Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account (38526 Views)

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose / Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know / Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by sunnyprof: 9:45am On Aug 10, 2015
Nonybb:
You know Goodluck Jonathan visited Aso Rock recently to meet with Buhari. Maybe he gave him the advise. Thank you GEJ the "shoeless" for advising the "brainless"

bUT REMEMBER, that a Doctorate in Zoology and an Old Fulani Cattle Rearer.... who understands and control the cow better? The Acada man go talk theory of modern practice so tey we go tire because he does not have the modern facility too, but he needs to learn a lot from the Cattle rearer, who had a first hand experience on the life and local (available facilities) practice of getting the cattle productive.

Like OBJ said, that we need more NATIVE INTELLIGENCE to deal with Nigeria's problem more than all those modern economic theories that do not have a foundation to build on in Nigeria.

Our primary problem is what ? CORRUPTION

Not the theory and practice of Econiomics, income, production, services or international trade. We have all the blighting potentials for these.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by neocortex: 9:45am On Aug 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2015
PassingShot:

And to complete what was started in 2013 by 2015 became a herculean task, right? Suddenly, the political will to carry on was lost, right?

Had GEJ won, this development would not have seen the light of the day.
Typical you! check the date of the link.. it was completed early this year... or will Buhari's directive be completed in a week??
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Mynd44: 9:46am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
"Governance is a continuum" did APC ever believe that? they told us Change! its a strong word bro... that's why am unhappy with their continuity!!
Change is and can never be total. Just because someone fails averagely (as I believe president Jonathan did) does not mean he fail in everything. The concept of TSA was comcepted under the President Obasanjo regime. This was seen as right and started by the President GEJ administration which (after how long?) and the present administration saw that it was good and continued it.

If you decide to change everything someone has done you are heading for disaster

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by neocortex: 9:47am On Aug 10, 2015
Day11:

Oga wake up. It's past 8'

ylang is right, check this january 2014 article.
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/01/treasury-single-account-will-bring-about-transparency-efficiency-and-accountability

According to the Accountant General(Jonah otunla ,2014), prior to TSA, Nigeria has fragmented banking arrangements for revenue and payment transactions

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by PassingShot(m): 9:48am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Typical you! check the date of the link.. it was completed early this year... or will Buhari's directive be completed in a week??
You missed the point. Why was the directive to remit all MDAs earnings into TSA not given since last year?
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Tex42(m): 9:48am On Aug 10, 2015
BABSIN:
This development is more than welcome...El-Rufai did same and I hope all other State Govt will adopt same.
You are right... The Governor of Anambra state is also working out modalities to adopt this Initiative. Less money to steal for our politicians, ministers, commissioners cum thieves.

Bubu is actually right on this. Kudos to him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by elvismayor: 9:49am On Aug 10, 2015
Baba buhari wellcome again this country really miss u, go on strong Nigerian are with you
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 9:49am On Aug 10, 2015
neocortex:

ylang is right, check this january 2014 article.
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/01/treasury-single-account-will-bring-about-transparency-efficiency-and-accountability

According to the Accountant General(Jonah otunla ,2014), prior to TSA, Nigeria has fragmented banking arrangements for revenue and payment transactions
You think he will check it??

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by MizMyColi(f): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Thanks bro! Buhari by God's grace must work but not with propaganda!

crysad
Bros, but I'm a verified (f) on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by viktagorion: 9:50am On Aug 10, 2015
Barcanister, how can you not love this man, how? sad

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by pythondjango(m): 9:51am On Aug 10, 2015
sukkot:
i have noticed something on this forum, any time buhari strikes a blow against corruption, on this forum, all the people grumbling and protesting are igbos. things that make you go hmmmm. not saying every igbo on the forum is complaining, but all the complainers and opposers on the forum are igbo
Be it any tribe,it doesn't matter! what we all know is that any being that complain against this great mechanism from pmb is sorely pained and mind you it hit them in where they have been looting.Moreover,any sane and moral efficient being would never have compare this govt to the clueless pilfering govt of gej/noi.This govt of less than 100days is even far better than mediocre and corrupt ridden govt of gej.I am an ibo,so its not tribe anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by FKseun(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2015
yang:
This was done by GEJ

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LWKMD!
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Miranda11: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2015
What about BPP and all the procurement depts in Depts, agencies and parastatals, this is where a lot of the corruption in Govt happens. When contracts are drafted , pple inflate the figures more than the original cost of the contract, and it is a very common thing, how is Buhari going to curtail this?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2015
Mynd44:

Change is and can never be total. Just because someone fails averagely (as I believe president Jonathan did) does not mean he fail in everything. The concept of TSA was comcepted under the President Obasanjo regime. This was seen as right and started by the President GEJ administration which (after how long?) and the present administration saw that it was good and continued it.

If you decide to change everything someone has done you are heading for disaster
Your position is quite different from the APCs back then as Nigerians were meant to believe! did they tell us Jonathan did anything right NO!
Rather it was GEJ was all bad and must go for us to Change Nigeria!... here we are few months after and no orginality and am asked to pretend over it. is it Power sector?
Subsidy?
UNEP?
Financial Management?
Personnel payroll??

Where exactly is your Change in policy or programs!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Mynd44: 9:55am On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please add a link.
What I saw there is introduction.
We are talking of action here, not intention.
Is there a news report of its implementation since 2004 to the end of OBJ's regime?
GEJ/NOI began the implementation.
NOI the much bedevilled woman was part of both regimes.

The point largely remains that this news is aimed at huffery and puffery and were it not for the astuteness of Chidionu, we would all ascribe this to change.
The news reporters ought to have credited OBJ/GEJ while sounding that it's a form of continuity.
Not "Change"

Anyhoo, it's Transformation 3 Change 0
tonguetongue
grin
You can always do a google search of Treasury single account 2004 Nigeria (I hate spoon feeding people)

Introduction is always the basis for everything. Every material/action which has been improved or implemented always gives credit to the person who conceptualized it.

So who is to be blamed for the news report, the government of the reporters?

And now with your scores counting you have just made yourself one of the "huffery and puffery" people. Something smells

But serious, President Buhari has no minister and yet he is able to see this move and order that it should be totally implemented across sectors and some people say he does not know what he is doing? Weird

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Swagt101(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2015
Okijajuju1:
President BooBoo (as he is fondly called by his Side chicks) just keeps making me Prouder to not have voted along religious and ethnic lines..

I think there is a glimmer of hope in the Horizon..
Thanks bro, I stil find it hard 2 believe dat some gullible,corruption-stricken fellas still spew out thrash on dis forum about how some clueless,fedora-hatted nigga/NOI began d dis project when its so obvious dat it wasn't implemented.... May God deliver us all from tribal n religious bigots hiding under d guise of constructively criticizing PMB... Sooner or later,they shall be forever silenced. God bless PMB
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by barcaboi(m): 9:57am On Aug 10, 2015
yang:
This was done by GEJ
were you blind when he started it? I guess u were bn sarcastic
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by barcaboi(m): 9:59am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Seriously I don't understand all these hype! This initiative started in 2013 by NOI... She moved all capital accounts of the MDAs into a single account! The second segment is the recurrent, so please there is nothing new here but rather continuing with the initiatives of the previous "corrupt government"

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-moves-mdas-capital-accounts-to-cbn-2/
dd she start the one specifically for nnpc and co? stop bn ignorant
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by davidque007(m): 10:00am On Aug 10, 2015
Good moves, it helps the government to track the movement of cash without unnecessary complication
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Mynd44: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Your position is quite different from the APCs back then as Nigerians were meant to believe! did they tell us Jonathan did anything right NO!
Rather it was GEJ was all bad and must go for us to Change Nigeria!... here we are few months after and no orginality and am asked to pretend over it. is it Power sector?
Subsidy?
UNEP?
Financial Management?
Personnel payroll??

Where exactly is your Change in policy or programs!
The president Jonathan administration failed in leadership on the average.

Failed in corruption
Security
Infrastructure
And fiscal policies

I don't see how you can fail those four areas and sensibly think because you built railroads(which affects just under 5%), improve fertilizer distribution (which ElRufai) did in weeks) and expect him to be reelected Inna sane society.

President Buhari did not win the election, the people voted President Jonathan out. That, is change

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by ayindejimmy(m): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Saying basically the same thing! NOI began the single accounts ish all for greater transparency and responsibility with graduated movements of capital >>recurrent accounts !!...Giving an order to continue in the same line of thought shouldn't be painted more than it's worth coming especially from a supposedly corrupt regime.That's my only source of fury.

I guess you just find it hard to appreciate anything positive as long it's coming from PMB's govt.
And that is a symptom...
Just admit it
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 10, 2015
The way the media is hyping buhari anti corruption crusade the baba could be running a looting spree underground but uses media to brainwashed some few gullible minds.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:03am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
No mind them they think everyone is dumb as they are! Buhari will end up queuing up with all policies and programs with some ignorant chaps clapping in gullible ecstasy.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/01/fgs-deadline-mdas-treasury-single-account-tsa/
How about the Morgan account? I've always said it, saTANoids are blockheads.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 10:03am On Aug 10, 2015
Mynd44:

The president Jonathan administration failed in leadership on the average.

Failed in corruption
Security
Infrastructure
And fiscal policies

I don't see how you can fail those four areas and sensibly think because you built railroads(which affects just under 5%), improve fertilizer distribution (which ElRufai) did in weeks) an:d expect him to be reelected Inna sane society.

President Buhari did not win the election, the people voted President Jonathan out. That, is change
Specifically articulate some of the "changed" Security, Infrastructure and Corruption policies of this government...... Waiting
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Mynd44: 10:04am On Aug 10, 2015
Okijajuju1:
President BooBoo (as he is fondly called by his Side chicks) just keeps making me Prouder to not have voted along religious and ethnic lines..

I think there is a glimmer of hope in the Horizon..
The curious part is that he is doing this without a finance minister.

Quite intresting

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by sunnyprof: 10:04am On Aug 10, 2015
We don't mean the Expense Account, we are talking about National Income here.

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala only tried to take care of expenditure approvals because of the Bureau of Public Procurement procedure, but that is after all the Incoming funds are already diverted to individual accounts, they are now taking again from even the little one deposited into the Federal account.

Example. Tax, where staff of BIR will tell companies to pay 30% of the tax due into Federal account and another sum into certain accounts (may be another 30% of the due sum) so that a 40% moratorium could be granted to the defaulting company. To the Govt all that was gotten is that sum represented by that 30 % whereas to the company they paid that sum for 60% and save 40%. But some private earners got that 30 'shillings' you know? Thereafter NOI will now approve the spending of that sum in the Federated account via BOPP approvals.

She did all that for how many years?

And you are still justifying that? Na wa for you oo

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by marv1: 10:05am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Seriously I don't understand all these hype! This initiative started in 2013 by NOI... She moved all capital accounts of the MDAs into a single account! The second segment is the recurrent, so please there is nothing new here but rather continuing with the initiatives of the previous "corrupt government"

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-moves-mdas-capital-accounts-to-cbn-2/
But was it efforced. You continue to give credit to GEJ when to me he vhas none. If Nigeria happens to be your father"s company and some body ran it agroung the way GEj did i know you wont be saying all this trash here....
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by MizMyColi(f): 10:05am On Aug 10, 2015
Mynd44:

You can always do a google search of Treasury single account 2004 Nigeria (I hate spoon feeding people)

Introduction is always the basis for everything. Every material/action which has been improved or implemented always gives credit to the person who conceptualized it.

So who is to be blames for the news report, the government of the reporters?

And now with your scores counting you have just made yourself one of the "huffery and puffery" people. Something smells

But serious, Resident Buhari has no no minister and yet he is able to see this move and order that it should be totally implemented across sectors and some people say he does not know what he is doing? Weird

1. Providing screenshots, instead of a link so i can read up and draw my conclusions is what is termed spoon feeding, kindly do well to get your facts right.

2. Your guess is as good as mine. I do PR too.
When sending press releases, more oft than not, the newspaper editor uses our caption/words verbatim....as long as they're okay with it.

3. I am merely stating a truth that we've been sounding ....cosmetic change is a farce. Transformational change is the real deal. Don't get it twisted.

4. Touche! Now they are promoting sole administratorship, in a democratic setting. Perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that he has unofficial advisers, including Transformer Ebele Jonathan.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by jaybee(f): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Park well bros...these started with capital accounts and was completed early this year! Recurrent to follow immediately afterwards... so Buhari is merely continuing with a natural trajectory! So please spare us an overeactive aplomb.

YOU ARE A CHEAP MISCHIEVOUS ELEMENT.

WE ARE TALKING OF GOVERNMENT REVENUE ACCOUNTS; NOT MDAs EXPENDITURE. YOU INCOHERENT NINCOMPOOP! YOU CAN NOT COMPREHEND SIMPLE THING.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee:

YOU ARE A CHEAP MISCHIEVOUS ELEMENT.

WE ARE TALKING OF GOVERNMENT REVENUE ACCOUNTS; NOT MDAs EXPENDITURE. YOU INCOHERENT NINCOMPOOP! YOU CAN NOT COMPREHEND SIMPLE THING.
Read up my other quotes... Thanks
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by youngies(m): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2015
As good as this directive may sound, there is a flip side to it, which may cause some hiccups in the system.

FG should be aware that some of the projects generating these revenue for them today where NOT funded by them. These projects were entirely a PPP arrangement were the private sector funded the provision of these government services, for instance the international passport.

Once the private sector that funds these services could not get their money on time due to the bureaucratic bottleneck that the TSA directive will pose, there may be a downtime in the services they provide. Case in point: there is already scarcity of passport booklets in the country.

The directives may need fine-tuning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members / 2019 Election: I’m Shocked That PDP Wants To Come Back To Power – Buhari / Protest Against Obaseki’s Proposed N20 Billion Loan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.