Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Princes And Princesses - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Princes And Princesses (1975 Views)

Poll: Will you become a king or queen at the detriment of your career even if the pay is surplus?

yes: 55% (5 votes)
no: 44% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Black Princesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Princes And Princesses by iReport: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2009
If you were born a prince or princess and stand to inherit a monarchy after the passing away of the king or queen, will you still do it if it requires you leave your successful career,  favorite place of residence and sometimes your religious  faith even if the pay for it is surplus?.  Will you leave your career and move down to your hometown because you inherited the Oba or Obi or lolo?. Will you also do it if your love is in that situation and needs to take over the mantle?.

Do you think it's a blessing or a curse to be a prince or princess?
Re: Princes And Princesses by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2009
I'm in that kind of situation at the moment sha embarassed cool
Re: Princes And Princesses by iReport: 6:59pm On Mar 22, 2009
What do you plan to do?
Re: Princes And Princesses by CrazyMan(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2009
If the money I would inherit is very big, then why not; I would drop whatever job I'm doing and embrace my royal crown.
Re: Princes And Princesses by iReport: 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2009
If the money I would inherit is very big, then why not; I would drop whatever job I'm doing and embrace my royal crown.
Even if it means relocating to your village?

Igbo man and money wink wink
Re: Princes And Princesses by osisi2(f): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2009
not in Igboland.
Igbo ama eze (Igbos know no kings)
Re: Princes And Princesses by iReport: 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2009
What of your igwes and obis and Ezes, don't they have princes and princesses that will inherit their kingdom?
Re: Princes And Princesses by Sissy3(f): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2009
i will accept it jare grin however leaving my faith would be a hard one undecided
Re: Princes And Princesses by osisi2(f): 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2009
iReport:

What of your igwes and obis and Ezes, don't they have princes and princesses that will inherit their kingdom?

Igweship is not hereditary.
It means absolutely nothing
It's just ceremonial
only Nri and Aro had kings in Igboland.
Igbos always had a democratic government for the most part.
Re: Princes And Princesses by AloyEmeka9: 7:26am On Mar 23, 2009
Igweship is not hereditary.
It means absolutely nothing
It's just ceremonial
only Nri and Aro had kings in Igboland.
Igbos always had a democratic government for the most part.
Yep. There are more towns in igbo land that have the hereditary kingship especially in imo state but Enugu, Delta, Anambra na winner takes all. The Obi of onitsha rotates among only three major families though.

@Topic, I think it's now a curse being a prince because you have to meddle with a lot of nonsense that is against your faith just to satisfy non christians in your kingdom. Look at Oba Benin or Lagos and the kind of juju that surrounds them, is that what you really want me to desire?. Chukwu aju.
Re: Princes And Princesses by iReport: 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2009
i will accept it jare however leaving my faith would be a hard one
Will you accept it if the money is less than what you make but good enough to give you a good life?
Re: Princes And Princesses by spikedcylinder: 3:42pm On Mar 24, 2009
Lai lai. I know after a few months of leadership, the towns people will be calling for my head on a platter. cheesy
Re: Princes And Princesses by Lamidiobi1: 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2009
who rejects a throne. nonsesne quetion
Re: Princes And Princesses by iReport: 9:05am On Mar 25, 2009
Lai lai. I know after a few months of leadership, the towns people will be calling for my head on a platter.

Isn't that a culture in Nigeria?. Nobody is happy with any form of leader leading him or her.
Re: Princes And Princesses by presido1: 9:28am On Mar 25, 2009
The influence alone will make people take the crown.
In my town and my maternal town the Ezeship is hereditary.
Am a prince from my mama side but the crown no reach me
How i go do naw, i dey think of formenting trouble and grab the igweship with my wealth. grin grin grin
I need advice from NL.
At least when i get am Hauwa will be Queen. kiss kiss
Whatz ur take Hauwa cheesy cheesy
Re: Princes And Princesses by ifyalways(f): 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Yep. There are more towns in igbo land that have the hereditary kingship especially in imo state but Enugu, Delta, Anambra na winner takes all. the obi of onitsha rotates among only three major families though
@Topic, I think it's now a curse being a prince because you have to meddle with a lot of nonsense that is against your faith just to satisfy non christians in your kingdom. Look at Oba Benin or Lagos and the kind of juju that surrounds them, is that what you really want me to desire?. Chukwu aju.
says who ? shocked shocked
This is so untrue.we have had obi Onyejekwe,Okosi,Enwezor,Okagbue etc.it rotates for Now through atleast 3 villages, . . . . .Ogbe abo,Nkisi aroli and Ogboli eke.
Re: Princes And Princesses by tamme: 5:07am On Oct 09, 2009
If the money I would inherit is very big, then why not; I would drop whatever job I'm doing and embrace my royal crown

grin

(1) (Reply)

Ok. Whats With African Women And Tribal Marks? / Abuja National Carnival: My Experience In 2009 (with Pictures)! / Some Hard Words In Yoruba And Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.