Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny (20878 Views)

In Need Of A Builder Around Iyana Iyesi, ota, Ogun State / Do You Wanna Build Your House And Need A Builder?..call Us Today On 0806681069 / What Is The Difference Between A Builder And A Civil Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by oyewole123: 9:11am On Aug 12, 2015
Beulah09:

How do you construct a storey building without a structural drawing? If that is the case, the building should be pulled down!

My architect ( Fippycbk on NL) did all the necessary building drawings for me . He can confirm that

It is just that the incompetent, run away builder and fraudster could not interpret and put it into reality

JOHNNY, U CAN RUN WITH MY MONEY BUT YOU CANNOT HIDE!!!!!
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by fippycbk(m): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2015
oyewole123:

My architect ( Fippycbk on NL) did all the necessary building drawings for me . He can confirm that

It is just that the incompetent, run away builder and fraudster could not interpret and put it into reality

JOHNNY, U CAN RUN WITH MY MONEY BUT YOU CANNOT HIDE!!!!!

All drawings were complete. The Architectural Drawing (duly stamped and sealed), Structural Drawings (stamped and also included a letter of structural fitness), mechanical and electrical drawings.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Jamesqu(m): 11:44am On Aug 12, 2015
segcymoor:

I am afraid bros........it seems u lack sound judgement. Can you please tell this house the clear possibility that Dr CAN GET DOWN AND DIRTY...forget the fact that I have worked for him before so I knew what he can do. .......just let us face this available fact before us

Segun, you have time...some people don't know what we have seen in this property section!
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by twinskenny(m): 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
fippycbk:

All drawings were complete. The Architectural Drawing (duly stamped and sealed), Structural Drawings (stamped and also included a letter of structural fitness), mechanical and electrical drawings.

during the construction process sir, did you ever visit the site just to check if the Engr is right on track with the drawings provided
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
twinskenny:

during the construction process sir, did you ever visit the site just to check if the Engr is right on track with the drawings provided

Is this a requirement or just a prudent action?

At what stages should I arrange for my architect to come onsite?

Thanks.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by twinskenny(m): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Is this a requirement or just a prudent action?

At what stages should I arrange for my architect to come onsite?

Thanks.

Its both sir.. no matter how the project is.. the archy and the structural Engr should pay a visit... just to check if everything is order.. very important. the structural engr always have the final say.. i have been to a sight where the structural engr sacked the contractor due to the fact that the contractor was not following due instructions
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
twinskenny:

Its both sir.. no matter how the project is.. the archy and the structural Engr should pay a visit... just to check if everything is order.. very important. the structural engr always have the final say.. i have been to a sight where the structural engr sacked the contractor due to the fact that the contractor was not following due instructions

Okay duly noted. Thanks.

I continue to learn.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by fippycbk(m): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
twinskenny:

Good day sir,
My job description was solely to produce working drawings. If the client had wanted me to visit the site, he'd have had to discuss that with me. The drawing produced however was very legible to any builder that knows his onions. Seeing as if it was not it would not be approved by the development authorities.

Drawings with complete detailed specifications represent the will of the architect on site (if absent), if strictly adhered to. More so, we always make it a point of reference in our NOTES that "The architect won't be held responsible for any work not supervised by him"

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by mufutau55(m): 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
There are some Architects that I trusted in this forum and Fippycbk is one of them.
And Architect is not mandatory to visit the site during construction unless hired to do so... that is why we have Site Engineers.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by twinskenny(m): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
fippycbk:

Good day sir,
My job description was solely to produce working drawings. If the client had wanted me to visit the site, he'd have had to discuss that with me. The drawing produced however was very legible to any builder that knows his onions. Seeing as if it was not it would not be approved by the development authorities.

Drawings with complete detailed specifications represent the will of the architect on site (if absent), if strictly adhered to. More so, we always make it a point of reference in our NOTES that "The architect won't be held responsible for any work not supervised by him"

very clear sir.. no I understand.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by twinskenny(m): 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
mufutau55:
There are some Architects that I trusted in this forum and Fippycbk is one of them.
And Architect is not mandatory to visit the site during construction unless hired to do so... that is why we have site Engineers.

Hajji M.

You are right sir.. i always believe its important for a builder to stick to drawing provided by the architect. but some will not
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by fippycbk(m): 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
mufutau55:
And Architect is not mandatory to visit the site during construction unless hired to do so... that is why we have site Engineers.

Hajji M.

Thank you very much my boss. I even go as far as advising clients with little plots on what the development authorities want as regards setbacks. We don't want cases whereby drawings will be returned. We pre-vet these drawings if possible so as not to make mistakes. In the end it's the building that matters, not the architect, not the client. Thanks once again sir.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by mufutau55(m): 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
twinskenny:

You are right sir.. i always believe its important for a builder to stick to drawing provided by the architect. but some will not

Then we shoul hold them responsible and accountable when they did not follow what they are supposed to do...

Hajji M.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by wytecat: 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
First of all I'm not anyone's bros and you should know how to just address people by their handles if you were taught simple manners.

You need to first hear yourself speak and hear the garbage that came out of you.

You are even dumber, sorry, if I have to explain that to you, what else would you ask me to waste my time on?

I know some of you have made this your home and must type something even if it's trash, to show you are here.

segcymoor:

I am afraid bros........it seems u lack sound judgement. Can you please tell this house the clear possibility that Dr CAN GET DOWN AND DIRTY...forget the fact that I have worked for him before so I knew what he can do. .......just let us face this available fact before us
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by ceasare: 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
@oyewole123 sorry for how things went south with johnny.these are my takes:in as much as we can be quick to blame johnny most times we cant absolve the clients too!like someone said: THE CHEAPEST QUOTES DOES NOT NECCESARILY MEANS THE BEST JOB TO BE DONE but at the same time we should thread with caution when it comes to cost and quality which means when engaging professionals for your jobs demand to sight atleast a certificate that truly such person brandishing himself as an engineer and whom you are dishing out your money to is actually a graduate of the built industry that still doesnt mean someone with a degree in architecture or civil engineering can still not Bleep up but its a 1st line of check.
like i have always advocated all clients should engaged professionals and do their due diligence to avoid such instance.for instance you get a QS to quantify after your architect has drawn the drawing as a guide to whatever your engineer(or contractor) is quoting so if you are getting a lower quote than whats tenable you should know that its a red flag for shody jobs.these days what clients really wants is the cheapest quote and the next thing they start shouting blood murder.....
@Johnny:just do your best of clearing your name and resolve this with the doctor amicably and move on like most people here hv advised and secondly jumping on peoples thread to solicit for contracts isnt cool(at a point u were all over nl thread and it was annoying) its just a pointer to the fact that you are just a disaster waiting to happen for those who have a sharp instincts.
@hslbroker please calm down on johnny all these your undue hacking of johnny(no pun intended o) wont get you far,remember you are in the same trade like johnny...every dog will always have his day.i never knew you do plastering too aside roofing abi u r just playing on johnny's misfortune?

lastly@lawyer i think its time to regulate who and who parade there self here as contractors.their should be a strict documentation regime chaired by lawyer and the mods to scrutinize contractors qualifications and list those qualified and screened to the property section as contractors verified with star ratings to guide clients and those in the diaspora on who to deal with in here.

last bullet:for me i have decide to source client off NL because most of the clients are never sincere (am sorry if am a lil bit irrational)they know what they want from the beginning but paying the dues is just the problem!!! imagine building mansion worth tens of millions and paying professional less than 10% of the total project cost to make sure things doesn't go wrong is always an issue....i guess its a Nigerian thing we like shortchanging ourselves.

9 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
ceasare:
@oyewole123 sorry for how things went south with johnny.these are my takes:in as much as we can be quick to blame johnny most times we cant absolve the clients too!like someone said: THE CHEAPEST QUOTES DOES NOT NECCESARILY MEANS THE BEST JOB TO BE DONE but at the same time we should thread with caution when it comes to cost and quality which means when engaging professionals for your jobs demand to sight atleast a certificate that truly such person brandishing himself as an engineer and whom you are dishing out your money to is actually a graduate of the built industry that still doesnt mean someone with a degree in architecture or civil engineering can still not Bleep up but its a 1st line of check.
like i have always advocated all clients should engaged professionals and do their due diligence to avoid such instance.for instance you get a QS to quantify after your architect has drawn the drawing as a guide to whatever your engineer(or contractor) is quoting so if you are getting a lower quote than whats tenable you should know that its a red flag for shody jobs.these days what clients really wants is the cheapest quote and the next thing they start shouting blood murder.....
@Johnny:just do your best of clearing your name and resolve this with the doctor amicably and move on like most people here hv advised and secondly jumping on peoples thread to solicit for contracts isnt cool(at a point u were all over nl thread and it was annoying) its just a pointer to the fact that you are just a disaster waiting to happen for those who have a sharp instincts.
@hslbroker please calm down on johnny all these your undue hacking of johnny(no pun intended o) wont get you far,remember you are in the same trade like johnny...every dog will always have his day.i never knew you do plastering too aside roofing abi u r just playing on johnny's misfortune?

lastly@lawyer i think its time to regulate who and who parade there self here as contractors.their should be a strict documentation regime chaired by lawyer and the mods to scrutinize contractors qualifications and list those qualified and screened to the property section as contractors verified with star ratings to guide clients and those in the diaspora on who to deal with in here.

last bullet:for me i have decide to source client off NL because most of the clients are never sincere (am sorry if am a lil bit irrational)they know what they want from the beginning but paying the dues is just the problem!!! imagine building mansion worth tens of millions and paying professional less than 10% of the total project cost to make sure things doesn't go wrong is always an issue....i guess its a Nigerian thing we like shortchanging ourselves.

You made some valid points but you were way off on the key ones, at least to me.

No builder or professional worth his salt should ever sign on to a job where he cannot give a 100% satisfactorily job.

Artisans need stop learn when to politely back down from jobs due to inability to deliver a superior product.

Until and when artisans start to quote for jobs on a per square meter basis then customers will have to bargain.

Case in point, I am ordering 10 tonnes of sharp sand. I will have it delivered for N12,000 onsite. I didn't have to bargain, that's the vendors price. I have gotten quotes of N15,000, N18,000 and N24,000 from other folks. Do you blame me if I try to negotiate? Though I didn't, I didn't have to.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You made some valid points but you were way off on the key ones, at least to me.

No builder or professional worth his salt should ever sign on to a job where he cannot give a 100% satisfactorily job.

Artisans need stop learn when to politely back down from jobs due to inability to deliver a superior product.

Until and when artisans start to quote for jobs on a per square meter basis then customers will have to bargain.

Case in point, I am ordering 10 tonnes of sharp sand. I will have it delivered for N12,000 onsite. I didn't have to bargain, that's the vendors price. I have gotten quotes of N15,000, N18,000 and N24,000 from other folks. Do you blame me if I try to negotiate? Though I didn't, I didn't have to.

Where did you get this deal from? Can you share your Vendor/Supplier's detail?
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by topsy23: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
twinskenny:
you nailed it sir

I.have been to some project site and ask for an electrical during and they said they dont have any. Imagine

@twinskenny, most client don't believe in electrical and mechanical drawings. They will come to site and tell you the number of lighting point and socket outlet they need. They believe in giving instructions on site rather than having the design drawing which is not the best for the installer. Many clients don't believe in electrical, mechanical and structural drawings. What they know is Architectural drawing. All these drawings are very important in building construction. For the Electrical and Mechanical drawings we have:
-DESIGN/WORKSHOP DRAWING:- These are the drawings needed during the installation and contruction of a project

-AS-BUILT DRAWING:- normally issue to the client after the installation/completion of the project. We normally submitted it together with operation and maintenance manual. A lot of things must change during installation e.g location of switches and sockets, addition of lighting points and other things.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
brag3:

Where did you get this deal from? Can you share your Vendor/Supplier's detail?

This in Ibadan, and in a village, not Lagos.

Since this is the first time I'm using him, let me sample him first before giving him a recommendation. He's a block maker near my site.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
ceasare:

@ ceasera I have nothing against johnny, I'm alone against Johnny because is holding my own plastering job captive, which in tune delaying me on other job.

By God grace things we be sorted out.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

This in Ibadan, and in a village, not Lagos.

Since this is the first time I'm using him, let me sample him first before giving him a recommendation. He's a block maker near my site.

Ah OK, please keep me posted. I have been quoted much more than that here in Lagos so just checking if I don form maga again...........
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
brag3:

Ah OK, please keep me posted. I have been quoted much more than that here in Lagos so just checking if I don form maga again...........

So far what I found is sharp sand is N1,200 per tonne (delivery included) and granite is N2,400 per ton (delivery is extra but like N10k for 20 tonnes).

For that price for granite I might need to go to the quarry direct and drive behind the truck from quarry to site to make sure no "accidental discharge" of raw materials occur enroute grin

As far as falling maga, I expect to be had, but gosh dannit I will do my outmost best to avert it and at least reduce it to a minimum grin

Your postings are an eye opener for me and I learnt a lot, in a positive way.

This thread https://www.nairaland.com/1866351/making-4-units-duplex-iyana-oba-lagos is a goo done to learn cost savings on. I wish I had the resources to make my own blocks as I believe that is one of the best way to save on building a house.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

So far what I found is sharp sand is N1,200 per tonne (delivery included) and granite is N2,400 per ton (delivery is extra but like N10k for 20 tonnes).

For that price for granite I might need to go to the quarry direct and drive behind the truck from quarry to site to make sure no "accidental discharge" of raw materials occur enroute grin

As far as falling maga, I expect to be had, but gosh dannit I will do my outmost best to avert it and at least reduce it to a minimum grin

Your postings are an eye opener for me and I learnt a lot, in a positive way.

This thread https://www.nairaland.com/1866351/making-4-units-duplex-iyana-oba-lagos is a goo done to learn cost savings on. I wish I had the resources to make my own blocks as I believe that is one of the best way to save on building a house.

Thanks for the link. Just had a quick read through and came across this:

Sharp sand 10* 36000= 360000
This is the more like the figure I have been quoted so yours seems very low/cheap.

You got a good deal there

Please keep us posted.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by smiley001(m): 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
nairaland needs to come and settle dis.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by mufutau55(m): 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
HsLBroker:
@ ceasera I have nothing against johnny, I'm alone against Johnny because is holding my own plastering job captive, which in tune delaying me on other job.
By God grace things we be sorted out.

Reverse or pullover yourself HSLBroker... he is not holding your job... he is holding Doctor's work.
Doc gave him the contract and he is having problem with Doc, not you.
You are placing yourself too much in this project wahala like you are the owner of the house, you are not.
Let Doctor iron out the problem first... and stop injecting yourself too much into this. Thanks.

Hajji M.

12 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by segcymoor(m): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
wytecat:
First of all I'm not anyone's bros and you should know how to just address people by their handles if you were taught simple manners.

You need to first hear yourself speak and hear the garbage that came out of you.

You are even dumber, sorry, if I have to explain that to you, what else would you ask me to waste my time on?

I know some of you have made this your home and must type something even if it's trash, to show you are here.

I am too busy for ugly argument. ... just answer simple question directed to u

......rubbish!
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
mufutau55:

Reverse yourself HSLBroker... he is not holding your job... he is holding Doctor's work.
You are placing yourself too much in the wahala like you are the owner of the house, you are not.
Let Doctor iron out the problem first... and stop injecting yourself in this. Thanks.

Hajji M.

I completely agree with your eminence Sir.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
brag3:

Thanks for the link. Just had a quick read through and came across this:

Sharp sand 10* 36000= 360000
This is the more like the figure I have been quoted so yours seems very low/cheap.

You got a good deal there

Please keep us posted.

The link to that thread is for saving money by making the blocks yourself and being part of the project hands on as the owner.

You will never get Ibadan prices in Lagos. I'll never pay that price for sharp sand but then I didn't and will never build in Lagos grin
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by beedam(f): 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
mufutau55:

Reverse yourself HSLBroker... he is not holding your job... he is holding Doctor's work.
You are placing yourself too much in the wahala like you are the owner of the house, you are not.
Let Doctor iron out the problem first... and stop injecting yourself in this. Thanks.

Hajji M.

True talk.

@ HSLBroker. Stop acting like you gave egbosa the job. Let him settle himself with the owner of the project and if you think you are being delayed, then channel your talk to your employer and not to egbosa.

Tired of hearing he is delaying my plastering work,he is this,he is that. The two of you don't have business and if not for Nairaland, you don't have any right to bother him because you didn't give him any job!

7 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
beedam:

True talk.

@ HSLBroker. Stop acting like you gave egbosa the job. Let him settle himself with the owner of the project and if you think you are being delayed, then channel your talk to your employer and not to egbosa.

Tired of hearing he is delaying my plastering work,he is this,he is that. The two of you don't have business and if not for Nairaland, you don't have any right to bother him because you didn't give him any job!
ok
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I completely agree with your eminence Sir.
alright
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
mufutau55:

Reverse or pullover yourself HSLBroker... he is not holding your job... he is holding Doctor's work.
You are placing yourself too much in this project wahala like you are the owner of the house, you are not.
Let Doctor iron out the problem first... and stop injecting yourself too much into this. Thanks.

Hajji M.
but Hajji M. with all due respect, if you gave me a job to do for u, assuming is a roofing job and omo onile came and started demanding for owo roofing and I call you and say look sir, this people came and started demanding but without you settling then we cannot do our job, sir, does that mean that I own the house you are building or I'm taking over your job? in my own opinion I simply mean I want to work but something holding the job. But since it look like people are seeing me that is a crime for to clearly my mind that I'm ready to finish what have been paid for but the problem on site will not allow us, it will be better for me and my workers to move out of site until Dr and Johnny settle then will move back when the time permit. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Construction Of Three Bedrooms Bungalow (with Pictures) / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room / Affordable Lands For Sell In The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.