Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,695 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam (1860 Views)

How To Score High In Post UTME Screening Examination / 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High / How Can I Score A Multiple Choice Question Using Spss? Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by Decallmemartin(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hello everyone, I am a fresh gradguate of Bsc pharmacy and with a wealth of experience in taking multiple choice exams, I wish to share this with u. please spare some time and go through
1. Read the question carefully. Be sure you know exactly what is being asked. Many questions in an exam are missed because the test taker tried to answer a question other than the one being asked. In particular, look for wording such as “All of the following are true about the author’s purpose EXCEPT.” Train
yourself to notice any word in the question that is in all capital letters. Such a word will often completely change the meaning of the question. In the example above, if you do not notice the word
“EXCEPT,” you will be looking for answers that are true about the author’s purpose. In that question,
you want to look for the one answer that is not true about the author’s purpose.
2. Circle or underline key words and phrases in the question. These are words and phrases that help you
pick the one correct answer. Think of them as clues. You are the detective and you must examine each
question closely for clues to the correct answer. For example, if you have a reading comprehension passage about improvements in bicycle safety and then the question, “The modern bicycle has all the
following safety features EXCEPT,” the key words are “modern,”“safety features,” and “except.” After
you mark these words and phrases, look in the passage for the safety features of the modern bicycle.
Then choose the answer that is not mentioned in the passage as a safety feature of the modern bicycle.
3. Rule out incorrect answers. In the previous example, as you identify safety features of the modern bicycle from the passage, you will mark off each one as a possible choice. Because this is such a helpful technique, you will want to seriously consider setting up your scratch paper with choices 'a' through 'd', or a
through 'e', depending on the number of choices in that question. The reason it’s important to actually
mark the answer as you eliminate it from your choices is so that you will know it’s not the answer and
won’t waste time considering it again. You may be able to eliminate only one or two incorrect answers,
but every wrong answer you eliminate increases your chances of picking the correct answer.
4. Watch out for absolutes. Examiners, through years of practice, have gotten very skillful at encouraging test takers to choose the wrong answer when they are not sure of the right one. Fortunately for you, there are
several categories of distracter answers that tend to recur in exams. An example of a distracter is an
absolute word such as always, never, all, or none included within an answer. While it is possible to find a
correct answer that uses such an absolute, if you are unsure, it is wise to avoid an answer that uses one of these words.
Thanks for reading this. I hope you find it useful

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by adob16(f): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nice
Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by blessedvisky(m): 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
cool
Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
You never jam ACCA multiple choice questions.

2 Likes

Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
sureguy02:
You never jam ACCA multiple choice questions.
Hehehehehe ACCA even small, make him kon try am with CFA make him eye clear. grin

Nice points listed though, but all these your tricks will work better for WAEC and JAMB students.

2 Likes

Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by hardbody: 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
Decallmemartin:
Hello everyone, I am a fresh gradguate of Bsc pharmacy and with a wealth of experience in taking multiple choice exams, I wish to share this with u. please spare some time and go through
1. Read the question carefully. Be sure you know exactly what is being asked. Many questions in an exam are missed because the test taker tried to answer a question other than the one being asked. In particular, look for wording such as “All of the following are true about the author’s purpose EXCEPT.” Train
yourself to notice any word in the question that is in all capital letters. Such a word will often completely change the meaning of the question. In the example above, if you do not notice the word
“EXCEPT,” you will be looking for answers that are true about the author’s purpose. In that question,
you want to look for the one answer that is not true about the author’s purpose.
2. Circle or underline key words and phrases in the question. These are words and phrases that help you
pick the one correct answer. Think of them as clues. You are the detective and you must examine each
question closely for clues to the correct answer. For example, if you have a reading comprehension passage about improvements in bicycle safety and then the question, “The modern bicycle has all the
following safety features EXCEPT,” the key words are “modern,”“safety features,” and “except.” After
you mark these words and phrases, look in the passage for the safety features of the modern bicycle.
Then choose the answer that is not mentioned in the passage as a safety feature of the modern bicycle.
3. Rule out incorrect answers. In the previous example, as you identify safety features of the modern bicycle from the passage, you will mark off each one as a possible choice. Because this is such a helpful technique, you will want to seriously consider setting up your scratch paper with choices 'a' through 'd', or a
through 'e', depending on the number of choices in that question. The reason it’s important to actually
mark the answer as you eliminate it from your choices is so that you will know it’s not the answer and
won’t waste time considering it again. You may be able to eliminate only one or two incorrect answers,
but every wrong answer you eliminate increases your chances of picking the correct answer.
4. Watch out for absolutes. Examiners, through years of practice, have gotten very skillful at encouraging test takers to choose the wrong answer when they are not sure of the right one. Fortunately for you, there are
several categories of distracter answers that tend to recur in exams. An example of a distracter is an
absolute word such as always, never, all, or none included within an answer. While it is possible to find a
correct answer that uses such an absolute, if you are unsure, it is wise to avoid an answer that uses one of these words.
Thanks for reading this. I hope you find it useful

No (at the bolded). I did not find it useful at all. And i have my reason.....

I just failed one professional exams, i scored 49, the passmark is 50 and i wrote 120 multiple choice questions using these suggestions. I lost $300 and i will be paying same amount to resit.

I am vexing.
Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by seankay(m): 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Cool but might not work for toelf and gre
Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by omowolewa: 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Your advise may not work for ISACA exams.
Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by coobboy(m): 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
seankay:
Cool but might not work for toelf and gre
Works for TOEFL, if you have the right study guide.
Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by heykims(m): 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
..but is there anything special in this?
Besides, I deal with True or False Mcqs and I don't need a third party to translate English for me..

Kudos anyway
Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by CICERO09(m): 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
Yes only in waec
Re: How to Score Almost 100% In Any Multiple Choice Exam by Decallmemartin(m): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
hardbody:

No (at the bolded). I did not find it useful at all. And i have my reason.....

I just failed one professional exams, i scored 49, the passmark is 50 and i wrote 120 multiple choice questions using these suggestions. I lost $300 and i will be paying same amount to resit.

I am vexing.
Sorry no vex
Practice makes perfect, next time it 'll work better

(1) (Reply)

For Your Project Topics And Materials On Islamic Religious Studies Education / Nabteb Geography 2016/2017 Questions / 2016 Nnpc/ Snepco National University Scholarship Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.