Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? (41139 Views)

Beating Ur Woman Dont Mean You Dont Love Her / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did / Would U Still Amass Wealth For Ur Kid In Dis Century (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by jabatah(m): 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
Thank God I enjoy my childhood before technology take over.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by redfigure(m): 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Beremx:
I didn't do these when I was a kid o! I don't think there's anytime I didn't bath before going to school. For wetin na?! grin

@op,you forgot to add playing table tennis with a big board especially old wooden doors and a long stick to demacate the board into two. Then we used small flat wood we call "bat" to play table tennis. grin grin

Mehn! Good old days o!!

Lalasticlala,which ones didn't you do as a kid? I know say you be ajebo. grin grin
Eehn!!! ifa hear say... for period harmattan nko
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
I did almost all, and it was all fun then.
With my goons (Agali, Lukman (Baba Luku Plumber), Ma Prince, plus Basira, Ganiya en co), we rocked it hard.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by SexyNairalander: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
i did all, my fav play was mummy and daddy. . .funny enough it helped my acting(not into acting sha).

Play don finish, sometimes i just sorry for them cos they are missing alot.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freegift75:
Let us be sincere with ourselves! I was privileged to be present at an occasion where Prof Wole Soyinka gave speech and made reference to the years he was running in the rain rolling motor cycle's tyre with a stick.

He was trying to convince parents not to deprive their kids of their childhood privileges. He then tasked the audience to swear if they never did such while young. He said most parents of this end time generation never allow their kids but to be caged indoor from Jan to Dec.

What about you, SWEAR

― If you didn't kill earthworm with salt.
― If you didn't play rubber band.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and wake up on. the bed
― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for. the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs instead of bathing when going to school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or
under bed with friends.
― If you never flew a kite.
- If you didn't use ur two legs to build houses with sand.
- If u didn't write ur name on paper and insert it into ur pen so that no one will steal it.
- If u didn't close d fridge door really slowly to see when d lights went off.
- If u neva waved @ white birds expectin ur nails to b
whiter
- If u didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick and called it ur car!
- If u didnt mix garri n sugar in ur pocket and eat while walking in the street.
- If u never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin grass nd sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer. with bottle cover.....
.....then I guess ur Childhood wasn't fun!

Oya choose which one u do

Do you knw its not jangilova epo motor?
it is JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR!!
I bet u didn't knw. Don't be shy, I didn't know either until now.

I am sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria dnt knw dat d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard living". I knw u
are singing it now again, smiles ***

wow!!!!! Op, you really caught me off-guard. Yes, I 99.9% of all you mentioned. Permit me to add a few you forgot to mention.

1. I did suwe
2. Bojuboju
3. Bubble gum bubble gum
4. I bought ekanna Gowon
5. I washed dirty coins placed in sand with the back of my foot
6. I used my bare hands to twist TV antenna so as to get better reception on ou black/white TV.
7. Stand still (with my idex finger crossed with my middle finger)

There are lots more but can't remeber them.

1 Like

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by darne(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
I did everything except the washing of legs and hand to avoid bathing, don't see why I shouldn't bath before going to school, my mom will kill me if I ever try it. ,......Garri and sugar in pocket, mommy and daddy cheesy , police and thief, warzone with water guns, suwe game where you'll buy houses by throwing a piece of slate to own a box which will become your house,...Chai

Thank God for life and Growth wink smiley
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by gidob(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Bashirfuntua:
Especially the closing of fridge 99% of the world kids are guilty of this
more dan 50% of d world's kids do not hve a fridge at home
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by hoodmenconcepts: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
i did all.. this is so funny
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by PrinxArthur1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
Lanceslot:
Damn! I injected lizards with water using syringe... Also fed fowl snuffs and watch them feel high.
is that all,did u nail the lizard to the cross
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
I did all,it was fun.. OMG . I love my childhood days
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
I can relate to all these.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by donjon: 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
una no do 1st to blink?
when u stand facing each oda staring intently, till sme1 gives up and blinks
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by gebest: 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freegift75:
Let us be sincere with ourselves! I was privileged to be present at an occasion where Prof Wole Soyinka gave speech and made reference to the years he was running in the rain rolling motor cycle's tyre with a stick.

He was trying to convince parents not to deprive their kids of their childhood privileges. He then tasked the audience to swear if they never did such while young. He said most parents of this end time generation never allow their kids but to be caged indoor from Jan to Dec.

What about you, SWEAR

― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for. the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs instead of bathing when going to school.
under bed with friends.
- If u didn't write ur name on paper and insert it into ur pen so that no one will steal it.
whiter
- If u didnt mix garri n sugar in ur pocket and eat while walking in the street.

I am sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria dnt knw dat d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard living". I knw u

I DID ALL, ABI ARE U FROM EDO STATE.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by matingo(f): 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
Growing up in the 80s/90s was fun.
Children of nowadays are mostly busy with the Internet.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by peteafrik88(m): 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
I happily did all of these on the list... I miss childhood tho
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by nairamaniac: 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freegift75:

What about you, SWEAR

under bed with friends.
whiter

I allll of them. my childhood was awesome. But none of us as a kid on this forum did what our Ex president did as a kid:

The only child that attended primary school all thru Without shoes.
If and of you did this, Be sure of becoming the next President of Nigeria.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by SWG1: 6:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
PrinxArthur1:
me and friends that time we will catch a live lizard open its stomach and stitch it back while after 3 days it dies or survive

And are u a surgeon today, if not, ur environment didn't do u good.

I can't forget flying carpet with milo tin plastic cover. And playing soccer with counters. Now where.is my Goalie.

including stoning cashew seeds

wat of throwing cards or at a wall to know the cards that will lap like tv to the wall.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by SWG1: 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
maspero22:
heheh..nice1 OP. i did virtually all. chai...growing up was fun. i miss ma childhood friends, many of whom, r gone. i remember sucking water taps that weren't running to see if water will drop into ma mouth after school. Also playing war zones wit friends in incomplete buildings, drinking much water to see if i'll be pregnant, watching robocup cartoon, Zero Zero, Willie Willie and superman. i will always watch ma elder brothers construct antenna wit aluminium and long bamboo pole and trust me, d local stations dey clear pass DSTV with d big rainbow that normally show first on NTA; d days of colored #1 ice cream, eleganza biro and chi chi sweet. so many things then. i miss those years allah. chai!

U sound like u grew up in Old Enugu. wili wili don die, clap, who kill am. was that game called Ikpo oga or itu swell
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by hvq229(m): 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Circumstances have made it so I've only had to deal with teenage girls and there have been times when I've had to flog them. But I do believe children should be given space to experiment, to try things out, for discovery, to grow, and to mature. Most of the time when they stray too far away from what is acceptable and appropriate a child can be given guidance and advice. But there are times when a child strays too far, won't abide by the instructions of her guardian and places herself at serious and unacceptable physical and moral risk
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Meehn, I did all o. No lies.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
fiftynaira:
Mama and papa later became a war stuff if u notice that ur sister have been banged u go wan bang d person sister wey bang ur sister.

It is the fight for the banger and the bangee! [size=8pt][/size] grin

Guy, that banging part brings memories. Kids were bad those days. That's why I will watch my daughter wella cool
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by MistaHumble(m): 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ginaz:
there was this one I did, I and my little friends would go to the ponds and try to catch small frogs and put in a cup.

that "Sisco Sisco" game ko? grin

we go to river and swim our eyes red,....missing good old days.

Confirmed my guy.... I did that die... Also put ants in bottles to fight
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Ginaz(f): 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
MistaHumble:

Confirmed my guy.... I did that die... Also put ants in bottles to fight

I'm a girl not a guy grin
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by newfound2012: 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
All, but mixing garri and sugar in my pocket .
In Michael Jackson's voice 'have u seen myself childhood, am searching for my childhoodi :
kiss cry cry
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by queebeediva(f): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
What can I say than wow I had all those fun and chai I don old oooo!
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by crescit(m): 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
I did most of them except washing hands and feet before going to school and mixing garri and sugar in my pocket...missing my childhood days seriously
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
naijathings:

Thumbs up to you OP , @Freegift75
[size=16pt]this actually brought tears to my eyes. cry cry
I did everything on this list plus my own list.
I stole the baby milk alot.
I ate chalk alot.
I nearly burnt the kitchen first time I rolled paper and tried to smoke it.
I even stole my mama one kobo coins and spent it like a superstar in school then come back home to get the beating.
I used paper to make sunglasses and put yellow or red sweet wrappers to make the lenses.
I played POLICE AND THIEF, BojuBoju, Rubber, with the boys, Played chinco, TENTEN, suwe with the girls.
I wrote my name on paper and put it in my pen, and i did the same for your pen too to make it mine.... LOL.
I suck my ink so that it can come back to being brand new, then the ink would break up in the pen.
If I eat mango, I see that bug in the seed if not e nova finish.
I had a serious crush on my teacher back then, aunty Joy and another one i will not name because her son is my padi and he fit kill me.. LOL..
I made boats with paper with my friends and put them in the gutter when the rain stopped falling.
I cant forget when I successfully made a kite that successfully flew.
I used paper to make big wrist watches back then, now am spending over 40K on a single watch.
I used to attach long rope to two match boxes and talk so the next person can hear me... Today, I am a communications engineer.
this life.
[/size]

Please let the children come out and play so they can have memories to chesrish not just playstation and XBOX and END OF YEAR PARTIES.
How come we all have same experiences?
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by RAO1(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
Mehn! I did all... milk teeth with seven stones on d roof....
add more and I ll tell u my childhood life @ Idi-Arere/Bode et all ,,,,,,Ibadan
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by RAO1(m): 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
Mehn! I dd all...milk.. teeth with seven stones on d roof...
add to d list and I ll write more about my childhood life @ Idi-Arere /Bode and environs,,,here in Ibadan
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by MistaHumble(m): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ginaz:

I'm a girl not a guy grin

Sorry dear... Got carried away by the trips I was reading
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by luvly101: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freegift75:

I didn't do those...and my childhood was fun. wink If not for the AND condition, it'd have been just 3 grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Only Type Of Partners Who Enjoy The Best Marriage. / Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video) / Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.