Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) (8503 Views)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London / My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by vjsmiles: 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
lets share our adventures,fun and experiences while residing in the beautiful continent of Asia.

Modified**

I believe @ akeba has put y'all through...
So I will just give you guys going there an insight on how life is over here and what to expect.. smiley

I want to start with some tips for those who plan on moving to China for work, many of these tips are transferrable for people moving to other countries. Becoming an expat will be one of the best decisions you ever make, it will also be extremely challenging. Life abroad is one of the most difficult, exciting, exasperating, rewarding, and incredible experiences you can have. Here are some tips for living in China and getting the most from your experience there.

Discover the Culture. This should be obvious to most travellers but painfully is not. All cultures have their quirks and if you are going to live in their country, either accept the good, the bad, and the ugly, or stay home. China has a wonderfully rich culture, and 5,000 years of it to learn about. Taichi, Yoga, Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Wushu, Kong Fu, Calligraphy, Beijing Opera are all part of that beautiful culture. Enjoy them, and accept the small annoyances that come from the parts of the culture

Don't let things like hearing people slurping noodles drive you crazy, it is considered good manners in China and a sign you like the food.

Be Adventurous. Explore. First get out and see the city you're based in. Then explore the country. Truly understand where you live. If you live in Shanghai for but only travel to factory towns. You don't know China. embarassed If you go to Beijing, Nanjing, Hangzhou, and Hong Kong you don't know China. Go to Yunnan, Shenyang, Tibet, and Xinjiang. That is how you understand the complexity of China. That is how you truly know the country you're living in. wink

Eat the food. But ask what it is first. I can't tell you how many stories I have involving Chinese food. Some of it surprisingly delicious, some of it disgusting, either way I have a story. The reason I say ask what it is first? Just last month at a factory dinner, I was served a delicacy I had never heard of before. In English they told me it was called "Pangorin," I thought for sure I had just eaten a penguin. That was bad enough. Then they pulled up a picture of the creature, it was unlike anything I had seen or heard of before. The exotic and unfortunately extremely rare animal was a Pangolin! Had I known it was endangered I never would have eaten it. embarassed embarassed angry

I was like wtf...!!!

I'll drop my pen now...
Giodluck to you guys...
More pictures coming up ...
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Swaggzkid: 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hmm
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
Vjsmiles start..

Post pictures and your foods...
And how has summer holiday been at your side?
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by vjsmiles: 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
tdayof:
Vjsmiles start..

actually bk 4rm the country..be bk in a mnths time.pictures cming up shortly.gots to tidy up sme stuffs..how u enjoyin ur summer wink
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
vjsmiles:
actually bk 4rm the country..be bk in a mnths time.pictures cming up shortly.gots to tidy up sme stuffs..how u enjoyin ur summer wink
yea enjoying the summer abeg pack gala come when u dey come o.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
coming there soon
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 11, 2015
How's china like compared to India?
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 6:50am On Aug 11, 2015
AlphaMoi:
How's china like compared to India?
from my research china is better, why are u comparing china to ordinary India after Mumbai other places are noting

1 Like

Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by MicroBox: 9:59am On Aug 11, 2015
How is post graduate studies in China,., living expenses, language, communication and cost. I know about Google but I need first hand experience, a broader details
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
MicroBox:
How is post graduate studies in China,., living expenses, language, communication and cost. I know about Google but I need first hand experience, a broader details
one thing am sure of is that studying in china is cheaper than must European countries, same with living expenses

1 Like

Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
Toheeb31:
coming there soon
where in china are You coming?
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
Toheeb31:

one thing am sure of is that studying in china is cheaper than must European countries, same with living expenses
Plus they have very good highly ranked schools too such as peking and tsinghua university. Those two schools are among the top 50 worldwide.

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
tdayof:
where in china are You coming?
jiujiang, jiangxi province
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 12:47am On Aug 13, 2015
Toheeb31:

jiujiang, jiangxi province
Okay u are welcome. wink on student visa right?
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 7:04am On Aug 13, 2015
tdayof:
Okay u are welcome. wink on student visa right?
yes on a student visa, x1
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2015
Toheeb31:

yes on a student visa, x1
oh you have gotten your x1 already.. Welcome to China prepare for winter cos this time you are coming ehnnn.. Lol
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
tdayof:
oh you have gotten your x1 already.. Welcome to China prepare for winter cos this time you are coming ehnnn.. Lol
No I haven't gotten it yet, will be going for the interview next week
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by MurphyInc(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pray for me guys.I pray to travel out of this country (never left this country before) one day.God help me

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
Toheeb31:

No I haven't gotten it yet, will be going for the interview next week
Alright success.. Study your documents well especially your sponsors details.
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
tdayof:
Alright success.. Study your documents well especially your sponsors details.
ok thanks.... what are the questions you were asked during ur interveiw?
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Toheeb31:

ok thanks.... what are the questions you were asked during ur interveiw?
just questions like.. Where in china are you going? What school.. The area. Etc sha . The thing is just know what's on your jw202 and haveconfidence wink
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by aminho(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Am in my 3rd year in china ryt now staying in 茂名广东
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2015
tdayof:
just questions like.. Where in china are you going? What school.. The area. Etc sha . The thing is just know what's on your jw202 and haveconfidence wink
ok thanks bro
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2015
vjsmiles still havent seen the pictures.
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 11:09am On Aug 14, 2015
aminho:
Am in my 3rd year in china ryt now staying in 茂名广东
Maoming, Guangdong.... lol
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 9:38am On Aug 15, 2015
oya you guys should start sharing nau. tdayof , vjsmiles
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
Toheeb31:
oya you guys should start sharing nau.
tdayof , vjsmiles

Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 8:26am On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=tdayof post=37014481][/quote] Nice.. haven't you have any funny experience yet, how is racism over there?
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by Toheeb31(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=tdayof post=37014481][/quote] Nice.. haven't you have any funny experience yet?, how is racism over there?
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2015
Toheeb31:

Nice.. haven't you have any funny experience yet?, how is racism over there?
racism no.. Only ppl asking you to take pics with them lol
Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by tdayof(m): 10:35am On Aug 18, 2015

Re: Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) by vjsmiles: 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
tdayof:
Vjsmiles start..

sorry boss was busy...

Here are the pictures...

Cc: tdayof
Toheeb31

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lost City Of Pompeii. / New Terminals: Aviation Ministry Seeks Senate Nod For $461.8m Loan / Naija In Southy: My Ongoing Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.