and Smiling nko? The thing with Fela's music career is that apart from being talented, he went to the best music school in the world. Berclays School of Music.
So true!lol I 4got dah one

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Raymondluv(m): 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
kossyablaze:
They should just build Fela Kutis school of music to immortalise him cuz he's a Legend and my mentor
MY BEST TRACKS
1.African lady
2.Gentle man
4.Army arrangement
5.Beasts of no nation
6.Parambulator
7.Water no get enemy

I get fela song for my fone

the tittle of the music is sorry sorry
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by kossyablaze(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Young4jose:
U get brain my broda..! Man U 4life..!!
Till death bro

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by kossyablaze(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
Spybradd:

COMMMOOOOONNNNN,MENNNN...YOU MEAN..."TEACHER NO TEACH ME NONSENSE" AIN'T PART OF YOUR BEST FELA TRACKS?!!!?!

Well in addition to your above and mine,i also luv "OVERTAKE DON OVERTAKE OVERTAKE and AUTHORITY STEALING"

grin
I like dem too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by kossyablaze(m): 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
Raymondluv:

I get fela song for my fone

the tittle of the music is sorry sorry
lol cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by cabaliciouscabal: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
R E S P E C T. OMO IYA AJE . THE LEGEND LIVES FOREVER. YEYEYE.
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Raymondluv(m): 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
kossyablaze:
lol cool

am sorry sorry oooh am sorry sorry for nigeria am sorry sorry oooh am sorry for african. u dey carry you yansh dey look like zombie prick nor get shoulder...we nor dey chop for wer we shit
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by ihesiuloa(m): 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
Shaadey:
Femi now looks like fela

Fela looked like Femi
Ganja in action!!!
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by cap28: 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
Abami Eda - one of the greatest musicians to come out of Nigeria.

This is one of my favourites, can any Yorubas in the house translate the lyrics for me wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ynf7Jm8ChU
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Spybradd: 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Coffin for head of state - my personal best
"....pastor dress naim dey fine pass,e hard for my people,for dem to buy sooap...."
grin
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by cap28: 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
Another one of my favourites.

Fela was great and his children and grandchildren should be immensely proud of him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb4tgDWO7Kw
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by brosprophet(m): 9:30pm On Aug 07, 2015
Fela is fela,femi is femi...no single trait of fela in femi atal!

1 Like

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by dejavski(m): 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
Spybradd:

grin
In addition to your list let me add:
Unknown Soldiers
Ikoyi Blindness
No Agreement

1 Like

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by ModiKen(m): 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
ahmidolawale:
No nonsense democracy in the days of abami eda. all politician must seat tight.

Unfortunately, most of the muscians we have today only care about money, cars, girls (baby mamas) and shows.

Very few care about good music.

Most chunning out junk songs with no meaning or messgae to the listeners.

We the listeners make matters worse by paying to attend their shows and retweeting the garbage songs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by dejavski(m): 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
ManTiger:

The title of that track is Confusion Break Bones
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by mikaael(m): 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
Shaadey:
Femi now looks like fela
Fela looked like Femi

Dat weed is doin wonders on u ryt??
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
Spybradd:

"....pastor dress naim dey fine pass,e hard for my people,for dem to buy sooap...."
grin

Chop knuckle , you sabi.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Frankicent(m): 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
Quote:

Son of legendary Nigerian singer Femi Kuti has shared a throwback photo of him and his late father Fela Kuti performing back in 1983. checkout the picture after the cut.

http://yesreport..com/2015/08/checkout-this-1983-throwback-image-of.html?m=0

lalasticlala

Femi looks like M.Jackson ooo
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by godoluwa(m): 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
kossyablaze:
MY BEST TRACKS
1.African lady
2.Gentle man
4.Army arrangement
5.Beasts of no nation
6.Parambulator
7.Water no get enemy
8.Suffering and smiling

KOSSYABLAZE
COFFIN HEAD OF STATE
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
kulobyno:
Abami Eda lives on. The legendary musical prophet. Your prophecies are more accurate than that of many fake... Ps. and Ims.

I presume u are Shuffering and shmiling as you watch Nigerians also Shuffering and Shmiling as Everything Scatter Scatter because of Army Arrangement.

All government officials are Swegbe and Pako yet doing Sakara while practising Gbogodo Gbogodo gbagada gbagada.
The system of Governance today is Underground System as PDP lost JUST LIKE THAT.
All senators, ministers and commissioners are Perambulators

My Baba I No Be Gentleman Atallo
All our women now no dey answer until you call them LADY their style Na Poi. Their backs na Mattress Mattress.
Honestly Baba in Nigeria presently Confusion Break Bones because dollar's speed ove naiira can best be described as Overtake Don Overtake Overtake there is no more Johny Just Dey Coome (JJD) in Nigeria.
Nigeria's foreign reserve na Open and Close

Everyday in National Assembly is RofoRofo Fight.
Goodluck's tenure was Expensive Shiit.
Buhari is GO SLOW
The most painful is Boko Haram. They are Beast of No Nation causing SORROW TEARS AND BLOOD.

Buhari hasn't appointed any minister yet because he doesn't trust many of them. He wants to first identify the International Thief Thieves among them so he told his sycophant supporters "Teacher Don't Teache Me Nonsense"
The economy is Coffin for Head of State.
Amaechi and Fashola are in FIGHT TO FINISH

EGBE MIO is the current BLACK MAN'S CRY because oyibo wants to BUY AFRICA. David Mark is now MR. FOLLOW FOLLOW like ZOMBIE
Ekweremadu is in trouble because his YEYE DEY SMALL

Even though the economy is UPSIDE DOWN if you embezzle money now, it is JEUN KO KU. Even judges are shouting JE'NWI TEMI.
Diezani and Theodore Orji are best known for AUTHORITY STEALING

In all these things I dey LOOK AND LAUGH because WATER NO GET ENEMY

hmmmm
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by bravesoul247(m): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Look well nah cheesy
You no see the resemblance ?
hmmm... I think I see a little resemblance, the complexion grin.

You listen to fela's music too?
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by ManTiger(m): 12:42am On Aug 08, 2015
dejavski:

The title of that track is Confusion Break Bones
Thought that track was "deadi Boodi", what a sweet memory! Was listening to Craig David's Born to do it album and my little niece asked whose that artiste cheesy
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:49am On Aug 08, 2015
Smoking my ganja while reading and playing Fela viva Africa song, Baba 70,we miss you. You are my hero because you fear no man.
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 08, 2015
bravesoul247:
hmmm... I think I see a little resemblance, the complexion grin.

You listen to fela's music too?
And the eyes lol

No..... Unfortunately. Have never even heard any of his songs

Wanna recommend some to me
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by bravesoul247(m): 2:33am On Aug 08, 2015
MrsPhyno:

And the eyes lol

No..... Unfortunately. Have never even heard any of his songs

Wanna recommend some to me
I have like almost 10 or more of his tracks on my phone. So since you are a first timer I think emmm..... Trouble sleep Yang's wake am and army arrangement will do..

Those are actually my best tracks. wink
Re: Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing by Nobody: 2:37am On Aug 08, 2015
bravesoul247:
I have like almost 10 or more of his tracks on my phone. So since you are a first timer I think emmm..... Trouble sleep Yang's wake am and army arrangement will do..

Those are actually my best tracks. wink
U still dey awake

Ok I'll listen to the songs. Funny titles sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ali Baba Reacts To Falz "This Is Nigeria" Video: Everyone Is Criminal In Nigeria / Anita Okoye's 30th Birthday: Lola Omotayo-Okoye Celebrates Paul Okoye's Wife / E-Money Poses With His Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.