Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny (20877 Views)

In Need Of A Builder Around Iyana Iyesi, ota, Ogun State / Do You Wanna Build Your House And Need A Builder?..call Us Today On 0806681069 / What Is The Difference Between A Builder And A Civil Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
brabus:

Nice one bro!
THANKS
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
HsLBroker:
PLEASE TELL HIM IS HOLDING SOME PEOPLE DOWN REGARDS TO THE PROJECT INCLUDING HIMSELF AND THE OWNER OF PROJECT.

What's his motivation to come to Ondo when the project owner has said the police are waiting to arrest him?

Just curious.

The owner needs to retract all the threats and welcome him back to finish the job if that is what is needed.

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
HsLBroker:
if you don't show case what you do how can it be scrutinize for betterment and more job, continue hidding yourself under the pillow, GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.

I agree but then some people are comfortable with being local champion.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by semitunde: 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
HsLBroker:
if you don't show case what you do how can it be scrutinize for betterment and more job, continue hidding yourself under the pillow, GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.

Well showcasing is one thing, have something interesting to share and having the time to share it and be online to answer questions quickly is another thing.

Maybe it would have helped me advertise myself but I'm quite intense at doing what I do. Constantly looking for ways of making a process better. If I exposed myself early here too early, before i was sure of what i know and do ( this came from established consulting and construction coys) who knows, I may have made mistakes...and I detest failures.

The projects I wanted to post here but didn't have the energy for included the construction of a 40 unit estate in lekki. But I wanted to focus more on the external works that really tasked me. Had a central, packaged sewage treatment plant and we had to deliver within a seriously fast tracked schedule. Or other projects where the construction of staircases can become a nut to crack cos of space constraints. To share the knowledge of the problem factors and not the whole construction process; but I wasn't sure ppl would understand my intent, besides it wasn't my real interest which was current affairs.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
HsLBroker:
THANKS

HsLBroker: This is your work.

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by wanaj0: 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
I don't think Johnny is the only one at fault here. The client also at fault and I hope that others will learn from this.

How many here will allow a nurse to carry out an operation on your child? Brabus, Johnny and most of the builders dont have the requisite training, competency and experience to do the kind of jobs given to them to do.

When you have failure of a structure, you look for the structural engineer. Was there a structural drawing for this building? Was the drawing followed by Johnny? Was there any structural engineer that confirmed that the work was done as per the design?

I know that Nigeria is a country where an hospital attendant will claim to know more than a consultant in a teaching hospital. The value of the consultant is known when things go wrong.

For the builders who may not have the necessary certification and competency, get the required professionals to work with you. Once the building is not a bungalow, get a structural engineer. Even for your electrical works, get a certified/registered electrical contractor. Someone that have the tools and instrument to detect faults!

For clients, stop patronising QUACKS all in the name of saving money. Not asking people to waste money BUTensure that works are propely designed and the design followed to the letter.

Johnny has built a bungalow before and that's where it should stop.

Brabus is an IT person so surprised at how he became a building professional overnight. He needs reall building professionals to work with him.

We all need to understand our limitations and not present ourselves for who we are not.

In civilised countries, many here will be behind bars for impersonation!

7 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brabus(m): 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
semitunde:

Well showcasing is one thing, have something interesting to share and having the time to share it and be online to answer questions quickly is another thing.

Maybe it would have helped me advertise myself but I'm quite intense at doing what I do. Constantly looking for ways of making a process better. If I exposed myself early here too early, before i was sure of what i know and do ( this came from established consulting and construction coys) who knows, I may have made mistakes...and I detest failures.

The projects I wanted to post here but didn't have the energy for included the construction of a 40 unit estate in lekki. But I wanted to focus more on the external works that really tasked me. Had a central, packaged sewage treatment plant and we had to deliver within a seriously fast tracked schedule. Or other projects where the construction of staircases can become a nut to crack cos of space constraints. To share the knowledge of the problem factors and not the whole construction process; but I wasn't sure ppl would understand my intent, besides it wasn't my real interest which was current affairs.

True words!

It's good to showcase your projects but I've discovered that advertising is a tax you have to pay if you have a bad product. So if you have a truly great product, people will talk about it and awareness builds without any advertising.
Get social (Facebook, twitter, nairaland, Instagram etc), focus on delivering quality projects and your satisfied clients and the power of word-of-mouth will do the rest for you. No project is small.

Just share it.

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by gabbytabby: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
I happen to have a 2 month break and had time to go through the thread in question. Provided

1) They used the right size of rod for the pillars ie minimum 16mm
2) The position of the rod is according to the structural drawings
3) You could not see this but one would have to take his word that there is inner beam in the decking.
4) it would have helped if the ring was positioned 1 foot apart or at least 1 and half feet cos it looked more like 2 and half to three foot apart.

Structurally I think there may not be a problem.

My take is you have to know what you are doing ie be a seasoned structural engineer to combine cantilever with no pillar with parapet. Just writing it is making me hold my head as I would not dream of doing it.

Unless you have iron rods in the german floor the starter bars can be done at the same time as you do the stair. Me no want any protruding iron impaling any of this our careless artisans.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

What's his motivation to come to Ondo when the project owner has said the police are waiting to arrest him?

Just curious.

The owner needs to retract all the threats and welcome him back to finish the job if that is what is needed.
i will talk with Dr but Egbosa too need to apologize to him

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 10, 2015
allen0000:

HsLBroker: This is your work.
thank you for sharing it sir.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 10, 2015
HsLBroker:
i will talk with Dr but Egbosa too need to apologize to him

Excellent.

HsL, you talk to Doc and Mr. Egbosa please reach out to both HsL and the good Doc to let him know that you want to do whatever it takes to settle this.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by semitunde: 7:16am On Aug 10, 2015
brabus:

True words!

It's good to showcase your projects but I've discovered that advertising is a tax you have to pay if you have a bad product. So if you have a truly great product, people will talk about it and awareness builds without any advertising.
Get social (Facebook, twitter, nairaland, Instagram etc), focus on delivering quality projects and your satisfied clients and the power of word-of-mouth will do the rest for you. No project is small.

Just share it.

Lol. Thanks.

Its not that I've handled small or unadvertiseable projects o. Funny I haven't. My first job was a road construction project in Benue state. Grossly underpaid, but I made sure I used to opportunity to learn all I needed to know. I was poached into my next coy that mainly dealt with Lagos state govt building projects. This was 2008.

We handled fashola's pioneer housing estate in ikorodu, did some schools buildings in surulere, ikeja and ipaja where I was a contractor on some and a consultant at others. More than two of these projects had companies like ARUP and MORENO as consultant and contractors respectively. Up til 2011.

Its not the small size of the project that is my concern as much as a weakness of not drawing attention to myself if and when I decide to post pictures. Especially as I have other things running in my mind and may not have the required attention span to answer all questions with explanation as I would want, for projects I post.

ThankGod. I have not had any projects with technical issues. I have had with money though, but I was the victim there and it was due to my naivety.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brabus(m): 7:33am On Aug 10, 2015
semitunde:

Lol. Thanks.

Its not that I've handled small or unadvertiseable projects o. Funny I haven't. My first job was a road construction project in Benue state. Grossly underpaid, but I made sure I used to opportunity to learn all I needed to know. I was poached into my next coy that mainly dealt with Lagos state govt building projects. This was 2008.

We handled fashola's pioneer housing estate in ikorodu, did some schools buildings in surulere, ikeja and ipaja where I was a contractor on some and a consultant at others. More than two of these projects had companies like ARUP and MORENO as consultant and contractors respectively. Up til 2011.

Its not the small size of the project that is my concern as much as a weakness of not drawing attention to myself if and when I decide to post pictures. Especially as I have other things running in my mind and may not have the required attention span to answer all questions with explanation as I would want, for projects I post.

ThankGod. I have not had any projects with technical issues. I have had with money though, but I was the victim there and it was due to my naivety.

You are wise! Take as much time bro. You don't want to start remedying things when you hit the centerstage.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by fippycbk(m): 7:34am On Aug 10, 2015
We have structural drawings but most of us don't even look at them. Most don't even know how to interpret these structural drawings. We just use the Architectural drawings to do everything and then reinforce our beams and cantilevers with our discretion sad

There's a reason we have all 4 drawings (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Drawings). 1 can't go without the other.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by oyewole123: 7:34am On Aug 10, 2015
NLers

BEWARE OF THIS RUN-AWAY FRAUDSTER!!!!!
Mr Iguma Johnny, report to the police station to clear your name of fraud
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by fippycbk(m): 7:41am On Aug 10, 2015
segcymoor:
Regarding the beam that over hang without pillar grin grin...that one na moin moin grin
purely structural work! In fact. It had beauty to house (as u can see from this project recently done)

Hmmmm.but I am afraid if this eghosajohnny treat the beam proper before casting. .

True
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by twinskenny(m): 7:42am On Aug 10, 2015
fippycbk:
We have structural drawings but most of us don't even look at them. Most don't even know how to interpret these structural drawings. We just use the Architectural drawings to do everything and then reinforce our beams and cantilevers with our discretion sad

There's a reason we have all 4 drawings (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Drawings). 1 can't go without the other.
you nailed it sir

I.have been to some project site and ask for an electrical during and they said they dont have any. Imagine
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by fippycbk(m): 7:54am On Aug 10, 2015
twinskenny:
you nailed it sir

I.have been to some project site and ask for an electrical during and they said they dont have any. Imagine

It baffles me a lot. There are some projects I can't oversee on my own as an architect. I will always have my structural engineer beside me.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2015
fippycbk:

Bungalows don't require structural do they?

Thanks.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by fippycbk(m): 7:59am On Aug 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Bungalows don't require structural do they?

Thanks.

They don't, except in cases where the project site has a loose soil.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by KolaShangOne(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2015
I had to read this thread word to word..

I think the parapet can be reconstructed if HSL hasn't done the nogging. It's a slow painstaking process tho.

Its not easy to pick Builders or Engineers off the internet. But I advise people to do business with companies not an individual. That way, U can formally sue for breach of contract.

Also, certain things need to be done but they cost money so we Nigerians find a way around it. Structural detailing of this house would av cost 100k or less but it wasn't done. If it was, those places absent columns would av been noticed. Also, we never do material testing in Nigeria especially for storey buildings..

If COREN were to do its job and they take concrete samples from buildings, most of these building would have been marked for demolition.

Lastly, people shld stop calling themselves what they're not. I've seen an accountant with Archicad knowledge calling himself an Architect. And we had problems with the project which I titled "3 units of 2 brledroom flats". For the records, until I get my masters IB Building construction, I'm just a project Engineer but lots of COREN certified Engrs work with me.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I agree but then some people are comfortable with being local champion.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by akinola98: 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
fippycbk:

Very correct
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Beulah09: 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
oyewole123:

NLers

Mr Iguma Johnny, report to the police station to clear your name of fraud

This is becoming defamation of character. Someone is considered innocent until pronounced guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction (not even police).

Police can declare him wanted. Police can charge him to court. You are not in a position to call him a FRAUDSTER until the court pronounced him so. You need to RESPECT his RIGHT to FAIR hearing.

4 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Beulah09: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
KolaShangOne:
I had to read this thread word to word..

I think the parapet can be reconstructed if HSL hasn't done the nogging. It's a slow painstaking process tho.

Its not easy to pick Builders or Engineers off the internet. But I advise people to do business with companies not an individual. That way, U can formally sue for breach of contract.

Also, certain things need to be done but they cost money so we Nigerians find a way around it. Structural detailing of this house would av cost 100k or less but it wasn't done. If it was, those places absent columns would av been noticed. Also, we never do material testing in Nigeria especially for storey buildings..

If COREN were to do its job and they take concrete samples from buildings, most of these building would have been marked for demolition.

Lastly, people shld stop calling themselves what they're not. I've seen an accountant with Archicad knowledge calling himself an Architect. And we had problems with the project which I titled "3 units of 2 brledroom flats". For the records, until I get my masters IB Building construction, I'm just a project Engineer but lots of COREN certified Engrs work with me.

How do you construct a storey building without a structural drawing? If that is the case, the building should be pulled down!

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by wytecat: 12:01am On Aug 11, 2015
As per whatever a mortar covers in that part of the country is hidden to the world and perceived enemies for fake glory, so we have no way of knowing how many of the stacked boxes are still standing with no structural hazard.

I think brabus is still one of the most transparent builders here, and all he needs to do is be honest the first time and stick to his gun. Many would want to exploit him since he's handling his job like a kid. If you go through the comments, you 'll see that many have been waiting for this moment, and brabus is making their day.

@brabus, it's up to you to wake up before you are run under to make way for Lego builder to enter your area. Wise up man!

And now Eghosajohnny

EgunMogaji
post=36755490:

True and is most unfortunate.

My respect is dwindling fast for artisans on here.

The back door resolution has actually done more hard than good. How do I know that even the best in the house is not a fraudster that has had issue resolved off of the forum?

Sad really.

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by wytecat: 2:36am On Aug 11, 2015
Is this your first time of hearing anyone being called "fraudster" on nairaland? Or did those people go to court before calling them such? Just shush it already. The client is well within his right to call him that if he feels he's been defrauded. While I share the blame between the two, no one has gone to court before labelling anyone on nairaland, so don't shakara him joor, or do you think because he's a doctor, he can't get down and dirty? Sit down there! Eghosajonny is at fault for walking away from the job he received money for, and you should focus on how to resolve that, he probably doesn't have money now but he can apologize and offer to put in some work if possible. Any court of law will find him liable should the client head to court.

Beulah09:

This is becoming defamation of character. Someone is considered innocent until pronounced guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction (not even police).

Police can declare him wanted. Police can charge him to court. You are not in a position to call him a FRAUDSTER until the court pronounced him so. You need to RESPECT his RIGHT to FAIR hearing.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 11, 2015
wytecat:
Is this your first time of hearing anyone being called "fraudster" on nairaland? Or did those people go to court before calling them such? Just shush it already. The client is well within his right to call him that if he feels he's been defrauded. While I share the blame between the two, no one has gone to court before labelling anyone on nairaland, so don't shakara him joor, or do you think because he's a doctor, he can't get down and dirty? Sit down there! Eghosajonny is at fault for walking away from the job he received money for, and you should focus on how to resolve that, he probably doesn't have money now but he can apologize and offer to put in some work if possible. Any court of law will find him liable should the client head to court.

seconded

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by segcymoor(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2015
wytecat:

I am afraid bros........it seems u lack sound judgement. Can you please tell this house the clear possibility that Dr CAN GET DOWN AND DIRTY...forget the fact that I have worked for him before so I knew what he can do. .......just let us face this available fact before us
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by akinola98: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2015
wytecat:
Is this your first time of hearing anyone being called "fraudster" on nairaland? Or did those people go to court before calling them such? Just shush it already. The client is well within his right to call him that if he feels he's been defrauded. While I share the blame between the two, no one has gone to court before labelling anyone on nairaland, so don't shakara him joor, or do you think because he's a doctor, he can't get down and dirty? Sit down there! Eghosajonny is at fault for walking away from the job he received money for,

and you should focus on how to resolve that, he probably doesn't have money now but he can apologize and offer to put in some work if possible. Any court of law will find him liable should the client head to court.

Totally agreed with you

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by oyewole123: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
NLers

Mr Iguma Johnny, report to the police station to clear your name of fraud charge against you

YOU CAN RUN BUT CANNOT HIDE
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by KolaShangOne(m): 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
Beulah09:

How do you construct a storey building without a structural drawing? If that is the case, the building should be pulled down!

There are plenty storey buildings without structural drawing in Nigeria o.. Either it's not drawn, done wrongly, or they do copy and paste, or they don't follow it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Construction Of Three Bedrooms Bungalow (with Pictures) / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room / Affordable Lands For Sell In The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.