Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo (642 Views)

Protesting IPOB Women Remove Their Clothes As Soldiers Disrupt Their MeetingPICS / Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die / Soldier And Policemen Fight In A Bank In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by laidian(m): 8:18am On Aug 08, 2015
No fewer than 15 persons on Friday evening reportedly sustained varying degrees of injuries during a clash between men of the Nigerian Army and police officers from the Oba Market Police Station in Benin, the Edo State capital.

A pregnant woman was also said to be among the injured in the
clash, which occurred near the market located at the city centre,
forcing residents and shops owners in the area to flee in different directions for safety, as tear gas canisters and several shots were fired during fight.

Many residents were said to have been injured in a stampede and from inhaling the tear gas.

Trouble was said to have started when 10 policemen allegedly
beat up two soldiers to stupor at a traffic point at Ibiwe junction, close to the Oba Market station.

Some eyewitnesses said the action of the policemen followed the
alleged assault of a female traffic warden for allegedly preventing the soldiers from driving through the heavy traffic.

One of the soldiers was said to have repeatedly slapped the woman until some policemen intervened, resulting in a free-for-
all.

A soldier was said to have been detained as a result of the incident, a situation which reportedly led some soldiers, in over seven patrol vans, to invade the police station, forcing the policemen in the station to lock themselves inside the station while business owners locked their shops to prevent looting.

The soldiers were said to have stopped their over two-hour siege
to the police station at about 6.20pm, following the intervention
of top police officers in the state.

The spokesman for the Nigerian Army, 4 Brigade, Captain Jonah
Unuakhalu, told our correspondent that the command was not
involved in the clash, adding that the issue had been resolved with the Divisional Police Officer of the station.

“It has been resolved amicably,” he said. Calls to the telephone set of the state Police Public Relations Officer, Stephen Onwochei, could not connect as it indicated that the set could not be reached.

www.punchng.com/news/15-injured-as-soldiers-policemen-fight-in-edo/
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by chocolateme(f): 8:18am On Aug 08, 2015
Nothing chocolateme no go see..
First I must comment that I have never seen police vehicles waiting in a heavy traffic, instead they would switch on their very noisy sirens and start driving through even when they are not on any emergency job. So why would they try to stop a military vehicle? They are all break the rules of this country yet are always the first to cast the stone.
See what overfeeding is causing for them here while their mates are out there fighting insurgency. Winners and Sinners.
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 08, 2015
Disappointment to the Country.
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by INTROVERT(f): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by madgoat(m): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2015
Hmmmmmmm.... Those police are cowards. Why did they lock themselves up in their station.... Smmmmhhhh
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by ibkgab001: 8:20am On Aug 08, 2015
You came late introvert

1 Like

Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by AlomoReloaded: 8:20am On Aug 08, 2015
Hu win??
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by mecuzee(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2015
I heard about this yesterday. Nigerian security forces are fond of exercising power against innocent civilians and themselves, but when it comes BOKOHARAM...................
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2015
I always wonder what these two agencies are competing for. In ideal societies, theor duties never overlap.
Only in Nigeria will a rich man employment a military man to drive him around.
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by madgoat(m): 8:22am On Aug 08, 2015
ibkgab001:
You came late introvert

Dnt mind her. I dey always vex if i see her FTC.
Just as if she doesnt sleep.
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by donholy28(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2015
So dem leave boko and start fighting themselves abi...protectors my foot..police Nd army
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by vedd: 8:25am On Aug 08, 2015
Why would a soldier harass a traffic officer? Are they not supposed to collaborate to ensure law and order if really they mean to serve?
This is uncalled for. It smack of over-zealousness and indiscipline!

2 Likes

Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by koboko69: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2015
Hmmm. Na innocent police go suffer am later. I know my ever living gorillas!
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by chocolateme(f): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2015
INTROVERT:

okay
kiss kiss
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 08, 2015
Nigerian soldiers like to "return the favour". Always.
Re: 15 Injured As Soldiers, Policemen Fight In Edo by hakeem4(m): 8:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Ghen ghen

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Election : Power Rotation! Kogi West, Central Protest To Buhari, Oyegun / The Weather Forecast Rubbish / We Shall Continue Digging Out The Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.