Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming (33086 Views)

Eight Ways To Improve Your Chance Of Becoming Wealthy In Life / Mimiko's Ultra-Modern Semi-Mechanized Abattoir In Akure (Photos) / Aba Mega Mall, Beautiful Ultra Modern Business Zone (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by akereconfi: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
I always knew Angolans are filty rich. Almost all my peeps from Angola, you can sense it from their appearance. Rocking Louboutins like slippers.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by authority2006(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
Youpele52:
4. Nigeria — In Africa's largest state both by population and the size of the economy, the number of HNW individuals has more than quadrupled to 15,400, a 305% increase since 2000.
I may not know that of other countries, but in the case of Nigeria, half of that increment has to do with free money.

2 Likes

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by laurel03(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
I can argue ds 9ja is the first we have millionaire home and abroad... 70% of ghana millionaires are 9ja peep... We spread all over the world

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by nwakaibeya1: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
EVIL people and enemies must see a true JESUSCHRIST follower or bornagain and run AWAY but how many bornagain are EMPOWERED by PASTORS to be a terror to evil men and women ?
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by holluwai(m): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
mployer:

Op why use that Old oshodi bust stop to represent Nigeria? angry

That's where mc oluomo and agbede are making cool cash of course! Up Union! grin

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by ehemwhy(m): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
Okay ! Why not rank these countries according to the number of Billionaires resident in each of them ?
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Swaggzkid: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hmmmm nawa oo
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by boman2014: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
mployer:

I WONDER

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by wristbangle: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ah ahn! That pix used for Nigeria is a disgrace na. Marina, lekki, VI nko?

2 Likes

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by ademega(m): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
I want to be in the number
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by burnfire202(m): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
Gud
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Crativjosh(m): 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
na oshodi be dat oo

Youpele52:
4. Nigeria — In Africa's largest state both by population and the size of the economy, the number of HNW individuals has more than quadrupled to 15,400, a 305% increase since 2000.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Temysteve(m): 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
I can't believe EGYPT is excluded!!
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by 4stylz: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
just imagine the photo they used as Nigeria, don't we have waterfalls in this country or better structures

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
mployer:

I think say na only me see am
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by olaide92(m): 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
ordinary rivers get pass 50000 dollar millionaires
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by chukelvin(m): 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
mployer:

No mind op

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
Youpele52:
6. Namibia — Despite having a population of fewer than 3 million people, Namibia hosts 3,100 HNW individuals, a 244% rise on 15 years ago.

I think Namibia is the leader if we are looking at the concentration of millionaires per population.

Namibia has 3100 people with a minimum networth $1million in a country with a population of 3 million people. Assuming Namibia has a population of 150million like Nigeria, the number HNW individuals will be 155,000.

9 Likes

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
laurel03:
I can argue ds 9ja is the first we have millionaire home and abroad... 70% of ghana millionaires are 9ja peep... We spread all over the world

Nigeria cannot be the first, where will you put South Africa, Angola, Namibia, Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Africa is the Next big thing. If only we can open awa eyes, there are so many things to reap if you sow wisely in Africa.

Oyibo don already develop finish... We are next
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Kai Nigeria poor die, despite the oil she lags behind most African Nations.
To get the true picture, just divide the number of the HNWI by each country's population, then will you see how way behind Nigeria is.

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by OXYGEN01: 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
laurel03:
when did Ghanaians turn to nigerians? Your stupidity is irredeemable.

3 Likes

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
olaide92:
ordinary rivers get pass 50000 dollar millionaires

Assuming each of your so-called 50,000 HNWI have just $1million, that will traslate to a combined networth of $50billion or N10 Trillion which is about the size of the capitalization of all quoted companies on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

2 Likes

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
Youpele52:
13. Kenya — a 124% increase in the number of millionaires since 2000 has left this east African economy with more than 8,000 HNW individuals.

Considering the popuation of Kenya, I think the concentration of HNW in Kenya is higher than that of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by iamord(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
laurel03:
and how did u come about the fact that 70% of millionaires in Ghana are Nigerians. I'll be waiting

2 Likes

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
Sincere4u:
Kai Nigeria poor die, despite the oil she lags behind most African Nations.
To get the true picture, just divide the number of the HNWI by each country's population, then will you see how way behind Nigeria is.

We are behind most of the countries considering our population, but if we considering the mean of the networth of the millionaires Nigeria ought to be number one.

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by comrChris(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
Nigeria 4th in d mist of African countries what then happens when we r taken to the world ? God help us
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
manie:

We are behind most of the countries considering our population, but if we considering the mean of the networth of the millionaires Nigeria ought to be number one.
That shows we are in one of the most unjust societies in the world where the gap between the rich and the poor is the widest.
Nigerians ought to wake up and see the injustice they are suffering. Just over 15,000 above $1m yet among those are the world's richests. 15,000 from a pool of 170 million.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
comrChris:
Nigeria 4th in d mist of African countries what then happens when we r taken to the world ? God help us
Bro we are not even the 4th. We are about the very least and poorest. The picture becomes clearer when you divide the number of HNWI by each country's population. Just over 15,000 from about 170million. To be the second in Africa, we needed about 200,000 HNWI. Hope you get it now

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
Sincere4u:

That shows we are in one of the most unjust societies in the world where the gap between the rich and the poor is the widest.
Nigerians ought to wake up and see the injustice they are suffering. Just over 15,000 above $1m yet among those are the world's richests. 15,000 from a pool of 170 million.

Other African countries may not have decamillionaires or billionaires like Nigeria, but the concentration of millionaires per population is higher than what we have in Nigeria.

Instead of having 1 billionaire, it is better and beneficial to the economy to have 1000 HNW with $1million or 100 HNW with $10million.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by ZUBY77(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
ladyF:
Ok

ooops [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] is here already lol grin grin

Pig. Get a life
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by olaide92(m): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
manie:

Assuming each of your so-called 50,000 HNWI have just $1million, that will traslate to a combined networth of $50billion or N10 Trillion which is about the size of the capitalization of all quoted companies on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
so you think an average civil servant from level 13 in major govt agencies don't have a million dollars ?? if you have a standard house in a major city in Nigeria, u worth more than 50millon Naira. I do you know how many people have more than two houses? check it out. Bonny camp alone not to talk of other high brown areas all over the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business / Okonjo-iweala “ready” To Be World Bank President / Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.