Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

2002 Dodge Intrepid - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2002 Dodge Intrepid (2280 Views)

Neatly Used Dodge Intrepid For #280,000 / Tokunboh Dodge Intrepid 920k / Looking For A Dodge Intrepid To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2002 Dodge Intrepid by TayoD1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2009
I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid I intend to send to Naija (Pictures attached). Here are the car details:

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES,3.5L 6 Cyl engine with maroon colour and only 156K miles. It is loaded - Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, Remote Keyless Entry, Remote Trunk Release, Cruise Control, Tachometer, Steering Wheel-Leather Wrapped, AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, Tinted Glass, Air Conditioning, Climate Control - Auto, Bucket Seats, Seats - Reclining, Power Driver Seat, Folding Rear Seat(s), Arm Rest - Rear, Center Arm Rest, Leather Seats, Map Pockets, 5 Passenger Seating, Mirrors-Pwr Driver, Mirrors-Pwr Passenger, Wheels-Aluminum, fog Lights, Reading Lamps-Front, Reading Lamps-Rear, Clock, Air Bag - Driver, Air Bag - Passenger, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Child Safety Locks etc.

I've tried to find some details about Intrepids on nairaland, but it appears none has ben sold so far. I am considering selling the car for N1.6 million naira, but that may be subject to this crazy naira-dollar exchange rate. If you are interested in this car, please let me know otherwise, I wont bother to even send it at all if there appears to be no ready market.

Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by TayoD1(m): 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2009
Here are more pictures

Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by TayoD1(m): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2009
More Pictures

Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by TayoD1(m): 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2009
By the way, the VIN number is: E125084395108

Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by TayoD1(m): 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2009
@topic,

A lot of vieing but no feedbacks. I'll appreciate some pls cool!
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by leye1234(m): 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2009
My good friend, Of all the cars in the world (INTREPID?)
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by promise72(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2009
Tayo-D:

@topic,

A lot of vieing but no feedbacks. I'll appreciate some pls cool!

Mr. Tayo D,

From a Bro. to Another Bro. Please realise that ur feelings about the car has nothing to do with the car itself. Between u and me, Intrepids are not the "in" thing in Naija. Do ppl drive it? "Yes"!. Will ppl be fighting over it to buy in Naija? "NO"!

You are better off sending a 1997-2001 Camry or Accord. Even if its Cotonous Cleared. People will buy it. Just go thru the thread and see the response(s) those cars get.

Nigerians are mostly uni-directional. Once they are crazy about one thing, its hard to turn them around. Their craziness about intrepid is not now!. Save your $$$

A lot has to do with Mechanics and parts availability too. Its like driving a Peugeot here in the US. Parts are hard to come by. Not that u wont find but not easy.

You will be shipping an Accord/Camry about the same $$$ for intrepid. Only to beg ppl in Naija to ppppplllllllleeeeeaaaaase buy it. You will most likely take a loss on it. Guaranteed. wink

Money doesnt grow on trees in America like they think back home. Save ur $$$.
Buy something u will sell sharp sharp (thats the lingo in Naija)  grin
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by adeyemik: 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2009
Bros,

Promise72 don yan you the koko. Na Toyota, Honda naija people dey crazi for ehen.
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by TayoD1(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2009
@adeyemik and promise72,

Thanks for the contributions.  I do realise Naijas can be unidirectional, but I thought there are people who will like to stand out from the crowd.  Those are the kind I intend to target.  However, I am still thinking whether to send it or not.  I should be in naija later this year for a wedding (actually 2) and might just keep it for use for myself (or should I send my Navigator?).

Thanks again!

@leye1234,

My good friend, Of all the cars in the world (INTREPID?)
Wetin do am?  That na nice ride o.  Never mind all the yarn you don hear!
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by Fhemmmy: 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2009
Intrepid is one of the most useless and unreliable ride you can ever own.
I have one.
Their transmission aint good at all.
I will never touch that ride again with 500 feet pole
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by promise72(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I have one.

Word! I don't wanna be the first to say it. But the cat is out the bag.

Tayo-D, i know u probably disagree but ship that car to Naija and see what happens. See how much $$$ u will lose.

The last time i got a glimpse of a Intrepid is in Pasuma's (or one of those fuji guys) video. And by the way he's not educated. dont think so. grin
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by Fhemmmy: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2009
promise72:

Word! I don't wanna be the first to say it. But the cat is out the bag.

Tayo-D, i know u probably disagree but ship that car to Naija and see what happens. See how much $$$ u will lose.

The last time i got a glimpse of a Intrepid is in Pasuma's (or one of those fuji guys) video. And by the way he's not educated. dont think so. grin

I will ship mine to nija and the person just pay for shipping and clearing and gimme anothre 500$ for my wahala, that is how despirate i will like to get ride of the ride, and for a place where road is messed up, and people dont take care of ride well, i bet, the ride in nigeria wont even last.
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by TayoD1(m): 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2009
@Fhemmy,

I have one.
This is the second Intrepid car I will own and I've never had any transmission problems with them.  Infact, I used the first one for over 3 years without any mechanical or transmission problems.  Much of the stories I hear is just a way people demonize American cars, but that is what I have always used, except at the time I used a Mitsubishi Montero Sport.

I replaced my last Intrepid with an American car - a Lincoln Navigator.

Granted, I have heard of issues with Intrepid transmissions, but I understand they are mostly with the 2.6L engine types.  This is a 3.2L engine type.
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2009
Navigator is not bad, but my guy, i am being real with you, Intrepid is useless.

1. They could easily overheat in a nation that boils like Nigeria.
2. The transmission is a big problem with it.
3. Chrysler makes pretty cars but they don't last and worse yet they don't care.
4. This engine is notorious for broken timing chains and sludge build up

Here is a confession of a Technician:

Chrysler Dealer Technicians Are Admitting Frequently Seeing These Problems, Are Told To Keep Quiet While They Agree With This Website
"I am a technician for a Chrysler dealership in Florida. I fear for my job so I will not disclose what city. The problems this website shows are all true, us technicians are seeing this every day, and yet are told to keep our mouths shut. We are also told to do patch up jobs and the parts we need are not given to us. My advice to you as a mechanic would be to never buy a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, or a Mercedes Benz vehicle"
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by promise72(m): 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Navigator is not bad, but my guy, i am being real with you, Intrepid is useless.

1. They could easily overheat in a nation that boils like Nigeria.
2. The transmission is a big problem with it.
3. Chrysler makes pretty cars but they don't last and worse yet they don't care.
4. This engine is notorious for broken timing chains and sludge build up

Here is a confession of a Technician:

Chrysler Dealer Technicians Are Admitting Frequently Seeing These Problems, Are Told To Keep Quiet While They Agree With This Website
"I am a technician for a Chrysler dealership in Florida. I fear for my job so I will not disclose what city. The problems this website shows are all true, us technicians are seeing this every day, and yet are told to keep our mouths shut. We are also told to do patch up jobs and the parts we need are not given to us. My advice to you as a mechanic would be to never buy a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, or a Mercedes Benz vehicle"

Truth is bitter! But someone's gotta tell it like it is! Thanks bro.
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by Fhemmmy: 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2009
promise72:

Truth is bitter! But someone's gotta tell it like it is! Thanks bro.

The other thing that i hate about the ride is the fact that you cant even change the battery without lifting the damn thing, or going to the mechanic, cos the battery is hidden away.
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by TayoD1(m): 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2009
@topic,

Thanks guys, your concerns are well noted.  I will take these into consideration in arriving at a decision.  In the meantime I still think the fears though real, are not justified!

Thanks agains.

@Fhemmmy,

The other thing that i hate about the ride is the fact that you cant even change the battery without lifting the damn thing, or going to the mechanic, cos the battery is hidden away.
That's very funny! I didn't notice this because I've never had to tamper with my car batteries at all. Another pointer that I have either being lucky with my purchases, or you have been unlucky with yours!
Re: 2002 Dodge Intrepid by Fhemmmy: 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2009
Tayo-D:

@topic,

Thanks guys, your concerns are well noted.  I will take these into consideration in arriving at a decision.  In the meantime I still think the fears though real, are not justified!

Thanks agains.

@Fhemmmy,
That's very funny! I didn't notice this because I've never had to tamper with my car batteries at all. Another pointer that I have either being lucky with my purchases, or you have been unlucky with yours!

Great, you have used 2 Intrepid and never noticed where the battery is mounted?

(1) (Reply)

Bentley Continental Gt Wanted In Nigeria / Toyota Carina E (1996 Model) 450k sold.... / Hurry Sparkling Clean 03 Big Nyash Camry 1.4m Toks Hurry!1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.