Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,395 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

The Weah96 Challenge. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Weah96 Challenge. (9849 Views)

The Great Challenge For Christians / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hello weah96,
You and I have had a few chats over time.I think it is high time we had an elaborate one.You seem to always try to riducule every post that aligns with GODly beliefs on NL and I think it will be nice if you can just give me one reason why you believe GOD does not exist.I ask for this in a bid to give you something to think about.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
Grabs seat, this should be fun ....hope am welcomed wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by nynbrada: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmm!!!....this is gonna be interesting.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by keandre: 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
signin in...
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by TheDauraMallam: 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
*spreads rafia mat* grin

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Hello weah96,
You and I have had a few chats over time.I think it is high time we had an elaborate one.You seem to always try to riducule every post that aligns with GODly beliefs on NL and I think it will be nice if you can just give me one reason why you believe GOD does not exist.I ask for this in a bid to give you something to think about.

There are different Gods. Are you referring to Jehovah, Yahweh, or Allah? My reasons vary for each one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Eddlad: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Hello weah96,

Is this thread restricted?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
Eddlad:

Is this thread restricted?

Not really. Your contribution will be considered by me.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Maamin(m): 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
Another Atheist / Theist argument.. grin

*Grabs some popcorn and cream soda* cool
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 11, 2015
if a hear say i no follow this thread
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by lampardizik(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2015
I hope observers are allowed...
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 7:20am On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

There are different Gods. Are you referring to Jehovah, Yahweh, or Allah? My reasons vary for each one.
Don't forget Brahma, osiris, thor, Sango, Amadioha and a host of 2,500 others

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Before we begin to delve into different denominations.Let us consider the term GOD I.e a higher being. Do you believe this being exists or not? Please give one reason for your answer.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Eddlad: 7:42am On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Not really. Your contribution will be considered by me.

Ok.
What do you know or think is source of creation(I don't want an epistle)
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by TheDauraMallam: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Don't forget Brahma, osiris, thor, Sango, Amadioha and a host of 2,500 others

Johnydon22, Johnydon22, Johnydon22!!!

How many times I call you?

Let them gorge each other eyes out.

I no wan hear pem! for your mouth again. grin

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by hahn(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Shhh, keep it down guys. We are trying to listen

When is god going to join nl sef and prove these atheists wrong for once

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 9:04am On Aug 11, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Ok sir lipsrsealed grabs orijin

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 9:05am On Aug 11, 2015
hahn:

Shhh, keep it down guys. We are trying to listen

When is god going to join nl sef and prove these atheists wrong for once
Man's assumption clearly needs man to make himself known to man wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Pls permit me to cut in here.

The response you have here is completely wrong and it particularly driving the discussion into another subject. The OP asked you to explain why you think God does not exist. He didnt ask you why this particular God does not exist. So I dont see reason why you are bringing Jehovah and Allah brohaha into this. The question is why do you think God does not exist.

Let me elaborate my point with this sample. I could ask a vegetarian why he/she choose not to eat meat. The answer expected from such person is not another rhetoric question like do you mean pork or dog meat or elephant meat. What type of meat I refer to is not a problem but why is it that vegetarian dont eat meat. Just go straight to the answer.

That know, can you pls look away from Allah or Jehovah for now (that is another issue) and tell us why you disbelieve in God?

7 Likes

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by TheDauraMallam: 11:04am On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The response you have here is completely wrong and it particularly driving the discussion into another subject. The OP asked you to explain why you think God does not exist. He didnt ask you why this particular God does not exist. So I dont see reason why you are bringing Jehovah and Allah brohaha into this. The question is why do you think God does not exist.

Let me elaborate my point with this sample. I could ask a vegetarian why he/she choose not to eat meat. The answer expected from such person is not another rhetoric question like do you mean pork or dog meat or elephant meat. What type of meat I refer to is not a problem but why is it that vegetarian dont eat meat. Just go straight to the answer.

That know, can you pls look away from Allah or Jehovah for now (that is another issue) and tell us why you disbelieve in God?

Your expatiation begets another scenario: You're trying to say the OP believes in all these gods or believes in a god superior than all these gods?

Or

You're trying to say the OP believes in the Nigerian god[s] (Allah, Obatala, Amadioha, Sango etc) or the Christian god[s] (Yahweh or Jesus, also considered god by some Christians) or the Moslem god[s] (Allah, the Moon etc)

Pray expatiate further.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Your expatiation begets another scenario: You're trying to say the OP believes in all these gods or believes in a god superior than all these gods?

Or

You're trying to say the OP believes in the Nigerian god[s] (Allah, Obatala, Amadioha, Sango etc) or the Christian god[s] (Yahweh or Jesus, also considered god by some Christians) or the Moslem god[s] (Allah, the Moon etc)

Pray expatiate further.

Atheism is disbelieve in God/gods. This in particular mean disbelieve in ALL gods and not just Jehovah and Allah only. Christians believe in Jehovah but disbelieve in Allah and every other God that exist in other religion and culture. Therefore atheists are expected to disbelieve in all these God.

Atheism is a greek word a + theos which mean No God. God there is not just Allah or Jehovah though they make it up but all Gods.

http://godisimaginary.com/i28.htm

So the OP asked a simple question, why do you think God does not exist? So I dont expect weah69 to peg the question for Jehovah or Allah.

3 Likes

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 11:52am On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The OP has one idea that he calls God. I'm trying to understand which connotation of the word he's referring to.

Asking someone whether God exists if like asking whether Car exists. Which car? Automobile, locomotive box cars, or the car that Tom uses to chase Jerry in the cartoons? Some cars are real, others are fake.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 11:55am On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Atheism is disbelieve in God/gods. This in particular mean disbelieve in ALL gods and not just Jehovah and Allah only. Christians believe in Jehovah but disbelieve in Allah and every other God that exist in other religion and culture. Therefore atheists are expected to disbelieve in all these God.

Atheism is a greek word a + theos which mean No God. God there is not just Allah or Jehovah though they make it up but all Gods.

http://godisimaginary.com/i28.htm

Implied context of the OP is Christian. What you're doing is time wasting. The OP isn't talking about Barack Obama or Dr. Dre the rapper. He assumes that I'm not a mad man.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
theunusualmoon:

Before we begin to delve into different denominations.Let us consider the term GOD I.e a higher being. Do you believe this being exists or not? Please give one reason for your answer.

"Being" is a misnomer. Higher power is a better term. I do believe that there is a power(s) that exceeds my own. Mother Nature comes to mind, just as an example.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 12:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
Eddlad:

Ok.
What do you know or think is source of creation(I don't want an epistle)

The universe created itself through its mother nature and father time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

The OP has one idea that he calls God. I'm trying to understand which connotation of the word he's referring to.

Asking someone whether God exists if like asking whether Car exists. Which car? Automobile, locomotive box cars, or the car that Tom uses to chase Jerry in the cartoons? Some cars are real, others are fake.

Lol.

Are you in essence saying some Gods are really existing while some are not? That the OP should concentrate on those ones like Jehovah and Allah you think does not exist?

If the above is your assertion then I think you lost on the OP. He asked you why do you think God does not exst. This question implies that anything that is termed or defined as God is considerably not existing by you. So going by your presumption, why would you divert the discussion from why does God exist not to I think a particular god exist but ask me tell me why Jehovah or Allah dont exist. This is different thing.

Like I mentioned in my sampling, vegetarian do not eat all meat. So if I ask him/her why he/she doesnt eat meat, I suppose not to be asked again which meat. . . .or maybe do you mean Ishiewu or Pork.

I understand there are lot of God out there. I understand atheism is disbelieve in God too. But what I dont understand from your assertion is that there is a real and imaginary God from atheists perception; I dont necessary need this. But tell simply tell us why you disbelieve in God. We will call on you when we need to ask about why you disbelieve in Allah or Yahweh. Right now tell us why you disbelieve in God
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Implied context of the OP is Christian. What you're doing is time wasting. The OP isn't talking about Barack Obama or Dr. Dre the rapper. He assumes that I'm not a mad man.

Lol.

The God mentioned in Exodus 22:28 is not Jehovah.

Another one is in John 1:1, it is not Jehovah.

There is one also in 10:38 which is not Jehovah.

Meanwhile, the OP said God and not Jehovah.

You need to stop running from responsibility

2 Likes

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Then the Universe is God.

Therefore it exist.

Mother Nature is God. It exist

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

"Being" is a misnomer. Higher power is a better term. I do believe that there is a power(s) that exceeds my own. Mother Nature comes to mind, just as an example.

Simply tell us you believe in Mother Nature. Mind you, she is a goddess and thus exist.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by plaetton: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Interjecting, I Say to you sir that his question is very very reasonable.

The streets of history are littered with dead and decayed corpses of gods from the beginning of human civilization.
Millions of gods, once considered real, immortal and self-evident, are now relegated to the realms of myth and fairy tales.
Today's God is tomorrow's myth.

So, the op's question should have been About THE IDEA OF GOD, rather about the existence of god.

If you believe in one god myth, then You probably don't believe in other god myths.

Therefore, at any given time, a monotheistic person has millions of gods that he/she does not believe to exist.

Everyone is an atheist to some degree.

2 Likes

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by plaetton: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

The simplest explanation.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by plaetton: 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Hello weah96,

Repeating once again, that it is the person who makes a proposition that is expected to show evidence or proof to the person who doubts.

I don't believe in the existence of god for the very same reasons that I don't believe in Unicorns.
Aside from fairy tales, it has never been seen, photographed, or the skeletons ever unearthed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2020 / Of What Use Is The Judgement Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.