Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny (20848 Views)

In Need Of A Builder Around Iyana Iyesi, ota, Ogun State / Do You Wanna Build Your House And Need A Builder?..call Us Today On 0806681069 / What Is The Difference Between A Builder And A Civil Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
HsLBroker:
but Hajji M. with all due respect, if you gave me a job to do for u, assuming is a roofing job and omo onile came and started demanding for owo roofing and I call you and say look sir, this people came and started demanding but without you settling then we cannot do our job, sir, does that mean that I own the house you are building or I'm taking over your job? in my own opinion I simply mean I want to work but something holding the job. But since it look like people are seeing me that is a crime for to clearly my mind that I'm ready to finish what have been paid for but the problem on site will not allow us, it will be better for me and my workers to move out of site until Dr and Johnny settle then will move back when the time permit. Thanks

HSL, I am assuming that Doc hired you and is acting as the General Contractor. Thus the onus is on him to control the flow of and performance of his contractors. It's not your job.

As the general contractor on my own build I would expect you to hold me to the terms of our contract if another one of my contracts is holding you up.

So let's say that we have a contract that you'll plaster my wall starting from August 1st through August 10th. The penalty is N10,000 per day per each party that the job is not finished and the bonus to you for each day that you finish the work ahead of time.

So you and your crew show up on the 1st and guess what, theres no wall to plaster because the bricklayer hasn't built the wall. Just sit back until the wall is done because for each day you're collecting N10,000 penalty since the completion day is already pushed out though no fault of yours.

So tell me that you have a contract with the Doc and an understanding and expectation of performance.

None of this is your fault so please don't take it the wring way but you agro should be towards the Doc and not to Egbosa. It's Egbosa and the Doc that should wear the same pant.

3 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
beedam:

True talk.

@ HSLBroker. Stop acting like you gave egbosa the job. Let him settle himself with the owner of the project and if you think you are being delayed, then channel your talk to your employer and not to egbosa.

Tired of hearing he is delaying my plastering work,he is this,he is that. The two of you don't have business and if not for Nairaland, you don't have any right to bother him because you didn't give him any job!
though I don't employ johnny for any service on this site but there are some many ways I have tried to accommodate him so this project can move, so it will not delay other project I was handle like Fiditi, Abeokuta and Ugbor Benin Project at that time, and the truth of the matter is that I never knew johnny was a nairalander, not until he told me by himself and I told him I'm hslbroker and I told him it will be easy for both of us to work together and see to the completion of our services here on site.

I don't think have done evil here pls.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

HSL, I am assuming that Doc hired you and is acting as the General Contractor. Thus the onus is on him to control the flow of and performance of his contractors. It's not your job.

As the general contractor on my own build I would expect you to hold me to the terms of our contract if another one of my contracts is holding you up.

So let's say that we have a contract that you'll plaster my wall starting from August 1st through August 10th. The penalty is N10,000 per day per each party that the job is not finished and the bonus to you for each day that you finish the work ahead of time.

So you and your crew show up on the 1st and guess what, theres no wall to plaster because the bricklayer hasn't built the wall. Just sit back until the wall is done because for each day you're collecting N10,000 penalty since the completion day is already pushed out though no fault of yours.

So tell me that you have a contract with the Doc and an understanding and expectation of performance.

None of this is your fault so please don't take it the wring way but you agro should be towards the Doc and not to Egbosa. It's Egbosa and the Doc that should wear the same pant.
OK sir.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by mufutau55(m): 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
HsLBroker:
but Hajji M. with all due respect, if you gave me a job to do for u, assuming is a roofing job and omo onile came and started demanding for owo roofing and I call you and say look sir, this people came and started demanding but without you settling then we cannot do our job, sir, does that mean that I own the house you are building or I'm taking over your job? in my own opinion I simply mean I want to work but something holding the job. But since it look like people are seeing me that is a crime for to clearly my mind that I'm ready to finish what have been paid for but the problem on site will not allow us, it will be better for me and my workers to move out of site until Dr and Johnny settle then will move back when the time permit. Thanks.

Read all your past messages and you will know what I am talking about. The scenario or the example you gave above is a different case.
Every clients knows about Omo Onile and that they must be settled... so he will be expecting your calls for that, it's not new.
Doctor knows that you cannot complete your plastering until he has resolved the problem at hand.. so only Doctor can settle the problem.
You have no authority to even address or approach Eghosa or any other Contractor Doctor may employ there, only HE can do that.
I am not related to either you or Eghosa or even the Doctor but I will continue to be fair. We all know what Eghosa did is wrong but let the Doctor handle it and supposed Eghosa died today (God forbid) Doctor will still continue with his project. So Doctor will find a way to make you continue your work, he (Doc) already knows it's not your fault if the job cannot be completed on time, so he will find a way to let you continue.
Nobody can tell you to move out of the site unless Doctor instructed you, so I am not telling you that either.
And for your information nowhere in my message did I say you are taking over Eghosa's work; read it again.
Take your case with Doctor and he will surely find a solution to the problem... but then he already knows and should be working on a solution.

Let's not continue on this, I am only advising you, not ordering you. You can continue to post your messages the way you see fit.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 13, 2015
mufutau55:

Read all your past messages and you will know what I am talking about. The scenario or the example you gave above is a different case.
Every clients knows about Omo Onile and that they must be settled... so he will be expecting your calls for that, it's not new.
Doctor knows that you cannot complete your plastering until he has resolved the problem at hand.. so only Doctor can settle the problem.
You have no authority to even address or approach Eghosa or any other Contractor Doctor may employ there, only HE can do that.
I am not related to either you or Eghosa or even the Doctor but I will continue to be fair. We all know what Eghosa did is wrong but let the Doctor handle it and supposed Eghosa died today (God forbid) Doctor will still continue with his project. So Doctor will find a way to make you continue your work, he (Doc) already knows it's not your fault if the job cannot be completed on time, so he will find a way to let you continue.
Nobody can tell you to move out of the site unless Doctor instructed you, so I am not telling you that either.
And for your information nowhere in my message did I say you are taking over Eghosa's work; read it again.
Take your case with Doctor and he will surely find a solution to the problem... but then he already knows and should be working on a solution.

Let's not continue on this, I am only advising you, not ordering you. You can continue to post your messages the way you see fit.

Hajji M.

thank you sir
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by semitunde: 2:48am On Aug 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

This in Ibadan, and in a village, not Lagos.

Since this is the first time I'm using him, let me sample him first before giving him a recommendation. He's a block maker near my site.

Ibadan sharp sand? Didn't know its that cheap though... Awaiting your recommendation.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by beedam(f): 3:35am On Aug 13, 2015
HsLBroker:
though I don't employ johnny for any service on this site but there are some many ways I have tried to accommodate him so this project can move, so it will not delay other project I was handle like Fiditi, Abeokuta and Ugbor Benin Project at that time, and the truth of the matter is that I never knew johnny was a nairalander, not until he told me by himself and I told him I'm hslbroker and I told him it will be easy for both of us to work together and see to the completion of our services here on site.

I don't think have done evil here pls.

Still on the same matter, stop saying you accommodated him. You did not employ him and it will be better you let him and doctor iron things out

Egbosa did a very bad thing and I believe he knows what he has done to his name.

But please, allow the owner of the house to deal with him. if you think you are being delayed, talk to doctor and I believe he is also looking for a quick solution to the matter at hand. He won't want his project to stand still.

Lastly, always know that it is Doctor that is delaying you and not egbosa. Channel all this your "delay" talk to him and I believe he will look for a solution quick so that things can move on in his site.

4 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by beedam(f): 3:56am On Aug 13, 2015
twinskenny:

during the construction process sir, did you ever visit the site just to check if the Engr is right on track with the drawings provided

Is he supposed to?
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by beedam(f): 4:00am On Aug 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Well said sir.

He should just allow Doc to handle Egbosa and not him.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by KolaShangOne(m): 5:38am On Aug 13, 2015
beedam:

Is he supposed to?

Yes. The Architect should supervise at particular stages of the project to make sure design is strictly adhered to. Also, the structural Engineer should be there at least before the slab (decking) is cast inspect structural details.. In fact there should be meetings between Contractor, Architect, Structural Engr and Client to assess job done.

But.. Clients don't want to pay You can pay as low as 5000 per day for site visitation in Ibadan here.. 10,000 or more n Lagos.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by KolaShangOne(m): 6:01am On Aug 13, 2015
[quote author=semitunde post=36900260]

Ibadan sharp sand? Didn't know its that cheap though... Awaiting your recommendation.[/Ibadan]

Sharp sand is cheap in Ibadan depending on location. You can get at between 10-17k. Wood for roofing, granite, etc is cheaper in Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by twinskenny(m): 6:48am On Aug 13, 2015
beedam:

Is he supposed to?
yes very important too. That is if the client paid him to do so
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2015
[quote author=KolaShangOne post=36901481][/quote]

So we in Lagos are just being ripped off. Make we all fall in to IB from now on...............LOL
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by twinskenny(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2015
brag3:

So we in Lagos are just being ripped off. Make we all fall in to IB from now on...............LOL
sir no be small o

i travel to ilorin sometime last month, on the way my car developed fault..i now called a mechanic in ilorin to help me check it , can u imagine that the part that cost like 12k here in lagos was less than 5k in ilorin?? was amaze!!!

when it come to building materials too they tend to be cheaper up there.. it is well
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2015
twinskenny:
sir no be small o

i travel to ilorin sometime last month, on the way my car developed fault..i now called a mechanic in ilorin to help me check it , can u imagine that the part that cost like 12k here in lagos was less than 5k in ilorin?? was amaze!!!

when it come to building materials too they tend to be cheaper up there.. it is well

My brother that's Lagos for you.
We pay 3x the price of the rest of Nigeria. Maybe 4 self
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2015
twinskenny:
sir no be small o

My brothere thats Lagos for you.
We pay 3x the price of the rest of Nigeria. Maybe 4 self
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Aventures(m): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2015
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by befto: 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
Fellow NLs,
I need your help with some advice and negotiations.
This is the Scenario. I am currently buidilng 6 *2 bedroom Flats in Ajah in Lagos and we have just completed the decking and all fine so far.
Supervisor has done a good job and I like him but we are in the proess of negotiating for the other phases and his prices are scaring me.
To start off with we all got him onboard during the decking phase as the other Supervisor had to depart due to a family bereavement so he came onbaord and has done a a very good job so far.
Block work for first floor should start next weeking after 10 days of completion of Decking.
He has quoted a figure for me to finish the job from this phase (First floor Blockwork) to the end of the project (including) finishing.
Please note this is just supervision fee ONLY.
Obviously the whole work will be broken down in phases and he wil be paid at each milestone.
I know you wont be able to give me some idea of the cost to completion since you dont have much to go with but can you help with a general (if that is possible) for cost from First floor blockwork to roofing?
Again this is for 6*2 bedroom flats. 3 down and 3 up.
If you need anymore information that can assist you please let me know.
I appreciate your feedback in advance.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Qc1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
brag3:
Wow, I am so Sorry to hear this.
and I thought Brabus was bad. This takes some beating.
The Grace of God will get you through this.
No one is greater than God.
We will all pay for our sins when the time comes.

grin grin grin
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by rogermilar(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
Its a serious matter o, something need to be done about fraudulent and quack Engineers in this site. Mean while I need to ask one question? When two of you started transaction, don't you go to his office or house, is your Lawyer not aware of the whole thing, don't he sign some Contract agreement form, if NO, my Brother you don Fall into Jonny Trap. So Sorry!!!!
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Qc1(m): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

This is the same thing I said on the Brabus Ikorodu job fiasco. The client is mostly not the pro and it is up to the pro that he hired to identify issues and alert the client.

Noted.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
I have a suggestion and I don't know if you will interested in it, now as the owner of the project let your builder make sure he/she has a recording of each mixture of cement and other materials used at your site sent to you if u ain't at the location, let them you give details in the video recording of every stage and please query the builder if u notice anything shady, I would have suggest a cctv camera at every site but it can't be possible when the building is at its early stage...this should help a bit and that's how I deal with my clients, nothing to hide since u are being paid for your service.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Qc1(m): 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
gabbytabby:
Hmmm hmmm hmmm

someone does have a lot of guts I have to give him that.

I feel you
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Qc1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=36778348][/quote]

Abi oooo!
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Qc1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=36778348][/quote]

Na waa ooo
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by KolaShangOne(m): 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
brag3:

Not so o.. Its just that we have sand mines at various points in Ibadan. Also, there are no 5-hour traffic jams which means the truck can run 3-4 times per day to diff locations unlike Lagos.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
brag3:

I beg stay put for Lagos go, no come Lagosify Ibadan for us grin

I specifically chose my area in Ibadan, Elebu, because it's about an hour from Ikeja (the airport which is the only thing that will force me to go to Lagos), Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, the places I will spend time at without all the Lagos melee.

If United goes to Ibadan then I shall never set foot in Lagos ever again grin
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brabus(m): 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I beg stay put for Lagos go, no come Lagosify Ibadan for us grin

I specifically chose my area in Ibadan, Elebu, because it's about an hour from Ikeja (the airport which is the only thing that will force me to go to Lagos), Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, the places I will spend time at without all the Lagos melee.

If United goes to Ibadan then I shall never set foot in Lagos ever again grin

Elebu, I have something around there. Just trying to tidy all loose ends here in Lagos before taking new projects. At the moment, "Ise ti po ju"
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by oyewole123: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Thank u all for your concern

Unfortunately, Mr Johnny Iguma is still on the run and is not available to resolve issues with me and clear his name of fraud too

I have already hired capable hands to repair the damages so that my project would not be delayed and Hslbroker can finish his job on my site and proceed

JOHNNY U CAN ONLY RUN WITH MY MONEY BUT U CANNOT HIDE!!!!!
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by PeoplesArmy: 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
It will be interesting to know how Johnny's project in Abakaliki ended up. Any idea anyone?
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by beedam(f): 3:04am On Aug 14, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Yes. The Architect should supervise at particular stages of the project to make sure design is strictly adhered to. Also, the structural Engineer should be there at least before the slab (decking) is cast inspect structural details.. In fact there should be meetings between Contractor, Architect, Structural Engr and Client to assess job done.

But.. Clients don't want to pay You can pay as low as 5000 per day for site visitation in Ibadan here.. 10,000 or more n Lagos.

Good. I asked because going to supervise stages is another contract. if he isn't contracted to do so at an agreed fee,he wont.

No free job!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Construction Of Three Bedrooms Bungalow (with Pictures) / 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land / What Is The Estimated Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Lugbe? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.