Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? (43289 Views)

Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges / Persistent Queue At ATM Points In MOUAU (Photos) / A New Form Of Credit Card For TBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by gtim4uall: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
A couple of months ago I went to do withdrawal at the ATM, some folks where there before me so I got it to wait, it was dark around 9 O'Clock. There was a particular man well dressed and looked responsible trying or maybe pretending to do withdrawal with one of machines there, everyone who used the other machines where collecting their cash and leaving but he was still there, all of a sudden he began to shout and randomly pressing the buttons of the machine with a claim that his card has been swallowed,, he became very emotional and disorganized, I walked up to him to play a good Samaritan,, tried to calm him down, tell him what to do when one's card is swallowed by the machine,,, go to your Bank and reapply.

†*** one chance,, "" this man patiently waited for me to take my turn and withdraw my small naira and then approached me that he is a pastor in one of the big ministries ,that His daughter is very ill and he came to get cash to buy her drugs I should help him with #2000 ,, that's a big cash for a student to just give out,,,,,, I managed anyway to give him half of it and another senior man that made a better withdrawal gave him some amount I don't know about,,,, I left and was doing my "in-the-mind" analysis, why was he the only case of such accident,, warever,,,, I swept the thud off to listen to the sound from my tecno ear piece,,,I love it
Now yesterday, I went to a different point to make withdrawal,, one young man was using the machine as I waited, he told me to come and try,the machine has refused to pay him, I went in and without delay I got my Cash, hmmm, this guy turned to me ," Sir ..my daughter (again) is ill and needs blood transfusion, since I can't withdraw can you please help me with just #2,000 ,, God will bless you " unfortunately this time it wasn't my cash, I had no option than tell him I don't have the amount, and that the cash I just withdrew was not mine , but he still insist I give him and that he came from a nearby state,, so I brought my mind back to the first encounter , both came to get money for drugs for their sick daughters,,,, could this be a coincidence? or is this a new way of begging?,, has anyone other than myself experience this? Comment or share your experience let's learn____,,,,,

God bless

LalasticaLalastica wink grin

32 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Rtopzy(f): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
Agboro full time

4 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by sseunth(m): 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
I went to use atm one day, after withdrawing 2k, one girl walked up to me...she said "pls sir, I am going to ijebu ode but I lost my tfare and I need 500 for it to be completed". So I gave her 340 change I had before withdrawing the 2k....so like 1hr later, a friend called me so we decided to hang out sha...so I had to use the atm again cus we going to bar and 2k might nt be enough...I went to the same atm...after withdrawing 3k...this same girl walked up to me gave me the same story...I looked at her face, that was when she remembered me...she said I'm sorry and she left

171 Likes 6 Shares

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by gtim4uall: 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
Rtopzy:
Agboro full time

Lol. Naija, ehh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by gtim4uall: 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
sseunth:
I went to use atm one day, after withdrawing 2k, one girl walked up to me...she said "pls sir, I am going to ijebu ode but I lost my tfare and I need 500 for it to be completed". So I gave her 340 change I had before withdrawing the 2k....so like 1hr later, a friend called me so we decided to hang out sha...so I had to use the atm again cus we going to bar and 2k might nt be enough...I went to the same atm...after withdrawing 3k...this same girl walked up to me gave me the same story...I looked at her face, that was when she remembered me...she said I'm sorry and she left

Lwtmb grin ah so its real,,, I can't imagine some people can bring themselves this low

9 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by libertyfather(m): 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
Here is my experience, I went to withdraw from atm on my way out, I met this girl crying heaven and hell, though she dint call me but kind of feeling sorry for her and was force to ask her what's wrong with her, take note good Samaritan that pity her faking cry happens to be her victim... she told me she lost money for the whole pure water she sold for the day which amount to 1900 naira and they will kill her if she go home, I was force to give her 500 another guy stop by before I leave the scene but don't know his own contribution, so I heard my folks talking about such incident someday, I told them abt my experience that when I know it's a scam....this is the simple format a girl with a tray crying so profusely like she about to be killed and always in front of a bank waiting for good Samaritan that's always their victims

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by libertyfather(m): 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Another one @ shoprite, those one are kinda coperate beggars, begging for tfare that what they do for the whole day, whole week, whole month infact seems to be their daily business, one has come on 2 diff occasions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by sseunth(m): 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
There is always one woman at first bank atm here in ib....she always dress corporate....she has just one story...."Excuse me sir, (prayers) pls I need money...my children are at home very hungry....please help me with anything"

2 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by gtim4uall: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
[quote author=libertyfather post=36719056][/quote]

Even children, scam,, o lawd have mercy
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Booty4me: 11:52pm On Aug 07, 2015
Never encountered such smiley

lalasticlala ishilove
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by USAutoBuy(m): 6:09am On Aug 08, 2015
I have encountered that at GTB - Challenge about a yr ago. I haven't been in Nigeria for almost a year now. So its not a new thing.

Eatery is the most common at least in Ibadan. I encountered a woman around 9pm at night undecided

Its hard feeling sorry for these people cos u don't know who is real or not

God help us

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by iykepromotions: 9:22am On Aug 08, 2015
interesting topic though it never happened to me but am hear to read comments

1 Like

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2015
It's not an issue in Nigeria, Abeg,come to U.K, they're all over the ATM begging for cash. They're the gypsies

28 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2015
Haaa.. had similar experience.. a guy walked up to me and was begging for a stipend because he lost his money and can't go bck.. frm everything I knew he was a joke!

2 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by DrayZee: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2015
Hmm...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by peterezinw(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Here first

I experienced d same thing but slightly different ...

I was working back the n so my boss asked me to go withdraw some funds for him I siezed the opportunity to withdraw d small cash I had ...as I was leaving d atm a car horn beside me and I thought the guy wanted direction d guy said I shud help him dat he was going to Ibadan to see his wife who had jus given birth that he is out of fuel (dis guy was sweating profusely) he promised to pay back ...i ended up giving him some cash

Bu the annoying part was that I offered him 1k and he said it wudn't be enough dat he needs 5k so i gave him 3k and he collected my account number reach today I never hear from the guy even the number wey him give me no dey go again..

I look back today and I laugh at my foolish gullibility
cry grin

40 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by dave2meek(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Shine your eyesshocked

1 Like

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by willian10: 10:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Op, wait for me make I call El rufai come cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by denisbath(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2015
grin grin ,the chop u,na gentlemen beggars
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by qualityovenbake(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2015
Serious
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by BiggerBangs: 10:40am On Aug 08, 2015
grin
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by imsuboi(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2015
He must be from the oily soup & stew tribe

9 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2015
Yes. undecided
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Feranchek(m): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2015
Thanks for the info amigos... singing in korede bello voice #idongetisense na godiwin!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by alphaconde(m): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2015
Once a customer played this trick for me and my colleagues, but he didn't know I was the atm custodian at that time. I went to the atm to check for his trapped card but couldn't see his card. By the time I came out of the atm room, my colleagues already took pity and gave him some money. As soon as we didn't see the atm card we knew we have been duped.

This happened in conakry Guinea.

But make una de help people, I was once stranded @ awka in anambra state cus atm was saying switch inoperative. A good samiritan helped me and I was goin to enugu.

God no go lemme give 419 money.

Alpha conde

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Omotayor123(f): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2015
Yeah..

There's one woman at first bank Atm in Abeokuta here.

She will be calling on you to give her money after you have withdraw.
I always laugh because she's won't stop calling on you until you give her or walk away.
E.g. Aunty pupa, Brother to wo aso Yellow, Aunty Oloyun etc. grin

Corporate beggars every where..

19 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Oceemo(m): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2015
Peeps like this makes d real beggers 2 jones

1 Like

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by dedons: 10:43am On Aug 08, 2015
Synonymous with IBADA-N town.
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2015
I don't answer anyone at ATM.

It is better to be safe than sorry. Say no to MAGArism

3 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by distinguished1(m): 10:44am On Aug 08, 2015
Thought I read a similar thread last month. @OP I hereby charge you for Plagiarism. Moderator you are accused of Gross Negligence.

4 Likes

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by holluwai(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2015
These poeple are everywhere I mean every-fuckkng-where. Nah to carry face up for them oh since I'm not a walking atm
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by bigtt76(f): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2015
Naija. How person wants take trust the needy now? grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ECOWAS Adopts ECO As Name Of Single Currency / 5 Nigerians On Worlds Richest Black People List!(pics) / Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.