Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing (2441 Views)

Top 10 Career Articles Of 2019 You Need To Read -job Seekers Don't Miss This! / Live Solution Interview Invitation / In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by CVWriters: 12:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Having a powerfully written and well-presented CV clearly gives you a significant advantage over other job applicants. This, obviously is a wide spread problem facing job seekers. The volume of job applications coming to the in-box or desk of the average recruiting firm is so much that most of them have devised means of sieving and flushing out 90% of these applications thus leaving them with a few applications to consider.
Based on research and experience we have distilled a list of reasons that make recruiting companies select a few CVs and reject others. Note that getting a job interview is tied to your CV and cover letter. These two serve as your representative and if you have always failed to get called for interviews the problem then lies first and foremost in your CV.

So quickly we have listed short points below on reasons why your application is being ignored

a) You Submit Applications With No Cover Letter
This is a regular occurrence we have noticed with job seekers. Even experienced career individuals make the same mistake over and over. If an employer checks the email for applications he expects, on opening your application, to see at least a brief introductory letter stating who you are and why you are applying. This helps him decide whether to go ahead and check your CV.

b) Your CV Has No Power and Appeal
Weak CVs are CVs that do not highlight the strong points of the applicants in less than 30 seconds. Most recruiters do not have all the time to check through your entire CV. They glance through and expect to see a couple of highlights that will make them consider reading through the CV and then deciding if to shortlist the applicant. Your CV has to make it easier for the employer to glance through without looking for an eye glass. This means the arrangement must be professional with clear readable fonts.

c) You Are Not Aware of the High Points a Recruiter Looks For
A Recruiter will look at your personal data and go immediately to look for your career summary where you are expected to create a brief explanation of what you have accomplished so far in your career. This is especially important if you are an experienced career person with at least 5 years prior experience. For others the recruiter looks at your career objectives section to have an idea of your ambition. While all these are important other important highlight areas are the Education, Work Experience, Skills section and Professional/Certification Section. Getting your CV well written especially in these sections mean that even if the recruiter glances through your CV for only 30 seconds he is likely to shortlist your CV for further reading and possible invitation to interviews.

d) Did You Tailor the CV to that Particular Job?
Many people just download and attach the same CV to all job applications they make. You stand a better chance if you look carefully at the job requirements of that particular job and make adjustments in your CV to make it targeted at that job. Adjustments don’t mean padding the CV or adding false information but looking for information, skills, experience etc that you have that may be useful in that particular job and adding them. It also means removing information in the CV that is useless for that particular job. Make the recruiter know that you prepared the CV just for that job by creating a CV that tries to target the job as much as possible.
Remember your Cover letter and CV are your representatives in absentia. They tell your story to the recruiter or employer and they have very limited time to impress so your work is to make them tell compelling stories. When they do getting called to interviews will become a foregone issue.

CVWriters is giving out a free CV/Resume and cover letter writing service to everyone from 1st August 2015 to 11th August 2015 at 12:00am.
How to send your CV for free writing and review

Step 1: Send a copy of your current/old CV/Resume to resume.cvwriters@gmail.com
Step 2: specify just one job position you want to apply to
Step 3: Get your CV/Resume and cover letter delivered to your email within 48hrs free of charge within this period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
Oooh thank you
Late to see the post
I wish I could have it today

1 Like

Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 11, 2015
CVWriters I forget to say thank you. Just received my second job interview invitation since you helped me re-write my CV. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by Oniemo: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
I sent my CV to CV writers to review & they got back to me in gd time wit a more robust CV compared to wht I sent to them. Though, I still need a few things to edit on it which I sent to them & got a mail that they are working on it & will get back to me soonest. All at no cost to me. I recommend them to anyone interested in getting making a gd impression wit their CV. [color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by y4code(m): 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
just found this thread and want u to help me adjust my cv can i still send it please
Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 14, 2015
Already sent
Waiting for feedback
Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by Inioge(f): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
Please i just saw this post;( it appears am late . I just sent mine via clairedezzy@gmail.com. Please consider me. God bless you
Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by soulhighman(m): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2015
I just saw this post now. And I have sent mine. I hope CVwriters will kindly assist me too.
Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by omobenluv(f): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2015
Thanks
Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by legacy111: 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Pls I just saw this post now pls help me out. Am sorry 4 being late.this my email kennethnnorom@yahoo.com
Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by Lollypee(m): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2015
just saw this thread now, hope you can still help. just sent you a mail please kindly consider.
Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by 2derfultony: 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Great piece!
Re: Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing by henry99: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
pls help a broda out...i knw ds is late bt jus help..tnkz

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Greatest FEAR? / Starting Your Own Accounting Firm In Nigeria / Aptitude Test Of Vetiva Securities- Wot Do I Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.