Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) (42280 Views)

I Stole My Boss Car To Attend Valentine Party —suspect (pictured) / Spirit Told Me To Stab The Pregnant Woman –suspect (pictured) / I Killed My Fiancé Over Sex, Says Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by dre11(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
By Dayo Johnson, Akure
His arrest, escape from police cell and re-arrest is generating controversy. Wasiu Saka, 30, was a notorious car robber in Ondo State and his mode of operation was to apply as a driver to un-suspecting employers and, after securing employment, abscond with their cars.

After stealing cars from his employers in Lagos State, Saka will drive to Akungba-Akoko, his home town in Ondo State, to show off that he had ‘arrived’ and live big after which he would sell the car at a ridiculous price and return to Lagos for another car theft operation.
He was arrested by detectives from the Ondo State Police Command last month with a Toyota Hiace bus marked, Lagos JJJ 94XD.
After interrogation, he reportedly confessed to have stolen the bus from a Good Samaritan who, after listening to his story that he has a family in Ondo State and had been jobless for months and desperately in need of a job to feed his family members, employed him as a driver.
Police sources hinted that Saka had stolen no fewer than four vehicles, including a vehicle belonging to a notable company in Lagos.
After his arrest on June 21, he, however, miraculously escaped from police cell in the night of the second day after the arrest.
His escape caused a stir as the police authorities queried the officers in charge of his case and a standing order was given to smoke him out from his hideout.
The suspect was re-arrested after a manhunt for him yielded result in Akungba-Akoko area.
Upon re-arrest, Saka allegedly confessed that his escape from police cell was made possible with help from some policemen, and that after paying them relocated to Ile-Ife, Osun State to avoid the prying eyes of police detectives.
He alleged that those who aided his escape from police cell also taught him what to do to avoid re-arrest.

Saka alleged that while the police were searching for him, he was in touch with his accomplices from his hideout.

In Ile-Ife, Saka said he continued with his robbery business because, according to him, that was the only business he knew how to do.
He stated that he secured a driving job with one Mrs Rosemary Omotosho whom she took to church on Sunday, July 26, in her Toyota car marked Lagos LSR 68 DH.

Speaking exclusively with Sunday Vanguard after he was paraded by the Ondo State Police Command, alongside 36 other suspected criminals terrorizing the state, the suspect Saka said after he dropped his employer in church he fled with the car only to inform her that the vehicle had been stolen.
He said that because Omotosho is rich, he wanted to extort her before selling the car and bolting away.
Five days later, he called her again that some people had recovered the car in Ibadan but were demanding for N35, 000 before they could bring back the car to her.
The employer, according to him, immediately sent a recharge voucher of N10,000 to him to pay.
According to him, he informed the boss that the people insisted that the car would not be released until the balance was paid.
As this went on, he said he relocated to Akungba-Akoko with the car.
Police source said Saka was re-arrested in a beer parlour .
It was gathered that it was while he was being interrogated for the previous alleged crimes that his activities in Ife came to light .However, during interrogation, the suspect alleged that he was able to escape from police cell after settling some policemen with N60,000.
“When I was told that I would be taken to court and may be remanded in Olokuta Prison, I discussed with some policemen on how they could assist me”,he was quoted as saying.
“ I later paid them N60, 000 and they facilitated my escape from cell and I fled to Ile-Ife. Saka described the police allegation that he escaped from cell as unfair, saying he paid his way through.
But two policemen, who reportedly witnessed the interview, were said to have shouted him down, describing him as a chronic liar and notorious car robber who spoke from both sides of the mouth.
They queried how the same policemen he was accusing of aiding his escape were the ones that re-arrested him.
According to them, the suspect was a drowning man looking for those to pull down and blackmail.
However, the state Police Commissioner, Isaac Eke, and the policemen did not say how Saka escaped from police cell but only interested in his re-arrest.
Eke, while speaking on the 37 suspected criminal arrested in July, said the suspect was in the habit of stealing his employers vehicles in Lagos and driving them to Akungba-Akoko to sell only to return to Lagos to look for another driving job and would repeat the same thing to un-suspecting car owners.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/i-paid-n60000-to-escape-from-police-cell-serial-robbery-suspect/

Picture of the suspect

cc lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by ijustdey: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
Upon re-arrest, Saka allegedly confessed that his escape from police cell was made possible with
help from some policemen,

corruption in the police force....

they arrest him and they are still the ones that helped him to escape from the prison....

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Konnektions146(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nigerian Police is my friend ( so i hear everytime)

these guys can really frustrating, the funny and most annoying is the hyocritical attitude of officers and men.

They show off their power on poor masses and overlook the high and mighty no matter how they act.

Imagine , they get bribed even in the police station

I heard someone say that they earn poorly, and i tell them that this is an attitude issue, even if they earn 500k/month, they will still be messy and shameless.....

9 Likes

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by jamex93(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
Naija police i fear una o

3 Likes

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by anelen(m): 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
mmmmmm police

5 Likes

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Lordave: 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
They should just kill this Bastard

3 Likes

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Sunofgod(m): 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Na wa ooh

2 Likes

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by countsparrow: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
My opinion;
Aye olopa ti baje
shocked shocked shocked

Translation;
Police life has spoilt

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Lakayanah: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Police is your friend just donate to their pockets for pepper soup and ogogoro and you shall be freed of all levels of crime. See him worwor face sef kai police una no try at all. Anti - corruption I beg probe police sef. They are due for complete overhauling.

1 Like

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Jackeeh(m): 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Who kills innocent drivers who refuse to part with 500.00? Police
Who gets drunk and falls into smelly gutter water while on duty? Police
Who fights with each other over a girl and kill each other, also killing the Girl they quarelled over? police.
Who arrest criminals and turn around to release said criminals after taking bribe from them? Police
Who arrives at the crime scene an hour after the criminals have left? Police.

Police is your friend! If I hear!!

18 Likes

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Rounakid(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
As if drinking and falling into gutter is not enough disgrace they can do to their Uniform.
They still went on and collect bribe from suspects...
Infact na Sango, the god of iron go visit some of this b*stards.
#teamihatenaijapolice!
Note -
Don't quote me, if you don't want the kind of misfortune that befall Borno for some years now to descend on u...
sadsadsad:|
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by piagetskinner(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nigeria police no dey carry last.. "Bribery and corruption" should be their motto undecided

1 Like

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Akan(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
with the right amount "police is your friend" as exhibited in this scenario
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by igahdavid(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Corruption every where in Nigeria
God help us
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ok
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by mytime24(f): 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
Naija police is ur friend indeed undecided

OLe deM

1 Like

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Titto93(m): 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
I wonder what an arrested criminal should still be doing in police custody when he's expected to face immediate judgment...

Nigeria Constitution simply a JOKE.
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by jammani(m): 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
Only Naija and India police misbehave.
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by LagosBoi2(m): 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
Even thief go dey follow to dey shout ole
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by seunwen2(m): 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kai police don suffer

I'M Oloye
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Swagk101(m): 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
He alleged that those who aided his escape from police cell also taught him what to do to avoid re-arrest.
Saka alleged that while the police were searching for him, he was in touch with his accomplices from his hideout.
Little wonder they say 'Police is your friend' cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by kestolove95(m): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Wen we go hia good news from nigeria poilice?
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by SimpleVili: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Only in Nigeria

Place your orders for long-lasting solar power banks. See my signature.
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Stealing is not corruption
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by megamank(m): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Mumu
Re: I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
SAME EXTREMELY HUNGRY OFFICERS WE TAKE OUR PROBLEMS AND ROBBERY REPORTS TO...NSCDC AND POLICE NEEDS TO BE DISSOLVED OR JOINT WITH LASTMA.THEY HAVE FAILED NIGERIANS ENOUGH..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sa'adatu Nura Aliyu Kidnapped In Kaduna (Photos) / 60-Year-Old Man Dies As Friend Steals ATM Card, Withdraws ₦700,000 / Friends Kill Man In Kaduna To Avoid Paying N385k They Owed Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.