Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar (3727 Views)

IGTV Launch, Should Youtube Be Worried? See Full Review. / Tecno Spark K7 Full Review: Cheap Does Not Always Mean Crab!!! / Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
Have been using this beast for 2 months now and i wana share my opinion on it, because all d reviews ave seen online lack detail.
Ill talk about the hardware and software aspects in subsequent posts.
Although the default launcher am using is nova so there might be differences.

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by mosopefoluwa: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
Oya na.... Dis one dat u typed one line n went to sleep..

Be fast jor... M anxious
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
if its not 5.5 inch screen its a no no 4 me
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
The good :
* the beautiful display
* fast CPU @ 2.0 GHZ
* stunning front and back camera
* 4.4.2 upgradable to 5.1
* 2gb RAM and 16 GB internal
*2300 MHz battery
* modest package for the price 35,000

The bad :
* non removable battery
* poor video codec support out of the box
* no lollipop out of the box.

UNBOXING :

Seriously the effizy and sophisticated way in which they wrapped this thing sef don too much. (all i want is my phone, is that too much to ask for? )
Basically all you get is;
- a three mouth charger
- a two mouth charger(anoda one? )
- earpiece
- ejection pin or whatever its called and a big black box.
And of course the phone, pretty simple package though but the headset is woeful more of that in the multi media section.

DESIGN :

When I picked up the device the first thing that came to my mind was the Galaxy s2, same rounded plastic edges and also the weight. Every time i go to computer village i always double check to make sure its still there cuz i won't know when it's gone.not a bug issue though as it aids in one handed use.
Ah yes the kevlar, am not excited about it though but i feel more protected. The back of the device is flat and has a smooth feeling to it. I used a nail to scratch the back (curiosity) and found a disturbing line across the back if the device, i used a cloth to clean it and it just disappeared... Magic

Although am a bit skeptical about the placement of the camera at the top right, it doesn't quite work it for me cuz u always cover it wen taking selfies(who doesn't this days ).
Until i discovered a neat feature about three weeks ago, i can actually use the volume keys to take pics... Wicked.!
Speaking of volume buttons am happy they made it protrude out a bit for easy hitting unlike the zero buttons which were stiff and frustrated me.
The zero 2 uses on screen keys for basic controls(options, home and back) it takes real screen estate but hides itself when watching movies.
The display alone deserves praising on its own section more on this soon.

Overall, the build is fantastic and handling is made easier thanks to the kevlar which doesnt make the device slippery.
8/10 on design and build quality.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry about d spellings my laptop had virus so had to make do wit my fone. Up next though is Display, battery life, and controls that'd be tomorrow fone needs charging.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
mosopefoluwa:
Oya na.... Dis one dat u typed one line n went to sleep..

Be fast jor... M anxious

Sorry bro lappy had issues posted d first section for you gyz to check out.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
Dis is d cam interface though

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
so true... I'm using same phone... waiting for the remaining review to learn what I don't know
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2015
DISPLAY :
The screen size is if 5.0 inches with full HD amoLED display adorned with corning gorilla glass 3 with a resolution of 1280 * 720 @ 293 ppi.
Those aren't figures small folks although its basically the same as the zero but what makes this screen worth dying for is dat amoLED display. It simply blows the zero out of the water.

To explain further the zero uses LCD which means its pixels are being lit up by a backlight (just like as if a torch light is at d back if your phone) resulting in super bright screen but extremely dull colours as in lack depth and detail. Probably cuz its TFT. The zero 2 though has its own pixels self illuminate, each pixels power and colour its self separately revealing vivid colours. Thus drains battery.
I pick a better screen over battery anyday(am an avid gamer)

Its not like the zero ain't good, its not just up to par with what infinix kept here. The icons seem to float and the wallpaper is as slick as paint. Check my first screenshot and see what i mean.
The viewing angle depreciates at 145 degrees i.e if looking sideways you won't see colours clearly at that degree.
For me 9/10 for the display.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2015
Here is a movie @1080p on d zero 2

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 10:00am On Aug 10, 2015
BATTERY:
This is the part that got me frustrated with the zero. Always dying off before i get home, am a bit happy with this one though. It comes with 2,300MAh not too much shey?

TEST:
I woke up around 8(not exactly 8, had to watch premier league preview and also ben 10 but u shaa get the picture)
From 8 - 10,i checked emails, used social medias big three W, T & F battery got to 83percent, browsed linda ikeji, watched watch me whip video by silento twice on youtube and instagrammed till 12 and had 77% left.
Listened to music on my way to studio arnd 2 and had 74%,left the phone locked while i got busy came to it arnd 4 still had 74 left.

Then played smash hit(i play this game to test a devices gaming prowess and battery capacity, don't play for long if you don't have a power bank. Cause it has white pictures and demands heavily)
Played it for 21 mins and got 31% knocked out, instead i played candy crush, listened to music and browsed till i got home around to 10 had 24%
Then killed it down to 10 by watching world war z on low brightness.
(all games where kept at high res, the zero 2 heated up when playing smash hit but cooled off faster due to kevlar back)

POWER MANAGEMENT APP :
The zero 2 comes with a battery management application that works to great effect, it has 2 modes.

*power saving mode
This gives you options to turn off significant stuffs like 3g,display, wifi and even vibration and tactile feedback.

*ultra low power management mode
This one can make you phone last more than a month, it strips everything away and leaves you with a simple home screen(grey scaled) with four apps to use(messgae, call, clock and contact). I dont think I'll use it though.

Overall it lasts a day on moderate usage
7/10.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 10:06am On Aug 10, 2015
Here are the modes from ultra(1st)

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by mosopefoluwa: 10:13am On Aug 10, 2015
Okaaayyy.. so do you think it is a good buy?
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 10:59am On Aug 10, 2015
mosopefoluwa:
Okaaayyy.. so do you think it is a good buy?

Yes it is, its great.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by JanethEze(f): 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
This looks ok, but will it last?
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
JanethEze:
This looks ok, but will it last?
Most definitely.... But a case elongates its span
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by twaintoy(f): 7:23am On Aug 15, 2015
Infinix should have made the battery 4000mah like hot note pro
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
I dnt think they can fit that in the slim body.... But they could improve the battery through updates like the htc one
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by twaintoy(f): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ashtonmcqueen:
I dnt think they can fit that in the slim body.... But they could improve the battery through updates like the htc one
Ok. But which one is better between zero2 and hot note pro?
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Enasdan(m): 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
pls can u pull unbiased review on d corning gorilla glass 3 n d amoled screen, hw effective is d gorilla glass.. is jst a crap
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2015
twaintoy:
Ok. But which one is better between zero2 and hot note pro?

It depends ooo... Note 2 has beta ba3 and bigger screen
Dose are so far wat separates dese 2 for me.. Depends on wat u want
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
Enasdan:
pls can u pull unbiased review on d corning gorilla glass 3 n d amoled screen, hw effective is d gorilla glass.. is jst a crap

The amoled is nt just a bluff... Its actually dere... I compared d screen with an s4 and it is exactly d same bt wen wit an s5 it looks a bit less brighter...
As for d gorilla glass 3 its just d same with d zero on my side shaa ooo. Notin dah tough abt it
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by twaintoy(f): 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ashtonmcqueen:

It depends ooo... Note 2 has beta ba3 and bigger screen
Dose are so far wat separates dese 2 for me.. Depends on wat u want
Will settle for note pro. The battery it is for me.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
twaintoy:
Will settle for note pro. The battery it is for me.

No p bro I'll have gotten it if nt for d screen size... Ave got small fingers
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by twaintoy(f): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ashtonmcqueen:

No p bro I'll have gotten it if nt for d screen size... Ave got small fingers
A sister here plz grin
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ashtonmcqueen:

The amoled is nt just a bluff... Its actually dere... I compared d screen with an s4 and it is exactly d same bt wen wit an s5 it looks a bit less brighter...
As for d gorilla glass 3 its just d same with d zero on my side shaa ooo. Notin dah tough abt it

An S4 screen display is FHD (1920 x 1080) with a pixel per inch of 431. Okay, try to compare that with Zero 2's HD display (720 x 1080) of 293ppi, on close proximity, the S4 resolution will appear more vivid because of the simple fact it has more color density than that of the Zero 2.

As for the drawbacks of zero 2, I'll give you 10.

-The oncreen key feature eats up the screen's real estate, and makes the predecessor with it's hardware keys seem bigger and less intrusive.
-Doesn't come with notification light.
-The Amoled screen concept Zero 2 borrowed from Samsung helped to kill 2 birds with one stone by improving the screen display and helping the battery to last a little longer, but unfortunately, the phone doesn't support fast charging. Not cool.
-Non-removable battery, even as Zero 2 kinda downgraded from it's predecessor's metal chasis and glass finish to a toughed plastic design.
-Heats up on heavy usage.
-Not as anesthetically pleasing to the eyes, no thanks to the plastic finish, oncreen key features, and the the ledless lower partition.
-The primary camera suffers from overexposure and is generally terrible in low light conditions.
-Making and receiving phone calls momentarily interrupt ongoing downloads. Multitasking efficient indeed? Lolz.
-The UI doesn't support multi-window feature, which is kinda sad for an octacore device with a processor clocked at a speed of 2.0ghz.
-Lack of OTG.

I know you love your phone, pal, but let's not get carried away for a sec, okay?
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by orotade(f): 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
pls how much is d infinix Zero and Zero 2
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
koice:

An S4 screen display is FHD (1920 x 1080) with a pixel per inch of 431. Okay, try to compare that with Zero 2's HD display (720 x 1080) of 293ppi, on close proximity, the S4 resolution will appear more vivid because of the simple fact it has more color density than that of the Zero 2.
As for the drawbacks of zero 2, I'll give you 10.
-The oncreen key feature eats up the screen's real estate, and makes the predecessor with it's hardware keys seem bigger and less intrusive.
-Doesn't come with notification light.
-The Amoled screen concept Zero 2 borrowed from Samsung helped to kill 2 birds with one stone by improving the screen display and helping the battery to last a little longer, but unfortunately, the phone doesn't support fast charging. Not cool.
-Non-removable battery, even as Zero 2 kinda downgraded from it's predecessor's metal chasis and glass finish to a toughed plastic design.
-Heats up on heavy usage.
-Not as anesthetically pleasing to the eyes, no thanks to the plastic finish, oncreen key features, and the the ledless lower partition.
-The primary camera suffers from overexposure and is generally terrible in low light conditions.
-Making and receiving phone calls momentarily interrupt ongoing downloads. Multitasking efficient indeed? Lolz.
-The UI doesn't support multi-window feature, which is kinda sad for an octacore device with a processor clocked at a speed of 2.0ghz.
-Lack of OTG.
I know you love your phone, pal, but let's not get carried away for a sec, okay?

Lets not get carried away... I know u love Samsung and don't appreciate the fact that infinix brings something similar with a lesser price tag.
* onscreen feature doesn't count as dats d latest trend htc, lg and even Samsung in deir tabs do.
* notification light not necessary even ur so called Samsung doesnt have one..... D fone makes up for it with on screen notification
* fast charging is just a tag if u read my review correctly it charges fast but not as fast as the zero(u in a hurry??)
* non removable ba3 with a stellar life lasts longer than an s4 and ow much does an s4 ba3 costs again?? U do d searching
* heats up only when pushed to d limit with gaming and hd movies and cools off almost immediately... (thanks to kevlar... Which cools off easily. )
* aesthetic??... So u will pick a last gen phone with glass but watch others boast about blazing cpu's i hear ya bro.
* camera works well in low light and even when over exposed to light steady hands and auto focus can cope with dah.
* multi window is a big gimmick... Even Samsung wants to dump d idea, sony no longer uses it, apple not considering it and we the consumers don't care!!!
* lack of OTG is d one thing u mentioned i deem sensible and really lacking on dis fone... Thanks for commenting though... I'll post d latter part of the review so u can help me check wat else is wrong with it.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
twaintoy:
A sister here plz grin

Lol sorry... I didn't really notice.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
orotade:
pls how much is d infinix Zero and Zero 2
D zero is a bit not stable its out of stock but u can see it for 30,000 while d zero 2 ranges from 34,000 to 37,000 depends on where u look.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Full Review : The Beast In Kevlar by twaintoy(f): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ashtonmcqueen:

Lol sorry... I didn't really notice.
Its okay

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Iphone 6 For Sale / How To Get 2GB For N500 On MTN Valid 7 Days / What are the implications of HSDPA & GSM Frequencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.