Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,479 members, 7,781,401 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:52 PM

My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. (254768 Views)

You Can Make Upto N30k Weekly From This Egg Distribution Business Offer / Learn From My Experience On Fiverr / My Experience In The Bank Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hello,
I started egg distribution in Lagos Mainland on the first of this month and its has been a wonderful experience. I made a lot of new discoveries while many old information drawn in my earlier business plan was a fluke.

I will explain in details many of my experiences bit by bit.

# You don't need a lot of money to start the business.
I delayed venturing into the business owing to funds. When i actually got the funds i was looking for, i found out that a mere 50k would have taken me higher into the business.

# You greatest challenge is not money or the products{eggs} your ability to do the marketing in pivotal.
I was amazed to find out that the demand for egg is huge. However, every distributor and retailer has a supplier already. For you to dislodge their existing supplier and etch yourself into their business book determines your success.

# The business is dominated by women-mothers to be precise.
Its awkward seeing the younger generation involved. These women are already in this business for years, thus they will teach you a lot if you become their son or daughter in your quest to succeed.

# Getting more than 100 crates of egg delivered to you in Lagos Mainland is not cheap.
For farm owners and bulk distributors, they prefer having 20 clients who buys from them regularly than having 3 or 5 major buyers. Reason, when they have about 20, at least 15 will be available on every sales day. The rate of disappointment when they are many is lower when compared with 3 or 5.

# Major egg suppliers comes from outside Lagos.
The bulk of eggs consumed in Lagos comes from Ogun, Ondo and Oyo. The farms in Lagos are attached to notable merchants. Also, it is costlier sourcing from them. Those who get their supply outside Lagos are cheaper.

More updates coming later.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:20am On Aug 11, 2015
There is a lot of work to do and thats your business if your business will succeed.
+ Are you going to be a retailer
+ Are you going to be a wholesaler
+ Are you going to combine the two?

All of these require different approach and their 'market' is available in your community especially in middle and low class environment.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2015
From my second week, i have been making N15,000 weekly with N65,000 set aside for it.
Along the line i discovered that the large size and poulette size eggs are demanded more by the few i have contact with. Here is what i did - i got a mid-size farm owner earlier in the year who gave the the right of first refusal in bulk purchase. I purchase a 100 crates of eggs {large size} from him at N630 and supply it wholly to a 'big' retailer at N730. This gives me N10,000 net-profit. I also made another round of purchase of 100 crates of non-sorted which i disburse to different shop owners, Aboki's that cook Indomie and Eggroll makers. Due to the cost of fuelling the car and other expenses, i ended up with N5,000 more.
N15,000 income weekly is encouraging to me being new in the business.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by skillip(m): 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
@Blackkie, please can I have your phone or how do I contact you directly, email won't be enough. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by BayoJoe: 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
I appreciate your entrepreneurial spirit. But I'll like to note something(s): How many weeks of comparism have you done to confirm this N15k/week profit?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
A week.
Comparism? I have been working with someone for about a month, now am doing it independent.

The N15,000/week profit is due to my limitation transport wise.

BayoJoe:
I appreciate your entrepreneurial spirit. But I'll like to note something(s): How many weeks of comparism have you done to confirm this N15k/week profit?
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
Send me a mail via - phortizoltd@yahoo.com and i will get back to you asap.

skillip:
@Blackkie, please can I have your phone or how do I contact you directly, email won't be enough. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
A sales dummy i learnt from a new acquintance - Use big egg crates when buying and use small crates when displaying them in your shop.
Reason, the small crates makes even small eggs look big!

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
Its a high risk sourcing your eggs from an 'open' market.
You don't know the real shelf life of what you are buying. If you can stick to vendors who owns a farm or wholesalers with direct partnership with a farm owners.
On the other hand, you need to have done business with a bulk seller over time to trust his source. Fresh eggs counts!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Ephemmm: 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
Thanks for your through analysis: people like you are very scarce. The question I have is - how do suppliers from outside lagos supply eggs to distributors here in Lagos? What are the requirements and steps to follow to become a distributors for these egg suppliers?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by skillip(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Blackkie:
Send me a mail via - phortizoltd@yahoo.com and i will get back to you asap.

sent you a mail since yesterday I'm yet to get a reply.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
Replied

skillip:
sent you a mail since yesterday I'm yet to get a reply.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
For the suppliers from outside Lagos - They are many in Ogun, Oyo and Ondo. Some are doing in small scale while others are doing it big, but they have one challenge - BUYERS. Its left for you to go out there and look out for any.
The first step to getting them is starting the business first and you start asking questions.

Requirements?
From where i started, i registered with them first.
They now gave me a weekly purchase quota which i must meet 2x weekly.
I also got a second supplier who makes up for what i need weekly.

Ephemmm:
Thanks for your through analysis: people like you are very scarce. The question I have is - how do suppliers from outside lagos supply eggs to distributors here in Lagos? What are the requirements and steps to follow to become a distributors for these egg suppliers?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by skillip(m): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2015
Blackkie:
Replied

Seen. Thank you.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Ephemmm: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2015
Blackkie:
For the suppliers from outside Lagos - They are many in Ogun, Oyo and Ondo. Some are doing in small scale while others are doing it big, but they have one challenge - BUYERS. Its left for you to go out there and look out for any.
The first step to getting them is starting the business first and you start asking questions.

Requirements?
From where i started, i registered with them first.
They now gave me a weekly purchase quota which i must meet 2x weekly.
I also got a second supplier who makes up for what i need weekly.

Can you please help me with the contacts of many suppliers within or outside Lagos? How do I go with my registration too and at what cost? Initial capital for average business can cost up to how much?

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
Have you drawn your business plan?
How many off takers have you approached for supplies?
How do you plan to carry out your plan - as a retailer, bulk seller or transporter?

I will advise you start with a small amount and learn the ropes before INVESTING larger funds. N40,000.00 will be enough for you to test the grounds.
As regards registration, some distributors ask for it while some don't.

Can you please help me with the contacts of many suppliers within or outside Lagos? How do I go with my registration too and at what cost? Initial capital for average business can cost up to how much?

Thanks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by BiggerBangs: 2:48am On Aug 15, 2015
thank you for this thread..am Learning.i may Invest in this Business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
Day by day i come across new opportunities in Egg Distribution.
I meet a lady who goes to Ota in Ogun state to source her eggs within the week. After our bargain, she placed a weekly order of 150 crates from me.
According to her, she spends a day in a week to complete all that concerns eggs. Now she asked me to take over that so that she can concentrate of the sales proper.
This is a windfall.
You can be much ''luckier'' than myself. Take a step.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by BiggerBangs: 12:23am On Aug 16, 2015
Blackkie:
Day by day i come across new opportunities in Egg Distribution.
I meet a lady who goes to Ota in Ogun state to source her eggs within the week. After our bargain, she placed a weekly order of 150 crates from me.
According to her, she spends a day in a week to complete all that concerns eggs. Now she asked me to take over that so that she can concentrate of the sales proper.
This is a windfall.
You can be much ''luckier'' than myself. Take a step.

Good One..Following
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 12:16am On Aug 17, 2015
While purchasing your egg crates, make arrangements for both the large size and small sizes.

If you are to ferry it over along distance, use the big ones, then while delivering it to retailers use the small ones.

Reason, when you use the big crates for delivery, the eggs look very small but with a small crate, small eggs look big.
The women and other retailers will always cash on your being new in the system and dampen your moral.

However with the big crates, your eggs will enjoy space and you will experience lesser damages.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by mrsage(m): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2015
Good
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
I have learnt a lot from the women who are my business partners.
They thrive on OPM - Other Peoples Money.
You supply them on credit and they return your money after sales.
They have many clients waiting to deal with them and they don't give a danm. If you are not meeting their demand, they switch.
But here is the MAIN thing, once you get one of them as a repeat client, your success rate is gathering momentum. They dispose about 20 crates every three {3} days. they serve a lot of Aboki and Togo women who deal on Jollof rice by the roadside.

Remember, egg falls into the food chain.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
ATTENTION -

I need a link to a poultry farm owner!

I need them for direct supply of eggs. I will prefer to pick my products directly from the farm.
If the farm in within Ofada axis, i will like better.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
Waooo!
A lot has taken place on this journey:-
* The scarcity of eggs in this month of August is terrible, however those who own a farm are smiling louder.
* If you can get about 10 ''Indomie makers'' in your area, you have a big business on your laps.

* Don't assume the retailers are sincere, ABEG get an invoice ahead of time it will save you lots of stress.

* From my finding, Ogun and Oyo states controls the egg supply business in Lagos. Look out for farm owners from that area and your supply is constant.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by VickyHills(f): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
Good evening, Blakkie. I've been following your thread and I'm so interested to venture into it. Kindly, help me with names and contacts of egg suppliers. The suppliers here at Ilasa are ridiculously expensive. Pls help a sister. Thanks and God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by BiggerBangs: 11:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
Blackkie:
Waooo!
A lot has taken place on this journey:-
* The scarcity of eggs in this month of August is terrible, however those who own a farm are smiling louder.
* If you can get about 10 ''Indomie makers'' in your area, you have a big business on your laps.

* Don't assume the retailers are sincere, ABEG get an invoice ahead of time it will save you lots of stress.

* From my finding, Ogun and Oyo states controls the egg supply business in Lagos. Look out for farm owners from that area and your supply is constant.

Please Advice a brother which one is more profitable having a Poultry Farm or Doing the Egg Distribution..i have a plot of land and some cash to invest in it..i just want to seek more knowledge about the profitability of the business i was moved by your post,thanks

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
How are you operating in the business?
A bulk seller like am doing or you have a retail outlet?
What volume are you looking at?
Email me - phortizoltd@yahoo.com

VickyHills:
Good evening, Blakkie. I've been following your thread and I'm so interested to venture into it. Kindly, help me with names and contacts of egg suppliers. The suppliers here at Ilasa are ridiculously expensive. Pls help a sister. Thanks and God bless
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
Having a poultry farm is taking a bigger responsibility, it takes a lot. If that is in your
plan, you MUST seek advice from current farm owners who are successful. Do not work with MERE visibility studies.
I will suggest you start the journey via Egg Distribution. From there you will get to know the tricks and trends of what insiders do. Since i went into the business, i have LEARNT a lot about poultry business and same will be adequate for you also.
I can link you with a farmer at Lusada in Ogun state for details.

BiggerBangs:

Please Advice a brother which one is more profitable having a Poultry Farm or Doing the Egg Distribution..i have a plot of land and some cash to invest in it..i just want to seek more knowledge about the profitability of the business i was moved by your post,thanks

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 12:48am On Sep 07, 2015
The boom is around the corner!
Eggs are getting more scarce while demand aint shrinking.

Schools will surely re-open mid September, get set for the mega deals.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by millhouse: 9:26am On Sep 07, 2015
Rt
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 07, 2015
One of the few genuine threads on NL biz & investment section...kudos @ op

14 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by McEasy(m): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
What a eyes opener.

Kindly give a summary breakdown because I think there will be a need to get a car.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply)

Football Betting System That Guarantees No Loss Of Bet Capital And Steady Profit / Binary Option Alertz/strategies Season4 (new Dawn) / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.