Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? (21995 Views)

Nigeria Earns N2.5trn From Petroleum Products Export In 3 Months / Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> / Why Does Nigeria Lack Creative Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by kazey(m): 1:20am On Oct 21, 2005
Can someone please answer this simple question.

How much does Nigeria make daily from petroleum? cheesy.
What happened to the billions swiss banks released to Nigeria?
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by Jakumo(m): 7:14am On Oct 21, 2005
Officially, Nigeria exports 2 million barrels of crude oil daily.   At the current price of 60 US dollars per barrel, that translates into 120 million US greenback dollars ever day.  The un-official crude oil transactions that occur under the cover of darkness and secrecy would be anybody's guess, as would be the portion of official earnings that actually reaches the country's treasury or foreign reserves.
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by kazey(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2005
now 120 million daily on petroleum alone cheesy, how many countries around the world earn that. Infact in the whole sub-african region including South Africa from petroleum alone. Lets face it Nigeria has issues.

what is the population. lets say we are 120 million in population, that gives us 1 million dollars each daily!!.cheesy. lets face it.
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by Odeku(m): 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2005
DAMN and the question is why are we still poor and WHY? is it bcs all the Northerners LIKE ALHAJI ALHAJI, UMARU DIKKO, and the IBB COMRADE stole more than they can handle? if we as a country makes that kind of revenue, we should be seating on wealth.
Look at the United Arab Emirate, DUBAI. I am not a muslim but was in transit through this place. that is a beautiful country. the produce oil like we do, but that is the best place I have ever seen in my life http://www.uae.org.ae/general/index.htm
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by Ka: 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2005
Kazey: lets say we are 120 million in population, that gives us 1 million dollars each daily!!.. lets face it.
You must inhabit a higher realm of mathematics than the one I'm familiar with to arrive at that figure. smiley
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by kazey(m): 12:36am On Oct 25, 2005
my bad cheesy, maybe out of excitement i just bulldoze it with heavy numbers?
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by owo(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2005
We produce around 2-2.3 million barrels of oil per day. The price in the media at any time is that for brent crude...for instance... which is a light crude that is easy to refine. Nigeria's Bonny light is almost the same quality with the brent.
This changes for every export cargo (ship) depending on a factor called the API INDEX. So in reality, every exported crude is different form the one before or after.

So, typically Bonny light or Forcados blend etc as the different crude produced in NIgeria are called have different prices of Brent price minus 2 or 3 dollars.

Also, for every barrel, there is a cost pf production and a minimal profit margin for the producing company.

So the mathematics has to be done again as the amount stated 120million is totally untrue and does not reflect realities. It sounds like a figure that the Federal Revenue and Fiscal Mobilisation Agency can spue out.

On the other hand, there is an annual investmest of about 4bn dollars (minimum) annually in the production of the crude.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by Jakumo(m): 10:13am On Oct 27, 2005
Ogami Owo Tutu, the figure of 120 million dollars is an approximation based on prevailing world market prices of crude oil. That estimate may not be precise to the nearest dollar, but is a good enough figure for the sake of our laymens' arguments here. Even if 10 million dollars is shaved off the figure of 120 mill to account for fluctuations in the quality and quantity of daily crude oil shipments, Nigeria's daily oil export income is BIG money by any yard-stick, and the question being asked here is whether the average Nigerian citizen benefits in a tangible way from that cash-flow.

As an oil industry insider, what is your response to that question, number crunching aside?
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by owo(m): 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2005
Typically Nigeria makes , at most, about $80 million per day from crude... at the current market price...

Does this money get to the average Nigerian?... You know better.
In our system, he who pays the piper must not dictate the tune.... he should be killed.

Nigerians, without which there is no country, and from whom the Government derives its, legitimacy, existence and finance have been and are still being used as footmats by its rulers.

We all keep quiet at our own peril.
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by esiayo(m): 1:02am On Nov 03, 2005
i cant quantify the amount but i know that if our leaders start to utilize the proceeds judiciously and equitably from today, before the turn of 2007, nigeria would be positioned on the road to becoming the first african superpower. obasanjo is a corrupt leader. if he were not, he would be able to curtail corrupion and looting of public treasury. i pray that God would not allow the oil to dry up; only then will we hear pem...! i would like to post a topic on the home page but dont know how to go about it, could anyone help out? cheers
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by Jakumo(m): 7:06am On Nov 03, 2005
Esiayo, let us not be too hasty in calling Obasanjo a corrupt leader.  It is, after all, under his regime that the EFCC was created and is now identifying corrupt governors, the first of whom is currently an unwilling guest of Her Majesty's penal system in the UK.   Nobody that high up in the Nigerian government has ever been indicted for financial crimes in Nigeria's history, and the fight continues.

Given the chance, I often wonder how much could hypothetically be accomplished in the fight against corruption by us armchair warriors who have never held public office.  Obasanjo can only oversee the creation of corruption watchdogs like the EFCC and NAFDAC, as it would be physically impossible for Baba to personally lead helicopter assaults on oil-smuggling barges in the Niger Delta, or to locate and impound the London homes of those who actively bleed the country's wealth into private accounts.

President Obasanjo may not be battling corruption as effectively as we would like, but he is certainly doing far more in practical terms than all of his predecessors combined.  My concern is that the rot has gone so deep that even the best intentioned corrective measures will ultimately be rendered ineffectual by the sheer scale of thievery that has taken root in Nigeria's 4 decades since independence.
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by monister(f): 3:37am On Nov 04, 2005
the country is still poor because the 1% of the population that is rich uses 99% of the income and the 99% poor use 1% of the income

monister
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by allonym: 3:44am On Nov 04, 2005
Approximating the 99% of nigerians as 120 million people and the 1% of income as 1.2 million USD, each of those nigerians would get $0.10 USD = 13 NGN. Thats not even enough to buy a tin of peak milk!
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by Nsiman(m): 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2011
This is very interesting question
Re: How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? by kabna(m): 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
you guys are surprising me, the amount produced is not the same as earning,the earnings you get is just the taxes on the amount produced which realistically and on a highly optimistic side will be about 30% of that figure if its true

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits / Buba Galadima: Nigerians Are Mourning Buhari’s Victory At Tribunal / Atiku: Tinubu Turned COP28 Dubai Summit Into ‘Owambe’ Jamboree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.