Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,759 members, 7,802,321 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny (20852 Views)

In Need Of A Builder Around Iyana Iyesi, ota, Ogun State / Do You Wanna Build Your House And Need A Builder?..call Us Today On 0806681069 / What Is The Difference Between A Builder And A Civil Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2015
adeekiti:
I sense something started getting worst when u brought a Nairalander in to work , I won't mention names but u can only give your best with sincerity, u don't av to hard your own money since the owner of the house has been using u for the project, take ur client like a family whom u will give all the sincerity to, secondly DR u don't av to keep multiple people for inspection on a project sir, the problem u get is one trying to damage the others services and @ the end of the day there will be problems, an issue happened on a project and let me share with u here, I av a sister who stays abroad and my own elder brother had to inspect the works for her and I was the one asking her to pay whatever amount my brother charges her and I will tell u a lot of errors was made and to our surprise we got to know my brother has been over billing his own blood sister and even getting money for what was not needed at the site, problem started when he cheated on the bricklayer who after a lil argument exposed the dirty transaction btw him and my brother and u won't believe all materials used were all fake , cement used for the building wasn't enough to give out quality looks and it even got to the plumbing guy who left pipes unfitted together under the ground and when we pump water to the tank , it vanishes in few minute like a spirit was drinking the water, after a lot of critical errors was discover, it tooke good stressful days to discover the pipe left underground unfitted, the plumber blocked the waste drainage with pure water nylon, then we started thinking a spirit was somewhere on the site grin this is what u will get when u decide to be greedy and lost ur integrity, I had to take the project from there because I was the one my sister blamed for not telling her when she asks if all was well at the site and me trying to safe the family from arguement and quarrel I will tell her all was well at the site , I started using my own money to cover up my brother's mess and tried to work as a tiler even when it was my profession, u can imagine even ur own blood will betray u at some point, despite my brother knows the problem our sister was facing abroad, pls Nairalanders people abroad are not pluckingoney on the tree likewise everyone here who uses his hard earned money on a project, let's be considerate and offer our best and at the end u get a better record for yourself and even u get paid for your honesty. Mr Eghosa u were trying to be sincere when u introduce the roofer to DR and I think u need to get back that trust DR had in u before he offered u his project, DR sir pls take things easy with him and I believe he has learned his lesson to be honest and be more open at what he does even there are always u can talk friendly at ur client to get yourself pocket money when u hail him or her for assistance, let's av a community of trust, honesty and sincerity in our all ours services, ibi ti eyan ti se Ise lo n ti je sugbon ajeju Ni ko da, God bless us all , happy Sunday house. Oga Eghosa talk to DR and appeal , customers are always right , I want us o know that we all av a role to play in each other's life but let's play a good role and get the best from our roles. Thanks to seun ,oga mufutau55 and all the bosses of boss I hail from my end here o

Egbosa didn't introduce Dr to me or either introduce me to Dr, Dr found me himself on nairaland and gave the contract roofing, covering, and plastering contract to me, Egbosa was surprise to even see me because he didn't know me one to one, but his aware of my numerous project on nairaland by the name hslbroker, so when i told him i'm hslbroker he was very surprise.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2015
a column need to rise from the ground of this angle i'm standing in this picture, to the parapet before this parapet that collapse can even stand, this suppose to have been implemented from the beginning so this kind of thing can be avoided

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by oyewole123: 8:51am On Aug 09, 2015
@egbosajohnny

No need for long pitiful and false story

I mentioned in my initial post, if u claim innocent that you should report to the police station where you were arrested from stealing my neighbour s planks and notify all the people I claimed U owe in my post that u are around, in that way u can clear your name. DO NOT SNEAK IN AND OUT OF THE POLICE STATION

All the people I mentioned in my story are waiting for you and for your information since you ran away from town/site without notifying anyone, not paying for goods bought or services rendered , a fraud case has been reported to the police and your name registered against it. YOU ARE A WANTED CRIMINAL!!!!!

You collected 56k from me just a day before absconding telling me you will be using it to do some work this new week, not knowing u had your plan, u even abandoned the collapsed roof parapet u built , putting my roof and people's life working there at risk?? Is that right or human ?? after spending over 10M naira on this project and u had your own fair share. No wonder people commented here that u always abandon projects and run away with client money, I never knew this before I hired u. WHAT A SHAME!!!!!

Mr IGUMA Johny, REPORT YOURSELF TO THE POLICE IF YOU CLAIM INNOCENT . Police are looking for you. Come and clear your name

I do not owe builders/mason money if my job is well done and completed ( my previous builders on NL here can testify ) . Johnny if you can prove it at the police station that am owing you for any finished job, I say it openly here that I promise to pay you three folds of my debt if any

WE ARE ALL WAITNIG FOR U AT THE POLICE STATION RUN-AWAY FRAUDSTER!!!!!!!!!
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by wanaj0: 8:54am On Aug 09, 2015
Titles/names are used loosely on Nairaland.

Johny is definitely not an engineer. Same with Brabus.

When I hear of collapse structures, I always wonder who the structural engineer is. That is enough to cause him ti lose his license.

As per diverting money etc, it is partly because people are not trustworthy and partly because some cannot resist temptation. When you pass like N15m through someone, dont be surprised when such people start to get ideas.

integrity and respect for contract is holding us down as a nation.

3 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by oyewole123: 9:11am On Aug 09, 2015
Least I forget, Johnny am saying it again AM NOT A BUILDER so I cannot give u a structural advice on a building so stop lying I was the one that said u should not put pillar where pillars ought to be . What an incompetency? Looking for who to blame

TREAT CLIENT AS HUMAN NOT AN ATM MACHINE TO DRAIN AND DUMP WHEN THINGS GO WRONG!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2015
oyewole123:
Least I forget, Johnny am saying it again AM NOT A BUILDER so I cannot give u a structural advice on a building so stop lying I was the one that said u should not put pillar where pillars ought to be . What an incompetency? Looking for who to blame

TREAT CLIENT AS HUMAN NOT AN ATM MACHINE TO DRAIN AND DUMP WHEN THINGS GO WRONG!!!!
DR u av all evidence including a witness who happen to be hslbroker, and when mr Eghosa reports to the station to wash his hand clean, will things be settled? There should be a clear difference btw a supervisor and a site engineer , if mr Eghosa has been presenting himself as an engineer then I think something should be cleared before contracting anyone to handle your project, most problem caused here are because people try to miss the difference btw a site engineer and a supervisor , competency will tell if you are an engineer and its another thing to be attracted by gains, no one is not stopping anyone from gaining from what u do but let it be a decent way far away from being a fraud, relate with ur client offering u a job and sincerity I say buys u a lot of dignity and respect but I'm surprise that no one was saying all dis before now
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2015
It's ok bro, bless u and try to be good at ur services. Happy weekend
HsLBroker:

Egbosa didn't introduce Dr to me or either introduce me to Dr, Dr found me himself on nairaland and gave the contract roofing, covering, and plastering contract to me, Egbosa was surprise to even see me because he didn't know me one to one, but his aware of my numerous project on nairaland by the name hslbroker, so when i told him i'm hslbroker he was very surprise.

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 09, 2015
adeekiti:
It's ok bro, bless u and try to be good at ur services. Happy weekend
bless you too sir, thanks i'm trying all my best at all time to be good in all my endeavor
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 09, 2015
oyewole123:

This is the same thing I said on the Brabus Ikorodu job fiasco. The client is mostly not the pro and it is up to the pro that he hired to identify issues and alert the client.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 09, 2015
EgunMogaji:

This is the same thing I said on the Brabus Ikorodu job fiasco. The client is mostly not the pro and it is up to the pro that he hired to identify issues and alert the client.
secundus
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 09, 2015
HsLBroker:
bless you too sir, thanks i'm trying all my best at all time to be good in all my endeavor
amen thanks bro
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 09, 2015
adeekiti:
amen thanks bro
u are welcome
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by gabbytabby: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2015
Eghosajohnny if the work you do end up collapsing then there is a serious cause for concern.

Again if both project have you arguing with other artisan and undermining them you need to be a better team player.

You also need to stop removing wood and support from decking or cantilever before the minimum 28days

Personally I do not think that you know enough to supervise a project especially one that is not a bungalow.

One of the characteristics I check for in an artisan is an ability to work with others some will go out of their way to be confrontational when you employ someone else to do what they see as their job. Some will go as far as destroy the other artisans work costing who u necessary money......... you guessed right the owner.

An owner has to prepare for this when they bring the new person. When I brought in the new carpenter to do the roof, I made sure the current had finished the internals and was off the site before they came in and I was also physically present to defray any shenanigans and there was some.

5 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Aventures(m): 11:05am On Aug 09, 2015
Too bad I saw things like this coming and I quickly spread my tentacles outside Nairaland. I know greed of some frolicking quacks on NL will bring all of us to disrepute, drag all our hard earn integrity and trust into mud to the point that no one will be willing to hire us. Too bad that this is happening now when many people in diaspora are taking solace in online hiring since trusting family memebers is even worst and, now see Nigerians.
It took some of us great sacrifice to built this trust, respect and integrity that people of diaspora have in Nairaland property section today even to a point of working without making any gain, several insults and pains.
Only this year alone I have rejected project worth # 60 million naira put together even including this one in question simply because I will rather sleep hungry than to bring a disrepute to our Honour.

Now I am so scared of this project, there was a time I raised an alarm on this project. I wrote an article long enough to buttress my point but no one took me serious. Only God knows the integrity of this structure.

The question is will this house be habitable after partial collapse here and there in the course of construction?

I have written this comment out of my sincere heart pains, if our brothers in diaspora can not trust us how do we gain trust, respect and honour of people of men and women of another race.

Please do not consider me bragging here, because mentioned volume of work I rejected, many that knows me well know I came on board as an article writter to enlighten people, builders and even students, and a lot of people could testify that I have offered free structural services via phone conservation and atimes beyond that.

5 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by spyder880(m): 11:10am On Aug 09, 2015
Aventures:
Too bad I saw things like this coming and I quickly spread my tentacles outside Nairaland. I know greed of some frolicking quacks on NL will bring all of us to disrepute, drag all our hard earn integrity and trust into mud to the point that no one will be willing to hire us. Too bad that this is happening now when many people in diaspora are taking solace in online hiring since trusting family memebers is even worst and, now see Nigerians.
It took some of us great sacrifice to built this trust, respect and integrity that people of diaspora have in Nairaland property section today even to a point of working without making any gain, several insults and pains.
Only this year alone I have rejected project worth # 60 million naira put together even including this one in question simply because I will rather sleep hungry than to bring a disrepute to our Honour.

Now I am so scared of this project, there was a time I raised an alarm on this project. I wrote an article long enough to buttress my point but no one took me serious. Only God knows the integrity of this structure.

The question is will this house be habitable after partial collapse here and there in the course of construction?

I have written this comment out of my sincere heart pains, if our brothers in diaspora can not trust us how do we gain trust, respect and honour of people of men and women of another race.

Please do not consider me bragging here, because mentioned volume of work I rejected, many that knows me well know I came on board as an article writter to enlighten people, builders and even students, and a lot of people could testify that I have offered free structural services via phone conservation and atimes beyond that.

I feel you. I am getting more frightened everyday.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by cluewebhost(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2015
Sentiments and Business don't mix
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by PropTrader: 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
Na wa o. Even before this guy got any job in nairaland, he sounded too desperate to be trusted...always crashing in on peoples thread and literally begging for jobs.

Project sponsors should also learn to do basic due diligence before awarding contracts. I have never seen the wisdom in giving people serious jobs out of pity so Mr OP you have your own share of the blame. Just like others that read about Brabus and still give jobs to him and his fraud of a company and then come back months later to cry on the thread. By the time you start crying on the thread about your contractor things would have already gone wrong and you would have lost money!.

Additionally when you are unsure of a contractor, you need to do your job in phases and be ready to fire him at any stage. You also need to cover your ass with a contract that will be signed by both parties and be ready to prosecute. The problem is that we are all in a hurry to get things going and always forget to do the basics.

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
Egbosa need to quickly see to how to repair this parapet in time, not to delay the completion of this project.

Then after that, Him and Dr can sort the payment issue, either conventionally, diplomatically or Tribunally, one thing that is certain is that there are witnesses.

This is not for Mr. Egbosa to shift blame, Dr is not imposition to be responsible for the collapse, because he wasn't the one who build this house, Egbosa did, 4 Days when i had a meeting with Egbosa, he promise to do this parapet by now, so we can complete the plastering because if he didn't repair the parapet, we can't complete our on Job.

This other option, if Egbosa think he can't fix it, so therefore using the opportunity to so slow down the progress of this project, then let Dr get someone else who can fix it, get the total cost, then carry Egbosa along in tune with cost of fix the falling parapet, deduct the cost of repairing the parapet from Mr. Egbosa balance, balance Mr. Egbosa and let the world move on, by this Mr. Egbosa will learn, Dr will and the global audience too will learn something.

So this project will not be on stand still.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
I'm just glad that no one got injured by collapsing parapets.

The alternative parapet sellers should have a field day with this one.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by semitunde: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
I don't think I can say this enough. For any prospective home owner or builder; if the building is more than a storey, get a Civil Engr, preferably one with experience and/or proven track record.

His job would be to certify that reinforcement and concrete works are done to standards and changes to building design can be run through him for necessary quality adjustments.

If you have to negotiate a certain percentage away from the supervision amount to incorporate this, do it.

An architect is currently working on a 6x 3bedroom building. He call himself a contractor cos he could get the artisans together. He has plasterers the building and is ready for painting but I fear for the occupants; and while I told him my fears and how to rectify them, I don't think he followed it or understood it was that critical. If it was my site, I would insist on thé rectification else count me out of that project. Its a situation that would have been even prevented had the client ( or the contractor) made use of a CIVIL ENGR.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by semitunde: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
Aventures:

I can testify to the last paragraph. I've asked you questions and you provided answers that helped shape my decision twice. I'm sure you can't really tell who I am from here though. Its been some years now.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brabus(m): 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
@HsLBroker,

How bad is the structural damage? Is it something repairable? Sorry, I'm asking because you're the only one who had physically seen the collapsed section. If it something that you can fix, I'd suggest you help the OP fix the problem and continue with your work.

If otherwise, @oyewole123 please look for a building inspector to certify the integrity of the structure in question and let a structural engineer recommend a workable fix where need be. Stop all work if need be and get to be sure that the structure will stand the test of time. A stitch in time saves nine.

@eghosajohnny, Executing a project to clients satisfaction is very key in any business! Pls do not abandon the site at this moment. Get other expert opinion/suggestion on how to fix the problem. Deal with the site issues especially with the tradespeople. It may put you in bad light now but the client will know you stood up in the face of challenges.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by segcymoor(m): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
I am coming. ............
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by gabbytabby: 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hmmm hmmm hmmm

someone does have a lot of guts I have to give him that.

8 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by FastShipping: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
I remember Aventure asked a lot of questions about this particular project two month ago or so. I can see from far away something is wrong with this structure. The owner was only shopping for the cheapest builder out there.

Eghosajonny work always look like he doesn't use enough cement or doesn't miss cement and sand very well before building.

This structure is a mess. Some parts of it need to be torn down to avoid collapse.

3 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Aventures(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2015
semitunde:

I can testify to the last paragraph. I've asked you questions and you provided answers that helped shape my decision twice. I'm sure you can't really tell who I am from here though. Its been some years now.
Thanks a lot I do that often so it ciuld be a bit difficult to remember now.

@eghosajohny: The roof is done already the repair may be a little more difficult abd expensive. why not try option of making it up with precast. just suggesting, I wouldn't know if it's going to work.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
wanaj0:
Titles/names are used loosely on Nairaland.

Johny is definitely not an engineer. Same with Brabus.

When I hear of collapse structures, I always wonder who the structural engineer is. That is enough to cause him ti lose his license.

As per diverting money etc, it is partly because people are not trustworthy and partly because some cannot resist temptation. When you pass like N15m through someone, dont be surprised when such people start to get ideas.

integrity and respect for contract is holding us down as a nation.

Well said Bro. True words.

Our greed will always hold us back.

I visited my Bro in UK last year and its amazing how things work there. People are held accountable for their actions or lack of it.

In our country Nigeria cowboys operate everywhere. Take our hard earned money and flex around the town after doing shoddy jobs.

They will all get paid with the same coins they have stolen from people who have toiled hard for their money.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=gabbytabby post=36777865]Hmmm hmmm hmmm

someone does have a lot of guts I have to give him that.[/quote

Madam, it's called forming and packaging grin
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
FastShipping:
I remember Aventure asked a lot of questions about this particular project two month ago or so. I can see from far away something is wrong with this structure. The owner was only shopping for the cheapest builder out there.

Eghosajonny work always look like he doesn't use enough cement or doesn't miss cement and sand very well before building.

This structure is a mess. Some parts of it need to be torn down to avoid collapse.

Isn't the gap space for a pillar?
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by FastShipping: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Isn't the gap space for a pillar?

But the blocks supposed to make 90 degrees from inside. Those block should be touching from left to right, vise versa.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
PropTrader:
Na wa o. Even before this guy got any job in nairaland, he sounded too desperate to be trusted...always crashing in on peoples thread and literally begging for jobs.

Project sponsors should also learn to do basic due diligence before awarding contracts. I have never seen the wisdom in giving people serious jobs out of pity so Mr OP you have your own share of the blame. Just like others that read about Brabus and still give jobs to him and his fraud of a company and then come back months later to cry on the thread. By the time you start crying on the thread about your contractor things would have already gone wrong and you would have lost money!.

Additionally when you are unsure of a contractor, you need to do your job in phases and be ready to fire him at any stage. You also need to cover your ass with a contract that will be signed by both parties and be ready to prosecute. The problem is that we are all in a hurry to get things going and always forget to do the basics.

Sir,
You have hit the nail on the head here. The thing you also have to understand is that our brothers and sisters in Diaspora cannot always do that level of due diligence from there and when they come here they only have a few weeks or so.
It's not as easy as it sounds so where do they go from there?
It's forums like this that can assist us and help to guide/shape our decisions and thats why I told my story about Brabus not to soil his name but to say what I experienced.
If all clients here say their experiences we will be able to weed out the bad ones from the good ones because I am sure there are alot of good ones as well.
We all have a part to play in making thins better for Nigerians here and the ones that planning on coming back.

Some of these so cowboy builders take the money from the clients and dont even pay their workers.
These are workers eating from mouth to mouth and they treat them like dogs even after they have done their jobs well.

We are in such a bad state if we think these acts are humans and come Sunday all of us will go to church and ask God for mercy.

What kind of mercy do you want after doing this to your fellow man?

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
FastShipping:

But the blocks supposed to make 90 degrees from inside. Those block should be touching from lift to right, vise versa.

Duly noted now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land / Construction Of Three Bedrooms Bungalow (with Pictures) / What Is The Estimated Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Lugbe? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.