Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

My Crochet Fantasy - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Crochet Fantasy (310224 Views)

Daily Crochet Inspirations / Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
okay if u say so. i will start all over again.
chaii, i really need 100 yards of patience o.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
Lumiadee:
yeeeeaaaah!!!!! shes baaccckkkk smiley
welcome back from ur compulsory break lol
i also noticed i got the pattern wrong dis morning
i had to loosen it, n restart from round 4.
check it out now.
Lol! It looks great now. More power to your hook!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
Pictorials for Rnd 3:

(apologises to everyone for putting ch2, 2dc, 1dc.... instead of ch2, 1dc, 2dc).

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
Next:

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
Yea!!! I finally got it cheesy I'm imagining my cute lil prince in it already wink
Welcome back @ ynnk

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
thanks Ynnk
but based on yestersday's tutorial 5 pix for round 3, you said ch2, *1dc in the next sp, 2dc in the next. then repeat from * till the last sp.
but from ur pix today, u went straight to making 2dc after ch2, then 1dc. i hope it will still give us same result.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
tatacherie:
Yea!!! I finally got it cheesy I'm imagining my cute lil prince in it already wink
Welcome back @ ynnk

Thanks Dear. Did you make the blue/white cap yourself? It looks cute.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ynnk:

Thanks Dear. Did you make the blue/white cap yourself? It looks cute.
Yes Ma smiley I did.I actually made a mistake from round 4 but I continued like that and this is wat came out.I doubt if I can make it all over again as I can't figure out/remember how I got it cry
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dp
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 10:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
tatacherie:
Welcome back @ ynnk

but u did ojoro o grin,why didnt u post ur work
in progress so i can copy and see my mistakes

it is fine smallgrin grin

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 10:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ynnk, i have gone tru my own compulsory break today also wink
was banned by spambot since this afternoon, i could view the thread but couldnt reply or post comments.
such a terrible feeling. sad i had to send a mail to the mod and i was just unbanned dis night.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 11:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
please hope im still getting it

presently working on rnd 9.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 5:28am On Oct 30, 2015
Lumiadee:
Ynnk, i have gone tru my own compulsory break today also wink
was banned by spambot since this afternoon, i could view the thread but couldnt reply or post comments.
such a terrible feeling. sad i had to send a mail to the mod and i was just unbanned dis night.
This is getting weird. I hope the spam bot doesn't pick one of us again. Welcome back anyway.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 5:31am On Oct 30, 2015
Lumiadee:
please hope im still getting it

presently working on rnd 9.

Yeah, this looks sweet! Well done Girl!

Remember to measure the circumference of your work after Rnd 9 or 10. If it is close to that of your model's head, then you will need to stop right there
I.e the crown of your cap is finished already.

I should put up the pattern for the sides soon.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 5:36am On Oct 30, 2015
Good Morning Class,
Please make sure you have the required number of dcs at the end of each round. For example, at the end of rnd 8, you should have 96 dcs. I appreciate everyone. You are all really catching up very fast. So well done!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 5:39am On Oct 30, 2015
Leaf Cluster.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 7:09am On Oct 30, 2015
Good morning everyone.hope u slept wellsmiley.@ Lumiadee sorry about d ban.its really getting weird.I hope I won't b d next I will start allover today no ojoro grin I will post pix as I do.
@ ynnk how many rounds will I make for d crown of a baby's cap.circumference is 16

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2015
@ Tatacherie.
It depends on if you are using double yarn and also the size of your hook. Anything from rnd 7 on the average should be fine. But you will need to measure the circumference of your work.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by trublvr(f): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2015
Good morning all.
First of all, I want to appreciate Ynnk for this wonderful thread and for the free lessons. Please don't think I want to derail the thread.
I learned to crochet in 2005, and its been a good source of extra income for me since then. I'm based in Abuja, and a lot of my orders come from exposure on Facebook, so if you make something, don't feel self-conscious about showing it off, because a lot of people wish they had your skill!

I just wanted to share a few details that have helped me since I learned to crochet.

Shopping
I do most of my shopping on www.lovecrochet.com. They are UK based, and ship within 2 weeks. I just received an order at my home address, so they are reliable. If you can buy off amazon though, go for that option, as they stock thread and sell some nice cheap acrylic yarn (Redheart) at reasonable prices. I don't know how to shop on amazon and receive the goods in Abuja, so I don't bother.

I bought a complete set of hooks off the website above, ranging from a 1.5mm all the way up to a 15mm for bulky yarn. It took some time before I could save enough for it, but it was a worthwhile investment.

Assistance
I would be glad to help anyone who may have issues with charted patterns. Charts are not graphs, please! I am afraid of graph patterns, so I just avoid them, and thankfully none of my customers has commissioned one yet!

If you need a complete list of links, just reply and I will post them on this thread, but ONLY IF Ynnk is okay with that!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:12am On Oct 30, 2015
@ Trublvr, You are welcome to post any helpful links. Thanks in advance.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by trublvr(f): 9:48am On Oct 30, 2015
@Ynnk, thank you for granting me permission.

www.ravelry.com (Social network for all kinds of fiber artists/crafters, also has over 5,000 patterns, some paid, some free. I got the Burberry sofa throw pattern below off this site)
www.crochetpatterncentral.com
www.lionbrand.com (You have to register, but its a HUGE database of patterns)
www.garnstudio.com (Be sure to click on the right language, as they publish patterns in US and UK crochet terminology
www.mypicot.com (Mainly charts)
www.crochet.about.com
www.redheart.com
www.crochetme.com (They often have free ebooks in pdf format with free techniques and projects inside!)
www.etsy.com (This site is not free, I buy patterns with my Naira debit card, but I joined because sometimes designers will offer patterns at huge discounts. Also, I go there often just to see what items can trigger my own creativity. Its thanks to etsy that I got an order for a crocheted ankara bag!)

Google "crochet bloggers" to see what might be a good fit for you. I follow a few of these blogs, and they often teach me new techniques and ideas for how to "jazz up" my crochet.

Here is a lace blanket I made this year for a client. Its based off a chart, which is good to work with once you memorise the symbols. Such patterns actually move faster than written patterns. If I can manage this, anyone can, trust me!

Also, if you can master the granny stitch, i.e. 3dc cluster, the possibilities are endless. I have made diagonal grannies, granny square blankets, granny hexagon bags, granny caps, granny ripples, the sky is the limit. This is a wedding gift blanket I made for a friend.

PS. Youtube is a wonderful site! I used to pay for an hour at a cybercafe and sit with my 1.5mm hook from Wuse market and some yarn, and just follow what the lady in the video was doing with my hands. I got this baby sweater tutorial on that site.

Hope this helps someone, somehow. Stay blessed, and thank you @Ynnk.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2015
Ynnk:
@ Trublvr, You are welcome to post any helpful links. Thanks in advance.
Ynnk, nice one .
more blessing ma
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by trublvr(f): 9:57am On Oct 30, 2015
I couldn't attach them to the earlier post, and the site isn't allowing me post more pics.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2015
Welcome @ trublvr. @ lecturer 1 is wriiten onmy hook dunno which size is dat undecided and I'm using double yarn.I'm making d cap for 0-3 months baby.wat do u tink.so I should stop at round 7 right.pix coming up shortly
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by trublvr(f): 10:10am On Oct 30, 2015
More pictures

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by trublvr(f): 10:17am On Oct 30, 2015
Sorry about the piecemeal posting, Nairaland is being funny about my attachments!

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2015
For those running ahead, TUTORIAL 5 continues with how to do the side of your cap.

To the rest of the class, don't fret. We will all get there.

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:33am On Oct 30, 2015
tatacherie:
Welcome @ trublvr. @ lecturer 1 is wriiten onmy hook dunno which size is dat undecided and I'm using double yarn.I'm making d cap for 0-3 months baby.wat do u tink.so I should stop at round 7 right.pix coming up shortly

After Rnd 7, flatten your work on a table. Measure circumference with a tape to see if you are close to 16". It doesn't have to be exactly 16". But anything close will do since the cap will expand anyway.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2015
@ Trublvr.
Your works are WOW! And thanks for the links. I joined ravelry and lionbrand sometime ago.
Picot too has amazing lace works with chart patterns.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2015
Lumiadee:
thanks Ynnk

but based on yestersday's tutorial 5 pix
for round 3, you said
ch2, *1dc in the next sp, 2dc in the next.
then repeat from * till the last sp.

but from ur pix today, u went straight to
making 2dc after ch2, then 1dc.
i hope it will still give us same result.

Thanks for spotting that out. Please follow what is on the pattern I.e ch2, 1dc...

I should correct that anyway. Actually the px I put up is not for a cap. It is actually for something else. Will correct that now.

Many thanks,.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 11:05am On Oct 30, 2015
Crown of cap measuring 15" at round 7

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 11:05am On Oct 30, 2015
Dp

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (102) (Reply)

~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / Ankara Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.