Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. (41813 Views)

Apply Now: Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme For Young Entrepreneurs / Young Social Innovators Forum In Beijing, China (fully Funded) / Top 14 Facts About Mondays That Will Interest You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by freshdude99(m): 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
scholes0:

it is mostly an innovators list.
Jobberman guyz are still innovating.
And another point of the whole thread, is not mentioning all the already well known 'Big wigs" Dangote, Otedola and co....
The big guns aren't innovators bro, they traders with huge capital at their disposal while some of them now ventured into manufacturing. Otedola is not different from that aboki selling fuel in my street except his capital base. Import Na buy and sell too shocked
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Smooyis(m): 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
cremedelacreme:

Typical Nigerian, seeing everything from a tribal lens. Don't go and do something useful with your life, be waiting for innovators from other tribes.
@post, one of those moments one feels proud to be a Nigerian.
We just love to be hypocritical. As one goes through the list, it was a glaring observation where those names originate. I do know there are other achievers of various origins. Just wondering why the OP 's list was like that.

Could it be intentional or a mere coincidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by TVTKOKO(m): 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
Dunno why, but i just wished am a yoruba guy..diarris God o.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Dr awojobi is late...but the man good die. he was a genius...a med doc that did the work of an engineer

4 Likes

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by freshdude99(m): 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
TVTKOKO:
Dunno why, but i just wished am a yoruba guy..diarris God o.
Think again then...
Ibos reign supreme cheesy
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Emilokoiyawon: 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2015
freshdude99:

Think again then...
Ibos reign supreme cheesy
grin If you have to try to convince people about it then maybe its not that obvious grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by aspirebig: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
One of the most creative topic in the FP recently.

2 Likes

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by xpac01(m): 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
What about Seun Osewa of Nairaland
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by freshdude99(m): 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin If you have to try to convince people about it then maybe its not that obvious grin
Look around you, save ur mb and battery tongue tongue tongue
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by inimitkel(m): 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
This is Inspiring!
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by 400billionman: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
Not even a single Hausa man.

So much for Born to Rule.

2 Likes

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
Its a good one from our beloved brothers nd a few sisters or just sister sef.
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Emilokoiyawon: 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
freshdude99:

Look around you, save ur mb and battery tongue tongue tongue

grin grin stop the chest beating grin grin

grin Laptop connected to 24/7 power supply with 24/7 internet access chilling in my condo in the USA grin

grin grin stick with your limited mb and battery life. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by freshdude99(m): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin Laptop connected to 24/7 power supply with 24/7 internet access chilling in my condo in the USA grin

Lol, obviously ur best I guess!
But I have seen ur type alot...
After chest beating with another man's achievement u come to naija and find it difficult subscribing #1k/mnth
We knw them wen dey yearn!

I'll pay ur bills bro, just touch down abj anytime cheesy
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
Well done.
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by LordTrezy(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

Nice ass whooping...don't mind him

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by chachanga: 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
Seun:
Is Dangote not innovating?

He sure is but considering our capitalist environment and the possible inside intrigues, concessions etc that might've (supposedly) gone into running, growing and sustaining Dangote Group in its nascent days, esp. those Military Junta days, folks would wanna just go easy and silent on some Nigerian "Made-Men" & corporations jarey.

But, these other dudes, these "learrned gentlemen"? Having no family-linked, Angel startup funding yet innovating at this broadbased levels, you want to just doff your cap for them.

NB
the least of them had B.SC's though, while Dangote built his empire, to a large extent, without the personal benefit of a university degree.
That, my friends, is where the gargantuan achievement lies because

Olodo nor dey BECOME billionairre!

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by freshdude99(m): 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

After chest beating with another man's achievement u come to naija and find it difficult subscribing 1k/mnth

2 Likes

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Emilokoiyawon: 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
freshdude99:

After chest beating with another man's achievement u come to naija and find it difficult subscribing #1k/mnth

grin grin grin I called you out for chest beating - not the other way around. EVERYONE can see the thread. Nice try. grin grin grin

grin grin Ki lo kan mi - tomorrow you will still be counting your mbs and charging battery grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by freshdude99(m): 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin grin grin I called you out for chest beating - not the other way around. EVERYONE can see the thread. Nice try. grin grin grin

grin grin Ki lo kan mi - tomorrow you will still be counting your mbs and charging battery grin grin
U have my moniker, PM me wen you touch down!
Am action oriented now talk talk like ur oba akiolu and co
Anu ofia! Am ready to pay your bills ok

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
What am i doing with my life??. OP,yu go need modify d list later cos am coming!!!!!.
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Ehimenboy(m): 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
freshdude99:

Just goes to show you how good the Ibo man can be and the very reason the western zoo see them as a threat while the rest of the zoo fear them cheesy cheesy grin
You've got to stop this 'zoo' nonsense. Yes, it is nonsense. Can't you afford not to be tribalistic?!!! #tufiakwa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by wisdomguy4u(m): 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
I can't see any Hausa/fulani on the list. Yet, They have been the ones leading this country since independence. No wonder this country is no growing. Our past leaders are mostly from the part of the country that lack creative sense

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by freshdude99(m): 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ehimenboy:

You've got to stop this 'zoo' nonsense. Yes, it is nonsense. Can't you afford not to be tribalistic?!!! #tufiakwa!
Wateva..... undecided
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by ojnnaco(m): 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ehimenboy:
Wow!
Notably, the fields are from Technology (esp ICT,) Literature and Health.

But, that UNN man amuses me... 'Engineer at Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry...'. A mention of four quite distinct fields; one man!
Lolxxxx.. I just tire with d man and his field of study .. Some people can be greedy in studying courses

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Emilokoiyawon: 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
freshdude99:

U have my moniker, PM me wen you touch down!
Am action oriented now talk talk like ur oba akiolu and co
Anu ofia! Am ready to pay your bills ok

grin grin small boy - why would I interrupt my great yankee life to come and confirm you live in some shack in Abuja? grin grin

grin grin You are exposing your low self-esteem. You no sharp at all. grin grin

grin grin O na abu a si nwata wuba ahu, o saba afo ya (You tell a child to wash his body, he washes his stomach). grin grin What a novice grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
Useless thread !

Op,FYI No 10 Dr Awojobi died about 5 months ago, why are we to watch out for him ?

2 Likes

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by freshdude99(m): 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ehimenboy:

Few days ago I read an article here on NL on how ibos are mere traders and chest beaters while the yolobas are the true entrepreneurs and innovation drivers in Nigeria. What can be more annoying than that bro u start screaming tufiakwa!
It's a calculated attempt to undermine our efforts psychologically. So I know exactly what am saying wen I use the word 'zoo'

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by freshdude99(m): 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin grin small boy - why would I interrupt my great yankee life to come and confirm you live in some shack in Abuja? grin grin

grin grin You are exposing your low self-esteem. You no sharp at all. grin grin

grin grin O na abu a si nwata wuba ahu, o saba afo ya (You tell a child to wash his body, he washes his stomach). grin grin What a novice grin grin
Oh really!
I think you are the small boy with low self esteem here.
First u are claiming an elusive life in Yankee but right here in ur country, u got no life...
Hahahaha
Boy I thought you get sense self, I never knew that Na coconut water dey up der.
I have travelled around bro so don't think you are chatting with a local champion. I have got a sweet life here in Abuja.
So deal with it grin

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by omoikea(m): 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
cool[why is my name not on this list? why is my name not on this list? why is my name not on this list?
Re: Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. by Ehimenboy(m): 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
freshdude99:

Few days ago I read an article here on NL on how ibos are mere traders and chest beaters while the yolobas are the true entrepreneurs and innovation drivers in Nigeria. What can be more annoying than that bro u start screaming tufiakwa!
It's a calculated attempt to undermine our efforts psychologically. So I know exactly what am saying wen I use the word 'zoo'
Oh my! Welcome mister. Yours is 'a calculated attempt to undermine their efforts psycologically' too and probably promote tribal self esteem, right? Wrong. You don't quell a fool with foolish words-- because when you do, you've only increased folly!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Professional American Funeral Crier/mourner Lists His Crying Charges On Facebook / I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) / How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.