Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks (5221 Views)

Daddy Freeze Slams Funke Felix Adejumo: Jay Z Insulted T.D Jakes, Still Makes... / Bishop T. D. Jakes Arrives Nigeria For COZA Event. Pics With Biodun Fatoyinbo / Dolapo Osinbajo, Bishop T.D. Jakes And Pastor Paul Adefarasin Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25am On Aug 11, 2015
T.D. Jakes 'Shocked' After Theology Called Into Question Following Remarks Respecting 'Gay Rights'
August 10, 2015 | Filed under: Life & Society,Top Stories | By: Heather Clark

Megachurch leader and author T.D. Jakes says that he is "shocked" by how his comments last week regarding homosexual rights have been interpreted as some across the nation are now calling his theology into question over the opinions he provided about the issue.

FINDING GAY-AFFIRMING CHURCHES AND 'RESPECTING' GAY RIGHTS

As previously reported, during an interview with the Huffington Post last Monday, Jakes was asked by a viewer if he believes that homosexuals and the black church can co-exist.

"Absolutely," he replied.

"An obvious yes; the Church ain't turning nobody away," interviewer Marc Lamont Hill added. "How should the black church and the LGBT community co-exist?"

"I think it is going to be diverse from church to church. Every church has a different opinion on the issue and every gay person is different," Jakes replied. "And I think that to speak that the church—the black church, the white church or any kind of church you wanna call it—are all the same, is totally not true."

Jakes said that he thinks homosexuals should find congregations that affirm their lifestyle.

"LGBT’s of different types and sorts have to find a place of worship that reflects what your views are and what you believe like anyone else," he outlined.

"The church should have the right to have its own convictions and values; if you don’t like those convictions and values [and] you totally disagree with it, don’t try to change my house, move into your own … and find somebody who gets what you get about faith," Jakes added.

When asked if his thinking has "evolved," Jakes agreed that it has.

"Evolved and evolving," he replied. "I think that where I am is to better understand we, the church, bought into the myth that this is a Christian nation."

Earlier this year, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that states must legalize same-sex "marriage," igniting a battle between the Church and State over the issue. In his comments last Monday, Jakes advocated for the separation of Church and State, which would allow for "all types of people" to have whatever rights they desire despite biblical prohibitions. He said that politics don't need to be based on Christianity.

"[O]nce you get past [thinking America is a Christian nation] … Once you begin to understand that democracy—that a republic actually—is designed to be an overarching system to protect our unique nuances, then we no longer look for public policy to reflect biblical ethics," Jakes explained.

"If we can divide—or what you would call separation of Church and State—then we can dwell together more effectively because atheists, agnostics, Jews, all types of people, Muslims, pay into the government. The government then cannot reflect one particular view over another just because we're the dominant group of religious people in [this] country because those numbers are changing every day," he asserted. "We need a neutralized government that protects our right to disagree with one another and agree with one another."

"That's outside the Church," Hill remarked. "Inside the Church, has your thinking shifted biblically, Scripturally, hermeneutically at all? The reason I ask that is because I talk to a lot of ministers now …. and one of the questions [at a recent African meeting] was, is there a way to approach Christian tradition—Christian Scripture—in light of a new understanding of LGBT?"

Hill then pointed to the issue of slavery, and that "irrespective of what [biblical] text says literally, we don't support slavery as a body." He asked if there was likewise "room for that same kind of shift" when it comes to homosexuality.

Jakes said that he believed that the shift needed to occur "behind the closed doors of the church" to avoid being called names by society for disagreeing on the matter. He added moments later that the issue of homosexuality is "complex."

"Paul spends a lot of time wrestling back and forth, trying to understand should a woman wear a head covering, should you cut your hair," Jakes stated. "I mean, they grappled back then and we're grappling now because we're humans and we are flawed and we're not God."

"Once you understand you're not God, you leave yourself an 'out' clause to grow," he said.

JAKES 'SHOCKED' BY HOW COMMENTS WERE PERCEIVED

Following Christian News Network's report on Jakes' statements, he shot back on Facebook, remarking that he was "shocked" at how his comments were interpreted, but reiterated that while he personally disagrees with homosexual "marriage," he "respects" the government's provision of it.

"My comment on HuffPo TV drifted into issues of the Supreme Court ruling and changing the world through public policy versus personal witness. Further, I have come to respect that I can't force my beliefs on others by controlling public policy for tax payers and other U.S. citizens," he wrote.

"Jesus never sought to change the world through public policy but rather through personal transformation. All people didn't embrace him either," Jakes continued. "That's what I said and what I meant …. Nothing more and nothing less."

He contended that when he used the phrase "evolved and evolving" in response to Hill's question, he was only referring to the methods used to minister to homosexuals, not his position on the issue.

"When asked about the 'black church' and its role in ministering to gay people, I briefly mentioned (we were running out of time) the word 'evolved and evolving' regarding my approach over the 39 years of my ministry to gay people who choose to come to our services," Jakes wrote. "I simply meant that my method is evolving—not my message."

"I was shocked to read that this was manipulated in a subsequent article to say I endorsed same sex marriage! My position on the subject has been steadfast and rooted in Scripture," he continued.

Jakes concluded by stating that although he personally opposes same-sex "marriage," he "respects the rights" given to homosexuals by the U.S. government.

"For the record, I do not endorse same sex marriage but I respect the rights that this country affords those that disagree with me," he remarked.

CONCERNS EXPRESSED OVER JAKES' STATEMENTS, THEOLOGY

On Monday, author and speaker Dr. Michael Brown wrote an open letter to Jakes for Charisma, expressing that Jakes' "answers [to Hill] appeared to be intentionally ambiguous."

"At best, your comments left your hearers in the dark; at worst, they gave the impression that you now support same-sex 'marriage,'" Brown wrote.

He then outlined his concerns regarding Jakes' remarks.

"You … counselled professing gay Christians to find a church that supports their views, as if there is no right or wrong and as if the goal of the church is to make everyone feel comfortable, regardless of their lifestyle, their morality and their beliefs," Brown said. "That's the counsel of a servant of God? [That] regardless of what you believe, just a find a place that agrees with your views and makes yourself at home?"

"I thought the church was called to bring people to Jesus, to stand for righteousness, to care for the needy, to shine like light in the darkness, to declare God's will and to live it out," he continued. "And don't you have a responsibility as a leader to warn people about deception?"

Brown opined that Jakes spoke in roundabout terms that did not provide a direct response to Hill's questions.

"[M]ay I ask how the question of whether America is or is not a Christian nation relates to Mr. Hill's question of your own view of homosexuality?" he asked. "Is it that difficult to say, 'I believe according to Scripture that homosexual practice is sinful in God's eyes, but I don't believe I have the right to enforce that belief on others because of the separation of church and state'—if that is, in fact, what you believe?"

"[D]oes a 'neutralized government' make no laws concerning marriage or morality? Should the government also accommodate polygamy because Mormons and Muslims pay into the government?" Brown inquired. "Again, I do understand part of the point you were making, but ultimately, your comments avoided addressing some of the questions Mr. Hill was asking you (or, at least, that your listeners wanted answered)…"

Others reading Brown's article expressed similar opinions.

"I read the interview by TD Jakes, and it amounted to a murky, unnecessarily verbose, stuff and nonsense," one commenter wrote. "These days there seems to be a pattern. Some secular journalist asks a question. The preacher gives the most uncertain, ambiguous answer presumably designed to appease… The preacher gets blowback. He claims to be shocked and then issues a statement 'clarifying' his position."

"Jakes is savvy enough to know that the surest way to arouse the snorting bull of suspicion is to wave the red flag of ambiguity and [use] words like 'evolving,'" another stated. "Why is he surprised by the blowback?"

Jakes' The Potter's House did not return calls seeking clarification from Christian News Network or other news outlets.

http://christiannews.net/2015/08/10/t-d-jakes-shocked-after-theology-called-into-question-following-remarks-respecting-gay-rights/

Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by dapyd1(m): 1:50am On Aug 11, 2015
Its been a long time coming especially in America.
Pastor's are now seeker-friendly, giving the audience what they want to hear instar if what they are supposed to hear.
That's why the church is now a laughing stock to the world and ucv will continue to be so.
All we have are now political pastors that done and wine with men of questionable character just to get funds and patronage.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by AdeniyiA(m): 2:39am On Aug 11, 2015
I said it, the man was busy saying everything but ended up saying nothing! useless circumloculation undecided

1 Like

Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by vooks: 4:15am On Aug 11, 2015
Image123 nailed it; political correctness.

The same that makes Joel Osteen avoid judgement and hell like plague

1 Like

Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by tos4u(m): 5:51am On Aug 11, 2015
T D Jakes my best American preacher of all time
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by UyiIredia(m): 8:01am On Aug 11, 2015
SMH.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2015
dapyd1:

Its been a long time coming especially in America.
Pastor's are now seeker-friendly, giving the audience what they want to hear instar if what they are supposed to hear.
That's why the church is now a laughing stock to the world and ucv will continue to be so.
All we have are now political pastors that done and wine with men of questionable character just to get funds and patronage.

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears" (2 Timothy 4:3).

That time has come! shocked
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by esere826: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
TD jakes spoke soundly
he expresses the views that most Christians espouse
which is simply that all ministries cannot be the same

there are some churches that expressly forbids single men and women intermingling and punishes them if they try it
others seem to thrive on such intermingling of opposite sexes and then explain that they cannot sin or that it is no sin

Some ministries have no qualms if you empty the treasury you've been entrusted with
while some frown at such pilfery

Some ministries are excited about tongue speaking throughout the service
while some would rather that you remain calm

If you don't like a ministry, ..live it and join another or start one
no need turning yourself to a bull in a china shop destroying everything and demanding that rules be changed because of you

2 Likes

Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by orisa37: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Gay is no Right. It is Exploitation of Self. It is Selfishness without Grace and so not Righteous at all. Marriage of man and woman and the issuance of licence to cover it is to provide evidence against exploitation of the weaker partner. Otherwise, Marriage is simply God's Ordained Trade By Barter for man and woman only.

1 Like

Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by orisa37: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2015
Gay is no Right. It is Exploitation of our selves. It is Selfishness Without Grace. And so, it is not Holy, Pure, Righteous and Sovereign before God. Gay people are nuisance, neurotic, indisciplined and simply experimenting.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
AdeniyiA:

I said it, the man was busy saying everything but ended up saying nothing! useless circumloculation undecided

We are surely in the last days.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by parisbookaddict(f): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
Jakes is very eloquent and this is the reason I am surprised at how ambiguous and unclear his initial comments were.. the rest of his remarks are not faulty but too guarded nonetheless. .
The gay life style is disgusting unnatural and condemned by scripture. He and every christian should reject gay marriage but should NOT impose our worldview on others.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by doofanc: 3:44am On Aug 14, 2015
I was truly shocked and saddened to read those comments from TDJ.

He's one few ministers now who, not despite his many years in minitry, had remained consistent and scandal free.

Unlike what occurs in sime mega Churches i've heard him preaching Holiness and righteousness.

Its not my place to judge, but his comments have left highly disappointed.

End is truly near
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2015
vooks:

Image123 nailed it; political correctness.

The same that makes Joel Osteen avoid judgement and hell like plague

That is political correctness gone mad. shocked

1 Like

Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2015
tos4u:

T D Jakes my best American preacher of all time

Are you prepared to go down with him?
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Aug 14, 2015
UyiIredia:

SMH.

Tell us what you feel. cheesy
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
esere826:

TD jakes spoke soundly
he expresses the views that most Christians espouse
which is simply that all ministries cannot be the same

there are some churches that expressly forbids single men and women intermingling and punishes them if they try it
others seem to thrive on such intermingling of opposite sexes and then explain that they cannot sin or that it is no sin

Some ministries have no qualms if you empty the treasury you've been entrusted with
while some frown at such pilfery

Some ministries are excited about tongue speaking throughout the service
while some would rather that you remain calm

If you don't like a ministry, ..live it and join another or start one
no need turning yourself to a bull in a china shop destroying everything and demanding that rules be changed because of you

Are you saying that you agree with what T.D. Jake said?
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
orisa37:

Gay is no Right. It is Exploitation of our selves. It is Selfishness Without Grace. And so, it is not Holy, Pure, Righteous and Sovereign before God. Gay people are nuisance, neurotic, indisciplined and simply experimenting.

God's grace is available to save and deliver them.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Jakes is very eloquent and this is the reason I am surprised at how ambiguous and unclear his initial comments were.. the rest of his remarks are not faulty but too guarded nonetheless. .
The gay life style is disgusting unnatural and condemned by scripture. He and every christian should reject gay marriage but should impose their worldview on others.

Did you mean to say that we should not impose our worldview on them as much as they should not impose theirs on us?
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
doofanc:

I was truly shocked and saddened to read those comments from TDJ.

He's one few ministers now who, not despite his many years in minitry, had remained consistent and scandal free.

Unlike what occurs in sime mega Churches i've heard him preaching Holiness and righteousness.

Its not my place to judge, but his comments have left highly disappointed.

End is truly near

You can judge whether his comments on the gay issue is either the truth or heresy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by parisbookaddict(f): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Did you mean to say that we should not impose our worldview on them as much as they should not impose theirs on us?

Its a typo. I should correct that. I meant we should NOT impose our worldview on others, and same with them, they should NOT impose the gay thing on us.

Entertainment seems to be one of their weapons, as a Christian I don't listen to musicians who support the gay culture, I don't watch gay friendly TV shows eg Ellen, modern family etc, CNN is filled with gay empolyees who push the "gay agenda" eg Anderson cooper, Richard quest, Eric bannet (allegedly)

They seem to be doing the imposition and we Christians must be vigilant.

2 Likes

Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by esere826: 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that you agree with what T.D. Jake said?
Perfectly yes

He spoke with wisdom,...absolute wisdom
Do you realise that John the Baptist was killed because he was quite blunt??
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19am On Aug 15, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Its a typo. I should correct that. I meant we should NOT impose our worldview on others, and same with them, they should NOT impose the gay thing on us.

Entertainment seems to be one of their weapons, as a Christian I don't listen to musicians who support the gay culture, I don't watch gay friendly TV shows eg Ellen, modern family etc, CNN is filled with gay empolyees who push the "gay agenda" eg Anderson cooper, Richard quest, Eric bannet (allegedly)

They seem to be doing the imposition and we Christians must be vigilant.

As much as I agree with your post I also insist that as Christians we should not condone the lifestyle in our churches or sermons.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20am On Aug 15, 2015
esere826:

Perfectly yes

He spoke with wisdom,...absolute wisdom
Do you realise that John the Baptist was killed because he was quite blunt??

I will call that kind of 'wisdom' earthly and carnal. angry
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by Kei144(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2015
People should really be careful how they pass judgment. There is an indication that homosexuality may be as a result of mercury poisoning, or any other such chemical. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/12/101203-homosexual-birds-mercury-science/

A lot of human body functions are governed by chemicals. I am not into life sciences, but I am aware that the attraction to opposite sex is governed by some chemicals in the body. What if some unknown chemical poisoning causes the body to produce chemical that causes attraction to same sex, instead of the chemical that attracts to opposite sex? Will God condemn a person who is a victim of unintentional chemical poisoning for behaving abnormally?

Gay character may not be a matter of experimenting with absurdities, after all. As for Christians who are quick to condemn gays, how many of them have power to deliver a gay from homosexuality?

1Co. 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
1Co. 13:10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

1Co. 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by orisa37: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2015
Christ's Character is as available as Fresh Air to those who care!!!!
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by parisbookaddict(f): 8:41am On Aug 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

As much as I agree with your post I also insist that as Christians we should not condone the lifestyle in our churches or sermons.

I did NOT in any way insinuate we should condone it. Its abhorrent and disguSting.

We should preach against it very clearly and boldly. This, Jakes failed to do.

But we should not force our wOrldview on others.

If gay men comes to church, they should discard that life, sermons should not be diluted to please anyone. But we shouldn't be hostile to them. They are as flawed as anyother fornicator or adultress. I have even heard where people call for their deaths(both devout Muslims and pseudo-Christians) . That is terrible. They have human rights.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2015
parisbookaddict:

I did NOT in any way insinuate we should condone it. Its abhorrent and disguSting.

We should preach against it very clearly and boldly. This, Jakes failed to do.

Good.

parisbookaddict:

But we should not force our wOrldview on others.

What do you mean by that? Is it not the world forcing their worldview on the church using the media, entertainment etc as you have rightly opined? This lifestyle is being promoted from the cradle to the grave as we speak but they would not have the church exercise it's rights to preach against it, they call it hate speech.

parisbookaddict:

If gay men comes to church, they should discard that life, sermons should not be diluted to please anyone. But we shouldn't be hostile to them. They are as flawed as anyother fornicator or adultress. I have even heard where people call for their deaths(both devout Muslims and pseudo-Christians) . That is terrible. They have human rights.

Do you agree with T.D. Jakes that they should go to churches who condone their lifestyles?
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2015
orisa37:

Christ's Character is as available as Fresh Air to those who care!!!!

Amen!
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by parisbookaddict(f): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Good.

What do you mean by that? Is it not the world forcing their worldview on the church using the media, entertainment etc as you have rightly opined? This lifestyle is being promoted from the cradle to the grave as we speak but they would not have the church exercise it's rights to preach against it, they call it hate speech.

It is left to us Christians to promote morality and heterosexual conduct, marriages.

Do the gAys and liberals force u to watch their media, secular music, movies etc which promotes immorality.

We must preach against it. They may interpret it as a hate speech that is their cup of tea. Its everyones right to express their views , including the gay.

We have a lot of hypocrisy in the church and this is why the "gay agenda" keeps moving forward. Only the catholic church has stood firmly against gays, abortions, euthanasia. Yet some priests have been charged with molesting male kids.

Many protestant churches have buckled to pressure, even the Anglican church. Pastors like Rick warren have even swayed to pressure, I like him but he sways. Today he is opposed to gayS, tomorrow he distances himself from anti-gay people. Joel osteen has swayed, even mega church pastor bishop Eddie long who is opposed to gays was caught up in a scandal involving molesting young boys.

We need to stand firmly against it, this is not imposing ones own world view, it is simply defending ones own world view without hypocrisy.

Do you agree with T.D. Jakes that they should go to churches who condone their lifestyles?

NO. All I have said so far points clearly to the fact that I am disappointed with some of what he said but he made some common sense points as well. Including the unclear remark about evolving opinion on gays.

Any church that condones gays is not a church.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by mustymatic(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
parisbookaddict:

I have even heard where people call for their deaths(both devout Muslims and pseudo-Christians) . That is terrible. They have human rights.
Are you a devout Christian? Do you kno what the Bible says regarding it?
So now I understand you do this for fun, you are not a believer.
Re: T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
parisbookaddict:

It is left to us Christians to promote morality and heterosexual conduct, marriages.

Do the gAys and liberals force u to watch their media, secular music, movies etc which promotes immorality.

We are being bombarded with their promotions. Children as young as 5 years old are being taught in our public schools that the gay lifestyle is an alternative lifestyle to heterosexuals with the use of dolls and cartoons.

parisbookaddict:

We must preach against it. They may interpret it as a hate speech that is their cup of tea. Its everyones right to express their views , including the gay.

In the UK and US of A, if you exercise your right as a Christian to preach against the sin of homosexuals you will be arrested for hate speech.

parisbookaddict:

We have a lot of hypocrisy in the church and this is why the "gay agenda" keeps moving forward. Only the catholic church has stood firmly against gays, abortions, euthanasia. Yet some priests have been charged with molesting male kids.

It is even worse if we claim to stand against the sin in public and privately practise abortion, homosexuality, paedophilia and all sorts of immorality.

parisbookaddict:

Many protestant churches have buckled to pressure, even the Anglican church. Pastors like Rick warren have even swayed to pressure, I like him but he sways. Today he is opposed to gayS, tomorrow he distances himself from anti-gay people. Joel osteen has swayed, even mega church pastor bishop Eddie long who is opposed to gays was caught up in a scandal involving molesting young boys.

The Word of God is clear when it comes to dealing with these charlatans:

"My son, fear thou the Lord and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change" (Proverbs 24:21).

parisbookaddict:

We need to stand firmly against it, this is not imposing ones own world view, it is simply defending ones own world view without hypocrisy.

More like defending the faith, right?

"earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints" (Jude 3).

parisbookaddict:

NO. All I have said so far points clearly to the fact that I am disappointed with some of what he said but he made some common sense points as well. Including the unclear remark about evolving opinion on gays.

What were the 'common sense points'? Please share.

parisbookaddict:

Any church that condones gays is not a church.

Agreed. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland / Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? / Why Are Chirstians/muslims So Brainwashed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.