Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy - Autos (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy (20165 Views)

/ My Wonderful Experience With Mr Tadeus / My Nasty and Horrible Pre order Experience with a Nairaland Auto Dealer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2015
Choose a good car insurer Sometimes, no matter how careful you are, disaster inevitably strikes — typically in the form of an accident. Make sure that your car will be repaired to the best possible standard by finding an insurer that will pay for parts from the original manufacturer and guarantee the repairs it authorizes.

We don't resell cars for profit. Pay exact costs only!!!
Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
Preserve door and window seals Wipe a rubber protectant (such as Armor-All) or silicone on door and window weatherstripping to keep it in good condition. Don’t use an oilbased product, such as WD-40, because the oil will damage the rubber. Regular cleaning and treatment of your car’s weatherstripping will also lessen the likelihood of your door sticking to its rubber seal in cold weather, a common cause of damage to the rubber.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2015
Park in the shade Of course, a garage is always the ideal place to park your car. But if one isn’t available, minimize interior damage from UV sunlight and heat by always trying to park your car in the shade. If no shade is available or if you find parking under a tree results in bird droppings, use a car shade to minimize the sun’s impact. As a bonus, you’ll have a cooler car to step into on hot sunny days. Car shades come in two basic types: those that you unfold and place on the front windshield and rear window, or pleated types that attach to the windshield posts (with adhesive), window frames (with Velcro), or the windows themselves (with suction cups).

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Secure loads to avoid dents and scratches The beginning of the end for the finish on many cars and trucks — and for wagon and hatchback interiors for that matter — is an improperly stowed load. Invest in the appropriate racks for bicycles, cargo, and luggage. A good trick to keep tall objects from sliding around in a pick-up truck bed is to use a shower curtain rod (or two) as a brace. Just push the cargo against the front wall of the truck bed and install the rod behind it. Twist to secure. Cargo nets will also help keep objects from banging around and damaging a truck bed.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 10:21am On Nov 20, 2015
Clean dash gauges carefully Use a soft damp cloth to lightly wipe dust from the clear plastic lenses on your dashboard. Too much pressure will scratch them. Too many scratches can make it difficult to read your gauges under certain lighting conditions.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
Rotate your tires Rotating your tires helps to distribute tire wear evenly and ensures that you’ll get the maximum road life out of them. The first rotation is especially important.Your owner’s manual should specify both rotation period and pattern. If not, rotate your tires every 6,000 to 7,500 miles (9,700 to 12,000 km) — your tire dealer should know the correct pattern of tire rotation.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 11:58am On Nov 24, 2015
Keep leather from drying out and cracking Leather cars seats are durable and don’t require a lot of maintenance. After a few years, however, the seats can become soiled. Use a leather cleaner to remove dirt and stains.Then apply a leather protectant formulated for pigmented or top-coated grain leather (the leather used for most leather car upholstery). Protectants will resist stains and make the upholstery easier to clean in the future. Choose a protectant that includes conditioners to keep your leather supple.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
Maintain proper inflation Under-inflated tires are a tire salesman’s best friend. They create excessive heat and stress that can lead to tire failure. If you want to get every last mile out of your tires, get yourself a tire pressure gauge and use it at least once a month (more in hot weather) to keep your tires inflated to the recommendation in the vehicle’s owner’s manual. Check tires when they are cold (driven for less than one mile) for an accurate reading.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
Top off your brake fluid Check brake fluid monthly.Wipe dirt from the master cylinder lid before you open it. If you need fluid, add the type recommended by your car’s maker. Never substitute other fluids, such as transmission or power-steering fluid. And don’t use brake fluid from a previously opened container. Once exposed to air, brake fluid absorbs moisture and contaminates easily.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Avoid light fixture problems When changing a bad bulb, clean dirty or corroded sockets with fine steel wool or a small wire brush.Wipe the socket clean of debris before installing the new light bulb.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by omotoda(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
How much can we get the underlisted cars

1. 2004 Nissan xterra
2.2004 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum edition
3.2003 Infiniti QX4

ALL MUST BE 4WD
Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
omotoda:
How much can we get the underlisted cars

1. 2004 Nissan xterra
2.2004 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum edition
3.2003 Infiniti QX4

ALL MUST BE 4WD

1. 2004 Nissan xterra - 2.2M Naira
2.2004 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum edition - 2.9M Naira
3.2003 Infiniti QX4 - 2.2M Naira

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by omotoda(m): 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
kakakibuy:

1. 2004 Nissan xterra - 2.2M Naira
2.2004 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum edition - 2.9M Naira
3.2003 Infiniti QX4 - 2.2M Naira

These prices are ridiculous.2004 vehicles?HABA!
Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 7:56am On Nov 26, 2015
omotoda:

These prices are ridiculous.2004 vehicles?HABA!

Haba Omotoda.. It's only on this platform where cars are not being resold for profit. Inflow of $ outside Nigeria is now at 236 Naira to $1. This is the 'haba' in the whole process.

Kindly visit www.cars.com o familiarize yourself with the current average prices of vehicles taking into consideration the value of the Naira against the $.

1 Like

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
For stubborn carpet or mat stains After vacuuming floor mats or interior carpeting, apply foam rug cleaner to resistant stains as directed by the maker. Work the foam into a few square feet at a time, using a wet sponge or brush. Vacuum when dry.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
Top off your brake fluid Check brake fluid monthly.Wipe dirt from the master cylinder lid before you open it. If you need fluid, add the type recommended by your car’s maker. Never substitute other fluids, such as transmission or power-steering fluid. And don’t use brake fluid from a previously opened container. Once exposed to air, brake fluid absorbs moisture and contaminates easily.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 11:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Run your AC in winter To keep your car’s air-conditioning system fit for the next warm season, run it a few times throughout the winter. This will prevent moving parts in the compressor from seizing. Also, circulating the refrigerant will help keep the seals soft and pliant.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
Dilute your coolant Your cooling system needs both coolant-antifreeze and water, so don’t pour undiluted coolant into your cooling system. Dilute it with water to the commonly recommended 50-50 ratio. Similarly, don’t use straight water in your system either.The coolant protects against corrosion and freezing.The water ensures good heat transfer from the coolant to the radiator.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
Clean your engine There are several reasons to wash your engine at least every year or two. A clean engine will run cooler than a dirty one. You’ll be more apt to tackle routine belt and hose checks and the like if you know you won’t get covered with grime every time you do so. A clean engine will also make it much easier to spot leaks and to service components. Remember to protect sensitive engine components — including the air intake, distributor, and electrical parts — with plastic bags before getting started. Use dishwashing liquid or other grease-cutting detergents and a bristle brush to scrub engine and components surfaces. Rinse thoroughly. Heavy-duty engine cleaning products are available at automotive parts stores. Follow the directions carefully. You may also have your engine professionally steam cleaned.

AC, Car Battery and More

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
Some batteries need water If your battery has vent caps, remove them to check the level of the electrolyte. It should rise 1/2 inch (13 mm) above the battery’s top plates. If it doesn’t, use distilled water to raise the level to 1/4 or 3/8 inch (6 or 10 mm) below the bottom of the vent cap. Don’t use tap water, as it may contain minerals that can damage your battery. Mechanics should check your battery as a part of your regularly scheduled maintenance, but they often skip the procedure. Be sure to ask to have it done.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 9:24am On Dec 02, 2015
Don’t forget the filters There are several filters (the main ones are oil, fuel, transmission, and air) important to preserving your car engine, and they should be changed according to the schedule in your owner’s manual or as follows:

Change the oil filter at least at every other oil change — every change is even better because the old filter contains nearly a quart of dirty oil that will remain with the new, clean oil. If you change your oil yourself, wipe the filter threads with an anti-seize lubricant, available at auto supply stores.
Check the air filter every two months and replace it when dirty or as part of a tune-up. Air filters are generally easier to get to than oil filters.You find them under the big metal lid in a carbureted engine or in a rectangular box in a fuelinjected engine — check your owner’s manual for the exact location. Extend the life of air filters by blowing them clean with compressed air.
Despite claims by makers and dealers that some newer fuel filters never need changing, it’s smart to have it done once a year. A clogged fuel filter will cause poor engine performance (hesitation and starting difficulties) and is an early warning that there may be corrosion in your gas tank.
Change your transmission fluid filter after the first 5,000 miles (8,000 km) of driving and every 25,000 miles (40,000 km) or two year thereafter.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 5:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seal a leaky radiator Save the high expense of a new radiator by trying to seal a leak with a radiator sealer, such as Alumaseal from Gold Eagle Co. Available in powder or liquid form, the product circulates in the radiator until it gets to the hole, where it sets up and fills the hole upon contact with the air. Alumaseal may be used to stop heater core leaks as well.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Check power-steering fluid Check the power-steering fluid once a month with the car warmed up. If the level is low, have the hoses and pump inspected for leaks. In addition to making your car difficult to steer, low power-steering fluid will damage the power-steering pump. Be sure to use the powersteering fluid recommended for you car

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Care for anti-lock brakes An anti-lock brake system is sensitive to moisture, which can ruin the expensive ABS pump and rot the brake lines from the inside. Since brake fluid attracts moisture, it should be “bled” or purged at least every three years, or as specified in your owner’s manual.

Car Engine and Other Systems

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by omotoda(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2015
How much would a 2005 Mazda tribute 4wd cost?
Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
omotoda:
How much would a 2005 Mazda tribute 4wd cost?

$8,200 will gt this option to Lagos port of entry.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/654374698/overview/#1

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 10:03am On Dec 05, 2015
Don’t forget to flush Coolant-antifreeze eventually degrades and becomes contaminated. Flush it from your cooling system as recommended in your manual (typically every two years; every five years for newer coolants). Failing to do so can damage your radiator, clog your heater core, and cause the thermostat and water pump to fail.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
Secure loads to avoid dents and scratches The beginning of the end for the finish on many cars and trucks — and for wagon and hatchback interiors for that matter — is an improperly stowed load. Invest in the appropriate racks for bicycles, cargo, and luggage. A good trick to keep tall objects from sliding around in a pick-up truck bed is to use a shower curtain rod (or two) as a brace. Just push the cargo against the front wall of the truck bed and install the rod behind it. Twist to secure. Cargo nets will also help keep objects from banging around and damaging a truck bed.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 11:39am On Dec 07, 2015
Avoid light fixture problems When changing a bad bulb, clean dirty or corroded sockets with fine steel wool or a small wire brush.Wipe the socket clean of debris before installing the new light bulb.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
Change oil frequently Your dad knew that frequent oil changes were key to keeping his Buick on the road another year. And while owner’s manuals for today’s cars recommend increasing long intervals between oil changes, the fact remains — frequent changes flush abrasive dirt and metal particles out of the engine, prolonging its life. Most owner’s manuals recommend a more frequent interval for “severe conditions.” To maximize the life of your engine, follow the severe intervals recommendations, especially if drive regularly in stop-and-go traffic.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 11:00am On Dec 08, 2015
Avoid hose hassles Check the hoses under your hood every month or two to avoid the hassle of a broken hose while you’re on the road. With the car cool and off, squeeze the hoses. If they are hard or make a crunching sound, replace them. Ditto if they are extremely soft or sticky.With the car warm but off, examine hoses for bulges and collapsed sections. If you find any, the hose walls are weak, and it’s time to replace the hose. Never drive with a ruptured coolant hose, or you are liable to overheat the engine and damage it. Other hoses are crucial to operation of your power brakes and cruise-control systems.

Re: My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy by kakakibuy(m): 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Give your car a new skin New self-adhering urethane films have been developed to protect the most vulnerable painted areas on your car from stone chips and other minor abrasions.You can wash and wax these surfaces, just as you would the rest of the paint job. While it’s best to have these films professionally installed, you can peel them off yourself. One product is made by 3M, and you can learn more by going to 3m.com and searching for Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Solutions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Wow....!new Mercedes S65 With 7 Gears, 6 Exhaust, Etc. (pics) / How Much Do Buses Deliver Daily In Lagos / 2014 Model Benz E350 4matic Toks Full Option Selling Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.