Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) (23581 Views)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / Amina Zakari And Her Uncle Buhari - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by OKDnigeria: 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
ABUJA – President Mohammadu Buhari has said that Nigeria is erroneously being regarded as a rich country, stating that indices and parameters of evaluating a rich country such as economic advancement, improved social services were lacking.

He however enjoined the Nigerian elites to be prepared to make sacrifice to rescue the country. The president spoke when he received the outgoing President of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Dr. Donald Kaberuka and other officials of the bank.

According to him, the privileged and influential citizens clearly have to do more now than in the past to help the country deal successfully with its economic and security problems.

President Buhari also Kaberuka that his administration will welcome more support from the AfDB for projects in versatile sectors like agriculture that can easily be explored to create more jobs for unemployed Nigerians.

He said: “With the shock of falling oil prices, lack of revenues, and insecurity, the Nigerian elites must now wake up and provide the right guidance in their communities, and also lead the economy on the right path more than they used to do”.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/nigeria-not-a-rich-country-buhari/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by mecuzee(m): 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
Really? Seriously? Kidding? Sure?

Nigeria is a poor country because of too many poor Nigerians!

Nigeria is a rich country because of its resources and potentials!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Sir pls dont repeat such statement we the common citizens of this country know this country is rich, even though we've not been developed with the wealth of the nation.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by powerfulsettingz: 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
but west Germany is rich abi? Gullible Nigerians will still believe this crab, a country where their law makers earn more than Obama, a country where 70% of the owners of mansions in the world most expensive estate is owned by her citizen, a country where 60% of her pastors are on the world richest top list yet Nigerian is not rich, or some fools meek the nation dry?
God will make u all responsible for this, pay with ur health and that of ur families IJN
I won't curse you oooooooo

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Sijo01(f): 8:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
Oga presido, you're wrong on this one. Nigeria is a rich country who's been/being robbed by her political elites.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by dominique(f): 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
He talk true but Nigeria used to be a very rich country and all the wealth was mismanaged.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by veekid(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2015
naija no rich for una mouth abi, PMB is trying to tell us that all what he promised during the election are not possible, that's the summary of him saying [s]Nigeria is not a rich country.we know now

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2015
Who is deceiving who ??
If you have been to the Nigerian oil wells in Port Harcourt you will know Nigeria is forking rich.
When they wanna sell oil to other countries, they will open a tap & in less than 15 minutes the transaction is complete, the total amount of oil sold to Italy & other buyer countries will amount to 100 trillion naira.
Where are all the money going to ??
Our oil can't finish till Jesus comes.
Why can't the CBN print as many cash the country needs ??
I do cry everyday for my dear beloved country though i don't plan on returning soon unless things are fixed.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by expertman(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2015
Haaaaaaa what's this man sayin?

In terms of many things we are richer than most european countries.

You politicians and colonels destroy the collective wealth of this great nation.

Non of you is a saint.

You guys need to see what olurin is doing with our money in Abeokuta his entourage is even more than a sitting gov. Own.

I wept for this nation in slow motion.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by naijainfogalery: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2015
I dont understand whats wrong with Africa especially Nigeria , we have everything it takes to be the richest in the world yet we are broke

We have the highest number of natural resources
We have oil
We have strong agile youths workforce
We have good soil for farming
We have plenty rivers, sea and ocean
We have diverse cultures and tradition
We have brains
We have intelligent people

Yet we cant use common sense to develop our nation - Switzerland doesnt have a single natural resources yet they are one of the richest in the world.
We keep blaming our government for our woes but the problem isnt solely our government WE ARE ALL THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY
How?
- You cheat during exams
- You disobey traffic laws
- You cant help your fellow country man
- You pay/collect/encourage bribery
- You cant beat your chest and say you are not corrupt
- You have benefited from corruption
- You know the right thing to do but will never do it
- You are too tribalistic, you will rather watch the nation burn than see another tribe rule
- You are greedy , you want all the money to yourself alone

79 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by TheEvilPriest(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by TheEvilPriest(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2015
expertman:
Haaaaaaa
Huuuuuuu
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by sammyj: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2015
Reading !! Nigeria is rich but the looting has killed the wealth of the country. However, PMB just made a literal statement because we are short of funds but rich in resources !!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by ijoomo260: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2015
my own country is rich in Jesus name

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by PRYCE(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2015
Well Despite Your Many goofs, I actually agree with you on this one!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by ShakurM(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2015
Buhari, come on!
I would blame Auto corrects grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Georgekyrian(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2015
Make he no finish or money oo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2015
Buhari has really overworked his dull brain, you can't say that Nigeria is not rich when all the parameters for measuring a wealthy country can be found here.

Aisha, please take Bubu home today because insomnia has set in again. I don't want him to start advising me tomorrow the *rich* countries I should port to

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Jimwalex(m): 10:49am On Aug 11, 2015
Yes,you are right your excellency. Don't mind some wailers that will never see anything good in what you say or do..let me enlighten and sensitise them a bit because i know that they didn't read the story,they are only after the heading.
Being reach as a country is not merely about the money you have in your reserve or the amount of money stolen by the corrupt politicians in that country..a country might have all the money in this world but if the parameters of evaluating a rich country such as economic advancement, improved social services are lacking(which are all lacking in Nigeria),then such a country is POOR!

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2015
Agreed.

All SUV's owners to be heavily taxed grin
All polygamous families to be highly surcharged grin
All business and first class seats in airlines to be heavily taxed grin
All salaries equivalent to National Assembly members to be heavily taxed grin
All owners of more than one 1.5L engine capacity automobiles to be heavily taxed grin
All blog owners with more than one site to be heavily tax and surcharged grin
All students with a current account should be heavily taxed. grin
All female outfit including bangles, ear-rings, chains, blouse, skirt, undies etc at all times must not be worth more than N3,000 or $15 grin
All electronics at home must not produce more than 15dB (sound output), otherwise tax grin
All savings /deposits in banks by individuals to attract 30% interest grin
All multiple phone users to be taxed accordingly depending on sim and size of handsets grin
All standings in BRT to receive rebate of 75% of actual cost grin

lalasticlala.... cool

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Swaggzkid: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2015
LOLzz baba is funny lately

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2015
Sijo01:
Oga presido, you're wrong on this one. Nigeria is a rich country who's been/being robbed by her political elites.
this man wants us to port to Benin Republic

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by CallPolice: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2015
The truth but he's not talking about Natural resources.

The oil price is falling, what do you expect.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 10:49am On Aug 11, 2015
grin
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by adjoviomole(m): 10:49am On Aug 11, 2015
Nigeria is a rich country.....greed is our problem,until wen our leaders will start keeping their campaing promises,till then we can't move forward Let's say no to tribalism..hausa igbo yoruba we are one.......

This is a land so rich in culture
This is a land hosting all nations
This is a land so rich.......where milk and honey flows
this is land with rain and sunshine
this is a land where football reigns
This is a land so rich.......where milk and honey flows
though our tribes maybe different
but in football, we are oneeee
we are joined together in peace and unity
we are bound strong together
we are one
chorus(english)
welcome to africa
welcome to nigeria '99
welcome to the land where milk and honey flows

igbo..I batago n'obodo oma, ebe mmiri oma diii
I batago n'obodo oma, ebe ihunanyi dii.

yoruba...........e kaabo sorile wura,e kaabo sorile olora, e maa gbadun ara yin. Adun ni yo gbeyin o X2

hausa.......
barka ku dazuwa ku samumai abinchi
ka samai abu garigajiya
muna muku barka dazuwa kuhuta lafia

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by ammyluv2002(f): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
You dont put all your eggs in one basket undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
That is because we have chosen to bury the riches God has given us.,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government / After Train Attack, Army Repels Invasion Of Abuja By Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.