Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan (41251 Views)

IGP Idris Appears Before The House Of Reps Over Diversion Of N1.2bn Police Fund / Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks / Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by samkay3g(m): 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
ABUJA- President Muhammed Buhari on Monday asked the Ministry of Finance to provide explanations on the whereabouts of the foreign loans obtained for rail projects but diverted to other purposes under the watch of former Minister of Finance, Dr. Okonjo Iweala.

The president directive followed an instance of the diversion of a substantial part of the loan of USD1.005 billion from the Chinese Exim Bank, meant for the construction of a standard gauge rail line linking Lagos and Kano States to somewhere else.

This was even as the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Transport by the Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Mohammed Bashar informed the President that only $400 million id left of the loan.

Bashar made the revelation during a presentation of his ministry’s activities to president Buhari at the presidential villa.
He also briefed the President on some challenges facing the transport and maritime sectors such as encroachment on railway land, lack of security on inland waterways and some vague agreements between the Nigeria Ports Authority and ports concessionaires.

Reacting, President Buhari said that it was disappointing to find that foreign loans obtained in line with signed agreements were moved from one project to another.

“I hope that due process was followed before such diversions were carried out. Taking money from one project to another has to be done properly,” he warned.

The President regretted that government had, over the years, failed to meet its counterpart funding obligation on some projects, leading to such projects being left uncompleted or abandoned.

He added that there was a clear need to streamline, harmonize, and prioritize on-going projects in the transportation sector.

Source : www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-queries-okonjo-iweala-over-diversion-of-1bn-rail-transport-loan/

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by mecuzee(m): 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Please she's innocent! She's known to be a woman of integrity till she got involved with GEJ cry

67 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Elslim: 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
mecuzee:
Please she's innocent!

shes ur mother abi.... 10yrs imprisonment is d list she will get.. How far u don see d new anti-corruption committee?? DO uknow d person heading it i pity any mofo in corrupt scandal

111 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Beremx(f): 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
Okonjo Iweala again? Madam wetin you use the money do na? You people want to give President Buhari sleepless nights in trying to recover stolen monies you took eh kwa?

Lalasticlala,come and see o!

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Unsad(m): 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ngo baby, blame yourself for agreeing to work for GEJ.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Unsad(m): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ngo baby, blame yourself for agreeing to work with GEJ.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by dustmalik: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
I'm curiously awaiting the defence of the Wailers on this one.

31 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by GstringAngela(f): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
When are the ibos finally going back to Biafra ?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by ddippset(m): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
dustmalik:
I'm curiously awaiting the defence of the Wailers on this one.
before the c0ck crows barcanista will deny this news 3 times.

239 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by chudionu58(f): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
ddippset:
before the c0ck crows barcanista will deny this news 3 times.
Won't be surprised if a part of it were used to fund the segment from Abuja to Kaduna.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by hakeem4(m): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
She'd start stammering

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Gwan2(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
You collected loan to da tune of $1billion...(Times dat amount to da current exchange raté of #200).....
For wateva reason you diverted $600,000,000 for wateva reason best known to u, weda congent or otherwise, and you tink you dont owe da people you govern any explaination.....What happened to da Word ACCOUNTABILITY?...
Wonder why naija is still struggling wit juz à meagre 4000MW of electricity generation...wen other nations are leavin da league of MEGAWATTS to GIGAWATTS generation....UNACCOUNTABILITY OF PUBLIC FUNDS

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Neduzze5(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Why won't he query it when he did not go to school?

Simple Maths, he cannot solve!! angry

#BabaDaura

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Anyi3(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Maybe Obasanjo was right. Without supervision, NOI might be a real bull in a China shop

53 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by miccheck58: 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
She don use am buy plenty kpuf kpuf and groundnut. Its evident on her cheeks

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
SHUT THE F*** UP AND CARRY YOUR SMELLING G-STRING ELSEWHERE BEFORE I SHOVE MY BIG FAT D*** IN YOUR MOUTH angry
GstringAngela:
What is okonjo iweala ?

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by millionboi(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Buhari sld 4get abt d past Govtmnt focus nd change dis country as promise
Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Estimable(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
OKONJO oya answer.....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by anonimi: 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Since when did the Ministry of Finance equate to NOI

Perhaps Buhari did not see the rails working and running all over the country ni?

eazydon:
At my backyard in Aba. our own train over here is very real. 2 times in a day it vibrates the ground.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079404_img20150113093139_jpeg8f36fa35ec568ebebe48dc9074e8a29d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079405_img20150113093149_jpeg45b4b86e153dd40d6444417ccd494db4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079406_img20150113093253_jpegcc2a295343e86e1d334e86c6a037f084

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079407_img20150113093347_jpeg7aa09c0ad00e0efe871c8884a2c64f87

I just hope he will [size=13pt]not cancel all the good, progressive work of Jonathan[/size] like he did for Jakande's work on the Lagos metro in 1984!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Adesiji77: 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
Madam come and answer o

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by sigiyaya(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
Baba i agree with you on this one jail this woman and Alison her partner angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by lonelydora: 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
Good one. Thank God we got it right this time in Nigeria by voting PMB.

Read my signature.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by omonnakoda: 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Won't be surprised if a part of it were used to fund the segment from Abuja to Kaduna.
Stupidd remark

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by JingoOAU(m): 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
OBJ have said it all

Okonjo that worked under OBJ is different from the one that worked under GEJ

So sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by menxer: 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hhhhmmm
Diversion, prolly to fund electioneering campaigns.

OBJ was definitely right about NOI needing supervision to perform, confirmations are spilling out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
A few days ago I told nairalanders about the meeting I sat in with President Buhari. My brothers and sisters, if you missed out on that article titled Intense/fearful Revelation From My Meeting With PMB - Cramjones https://www.nairaland.com/2509817/intense-fearful-revelation-meeting-pmb

Please read it. This is just a tip of the iceberg. You will be shocked when you see the breakdown of how Dezieani under the watch of GEJ diverted at least $9 billion to different foreign accounts. Do you think it is a coincidence that GEJ met Buhari a few days ago? Do you think it is a coincident OBJ met Buhari a few days ago? Do you think it is a coincidence that Deziani is in London claiming ill? Do you think it is a coincidence that our foreign reserves miraculously increased to $31.5 billion since Buhari came to power.

I will be releaveling more, as we go deep into the rot and evil GEJ and his people perpetuated on Nigeria.

In the meantime, Madam Ngo, please just kindly return the $600 million, the Buhari I saw last week will go come for you with all he has! So madam just cooporate and please return it.

-CramJones

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
Change is here! This is one thing I admire about buhari to be honest! He is upright and means business...Jonathans tenure was a kleptocracy....

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by ogaontop(m): 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
GEJ instructed her to divert the loan!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan by KanwuliaJara: 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
Spreads mat. . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo / Obasanjo And Atiku Pictured Together Laughing And Playing / Bolaji Abdullahi: Why The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.